Author's Chapter Notes:
Here! Have more trashy Logan-bashing foof. At least I'm not making him dress up in a bikini these days. That's an improvement... right?

Disclaimer: This chapter was written in a factory that also contained Hank-bashing. We can't promise that this chapter is entirely Hank-bashing free.

Two months, ten days, and forty five minutes.

Nearly one a.m. He was still awake. Nothin’ wrong with that. Couldn’t sleep, so just casually havin’ a beer.

In the hall closet.

What? You gonna get all fussy ‘bout location now? So what? Not like he was lookin’ for Narnia or anythin’. Or spyin’. Nope. Just that, y’know, with the door open a crack, he could see right into the rec room.

Where currently, the little Iceprick’s hand was draped oh so casually over Marie’s shoulder. Wondering lower.

He growled, not noticing Jubilee was passing until she leapt away from the closet with a startled squeak. Ahh well, the little spark plug could use some scarin’. Keep her in line.

Dammit? Was the Icecream tryin’ to put the moves on *his* girl? There were looks, he could see them, oh yes he could. And he didn’t like them. Not one fuckin’ bit.

He oughtta go over there, show Marie how a *real* man does it. Hoist her up over his shoulder, carry her away to some schmaltzy romantic background music, and… See? That was what he had been reduced to now. Cosmo was a thing of the past. He’d spent the afternoon holed up in his room watching re-runs of An Officer and A Gentleman. With chocolate. CHOCOLATE for Chrissake. And only dared to venture out when he realised he was growing more and more attached to the idea of sailor whites.

Maybe he should get himself one of those sailor caps. That would sweep her off her feet, sure it would.

Awww fuckit. She smiled at him. She smiled at the pimped up little Icecube, who grinned his little Simon-Cowell-would-love-me goddamn American Idol face right back at her.

And no, he didn't watch that. He hadn't sunk that low. (Well, only once, and he still felt dirty inside.)

He growled. Always helped to make him feel more manly. That was better. Oh but the unfolding prom-night drama in front of him was making him want to stab his eyes out. Why? Why would she subject herself to that... that.... Why he’d- …uh-oh.

Approaching footsteps. Fuck.

Stay quiet. Don’t move. Maybe whoever it was wouldn’t notice that he was…

…or not.

The door opened. Scott peered in. Frowned.

“Logan? What are you doing in the closet?”

Ok… how to get out of this one. Ha! Act defensive – yeah, that’ll work! *Growl* “What the fuck does it look like I’m doin’?”

“It look’s like you’re sitting in the closet.”

“Well I am!”

“Well… you… uh… *Why*?”

“’Cause I like the location.”

“Are you planning on staying there all night?”

“NO!”

“Logan, stop shouting.”

“I’M NOT SHOUTING. You’re interrupting MY personal time. And I’ll come OUT of the FUCKIN’ CLOSET when *I* want to! GOTTIT?…uh…hello…Marie.”

Ok. Last sentence replaying round his head right now. Not sounding too good. In fact, *really* not sounding too good. An argument with Scott and repeated references to coming out of the closet. Yeah. He might as well have stuck a big sign on his head saying ‘By the way kid, I’m gay’.

Screw it. He was never gonna get laid ever again.

“What ya doing Logan?” Marie asked, frowning slightly.

Was there any way of coming out of this dignity still in tact? Probably not.

“Are you and…”she swallowed… “Scott… I mean I know since you broke up with Jean you must be… lonely, but I didn’t imagine… not that I would mind… I didn’t mean. Oh...” She blushed bright red. “I’m going to go now.”

Logan watched her form retreating quickly down the hall and palmed his face. The girl he had been lusting after for months had just given him her ok to be with Scott.

Life? Was fuckin’ cruel.

Scott wasn’t half so pretty.




Two months, ten days, one hour and fifteen minutes.

“Kid?” Knocked on the door *again*. “Kid, I’m not… Look, don’t make me say it, ok? People might hear…”

“’S fine Logan. Honest.” The reply was muffled through the door.

“Look kid. I’m not gay. I’m. NOT. GAY…uh hi Doc, didn’t see you there…”

Hank looked mortified. “The least you could have done was to break it to me gently,” he sobbed, before running off.

Logan looked at Hank’s retreating form. He looked at the door. Today was not a good day.