Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter has been reviewed and revamped.
Ok. Chapter 7, and here we go. From now on things are just going to keep on rolling and become more interesting. Alright.

Disclaimer : Blah blah blah....I don't own crap!
Pool tables... Beer... Beer...

"Combo, side pocket."

Rogue lines up her sights with her cue and lightly taps the white tattered ball. However, in this case, lightly is still not lite enough. The white rubble flashes its way off the table and into the trashcan on the opposite side of the bar barely missing the tip of Logan's cigar. The bartender gives Rogue a long glare for the seventh time tonight.

"Well at least Ah got it in a pocket." The southern belle winks gently in the direction of the bartender, who just continues to wipe down his counter shaking his head, murmuring under his breath.

"Beer time. What y'ah want? Not another soda?"

"No. Ah believe ah'm done drinking for the night and playing pool."

Rogue makes her way to a near by table while Wolverine heads for the bar. He flicks his cigar into the ash tray and signals the bartender for another round. The burly man pulls out a fresh mug, slants it slightly and begins filling it. Liquid gold, Logan thinks to himself. Digging in his pocket looking for cash, he notices something. How could he forget? Hank had worked liked a mad man and finally got this project right. Now it was sitting there in Logan's pocket.

"Thanks."

Wolverine slaps down more then enough cash to cover the drink and heads toward the table Rogue is sitting at. Even though she was having a good time, she really still did look down and drained, like all the fun life that he knew in her was sucked out. However, he knew this could brighten her up, it had to.

He pulls out a chair and places his frosty mug on the table. Rogues arms are crossed on the table and her eyes are set on a TV branched to the corner of the bar. Apparently, there is something interesting on the news. Logan slides an object rapped in white material across the table to her, this seems to bring her back to reality.

"Uh...hey sugah. What's this?"

*~*~*~*~*

Thinking that if the tea did not sooth her bones, maybe a hot bath would. Gambit said he would be gone for a few hours and that she could use anything in his room that she needed. She sits next to the tub and begins running the water. Not liking the fact that it reminded her of where she was found, she decides to only fill it half way. Just as she starts undressing there's a knock at the door.

"One minute..." Jean grabs her robe and covers herself once more. "OK...come in..."

"Hi there. I'm Vertigo. Your father..."

"My father?"

"Yes. Would like to see you as soon as possible. He's wondering when you would like to resume your training."

"My...training? There must be some mistake? Training?"

"Oh no my dear. There is no mistake. Since your little accident, he decided it was best to give you a few days of rest, but it really is important that you do resume your training."

"Training? Please I don't understand...what training?"

"You mean to tell me you don't remember?"

Jean overcome with confusion, allows herself to fall to her knees. She really can't comprehend what is happening. Training. Father. Accident. Although, all those things did seem to ring a bell in her head, she's still confused.

"Can I ask you something...Vertigo?"

"Anything darling."

"What was the accident?"

"Well my dear, lets go have a chat with your father. He will explain everything." Vertigo holds out her hand to Jean. Deciding that talking to her father probably was the best coarse of action, Jean accepts the hand in front of her and stands up.

"I'll go and get dressed then."
Chapter End Notes:
I know, I know, another short one. But I really did plan it out this way. They have to be seperated this way. I find it intensifies it, and then the chapter itself has more meaning.