Forever by L Author (PG-13)
[Reviews - 3] Printer
Neither she nor he really wanted to be there, but somehow, it ended up being exactly the right place to be
Categories: X2
Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 5592 - Hits: 2543
Complete?: Yes - Published: 05/25/2008 - Last Updated: 05/25/2008
Story Notes:
Never wrote a movieverse-- or 'verse other than Evolution-- story. Certainly not a Logan/Marie pairing (shame on me). Yes, I am sad to say, I wrote such pairings as Lancitty, Kietro, Kurtty, Scance/Lott/whatever they call it now, Evietro, and so on. Even a Todditty. (Strange thing is, I don't like Kitty. Go figure.) That being said, please do not think that I'm completely hopeless. That was a long, long time ago. But onto the story. I read "Black Velvet" by Heather, and I was blown away. I hadn't heard that song in ages and her writing is abso-friggin'-lutely AWESOME. So-- a downloaded song, a few hours of playing, some incense, and a couple Cokes and Mountain Dews later, here I am. Credit to that story and the author for inspiring me ten times over. Go read it, you won't be disappointed.
The exact timing of this is... odd. Basically it's all the same, except Jean didn't "die" at the end of X2. (Though, really, am I the only one that actually cheered because she did? And not just because the Phoenix is actually almost cool? Seriously.) It's a couple of years later, as Marie has graduated the year before.
Random sidenote: Can anyone else see Joss Stone singing this song? I mean, really, she has the perfect voice for a rendition of it.
Another random sidenote: I've been listening to the Melissa Etheridge cover of it, not the original. Couldn't find the original. But still, it's a friggin' awesome song, ne?

1. Forever by L Author [Reviews - 3] star star star star half star (5592 words)