Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the second chapter in my ongoing series. I know that this as well as the next few chapters are fairly short, but as I keep on writing, I find them to be getting longer. Please enjoy and R&R!!

A.N : ~*~*~*~ represents either a change in time or place.


Disclaimer: Le Sigh! I do not own any of the x-men.
Standing in her pink flannel Hello-Kitty pj’s, Rogue watches as her bag of pop-corn turns in the microwave. The smell of the butter and salt warming her senses. She can’t remember the last time she sat down and watched a good old fashion horror flick, or the last time she was up so late for that matter.

“Let me guess. Movie time?”

Rogue jumps, startled. “Mercy! Logan, you scared the daylights out of me!”

Wolverine chews on what’s left of his cigar, leaning against the solid frame of the kitchen door, watching her empty the steaming pop-corn into a boll.

“Y’ah can’t do that t’ah people. Not everyone can hear as well as Wolverine y’ah know.”

She picks up the over sized boll and a glass of water and heads for the kitchen door. She raises her brow and looks up at him softly.

“Ah, excuse me Logan, but you are kind’ah in mah way.”

“Oh, right, sorry.” He scoots out of the way and watches her head down the hall towards the entertainment room, spilling bits of pop-corn here and there. Then suddenly, as if feeling his stare she stops and turns to look at him.

“Did y’ah want some?”

Logan looks her way looking lost. “Sorry, what?”

“Pop-corn. Did y’ah want some?”

“Uh, no. No thanks.”

“Ok. Suit yahself. Ah’m watching a scary movie if y’ah decide y’ah get bored.” Rogue turns and continues on her way to the entertainment room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Red eyes of the crazed man scan and read every word in folders and files of every known mutant. While another mutant, Gambit, stands in a darkened doorway waiting for instructions.

“Gambit got d’a word dat you wanted to see me.”

The red of the eyes intensify, and the crazed man tosses Remy a few folders.

“Gather a team and get to work. We have much to do and so little time to do it in.”

Gambit stares at the folders, nods his head and leaves the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rogue bundles herself up in a blanket and pushes play on the remote. The opening credits come to an end and the title Halloween pops up.

“Halloween huh? Guess it’s around that time of year.”

The hair on the back of Rogue’s neck stands on end. She could of sworn she just had a mini heart attack.

“God! Logan! How many times do Ah have to tell y’ah not to do that!”

Wolverine smirks and takes a seat at the opposite end of the sofa. Staring at Rogue, he realizes that they are alike in a lot of ways. He knows she’s in pain, he can’t see it, but he can feel it. A master of disguising her emotions, just like himself.

Feeling his stare on her, Rogue looks at Logan from the corner of her eye and shifts uneasily. Shoving another handful of pop-corn in her mouth and snuggling more into her blanket. Then an unsuspected scream is lashed out from the mouth of Jamie-Lee on the tv and even to his surprise Logan jolts.

Giggling and covering her mouth, Rogue tries to keep looking at the television, trying not to embarrass Wolverine. He raises a brow in her direction.

“Ah’m...ah’m...sorry...Logan.” She manages out between laughter. “Ah can’t help it. Ah knew you would get yours for scarring me.”

Logan rubs the back of his head, blushing.

“That’s Karma for sneaking up on me.”

The movie continues and Rogue places her boll on the small table not far from her. Again, she can feel his eyes in the back of her head. She picks up the remote and brings the volume down.

“Ok. Ask.”

Logan’s eyes widen. Did I say something, no I don’t think I did.

“Ask what?”

“Ah don’t know. Whatever it is y’ah so intent on thinking about. You’ve been acting all lost since yah got back. So ask.”

Rubbing his eyes with his finger tips, he suddenly realizes how tired he is. He takes a quick glance at the Grandfather clock to check the time. 2:13 am.

“No way. Don’t play that with me.”

“Play what?”

“The “sorry ah’m tired, can we talk later” thing.”

Wolverine sits up, stretches and rests again against the sofa. “Rogue.”

“Yeah? I’m still here yah know...”

“Are you...Are you ok kid?”

A wave of shock hits her and hard. Is it that obvious? How could he have known? She was more then certain that no one had told him of everything that had happened in his absence. No, she was positive. No one wanted to remember, so why speak of it.

“Wolverine...I...How did yah...?” She just can’t find the words. Water starts to form in her eyes. How can she put words to something she didn’t have answers to. Something she doesn’t understand herself.

Seeing that the pain’s worse then he originally thought, guilt hits him, again. Maybe she was starting to forget whatever it was that was so horrible, and he brought it back to memory. It killed him inside knowing he brought this back onto her. He could only count the ways he was going to torture that Cajun for whatever it was he had done to her. His friend.

He slid close to her, wrapped her up in the blanket and a hug. Brushing her hair lightly off to the side she began to sob.

“Rogue. God, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

Resting his chin on her hair covered forehead, he let her cry and continued to hold her until she stopped. He could feel the grip of her hand on his shirt lighten and hear her breathing deepen. She’s asleep. Carefully, making sure not to make contact with any of her skin, he carries her up to her bed and tucks her in.

Logan rests his back and head against his bedroom door. Guilt still stuck in his throat.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm sooooo opened to constructive responces. So please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve anything! TY again for reading :)