Author's Chapter Notes:
Heads up -- this chapter is as smutty as the day is long. So, it's got that going for it. ;-) It's definitely convinced me that smut might be the most fun to read but it's the hardest to write!

This one is dedicated to notmyself, because people who leave lots of reviews are awesome and I think she'll particularly like this chapter. :-D
Logan wheeled around, half believing that the familiar honeyed drawl was in his mind. Despite the darkness of the room his eyes quickly focused in on Marie, casually leaning back in a chair tipped against a wall, her eyes lazily raking over his disheveled, bloody form.

Marie lifted one booted foot, letting the chair thump back onto all four legs. She watched Logan’s dazed eyes follow the motion and then snap back up to her face. She ground down hard on the tenderness she felt seeing him like this, bloody and bewildered. She had a strategy, and damned if she was going to let her soft heart get in the way of it.

“So, that was it, huh? No goodbye, no ‘Thanks for the good times, see ya around, sweetheart’?,” she drawled, stalking towards him. “Papa Scott feeds you some line about how you’re the Big Bad Wolf taking advantage of poor l’il ol’ me, and you buy it -- hook, line and sinker?”

His eyes narrowed on hers for a moment, and she read the intent look. “Aw, don’t worry, sugar, while you were skedaddlin’ from the hotel with your tail between your legs...” -- a low growl at that, which she ignored -- “...the Professor and I got Sabretooth safely walled away. This is just Marie.” She tilted her head thoughtfully. “And maybe a little bit of Rogue, because let me tell you, sugar, the two of us are all kinds of pissed off.”

He was edging away from her now, eyes refusing to meet hers, and she felt a flash of triumph -- if he had simply turned and gone out the door she would have been sunk, but she had him now.

“So back to our l’il fairy tale.” Turning her tone light, almost amused again, drawing him in. “Did you really think it was that simple? Did you really think we were that simple?” Still he refused to look at her, sitting down on the bed and staring numbly at the floor. God, she knew him, felt his thoughts moving through her brain as if she had taken him inside her head. But understanding him didn’t make his sheer bloody-mindedness any less frustrating.

“Convincing you that you’re not the Big Bad Wolf may be a little harder, so let’s start with the easy one. The part where I’m not a little girl, skippin’ through the forest, takin’ cookies to Grandma.” She leaned back against the wall, regarding him with exasperation. “Hell, sugar, you saw me take out a helicopter and drop a man who’s invulnerable with my bare skin. Do you really need more proof that I’m not some delicate flower?”

Finally, a response from him. “It’s not the same, and you know it,” he muttered. And then raspier -- “Besides, it hurt you.”

She suppressed the urge to reach out and touch him at the raw pain in his voice when he talked about her getting hurt. “Well, sugar, a lot of things worth havin’ take a little piece of your soul in the process. Don’t tell me I learned that lesson before you did.”

He closed his eyes, and she gave herself a mental shake. Focus, she told herself. “So, anyway, we’ve established that I can take care of myself physically. So, what, you’re worried about breakin’ my poor l’il heart?”

Closer to the bed now, putting her body just a step away from his, trying to stifle the wave of satisfaction as she saw him reflexively fill his lungs with her scent. “Well, let me tell you some things about little virgin Marie that would make Scott Summers clutch his pearls and reach for his smellin’ salts.”

A step closer now, and she could almost feel the heat of his body. “I may not have done much with this body, but I have a fuckin’ multitude in my head, and the things we’ve done would curl that wild hair of yours.” Reaching out and raking her nails through his hair, watching him shiver.

Lowering the tenor of her drawl now to a deep purr, “I’ve been a man fuckin’ a man, and a woman fuckin’ a woman.” One booted foot hard against his groin, grinding into him, watching his eyes grow hot and dark. Pushing him, knowing his control was near to snapping, and that was exactly what she wanted. “I’ve had it slow and easy, and I’ve had it hard and rough.” Turning away from him now, casually throwing over her shoulder. “I even took on two cowboys at once one night in Phoenix. Well, not me exactly, but boy, I sure do remember...”

He moved so fast she didn’t even hear him, suddenly finding herself up against the wall with his body pressed against hers, his voice low and dangerous in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. “What are you doin’, Marie? What do you want from me?”

Suddenly, it was too much. The familiar feel and smell of him, his breath hot against her neck and the heat of his body close against her. She was tired of the act. She had been playing this game for all that it was worth, but it was time to throw all her cards on the table. She dug her hands in his hair and pulled back hard, so she was looking him in the eye. She heard the rough undertone of tears in her voice, and hated it. “Honesty. That’s all. Did you want to leave me, or did you just think you should?”

And quick as that, his anger was gone too. She saw it all in his eyes -- confusion, regret, longing, despair, self-hatred. And he stood for a long moment and let her see it, let her in. Finally he dropped his head to the crook of her neck, slowly shaking it there, half in denial, half nuzzling her tender skin. “I don’t know what to do, Marie.” And then, as if torn from inside him, “Don’t leave me.”

Ah, crap. She felt her tears finally fall as the man who had tried to drop her like a bad habit begged her not to leave him. “I won’t,” she simply said. “I won’t.” For long moments they both stood there, feeling each other close and letting the acceptance of that settle into their bones.

Finally, she led him to the bed and sat him down. She went into the bathroom, returning with a warm damp washcloth, tenderly wiping the blood from his head and face, and then from his hand. She ran her fingertips down the side of his face, brushing his temple, tracing the line of his cheekbone, curving her palm down his stubbled cheek as he closed his eyes and turned his head to place a kiss in the hollow of her hand. When his eyelids lifted there was something new in his eyes, a heat that echoed deep within her, making her breath hitch and her skin tingle.

He laced his hand in hers and pulled her, slowly, until she was straddling his lap. Then she felt his hand, gentle on her face, drawing her towards him. She wasn’t sure what she had expected, but it wasn’t this -- his kiss slow and seductive, gently seeking, coaxing her to answer his tongue with hers. She closed her eyes and gave in to the warmth and taste of him, splaying her hands against his chest to steady herself against the sudden dizziness.

He pulled back, and now she felt his mouth graze against her ear, her neck, a light nip at her collarbone causing her to shiver. “Marie,” he breathed into the hollow of her throat, his stubbled cheek rasping slowly against her skin. “I want to see you.”

She nodded, and he swung around so he was sitting on the edge of the bed, letting her slide slowly down his body until she was standing between his legs. His knees pressed into her thighs, steadying her, and she was glad of the support as he slowly unbuttoned her shirt, placing soft kisses and little nips over the skin he uncovered.

He skimmed the shirt off her shoulders, and she let it fall to the floor. Her bra followed and then he was looking at her, a dark heat in his hazel eyes, his hands following everywhere that his eyes traveled, caressing and arousing. “Beautiful Marie,” he said, his voice rough, as he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her waist and suckling gently on the peak of her breast. She swayed into the heat of his mouth, gasping at the shock of the deep pull that seemed to reach inside her, sending a bolt of heat throughout her body.

Suddenly she needed to see and touch him too. With shaky fingers she unbuttoned the flannel shirt, pushing it off his shoulders and then pulling the undershirt over his head, smiling at the ruffled hair she caused. She felt his smooth skin and the play of the muscles of his chest under her hands as he responded to her touch, felt the tension in his strong arms as he restrained his movements to let her explore.

The last time she had touched him she had been so frantic, but now she allowed herself time to take in every detail -- how his chest hair felt rough against her hypersensitive palms, the small growly noises he made as her exploring hands brushed against his sensitive nipples, the jump in his pulse as she pressed her tongue at the base of his strong neck, tasting his salty skin.

She wanted to tell him how much this meant to her -- how long she had wanted this with someone, and how long she had wanted this with him. “Logan...God...” she said, and he seemed to understand, his arms tightening around her body, his mouth taking hers again more urgently this time in a delicious slick invasion.

She kicked off her boots and toed off her socks and he did the same, with a smile that kindled that warmth in her belly into a flame. Then his hands were warm against her waist as he unbuttoned her jeans, traveling her body in a slow sensual slide as he stripped jeans and underwear off her in one smooth motion. She felt his hands clench almost painfully tight on her hips as he looked up at her, heat and wonder and yearning all mixed together in his clear hazel gaze. He dipped his head and nuzzled his face into her belly, muttering words so soft she could barely make them out. “I’ll make this good for you, Marie.”

She smiled, her hand lacing through his thick hair. “I know. It’ll be good because it’s you, Logan.” A growl from him at that as he pulled her onto the bed, bracing himself over her on his elbows so the solid weight of his metal-laced body barely brushed her skin. She felt completely surrounded by the warm bulk of him, braced and protected by his heat and hardness surrounding her body.

He took her mouth again, a little more roughly, pressing his lower body into hers as the pressure and friction of his jeans against her sensitive skin made her gasp. She couldn’t help opening her thighs to him, embracing the feel of the rough fabric, the bite of his belt buckle against the soft skin of her belly as she helplessly arched up into him.

Her hands fumbled between them, seeking more access, more of his beautiful skin to touch. “God, Marie...” he groaned as her eager fingers brushed against his hardened flesh. He kicked his jeans off and turned them over, settling her atop him as she stroked and explored.

This was something she had never imagined, all those times that she had thought of touching or being touched. Her borrowed memories had not prepared her for the sheer joy and sense of power that rose up in her as Logan responded to her. She had never imagined the satisfaction she would feel knowing she was the cause of his panting breaths, her hands on his body causing him to shiver and groan, her tongue on his neck causing his pulse to jump.

“Marie, please,” he finally said, bucking helplessly up against her hands. Then she was taking him into her body, biting her lip against the slow burn as she adjusted to the feel of him. He ran his fingers through the fall of her hair, licking and kissing her neck, her breasts, her lips, as she started to slowly rock against him.

“That’s it...ah God...Marie baby...darlin’...just like that...” His hands found her hips, helping guide her, finding a rhythm that made the pleasure coil tighter and tighter inside her.

She heard herself as if from a distance, words helplessly falling from her mouth -- Logan, and sugar, and please. And then the pleasure so strong within her that the words dissolved into excited huffs and gasps, wordless murmurs as he began to push up against her, meeting her rhythm with his own, grinding up into her as his lips found hers again.

“God baby...you’re so close...so beautiful...show me...” he said, his rough voice pushing her higher as his hand came between them, his fingers slowly circling on a point of exquisite pleasure, coaxing her towards her peak.

She suddenly felt it all at once -- his body hard inside her, his solid frame clasped between her thighs, his tongue slick in her mouth, his hands on her skin, Logan -- and it was as if all the pleasure that had been coiling tighter and tighter inside her coalesced, and then rushed through her body in waves, as she shuddered and spasmed and sobbed his name into his warm mouth.

He continued to move gently against her, drawing out her pleasure, sending jolts of aftershock through her body for endless moments, before she finally collapsed on his chest. He tumbled her underneath him then, spreading her hair across the pillow, a hand coming up to run a thumb over her soft lips as her eyes met his.

She saw his jaw clench and eyes close, as every muscle in his body bunched with tension under her hands. “Marie...baby...I can’t...” he ground out, and she suddenly realized the effort he had been making to restrain himself.

She raked her hands through his wild hair, turning her head to sharply bite his thumb. “You don’t have to hold back, Logan. I want all of you,” she said. He opened his eyes, searching hers for her meaning, and she knew the exact moment when he saw it there. Something new flickering in his eyes, replacing the tenderness -- a dark predatory intent that rekindled the warmth in her belly.

Another low growl sending shivers through her body, his teeth bared against her neck, and then he was pushing into her, harder and deeper than she would have thought possible. His mouth was everywhere, devouring her, nips and licks and sucking bites over her lips, her neck, her breasts. She felt her body, still pliable from her own release, adapt to the onslaught as his hands spread her wider, pulling her knees up so he could go even deeper.

She felt his wildness call to something equally wild within her, and she raked her nails down his back, hands clenching against his sweat-slicked skin to pull him closer, harder. Feeling more than hearing his deep possessive growls and her own excited whimpers now in reverberations through her belly pressed against his as his body pounded into her.

She felt the pleasure start to build again, but faster, more intense this time, as the feel of Logan’s uncontrolled passion answered something fierce inside her. She stuttered half-formed words against his skin, more, and harder, and yes.

He lifted her, pinning her back up against the headboard, kneeling now between her long thighs wrapped around his waist, the new position allowing him leverage to grind into her harder, faster. He fucked her like she was everything, like he could push his soul into hers, imprint her body with his.

He was pushing her beyond thought, to a place where nothing existed but the feel and taste and sound and smell of him, body moving thickly in hers, tongue devouring her mouth, hands bringing her hips up and then insistently slamming her down again to seat himself fully inside her on every delicious stroke.

She was so close, she felt it coming, and so did he because he suddenly tore his mouth from hers, jerking his head back to pin her with his dark gaze. He wants to watch me come, she realized, and that thought was enough to send her over, her head snapping back as her body arched in ecstasy, her nails digging into his flesh and her mindless whimpers turning into a long breathy wail that had his name somewhere at the core of it.

Her eyes fluttered open in time to see his light up with primal satisfaction before he buried his face in her neck, his body pumping into hers in erratic thrusts. She felt him anchor his hands on the headboard, and then heard the metallic snap of his claws releasing as he bit down sharply on her shoulder. His body shook against hers as he came hard with a growly howl torn from deep inside him, rocking her with another burst of pleasure. She tightened her whole body around him as the heat and wetness of his release pulsed inside her, so intimate it made her heart twist.

They sat slumped over each other for long moments, trembling, feeling each others’ panting breaths and humming blood as their skin slowly cooled. Finally he lifted his head from the crook of her neck, sheathing the claws, smoothing her hair back, looking into her eyes with concern. “Marie...baby...darlin’...did I hurt you?”

She felt the wide smile spread across her face, words still beyond her. He buried his face in her hair and huffed in laughter and relief against her. Reluctantly pulling his body from hers, he pulled them down in the bed, spooning her against his front.

The rush of warmth and wetness widened her eyes, and she sat up on her elbow. “Logan...we didn’t...I didn’t even think of protection...”

He nuzzled her gently. “Not your time, baby,” he said. She met his eyes, startled, and saw the hint of shame they always held when he spoke of his more animal side. “I can tell,” he simply said. “If it makes you feel better, though...”

She placed a soft kiss on his lips, not even having to do the quick math to know he was right. “I trust you,” she said, and he rumbled his approval against her as he settled them back down.

She relaxed into his body. He was completely wrapped around her, his chest strong against her back, his legs curled under hers, one arm under her head and the other around her waist. She felt warm and protected and thoroughly debauched, and she luxuriated in those feelings. She felt his hand rubbing gentle circles on her belly and his rough tongue lapping soothingly at the bite on her shoulder as she slid into sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry, I'll admit the not-safe-sex was a total cop-out. I tried to work it in there (notice I even had Logan buy condoms last chapter?) but I just couldn't make it right. Oh well.

Remember when I was talking about how great reviewers are? (Yeah, it was before I filled your head with all that smut). Please review!