Story Notes:
Sorry about any spelling errors. I didn't get the chance to edit through here yet.
I took another gulp of my margarita, trying to be discrete every time I ordered a refill. I sat in the middle of a loud bar surrounded by rowdy ‘people’ dancing and drinking. Everyone had been invited out for Jubilee’s birthday, now of legal age, she had insured that everyone would come tonight, as though it were some kind of historic event. She had always been that kind of person. I believe there will be another party tomorrow for her ‘closer’ friends, and then a slumber party for her even ‘closer’ friends. I popped a few more pretzels in my mouth as I shook my head to myself, before seeing someone out of the corner of my eye.

“Lemme buy you a drink.” He murmured, his voice the low growl that I had become very accustomed to. He was wearing his usual attire, pair of grease covered jeans from being in the shop too long, a white t-shirt and his favourite leather jacket. I took a deep breath before smirking at his offer.

“Sorry, I’m done after this one.” I shrugged casually with a smile. “I think I’m an alcoholic.” I grabbed another handful of pretzels and popped a few in my mouth. The crunch made it easier to avoid eye contact.
One eyebrow raised as he studied my expression before turning towards my drink and smiling smugly. “Dontcha need liquor in there to be an alcoholic?”

Busted. He must be able to smell the lack of booze in my margarita. I cringed a bit, trying to avoid questions.

“Look kid, if ya don’ wanna drink just tell me.” He shoved a hand in his pocket as he took the empty seat next to me. “Just don’ lie to me.” He pulled out a cigar and lit it, before noticing the way my eyes followed the smoke. He offered me one, and the Logan in my mind growled with anticipation, but I shook my head. He shrugged.

I took another sip of my margarita. “I don’t want to drink.” I answered calmly.
He nodded. “That’s fine.” He glanced towards the dance floor where Remy twirled Jubes around. Then he turned back to me. “Why aren’tcha out there then?”

One more last gulp of my drink. “I don’t feel like dancing.” His head tilted to the side a bit. “I’m just feeling sick.” I said immediately, before realizing that was the wrong thing to say. “Headache.” I supplied as he looked more and more confused.

He gulped down the rest of his beer while looking like he was trying to restrain laughter. “You always were a shit liar.” He commented with an amused grin. I started to defend myself; come up with some kind of good come back to snip him with, but we were interrupted.

“You want to head home soon chere?” Remy asked, his thick Cajun accent coating his words.
“C’mon.” Logan nudged me gently, like a puppy wanting a pat. “Stay for midnight.” He grinned seductively, clearly with indecent thoughts. But those brown eyes of his had too much power over me. I couldn’t resist if I tried. That’s what got me into this jam.

I glanced over to Remy with a guilty smile. He just rolled his eyes at me and started walking away “I’ll see you at home.” But not before I caught the glare he shot at Logan, who simply smirked in response.
“He doesn’t like me much.” Logan pointed out.

“It’s not like you roll out the welcome wagon.” I finally noticed Logan’s complex expression. He seemed more concentrated than usual. Usually he didn’t pay much attention to anything, but the way he stared at me made me very nervous. Ignoring him I ate some more pretzels.

“Hungry?”
“Huh?”
“You’re eating a lot of those.”
“Oh. Yeah.”

He raised one eyebrow, folding his arms across his chest. “You gonna tell me what’s wrong?”
I shrugged casually. “I’m just not feeling well.” I grumbled. “I should go home.”
As I stood he rose with me and took my arm, swiftly pushing a bill across the table to the bartender. “I’ll give you a ride.” With that he started dragging me out.

“I thought you didn’t want to leave.” I challenged darkly.
“I changed my mind.”
I glared and let him drag me out of the bar, trying not to think about how upset Remy would be when he found out I had left so soon after him.

***

I dug my spoon deep into the carton of chocolate mint ice-cream, wondering whether or not my favourite burger place was still open, though I doubted it. Few places were open at 4 am. I took a deep breath, that that would sort my thoughts as I searched the cupboards for something yummy. I finally found a bag of stale chips but munched on them anyways, it was better than the suddenly repulsive smell of leftover meatloaf.

“You’re the loudest—” I jumped, choking slightly on the chips which sent me into a whirl of cough attacks. “—Snack searcher in the entire mansion you know.” Hank paused and watched me hack for a moment. “Sorry for scaring you.”

When I finally got a hold of myself I shot my worst glare at him. “Normal people can’t hear me.” The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. He had obviously taken offence. With a curt nod he made his way over to the counter by my side.

“That may be true. But how many ‘normal people’ reside here?” A slight smile and he changed the subject. “I’ve never seen you up this late.”
I put the lid on my ice-cream and started rolling up the chip bag to put it away. “I can’t sleep.”
He watched as I failed miserably at distracting myself. “A lot on the mind?”
“You could say that.”

He nodded slowly, before walking over to the fridge door and pulling out the milk, and then a deep pan which he proceeded to place on the stove and heat up. “This used to help me sleep when I was having difficulty.” As he warmed the milk he continued to speak. “Honey is known as a compound made up of fructooligosaccharides.” He started to explain when he saw my confused expression. “They’re fructose sugar molecules linked together in long chains... Also available in milk. The combination of the two is not only calming but aids in digestion as well.” He smiled to himself as he stirred in the honey and poured it into two mugs, handing one to me.

“Thanks.” I murmured.
He nodded. “Some women choose to have the addition of lemon.” He shrugged and leaned against the counter, taking a sip. “But that’s simply because it’s beneficial for unborn children.”
“Hank!” I gasped suddenly, but he just waited. I clenched my teeth and squeezed my eyes closed a moment before glaring at him. “How long have you known?”

“It was just a hunch. And you’re not very discrete with the sudden change in your eating habits.” I moaned slightly trying to think of something to say to fix things in the slightest. He took my hand “When you’re ready to talk, I’m here.” I couldn’t think of one thing to say to him, so Hank simply walked to the fridge, grabbed a lemon and set it on the counter beside me.

“The calcium helps build the bones.” He called over his shoulder as he walked out. He paused in the doorway, turning to look at me with that perplexed expression of his. Genuinely curious. “One question,” He said slowly.

“Whose is it?”
Chapter End Notes:
Please comment! I have no idea whether or not to continue with this.