Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took too long folks.
I was watching My Best Friend’s Wedding with Hank when Remy finally found me. It’s no secret that when I’m told anyone is looking for me I automatically take cover and hide from whatever is so important that they’re trying to hunt me down and can’t simply wait until they run into me. So of course the most logical place to hide out was in the basement watching a movie.

I was allowed to eat popcorn. Without butter anyways. I knew Hank was taking my nutrition a little too far but since I had yet to decipher why he was so obsessed with my pregnancy I wasn’t able to confront him with my desire for a cheeseburger. It wasn’t pregnancy cravings I swear. I just freaking love cheeseburgers.

“Rogue, can I talk to you?” Remy murmured from the door. His voice shook.
Remy nervous was a very weird thing to see, it made me edgy. “Yeah, sure.” Hank eyed me for a second before turning back to the movie, not bothering to pause it for me since I had seen it so many times I could literally perform a scene by scene. Remy and I walked out into the hall, closing the door behind us.

“Want to go out for dinner?” He asked, looking like he wanted to continue walking upstairs. I caught on and continued walking. He walked a small distance behind me, a hand on the small of my back like a guide.

“I’m not hungry.” I admitted, unwilling to also say the fact I had no intention of leaving the mansion with my hair like this. He nodded slowly, his eyes on the floor. In silence, he led me outside onto the porch. It was getting dark out, the sun about to set on the horizon. The sky was on fire with all the different colours of orange and pink and red, while directly above us I was able to make out a few stars.

He leaned against the balcony, facing me while I looked out at the sunset. “We’ve been dating for two years.” He began. My heart dropped. Shit. I knew where this was headed.
“On an off.” I corrected quietly.
“We’ve had our problems, but I think it’s made us stronger...” He continued as though I hadn’t spoke.
“I think it’s kinda cold out here...” I whispered, out of breath. I started to walk in but he grabbed my wrist to hold me there, his gaze burning into mine.
“Please chere.” He murmured. “I love you.” His voice was strong, certain of everything he was saying. He held my hand in both of his as he lowered to one knee. “And I want to marry you, so...” Remy smiled a smile I had never seen before. It was a cheerful boyish smile. Like all his hope was placed in his next few words. “Will you marry me?”

The box he presented me was deep blue velvet, and when it snapped open it revealed a simple elegant diamond ring.

I clenched my teeth as the silence fell through me. I suddenly felt empty. I sucked in a breath and kneeled to the floor so that I was at eye level with him. “Remy...” My voice was almost a whimper. “Is this because I’m pregnant?”

He glanced away. “I’ve wanted to for a while, but now it just seems like the right time.”
I shook my head. “I’m sorry.” I whispered. “I can’t.” I pulled him to his feet and tried to hug him, but he stopped me.

“Is this because of Logan?”
“It’s because of a lot of things.” I murmured. I didn’t want to bring Logan into this conversation. “I think we need to take some time to think about things.”

Remy nodded, and pulled me into his arms. “When you’re ready chere, I’ll be waiting.”

***

I had been sitting on the porch for a long time reading, trying to get some air. Remy had left over an hour ago but I couldn’t bring myself to go inside. Jean had known that he was going to propose of course Which meant everyone knew. I didn’t want to have to deal with that, so I stayed outside, counted the stars and started rereading Persuasion.

The door opened behind me.

He sat down on the seat next to me, lit a cigar, took a puff and exhaled loudly. It was excruciating. He took a long time to speak, but I could feel him watching me. I just refused to look up from my book. I could hear the smile in his voice. “I hear you turned gumbo down.”

I still didn’t look up. “Oh did you?”
“He’s getting some good sympathy attention.” Logan commented, glancing back towards the mansion.
“That’s nice.”
“Jubilee sure is great at comforting. I had no idea she cared about him so much.”

I slammed my book closed. “Okay why’re you doing this to me?”
A sick grin spread across his face. “Just trying to get yur attention.”
I rolled my eyes at him, clutching my book to my chest. “Well you’ve got it. What do you want?”
He shrugged. “I can’t just want to spend some time with you?”
I clenched my teeth. “Oh.”

He laughed. “C’mon. I was just kidding. Cut me some slack. I’m a bit out of it.”
“You’re a bit out of it?” I demanded.
Logan sighed. “I’ve just been doing a lot of thinking.”
“About?”
“I’ll tell you when I know.” He grumbled. He took another puff of his cigar and noticed the way I followed the smoke. Suddenly it seemed like he realized something and jumped like it had scared the shit out of him. He pounded out his cigar into the ash tray and moved it as far away from himself as he could manage, all the while I was watching him.

He had reacted like a bee had been attacking him.

“What was that?” I demanded when he settled back into his chair and tried to pretend nothing had happened.
I saw his jaw tense. “Nothing.”
“Logan.” I growled.
He rolled his eyes at me with a smirk. “I forgot, shouldn’t smoke around you.” He shrugged as though it was stupid. Was he honestly embarrassed for caring? An overwhelming feeling of respect came over me. Warmth like a blanket. I smiled at him, the way his bad boy persona was beginning to fade.

He finally made eye contact and smiled back at me. “Want to go shopping?”
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Comment!