Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan tries a new tactic...

Ok. Day whatever. Hour whatever. Logan’d stopped countin’. He was down to his last resort. Normally he wouldn’t like to stoop so low, but there were times in a man’s life when he’s gotta do things for the greater good. This was one of ‘em.

Right, he thought. Plan of Action. Time? Eleven fifteen. Mornin’ lessons out soon. Just enough time for him to work up a sweat.

Tool box in hand he made his way to the broken air con unit. Well. Technically it wasn’t broken… yet. Another one of those greater good things, understand?

He looked left and right, then a carefully aimed adamantium elbow resulted in the horrible grating sound of air con death. Nice.

Out came the tools, bit grubby and greasy, but that couldn’t be helped. Off came the shirt, ‘cause y’know, with the air con down it was gonna get fuckin’ hot in here. Ooops, was that a bit of grease smeared across his finely honed abs? Ahh well, couldn’t be helped. Messy job this.

Ok, time check. Eleven twenty five. Not long now. He wiped his forehead, God it really was gettin’ hot, and… Oh fuck. Scott comin’ past.

“Air con broken *again* Logan?”

Ok, so it may not have been the first time he’d tried this. But this time, he had a secret weapon. Something no girl could resist.

“Should soon be up an’ runnin’ Scooter. No need to get your panties in a twist.”

Scott just gave him a long look. “Well maybe we ought to replace it.”

“Nah, I can fix it, it’s nothin’… really.” He whacked it with his wrench as if to prove a point, but the thing just coughed a little and gave off a cloud of…something. Shit. Maybe he really had broken it this time.

“Whatever you say Logan.” Scott gave him a grin which clearly said he didn’t believe him in the slightest, and strode off in the other direction.

Well, at least that meant he was out of the way, which was always a good thing. Despite spending ages convincing her otherwise, Marie was always wary around the pair of them since the closet incident, and she….wait…!

There were voices, footsteps. That could only mean one thing…

Classes were out.

Logan rolled his shoulders. Time to put calculated plan into action.

He reached down to the ice bucket beside him, pulled out a can of cold coke, and just as the students…or more importantly Marie, walked round the corner, he pulled the tab with a clear hiss.

Bring. It. On.

Manly gulps. That’s what was needed. Spill a little? Who cares. Wipe condensation across forehead. Let drips roll with sweat down the toned bare chest to the waistband of his low slung jeans. Oh yeah, he had this down to a fuckin’ ART. Diet fuckin’ coke break. He rocked it all the way to the damn bedroom and then some.

He wiped his mouth on the back of his hand, and as he put down the can, he used the opportunity to let his eyes wonder the room. Oh yeah. There she was. And she was watching. Hell yeah, was she watching.

So was half the student body… but… details were not important right now.

“Hey Logan.” Damn she looked good when she smiled at him like that, like he was the only person in the room.

“Don’t mind us, we’re just going to sit here quietly and drool.” That came from the yellow spark plug. He ignored her, deciding that he could always kill her later.

“Hey, kid,” he said, with all the sexy undertone he could muster. Which was quite a lot.

“You need a hand?”

“You know about fixing these units?” Not only was she hot, but she knew her stuff? Man that was-

“Actually… no.”

Ahhh well. Again. Details.

A voice came from the corner. “She could always grab your wrench...”

Yeah, the kid in yellow was gonna have to die.

“But maybe you could teach me?” Marie was still looking at him, and her eyes were hopeful, oh yes they were. Score for Logan. Bring it on.

He pretended to consider it. Didn't want to appear... well... desperate. “Well, I'm kinda busy right now, darlin'...” Yeah, that's it. Play hard to get. He was a lean, mean, Wolverine machine. “But how ‘bout I teach you later on, say, this evenin’?”

Was it his imagination or did that bring a bit of colour to her cheeks.

She brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face. “Where were you thinking?”

Now, he could play this subtle... romance her... take his time over – Oh Christ, did she just lick her lips? God, she should do that more often. How did such a little gesture suddenly become so appealing when she did it? He could just watch her all-

“Logan?”

He blinked at her. “Huh?”

“Where do you want to do it?”

Oh God. Everywhere. On everything. Up against the wall. On the stairs. Over the desk. Right now.

“Dude,” the yellow kid interrupted. She'd snuck forward to waive a hand in front of his face. “Hello? Your 'tutorial'?” She emphasised the last word rather more than was necessary.

Oh yeah. Right.

Ok. How to play this. Subtle? Could he do subtle?

“How ‘bout my room?”

Apparently not.

“Your room?”

Maybe that was a little obvious...

“Ok.”

She…Really?

Oh Yeah. Oh Yeah. He still had it. He rocked. Right now the Wolverine in his head was doing a celebratory ‘go Logan, go Logan’ swivelling dance. He was still smirking to himself as all the students drifted away, and all he could hear travelling back up the corridor was the yellow kid’s voice.

“So, Chica, whatcha gonna do once you have your hands on the Wolvie's tools?”

He needed a cold shower. Now.