Thank Goodness for Small Mercies (And Lack There-of) by Nancy Lorenz
Summary: The girls are swimming when Logan has a slight mishap with itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny little denim ripped shorts.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 15157 Read: 5361 Published: 01/23/2008 Updated: 01/23/2008
Story Notes:
This is not beta read. And I know - the scientific explanation for the eventual miracle is lame, but dude - it's smut! Dedicated to Jengrrrl, the sweetheart who fuels me in my X-Men DVD deprivedness. She shows me cute Comic pictures and helps me with canon-ness. And Donna cause she stayed up to read my smoof, which could have resulted in the loss of her job. Merry Christmas, everyone.

1. Chapter 1 by Nancy Lorenz

Chapter 1 by Nancy Lorenz
No Running Beside the Pools

There should be a law against swimming in anything but proper store-bought swimming trunks. A strict, very clear law, for this mansion and any other mansion with poor girls that could go through what I've been through. Not that I'm complaining too much. The complete lack of this law has answered a lot of questions I've had that I've only wondered at naughty moments which I'd promptly smack myself for having afterwards. I've seen Logan in various states of undress, which is not surprising since we're best friends, we're both part of the X-Men team, and we all get changed after a mission in the same damned room anyway. In emergencies, there's no room for modesty.

Of course, we always had singlets or boxers or panties on, and you're so worried or buzzed, or tired and exhausted, that you don't care if it's Ewan McGreggor in front of you in his tighty whiteys - you just want to get out there and save the world or hit the damned sack. As a matter of course, I'm the youngest of the X-Men, so me rushing through in a bra and skirt was a bit of a shock for Logan the first time he saw me doin' it. That shock is nothing compared to what I went through the other day, and the most infuriating thing, the single most annoying thing about this - is that he doesn't even care. I think he thinks it's funny or something. What is it with men anyway?!

It started with summer-time. It was hot, damned hot. Well into the 80s, and people were hitting the olympic sized swimming pool on Xavier's mysteriously funded estate. It wasn't heated, thank God, not in the summer anyways. Everyone was leapin' about in skimpy little outfits, splashin' and playin' and coolin' off. Me, Miss "Sponge-for-Skin", was not so eager to go swimmin'. Not until I was readin' in my room, sweatin' away, and a dripping Jubilee came racing in with wide brown eyes.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Rogue - why aren't you in that pool?!"

I blinked, looking up at her state of distress, or something else. "I thought that was obvious..."

She whimpered, "Oh but - Logan's going for a swim!"

I rolled my eyes, looking back to the collection of Isaac Asimov essays that for some reason had intrigued me. They were about the very basic elements of physics and the like, and some part of me wanted to know as much about that stuff as possible. Maybe it could help me one day. It wouldn't help me this day. Jubilee was waiting for a response.

"Ah've seen him in little pants before, Jubes..."

She gulped, shaking her head, eyes still wide. "Nuh-uh, hon, not like this! Not what he's wearin'!!"

I frowned. Oh goodness gracious... she was going to drag me down there, I could see it in her eyes. I hmmphed, looking back to the book.

"I'm not goin' down there to perve on Logan."

She shrieked, leaping into my closet, "You don't have a choice! Where is that damned swimsuit the Professor got for you for summer?"

Now I groaned long. Professor Xavier, God bless his soul, had bought me a full-body swimsuit like the ones professional olympic swimmers wore. EXACTLY like they wore, going from ankle to wrist, yet he'd had them tailored a little more for a young woman and had the neckline swoop down a little bit, and special gloves and feet socks made of the same lycra, with rubber grips at the fingers and soles of the feet. It was his ongoing mission to integrate me as much as possible into the normal activies of later teenage life. Jubilee shook her head as she dug through my drawers, and with a growl of triumph she swung the swimsuit in the air in circles, hooting and jumping up and down. Digging out the matching footsies and gloves, she grinned at me.

"He's divin' off the diving board!!"

"Big deal."

"The highest one!!"

I rolled my eyes, but inside I secretly worried the huge show-off was gonna break his damned neck, and I don't know if his spinal chord could heal like the rest of him. I held up my hand.

"Gimme the damn swimsuit. I'm going to kick his ass!"

Jubilee threw the swimsuit in my direction and cackled. "Yeah - right - that's if his ass doesn't fell you first!"

I shook my head and rolled my eyes again, gathering up the parts of the practical body-sheath and ducking into the bathroom. After I finally got the damned thing on, I wanted to die. I looked stupid.

"How does it look?"

I whimpered, "Ah look like a damned MIME ARTIST!"

"Let me see!"

"No! I'm takin' this off and-"

"NO! Don't do that!"

"Grrr-"

That's when the doorknob met a rather untimely end in a shower of rainbow-coloured plasma, sparks bursting from the lock. She bound in with a frown of determination, and upon seeing the swimsuit, she skidded to a halt. She gulped.

"It's..."

"HIDEOUS!" I scowled.

"No!" She shook her head, "No no no! I don't think I've ever seen anything on you that-"

"Stupid-"

"Tight!" she bleated, "Tight before. It's good!"

At that she grabbed my hand and began to drag me towards the door. I groaned.

"Nooooo!"

"YES!" She glared at me, "These pants he's wearing have to be seen to be believed!"



Diving Permitted from Boards and Platforms Only!

On marching down there, I wasn't sure what was so amazing that he could wear that would have Jubilee acting like this, I mean - she never really gave him a second glance before. Slamming open the door of the indoor swimming pool hall, the tall gleaming figure, sunkissed, taut, peppered with soft brown body hair that stood ready on the diving tower was clad in - cut off jeans. Not just any cut off jeans of course. I'm talking ones that clung in all the right places, and hung in all the other ones, sitting wet and heavy around his hips so you could clearly see where the muscles that strung up the front of his thighs to his hips. He stepped from one foot to the other, shaking himself loose, rolling his neck muscles, and as he did each inch of him shuddered like a racehorse ready to bolt down the course.

I gulped, putting a hand to my throat.

"Oh dear..."

"Amen, sister."

I could feel my body straining against the all over body suit, wishing it were free of such constrictions. It's the first time a scantily clad Logan had quite this effect on me. Not that I didn't find him attractive, I'd just gotten so used to forcing myself not to think about him like that. I could tell my feelings towards Logan annoyed Jean and Scott, and Logan would get this constipated look on his face when I acted like the other girls that wanted in his pants. I'd hit him when he gave me that look.

For the sake of peace, I acted like the best friend, and it was working all wonderfully well. Until I saw those damned shorts. In those shorts, friends could never happen. In those shorts, curling away from his body from where he bent to touch his toes, the crotch making a meal of his groin - pure uncontrollable desire burned my brain to a crisp and made me as weak as a baby.

"Dear God..." I breathed.

The wet 'slap slap' of Kitty's feet soon joined us, and Kitty grinned, wrapped an arm around me and giving me a dripping squeeze.

"Yay!" she cheered, "You got her to come!"

"So did Logan," smirked Jubes. I glared at the girl.

"Excuse me?!"

Kitty gave a smirk back and whistled. "Well - he sure knows how to pack his lunch-box."

I gasped, complete shock taking me. Obviously the pants were having the same effect on Kitty as they were me. I stomped a foot.

"He's damned indecent! He may as well be up there in a g-string!"

"Now that I'd like to see..." purred Jubilee.

I glared at her again and she patted my shoulder.

"It's okay, sweety, I'm only perving! He's all yours I promise!"

That made me gasp again and I screwed up my face at her in puzzlement, "You think I - weh - him?!"

"Well the rest of you says so..."

She flittered a look to my chest and with great embarrassment I noticed my breasts were standing to attention in more ways than one. OH GOD. I'd have been out of there in a shot but Logan was about to throw himself off the diving board. He wiggled his toes, eyeing the water, and then... he stood up again and rolled his neck. I snorted.

"Damned show off," I growled, "JUMP YOU GREAT LILLY-LIVERED PANSY!"

He straightened, and upon seeing me his frame grew more square and determined. If he were a bull, he'd be sniffing behinds and grinding his hoof into the ground. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and shaking my head. With out much further ado he threw himself from the diving board, body tense, rippling, arcing down in a perfect curve and shooting into the water like a missile. No white-water was flung about in the wake, and it was as if the pool swallowed him whole.

Hell in my state, I would have too.

I strode towards him, anger shaking me, gloved hands fisted as I approached him. He pulled himself out of the pool lazily, obviously not believing in the very convenient pool ladder that most used, preferring the long stretch of dragging himself out of the water. In this way, he let every muscle in his arm clench and ripple. He glanced to me as he climbed up the edge to his feet, no emotion in the hazel orbs.

I growled. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

He frowned, rolling a tongue around in his mouth as he glanced to the diving platform. Meeting my eyes again he said in an almost patronizing tone. "I'm diving, Marie."

I snorted, "No - you're tryin' to get yourself killed!"

He pressed his lips together and shifted on wet feet, rubbing wet hands together.

"You know that it takes a lot to-"

"Ah don't wanna hear it." I narrowed my eyes at him, glancing down to his pants again. His - parts - were firmly encased in wet denim, that clung, not making an effort to hide anything of the shape of what lay underneath. Fire raged in my cheeks and my heart rate increased tenfold, humiliation complete by the fact that he probably could hear that too.

That's when I noticed - the button of the fly was undone, and the pants were peeling open at the top. His stomach hair trailed down, dark and heavy with water, and I had no idea where the stomach hair ended and the pubic hair began, the damned pants were so low. I yanked my eyes up to him, lips pursed. He just tipped his head at me.

"D'you come in here to do an impression of 'One-Eye's Greatest Hits' or are you gonna swim?"

I lifted my nose indignantly. "I came to swim."

I nodded, "Fine. I'm going to dive."

At that, he turned, stalking off towards the ladders up the platforms. I half expected him to climb up that too. I whimpered quietly to myself, forgetting about his hearing. He just glanced back and probably for the first time I remember, he smirked - flirtateously.

The blue glistening water of the pool beckoned me, and I didn't disappoint it. I plunged into the turquoise depths, and upon doing so, caught Logan shooting beneath the surface too. That's when it happened.

That damned zip. That damned zip cost me my sanity, and very nearly my God-damned life. He shot down under the surface like a bullet, and with grace akin to a water-bird, he reached the bottom of the pool. At that, the well muscled machine that was Logan curled up, his feet made purchase of the bottom of the pool, and with a powerful kick he sent himself soaring back up to the surface. If he'd faced the other way, I'd never have noticed. But he wasn't faced the other way, he was faced towards me, and the drag of the water as he plunged down underneath it's surface had obviously pulled that fly down a little further, and as he sent himself shooting back to the surface, it flopped out.

Yes. It. The big it. The obviously big it - the it that I never knew was that big, only speculated upon. His monkey, his - in the words of Warren's bizarre british lingo - Old man, and in Cameron's - his meat and two veg. All of it flopped out - and continued to do so as he kicked to the surface.

I was so shocked, so absolutely dumbfounded and turned on with all the subtlety of a lightening strike, I gasped. Of course, being the turned on dick-obsessed female that I was, I conveniently forgot I was still under the water. I promptly choked myself, struggling for a foothold on anything, kicking madly to the surface as water streamed into my lungs. At that, I blacked out.



Wait 20 Minutes After Eating Before Going Back In the Water

When I finally came to, Logan was over the top of me, thankfully zipped and buttoned up, his hands absurdly clad in my tiny gloves. The fingers waggled off the end, but he was only using the edge of his palms to open my mouth and force air into my lungs. Logan air. Never had I been closer to heaven.

He looked utterly terrified, and when I coughed and spluttered and brought up water with a sick rush of my chest, he gripped my shoulders painfully.

"Christ, Kid, what're you playin' at?!"

I glared at him, still hacking and coughing.

"ME?! Jesus Logan - does this place look like a skinny dippin' facility?"

He looked confused. "Huh?"

"Those PANTS!" I shouted. Logan cocked a brow, and Kitty and Jubilee just leered.

"I didn't think you saw that-"

"WHY d'you think I half drowned?!"

The words 'half drowned' struck terror in his features once more and he hugged me.

"You damn well scared me, kid!"

Before, a hug from Logan would have been a nice warm fuzzy thing. But that was BP. Before Penis. Cause now, as he held me in his arms and squeezed tight, every inch of my skin burned, my heart felt lumpy and one thought haunted me.

I knew exactly what his willy looked like. After a moment he pulled back, frowning at me.

"You okay? You think you can stand?"

I growled, "Ah'm fine! Go back to your damned divin'."

He cleared his throat. "No - that's okay... I'll um - I'll see you soon."

Oh dear, I thought, that sounded a little too promising. I'd never seen Logan disappear so fast, and with him all wet and exposed I kinda wished he hadn't. And then I remembered the image of his big-boy and red splashed my face again. Kitty giggled suddenly, clutching my arm tightly.

"Man! Talk about TIMING!"

"Hell yeah!" gasped Jubilee, "You came just in time!!"

My voice was still gravelly from all the hacking, and touching my throat as I swallowed I winced to them.

"Didya see anything?"

Kitty sighed, "Did we what! He was half out of the damned water before he realised what happened!"

I couldn't believe that girl, and I took up my wet gloves, sliding them onto my hands. They were shaking. I was shaking. Jubilee was shaking her head.

"Well, never let it be said that Logan isn't talented..."

"Or well hung."

"Oh GOD!" I buried my face in my hands, "I'm going back to my room."

"No!" gasped Jubilee, "Remy's gonna be swimming after he comes back from the workshop!"

I glared at Jubs pointedly. "Ah. am. going. back. to. my. room."

She whimpered, throwing her arms about melodramaticly. "Fine! Run away!"

Kitty shook hear head, "You gotta admit - Logan will be hard to beat."

Jubilee smirked at Kitty, "Beating him would be lots of fun."

I got the hell out of there - the hormones were overwhelming, and it was the last thing I needed. I plodded damply back to my room, my hair hanging in chlorine abused strings, curling up and dripping all over me. My body, totally covered in black, sheened like wet seal fur. Perhaps I didn't look so stupid after all.

I threw open the door to my room, and immediately the smell of warm apple pie hit me. I glanced around the room, at at my study table, Logan was cutting up pie. It was a surreal moment - Logan, now fully dressed, with neatly combed but still wet hair - was in my bedroom cutting up pie. He jumped when I flung the door open, and he must have been really concentrating or thinking or something not to hear me coming. I dropped my towel.

"Logan - what the fuck are you doing?!"

He blinked at me as I swore and looked down. "I know - pie's stupid, but I thought you needed something warm and this was all they had.... five minute stuff. You probably had much better in Meridian."

I don't think I ever heard the man talk so much in his life.

"Huh?!"

He cleared his throat, scratching behind his ear with a nervous looking hand.

"Um - it's - it's a 'Sorry I drowned You' pie."

My eyes fell to the pie, and I couldn't quite believe what was happening. He felt guilty?! I gave a soft gasping laugh, shaking my head as I threw my towel into my hamper.

"Logan... you didn't have to do that."

He shrugged, "If I hadn't been so eager to show off then-"

"You were just diving and having fun," I said, plodding over to him, "I shouldn't have been staring anyway."

That's when he cocked his head a little, giving me this cute sidewards stare.

"You were staring?"

After yanking off a glove as I approached a plate with a piece of pie, I picked off a bit of sugary crust. Not that I felt hungry. I was trying to do anything to stop thinking of his penis, and all the fun I could have with it. I blushed.

"It was kinda hard not to."

Logan and I, in all the time we'd been the best of friends (that would add up to a year), did not have moments like this. We had 'almost' moments like this, where it could have been an either way thing, but we did not have solid no-mistake moments like the one we had at this moment. There was no mistaking it - we were having our first moment of without-a-doubt, pant-wetting sexual tension. He was still looking at me side on, and that little smile was still on his face. It made me smile - a bright cheek-squeezing one that had me shrugging gawkily. He grabbed the wrist of my hand that had the pie crust and shook it with a frown.

"Not till you get changed and cleaned up."

I cocked a brow, and opening my mouth I plopped the apple-pie crust in my mouth like a bad food-commercial actress. He gulped.

I went into that bathroom, getting rid of all the chlorine from my body, every inch of me shaking. Not only was the image of his - constantly on my mind, but he was getting friendly with me. Different friendly. I was going to have a fucking heart attack. Well I was.

When I stepped out in my fluffy bathrobe, he was sitting on the bed, stuffing his face with apple pie. He pointed at a paper plate offering a bounty of a slice of pie, and that flirtiness had gone. Gruffness was once more in his composure, and I took up the pie with a still shaking hand. This little visit of his was hell, and I don't think he knew it. I spent the whole time battling mental pictures I never imagined being stuck with, and fighting the urge to leap on top of him and rip off his clothes.

This was just - very hard to deal with. Logan noticed I think, cause whilst he rolled apple pie between his teeth he cocked an inquisitive brow at me.

"You okay, Kid?"

I blinked up at him, nodding absently. "Yeah - yes - fine - just fine."

Not. Logan Penis Theatre was replaying in my mind and I could barely keep myself from wetting my pants.

"Oh..."

I thought that was going to be it. I really did. But as we ate in silence for some time longer, he cocked that damn brow again.

"You sure?"

I nodded again, feverishly this time. "Yes. I just swallowed a bit too much water - fer God's sake I'm fine!"

My outburst made him widen his eyes a little, and damn if he weren't such a big scary bastard I'd swear he cringed and shrank back. Woah - temper. Damned it all - where did that come from? I stabbed at a bit of apple pie.

"Right," he nodded, cutting into the pie with the fork, "I'll remember not to ask you how you are after I save your life the next time."

I glared at Logan, and I thrust up the fork to point at him angrily, punctuating my pissed off words with a stab of the fork in the air, weighted by the apple pie portion.

"Now just you wait one damned minute-"

That's when the apple pie portion came flying of and hit Logan in the eye. He stood there, stock still, not blinking, just sitting there. I stepped back, covering my mouth with quivering fingers, trying to stop the shaking of my lungs as I swallowed giggles.

"Oh Logan..."

Dark silence.

"Logan Ah'm so sorry!"

With a deft swipe of his fingers, the apple pie came off, and he tilted his head at me before looking around for a tissue. He eyed me again then grabbed at the frilly tissue box on my bedside table and began to clean himself up. Tentatively, I sat down on the bed next to him, and grabbing a tissue I dabbed at his face. He gave a soft chuckle.

"Marie - I don't need help, it's okay..."

I frowned, "My fault."

He shook his head, hand wrapping around my wrist and pulling it down, those eyes meeting mine in a warm look of affection. Mark two in 'sexually charged moments between Logan and Rogue'. Oy vey. He took up the paper plates he brought, giving me that damned sultry look again that had my knees wobbling.

"I'm - going to take these pies back if you're so okay now..."

A part of me inside whimpered and threw itself to the ground, wailing that it was suddenly very sick and needed lots of love and attention. I gulped, my frame sinking.

"Well, I did nearly die and all..."

I tilted my head and pouted at him, and it brought up a warm wide smile on his face that made me all hot and fuzzy in my belly. Snatching the end of my robe belt he nudged at my chin with it and winked.

"Then get some sleep. Seeya round Marie."

With that, and picking up the rest of the pie, he loped from the room in that easy gait of his that I revelled in watching. This was day one of a period of time in a life that got suddenly a little more complicated.



Inches talk, Bullshit walks

The next day, word was all over of Logan's little 'mishap'. Not only word - some of the most creative nick-names I've ever heard in my life, surprisingly from most of the girl members of the school. Though Cameron, ever the one to come through with the bizarre terminology, said a few that had me blushing, just for the purpose of that. He had an endlessly good time making girls blush and make a scene, but I learnt that with him being Australian, that was a given. It was like a national sport over there or something. Breakfast was the worst I think, sitting around a table with Cameron, Remy, Johnny, Jubilee, Kitty, and myself and listening to them prattle on about it, basically making a huge joke out of something that had nearly cost me my life.

"I do not get it," Remy said, fingering scattered cards on the table in a half-hearted game of solitaire, cigarette dangling from his bottom lip, "I go to de pool, swim in damned speedos, and Logan go in shitty shorts and steals de show. Life be cruel to Remy non?"

Jubilee sniggered, "Babe, if you have anything compared to what we saw between Logan's legs dude - we're gettin' in line."

Remy tilted his head with a lopsided grin, "You wanna find out? All you gotta do is ask chere..."

"Oh man," groaned Johnny, "Remy that was bad, even for you."

Jubilee was blushing, and Remy shrugged, "Well it worked mon ami!"

"No you just made a dick of yourself," I drawled darkly, but Remy just sniggered, nudging Cameron and smirking at him.

"Remy not de only one eh?!"

I rolled my eyes, Johnny following suit.

"I just," Jubilee shook her head, "I can't get over how... I mean... it was..."

"Huge," sighed Kitty wistfully.

"Yeah!" Jubilee nodded.

"Size ain't everything," Johnny said, but this elicited and girlish giggle from Jubilee, who nudged Kitty conspiratorially.

"Catch-cry of small-peckered men everywhere!"

Remy snorted, "I's dese moments you can tell you're talkin' to a table of virgin's..."

"Oooooooh!" Cameron hissed and shook his head, "Low blow mate."

Jubilee was narrowing her eyes at Remy. "You think I don't know what I like?"

"I think you don' have de experience ta know what you like."

"Man," Cameron shook his blonde shaggy head again, "You're diggin' yourself deeper, ya know that? There are just some things you don't rib a chick about."

Remy largely ignored the wiser boy, meeting Jubilee's glinting eyes. The small far away voice of Kitty suddenly piped up.

"He's cut. You'd think that'd grow back huh?"

The serious look on Jubilee's face broke, and a small spray of milk from her cereal spurt from her pursed lips. She clutched her chest, coughing hard, choking on the remaining cereal in her mouth. With a awfully loud snigger she threw a look to Kitty.

"Little fireman lost his helmet eh?!"

The two girls fell helplessly into giggles and I burned up. I really didn't need a reminder of what happened yesterday. A clapping next to me made me look up from my largely untouched toast.

"Ooh ooh!" Jubilee pointed to me, "She saw it in action underwater!! Like - she's Jaques Cousteau studying the underwater trouser snake! BAHAHAHA!"

Kitty giggled, and muttered in a low french accented voice, "It's saaht so dee-dlee zat it iz des to zee it!"

Remy just frowned at her. "Dat was a terrible accent, Kitty-Cat."

Johnny was looking a little put off his breakfast by the whole discussion, but with the roll that Kitty and Jubilee were on, I didn't see it stopping any time soon. Remy was rubbing his bottom lip with a strangely gloved hand, looking at his cards and laying in wait to make his impact, and Cameron was watching the scene with a smirk of much impress. Jubilee sniggered suddenly, nudging Kitty some more.

"Ye'd kinda hope that the underwater trouser snake doesn't like to mate with it's own kind huh?!"

As that fell from Jubes' mouth, the cigarette already dangling from Remy's lip jumped from the pink round of flesh as the shocked man spluttered.

"Mon cher- Agh- Ow! Merde!"

The man leapt to his feet, fluffing his trenchcoat and pants franticly. Jubilee started clapping in a lively beat.

"Dance Froggy DANCE!"

Kitty smiled long, looking off in the distance with a not so innocent look.

"I think the underwater trouser snake likes to inhabit small wet nooks and crannies."

Jubilee howled, slapping Kitty on the back roughly. "OH GOD! Oh GOD you're KILLING ME GIRL!!"

Remy had resumed his seat, butting out his cigarette and pulling out another one to light. He shook his head long.

"All dese obscene references to dat man's equipment is makin' me a little ill, non?"

"Oui!" giggled Kitty.

I'd gone pretty silent. I was sitting there, frozen, my hands still, my breakfast cold in front of me. This was - this was too much. Every time another Logan penis crack fell from their lips, I buried my head in my hands and blushed redder. I must have been making tomatoes jealous. Of course, Kitty wasn't finished, and I idly wondered if anyone had slipped anything into her cereal that morning. Obviously the growing hormones and exposed bodies brought on by summer were getting to the girl.

"I wonder how much bigger it gets... you know..."

Jubilee grinned dreamily, "Oh man... that's a mental picture and a half!"

I couldn't help it - I whimpered. Jubilee grinned at me, and then poked me in the ribs.

"I went to return those silver hair clips you leant me - you know your room stinks of apple pie?"

I blushed, hiding my face a little. "I was hungry."

Kitty frowned, "So you brought an apple pie all the way to your room?"

Before I could come up with some creative excuse, Cameron looked up from his meal and cocked a brow.

"Yeah - wasn't Logan cooking that in the oven? That was the funniest damned thing I ever saw, man!"

Oh God - I wanted to die. The very thought of Logan struggling over apple pie had me dying of a strange cocktail of embarrassment for him and a realisation of what he'd gone through to get that pie to me. Jubes had gasped, glaring at Cameron.

"Seriously?!"

"Fuckin' oath," Cameron said with a wide grin, "The poor bastard burnt himself on the grating in the oven and was swearin' like a bloody trooper!"

"I can't believe the guy baked for you," Jubilee said, shaking her head, "Man... that's love."

My hand went up again, hiding my face and I pouted, looking away. "Jubes...."

"Rogue... men, kitchens - the two rarely unite without it being either a responsibility or a sign of affection!"

I blushed, "It was just a 'Sorry I Drowned You' pie."

Kitty eeped. "He made a 'Sorry I Drowned You' pie!?"

Cameron gave a low whistle, "Dunno 'bout you, Jonno, but it sounds like love to me."

Johnny nodded sagely, Kitty lifting a finger with a look of sudden inspiration.

"In times of great duress the underwater trouser snake resorts to hiding in it's favourite wet small nook, and if it is blocked access it has been known to bribe it's way in..."

Jubilee fell off her chair, and her laughter echoed off the high wood ceilings. Oh God.



The Mating Dance of the Underwater Trouser Snake

I'll admit it, I was avoiding him. Every time I looked at him I saw the scene over again and it was making what was a previously sickeningly close friendship unbearable. What was worse, we never made an effort to hide our closeness previously, so our sudden lack of companionship was also raising a few eyebrows - and apparently alarming the hell out of poor Logan. The Danger Room was occupied more often than not, and one could bet fair money on who was in there unleashing adamantium death to whatever poor animatronic beast should come his way.

I never really noticed just how chummy Logan and I were before this moment. I mean, him ruffling my hair on the way to his usual seat with the older X-Men, our sharing lunch together, his possessiveness regarding my martial arts training (That's a whole kettle of fish I don't ever wanna get into let me tell you that for free), the usual growling matches between him and any male suitor daring enough to wanna take me out some place (so far only Remy attempted to escape the wrath of Logan, and that didn't last long) and then the ridiculous pout he'd get on his mug if I didn't pop by his room after classes and hang out with him and stuff. He'd taken upon himself to look after me, and always I figured it was a paternal or fraternal thing. One flash of his wing-wang and suddenly it's all changed, and I had absolutely no idea why. It all coincided with the birth of our sexually charged moments which were getting very strenuous indeed.

Sexually charged moment number three took the shape of lunch time. It was ritual - Logan would be waiting for me at 'our' table near the window, and I'd go over, sit down with a bright smile and join him like it was the most natural and wonderful thing in the world to be sharing time with this man. Right now, that whole concept was sadly missing in my mind. All I could think of was how the chest I'd accidentally catch sight of ran down so brown and deliciously to his stomach, a run of dark brown hair dipping down from the belly-button and then - there it was. In my head again, quicker than you could say 'Jubilee and jelly-fries'.

So I resolved to sit with my friends for a change. It was no crime - people sit with their friends all the time. I didn't belong to Logan, I could sit where I liked. Ohhh boy was I wrong.

He loped into the room, and with a start (which was a slight all over body tick for Logan that made a brow climb up his forehead) he saw our table very empty. I looked away, digging into the fries and salad I had on my plate, sinking down and doing my best to hide behind Jubilee. Jubilee, being the grand dame that she was, jabbed me hard in the ribs. I let out an almighty yelp of pain.

Logan stopped, placing down his tray of food, and glared at me and oh God, I could have died. I thought he was going to come over and chew me out, but he didn't. He sat down, alone, eating his salad stuffed burger and fries and looking so damned desolate and lonely, I wanted to hit myself. I never felt like a bigger bitch in all my life.

"Dude," Jubilee hissed, "Are you insane? Why aren't you over there?! You ALWAYS have lunch with Logan!"

"Yeah," Kitty snorted, "It's like the cheerleader always has lunch with the quarterback."

I scowled, "A! I am no fucking cheerleader. B! Logan is no quarterback-"

"C!" piped up Kitty, "You wear his dog-tags as if they were his lettermen jacket!"

"D!" I cried back, "Why do I always have to have lunch with Logan? I want to do something different for a change!"

"Cause," Jubes said, blinking slowly at me as if I were mentally slow, "You and Logan - are - like - this!" She crossed her fingers, the two well manicured digits wrapping themselves around each other, "Ergo - you eat lunch with him."

Kitty pouted, tilting her head, her voice a soft swoon.

"He looks so sad..."

Jubilee nodded. "Tell me about it - it's pathetic."

"Naw," Kitty said, "It's like - poor Wolvie needs a big squishy hug..."

I whimpered. I really really DID want to go over there, give poor 'Wolvie' a big squishy hug, but I also knew that part of me would start imagining me, in graphic detail, straddling his lap and freeing the underwater trouser snake - and that was something I just couldn't deal with right now. I made the mistake of turning my head to catch a glimpse of him, just in time to see him glancing back in my direction. The confusion in those eyes was enough to break my heart. I threw my head back, groaning helplessly, gripping the edges of my lunch tray. Jubilee leaned in, chanting softly in my ear.

"Go on, Sit with the Wolvie! You know you want to!"

"Sit with the Wolvie!" grinned Kitty.

With a defeated moan I stood, my chair clattering behind me. It wasn't my imagination. As I walked over to that damned table, the eyes of the room where upon me, watching for respective reactions of Logan and I. Well, I gave an short smile as I sat down, discomfort probably exuding from me (among other things). Logan, in a complete show of unpredictability, growled at me. I felt like I'd gone to help a sick dog and gotten a nip for my efforts.

"Really, Rogue," he said, "Do I look like a fucking charity case?"

I rolled my eyes, biting into a hot french fry prissily, "I was just sayin' hi to the girls..."

He tilted his head, "You looked pretty comfortable to me."

Then I gave a slow blink. "Do you have a problem with me spending my free time as I see fit, Logan?"

"No," he shook his head, "I have a problem with something about me troubling you and you not telling me nothin' about it."

I'd not given Logan enough credit regarding his talents of insight, that was for sure. I shrugged lightly.

"You're not troubling me," I said. "It's all cool."

He nodded, "Fine."

At that he picked up his burger and took a bite. Now, people consuming food was never a real turn on for me, seriously. Body parts just did me fine, BP and BL - Before Logan. The way his mouth opened, and the corner of his lip ticked up to reveal that perfect line of teeth - oh God it was too much for me to take. My fork slipped from my fingers as I stared, clattering on the plate and making me jump. I snatched it up, digging into my food hurriedly and holding my face in my hand.

"S'there a problem, Kid?"

Oh of all the times to call me that, I thought with a burning embarrassment. This was worse than developing an out of control crush on a teacher. Much much worse. I shook my head thoroughly. I could still feel his eyes on me as I pecked at my lunch, and torturously he'd finished off the burger, wiping his lips with his fingers and beginning to pop fries in his mouth as he looked out the window with those glassy hazel eyes of his. Every now and again he'd drag them back to me, watching me eat silently. We were just - staring at each other. We'd never done that before, and now he just did it, watching me squirm under his heavy gaze, probably knowing how damn crazy my body was getting. Damn body that was betraying my control. He took a long breath in, nostrils flaring, and I burned even more knowing he could probably smell every blessed inch of me. I gulped.

"Logan?"

"Hmm?"

I took a shuddering breath, "Nothing personal, but I really gotta go now."

I thought he'd get offended again but he just smirked, nodding.

"Study an' that sort of thing," I nodded back at him.

With very little grace ended sexually charged moment number three, and I struggled to my feet, striding my way out of there on unsteady feet. I noticed with idle curiosity that I was taking an awful lot of showers lately. Summer weather, had to be the summer weather.



The Lamp

I'm not one to spin tall tales, so in true Marie Gordon fashion, I went right to my room to study instead of hanging out in the recreation room. Being slightly burned up and frustrated (Oh GOD that massage setting on the shower was going to get well acquainted with me tonight), I couldn't stop shaking. I marched over to my desk, and sitting down I thumped the lamp. It was one of those touch lamp thingies, and it wasn't doing the touch thingy. I touched it again, and again, and it wasn't happening. I groaned. It wouldn't turn on.

Perfect.

Damned crap... perfect. The really beautiful and perfectly ANNOYING thing about this whole situation was - the repair man of our little estate was ... Logan.

I plodded out into the hallway, swearing like a touret's patient, towards the Danger Room where I knew he'd be. I knew he'd be there cause he was not happy, and an unhappy Logan led to Danger Room usage. Whatever the case, life would not let me get away from this man long enough for the memory of his member to fade, as magnificent and proud as it was. I clamped my eyes shut - there I went again.

I wondered if he knew exactly why I was so uncomfortable around him lately. I mean, to me it was perfectly obvious, even though I didn't want it to be. I wanted things to be peachy, and nicely ambiguous like they'd always been. They weren't though, and Logan was hurting. Clueless, granted, and hurting. Sighed, running my hands through my hair. Okay - maybe this lamp thing was for the best. God seemed content in humiliating this week anyways.

I was right on the mark, which is really disturbing for me I'll admit. He was in the Danger Room. I swore to myself, knowing I'd hurt him far more than I'd realised at lunch. Gathering my courage, I strode into the danger room, regardless of the perils inside.

Which was a really stupid thing to do cause I came far too close to being floored by a blade wielding death-seeking automaton. A flesh-coloured flash of muscle and sweat swept me up, slamming me to the ground as the adversary above us - the other to the us apparently being a shirtless Logan - brought a katana sweeping down to bring electric death to my saviour. He sliced it effortlessly with his claws and batted it out of the way, growling at the computer to shut down the programme.

I lay there, watching him catch his breath atop of me. His elbows were propped either side of his head, his sweat-beaded face a little too close to mine for comfort. The worst thing, or maybe the best thing, if my mind could make up it's... erm - mind, was that his eyes were closed, and his mouth was hanging open in relief. I don't think he realised how hard it was for a girl who hadn't touched another person in two years not to lean up and take a bite. Especially with him shirtless. Friendship or no - I had that damned chest hair pattern memorized. My next conquest were the bumps on his nipples.

I nearly died when those hazel eyes snapped open, pinning me to the floor with a quiet anger.

"Marie..."

I gulped, brows quirking up. "Yeah?"

"How many times have I told you to wait till I'm finished in here before comin' in?"

I rolled my eyes, but he poked a firm finger into my shoulder.

"You know I have the settings different, you know you're not invulnerab-"

"Oh fer Gawd's sakes Logan!" I wriggled out from underneath him, dusting myself off, "I can defend mahself - I'm on the team aren't I?!"

He shook his head angrily, grabbing a towel of the simulated earth floor and wiping over himself. I took a lip between my teeth, glancing away. Oh Lord this was killing me.

"Whaddaya want anyway?"

I hmmphed, kicking the floor indignantly, "I wanted you to fix my lamp."

He glanced to me, that delicious torso twisting around some as he cocked a brow at me. "You risked your life for a lamp?"

I rolled my eyes again, "No Logan. I wasn't risking my life, and besides - I figured we could chat and hang out while you fixed it. Ya know - what we usually do?"

He turned around, swaggering towards the door behind me, and as he passed me he leant his head forward, his face hovering a couple of inches in front of mine. "Ya sure? Ya might catch boy bugs."

I snorted at him.

"Immaturity don't become you, sugah."

I was a bad bad girl. When he annoyed me, or when I wanted something from him, I threw in the word 'sugah'. It was somethin' my Ma always used to say, and the effect it had on him was usually spectacular. Today, he turned his head, narrowing his eyes with a lopsided smirk.

"Come on," he rumbled, "Let's check out this broken lamp."

He didn't bother to get changed, just loped down the hallways like he owned the damned place. Which he did in a lot of ways. It's not like Xavier was out to be the resident sex machine, and being happily engaged and moralistic, it wasn't like Cyke was out to win "Bad Boy of the Year" beer slabs. It was killing me. The whole package was killing me. The way the jeans were a little loose around the hips, hanging down below the slight curve of them, the bulge of the muscles above his buttocks that swept down from his back clenching and sinking with each step. Once I was watching Star Trek with my Ma, and Captain Picard was struggling with his own urges, trying not to jump Dr. Crusher's bones. It was an earlier episode - the second one or something, and he made the funniest noise I'd ever heard in my life. It was like a "huh-huh-huh" thing, but Da-yamn, never did I understand what he was going through until now.

His shoulders. I never let myself revel in how incredibly delicious his shoulders were. All these things were bombarding me, because suddenly he wasn't just cuddly best friend Logan - that well constructed immunity I'd built to his awesome sexuality was tumbling down around my ears and damn it felt so good.

He thumped open the door to my room with little ceremony, the patient sitting on my desk on it's side, the shade laying next to it. He glanced to me with a expressive brow, and I gave a meek shrug.

"I wuz checkin' it..."

He sighed, "Next time, don't. You'll electrocute yourself."

I gave a short huff of a laugh, "Sure, and I see your electrician's certificate is nice and mythical."

I received an unappreciative grimace for that one and he pulled out a chair, sitting down at the desk. I was quiet as I watched him fiddle around with the fittings, and he didn't look at me as he spoke.

"I thought you wanted to talk to me."

Pulling up a nearby chair, I sat down next to him, leaning on the desk. "I did."

"Then talk."

I tilted my head at him. Suddenly I had lost the words. "I - I can't."

He looked up at me, wiggling the bulb out, "Why not?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"This has got to do with the pool right?"

I felt a blush crash it's way into my face and I looked away, "I - Uh -"

He nodded, putting the lamp upright and sighing. He pushed the chair back, and with a quiet grunt he crawled under the space of my desk. My eyes devoured the sight of his denim-clad behind sticking out from under my study table. Oh sweet mother of mercy...

That's when the bluish-white spark burst out from under the table, Logan's whole frame jumping and slamming into the underside of the table.

"LOGAN!"

I think I screamed, I can't remember. He was layin' on the floor, far too still, and I dragged him out, my heart in my throat. I slapped his face, legs astride him, my hands thumping him to wake him up. He didn't move. Shit - superhealing powers - did they account for electrocution? I swore to myself, lowering my ear to his chest to hear if his heart was still beating. I don't know WHY my ear - I could have checked his pulse, but I didn't think I could feel it through the gloves. I could so easily have touched him - it was stupid, and in the end it didn't make a slip of a difference, cause at that moment his eyes shot open, a breath rushing into his lungs, and he bolted upright.

Right into me, right into me and he pushed me back, hands clambering mindlessly at the strange warm thing at his chest that was my face. I grabbed him, his shoulders, forgetting I was straddling his his lap, eyes wide with panic.

"Jesus Logan! THAT'S IT!" I panted, tears spilling over my eyes, "No more fucking repairs! None!"

He frowned at me, his chest rising and falling, brushing against mine.

"What - the zap?"

I glared at him, "That WASN'T a zap, that was a fully fledged bolt an - you touched me!"

He frowned still, incomprehension taking his features, "Huh?"

I frowned back, my breaths deep and still panicked, watching the hands that he was propped on.

"Mah face - iwwuz against your chest and you practically grabbed it for a full three seconds and - you touched me!"

"I..."

I nodded. My mind was a complete churning mash of fear and panic and relief and disbelief and love and damn it all I'd been so afraid for him! He lifted a hand, peering at like it was a strange alien thing. Glancing between me, and it, he brought it forward. I swallowed nervously, shaking my head.

"Don't Logan," I breathed franticly, his hand edging closer to my face, "It might be temporary! It might be-"

My eyes fell shut as the shaking fingertips touched warm against my skin. The gasp that fell from me made him recoil. I couldn't help it. Even though it was his fingertips, even though it was the briefest of touches, my cheek burned and a few arteries felt ready to implode. He brought his hand up again, curiosity now in his hazel orbs, and he ran his palm over the curve of my cheek.

"Was this it?" he said in a low rumble. "This why you couldn't talk to me?"

My eyes fell down to meet his, and I was suddenly aware of the lap I was currently straddling. I gulped.

"I..." I clamped my eyes shut, "I uh..."

I wasn't sure quite what happened, why what happened, how what happened, but a dam wall broke, and I'd lost any sense of reality or control that had kept me still. I ripped at my blouse, diving for Logan's lips, tugging at my glove frantically. He writhed underneath me for a moment, grabbing for a hold of anything around him, but the lips under mine weren't protesting or still. They were hungry and curious and needy.

"Mph! Ohmph-Marie-"

"Hmm!" I huffed, shirt flying over my shoulder, "Now, touch now!"

I don't think he had any more fight in him, because his hands slid up my now mostly naked back, face sinking into the nape of my neck and lips running and suckling and taking up every inch of skin they could manage. He pulled me up as he staggered to his feet, and I clung to him, legs locked around his firm behind and my arms linked above his neck, his lips nibbling at the curve of my collar-bone as he eyed the door. He stepped shakily to the door, locking it, and with a growl of what I could only interpret as triumph, we sank to the bed in a knot of limbs. Suddenly I was underneath him, his hands roaming me, tugging at my jeans as his lips floated over the seam of the cup of my bra, tickling the flesh there.

I kicked off my pants, glorying in the sensation of shifting muscle under the handfuls of skin that I held, oh and it was touch! Oh TOUCH! Every time the thought burst through me I clung to him tightly, kissing a little hungrier, writhing against him with glee. I felt a steady firmness between my legs, and a burning realisation fell through me. He was - and oh God... the throbbing there against the thin silk of my panties - his pants were off that was so quick - it was driving me crazy. He was grinding against me in a pair of little muted green cotton jockies that - oh there was nothing like the feeling of firm penis behind the thin veil of knitted cotton.

I grabbed the hem of the jocks and yanked firmly, and the rip of the seams snapped in the air. His breathing became very ragged and he gripped a hip.

"Marie..."

It was warning growl and I gave an impatient huff.

"I wanna feel all of you!" I whimpered, letting my lips leave butterfly touches over his. With a grin he took a forceful mouthful of my lips, nipping and suckling and exploring. The wet wrestle and slide brought the rest of my senses alive. I revelled in the sensation of my fingertips digging through his sideburns, into his hair, pressing him against me, heels against his thigh and bottom, digging into him when he slowed.

I let my hands slide down to the thickly muscled curve above his hips, the slide of silky skin dreamy under my hands, the fingertips running down underneath the dangling hem of his jocks and up the curve of his behind. There was an overwhelming sense of triumph within me as I grabbed a hold of his behind, pulling him up against me. He was real firm, real real firm, and I could feel that he was slowly shifting free of the shred of green material that was previously his underwear. With another savage yank the pants were off and over my shoulder, my hand grabbing for him.

"Woah! Woah - Carefuh-"

He didn't really have a lot time to finish that thought. I slid down, using a couple of defense techniques to flip him over underneath me and my hands were shaking with anticipation as they sought out the member that had been the source of all my days of embarrassment, increased fantasy and agony. Well, it was bigger when it was engorged, and I could feel my mouth salivating at the sight of it. I whimpered.

"Huh-huh-huh-huh!"

He blinked, "What?"

I didn't let him say much else. I ran my fingers over it with wonder, in awe of the feeling of his blood rushing underneath the red silky skin. His voice stopped, his breaths were rasps.

"Mar-"

"Shh!" I frowned.

I bent close to it, running my hands down the course of his abdomen, to the thick hair that trailed down then gathered at the base of the prominent flesh that was only inches from my nose. Out of fancy, as my fingertips danced around his balls and thighs, I nudged his penis with my nose, letting the tip of my tongue flick out. The effect was gratifying beyond belief. He sucked a breath in through his teeth, groaning.

I nuzzled up the shaft further, tongue taking braver and more langourous laps at the flesh. I set my top lip against the tip, dragging it down over the round of hot skin, tongue dipping out and running up the underside to meet it. I breathed hot against it, repeating the gesture, teeth grazing the skin. At every touch he grew a little more tense, teeth bear in a grimace.

"You taste so fucking good," I crooned, flicking out another long lick up his cock, watching him throw his head back with a whimper.

"M-" He gulped, cutting himself off, and with a crease in his brow of concentration, he looked over his chest at me, "You shouldn't swear baby..."

I let out a laughing moan, one of arousal.

"Nnng," I moaned around an exploring tongue, "I like it, huhm...mph, Ah like it when ye call me that... say it again..."

"What... baby?"

I nodded, dropping sweet kisses on the tip of his cock as a hand stroked the shaft, well covered with my own saliva.

"Call me baby," I huffed plaintively.

He smiled then, a long lusty smile, "Baby..."

The way he said it made me melt, a low deep rumble, the thin sculpted lips working around the shape of the word. I gave a whimpering gasp, kissing and suckling between breaths and muttering, stroking him faster. My thumb was firm on the underside, the burning heat in my hands striking a tingle on every inch of my flesh.

"Say it..."

He pursed his lips tight, his brow crinkling, "Baby..."

"Annm," I moaned whilst my tongue twirled around him, "Again..."

He pulled in a long breath, "Mar-"

I slapped him on the leg playfully and he writhed.

"Bey-" He shuddered, "Jesus Christ Marie..."

I frowned, only dropping tiny kisses on the end of his cock, "Say it..."

"Okay okay, just," He grunted, "God don't stop..."

Brushing the edges of my lips over the tip in feather-light circles, I whispered. "Saaaay it..."

After another long groan he tilted his hips up, knuckles white as he gripped the sheets of my bed.

"Baby..."

I gave another happy gasp, seizing his end in my mouth and pulling a long dragging suckle along the length. What ensued was an interesting exchange, my muffled gasps and moans of approval and delight punctuated with Logan's own huffs and grunting cries of "Baby" that sometimes sounded like "Bah-" and "Beeh-Baby! Jesus-OW - Baby!"

I wouldn't let him mutter anything but the word 'baby'. It was a new novelty for me, hearing him address me with a term of such endearment. It wasn't the perfunctory 'Kid'. The nicest thing he ever called me previously was my own name, but there was a tenderness in the tones he used whilst muttering it that always had me giddy. I don't think he ever said anyone else's name quite like that.

The bulging veins underneath my stroking hands were pulsing and as I gazed at the splendour that was Logan's erect penis I felt a triumph of sorts that bound through me. I'd finally gotten my hands on this damn thing after it's visage hauntin' me day and night. I swore Heaven-to-Betsy, was gonna enjoy every silky inch of it. Logan seemed pretty set on the idea himself, and the expression of sheer delirium he gave me sent chills over me. His lips were too fine to ignore, and his hair was sticking up in haphazard tufts that set off the planes of his thinly lined brow.

I lifted myself to my knees, eyes locked on his face, and I crawled with a bobbing lilt of my hips to meet him. My hips sank down onto his as I lay down next to him, my fingers travelling up and down his cock in lazy strokes to keep him well at attention, my lips at his cheek. Curling his arm around me, he pulled me to him, the tip of his nose running over mine in a tender nuzzle before his lips consumed mine in a hot sliding caress. His fingertips roamed over my cheek, and he rolled over, his hand sliding over my bottom and the backs of my thighs as he wrapped my legs around his hips. The soft underside of his cock ground against my crotch that was as engorged and sensitive as his bits were. The splash of blissful tingling over my labia bucked my body, my breasts crushing against his chest so close to mine. He suckled me deeper as our bodies rolled together, a hand settled at one of my hips and the other set to cradle at my face.

One more time my mind reminded me of what the hell was going on here and my head began swimming again. I felt like orgasming just at the sight of a damp lurching Logan between my legs, but the combination of his loving whispers and frantic huffs was enough to have me on the very brink.

He cradled my face again, brows tilting up, and the look that was across his face was like that of a pleading child.

"Marie," he breathed, "I need- I need to-"

I cut him off with a deliberate grind of my hips into his, my feet curling around behind him and my ankles locking closed around him, pressing hims down.

"Nooow," I whispered, brushing my lips over his, letting the tip of my tongue drag a wet caress over his top lip. I felt the white rim of teeth as my tongue finished the journey, and the lips around it pressed down and closed over mine.

"Uhmmph, huhm," He mumbled against me, "You'll be okay wit-"

"Oh for God's sakes Logan," I groaned, clenching him between my legs, "I need it now!"

At that plea, his arms slid round me, embracing me tight as his hips rolled above my belly, the length of his cock safely grazing my belly. Then he slowed, a troubled look on his face.

"What?"

"Need a rubber, baby."

Propped on my elbows, I hung my head back, a long groan falling through me. I'd forgotten about that, and the way my body was racing and pounding with excitement I didn't really want him leaving and going on a wild condom chase. I nuzzled his cheek, running my lips over a sideburn.

"Jubes has some," I breathed, "Emergency stash, in the bathroom..."

Leaving me with a searing kiss, he quite literally raced into that bathroom, his magnificent member bobbing rather provocatively as he went. There was echoed swearing lifting from the tiled ensuit, and I could see his bare muscled behind peek from the half closed door, lifting and falling as he thunked in and out of drawers.

"Which one?"

"Third down, left hand-"

"Yeah," he growled, "I can smell the damned latex..."

I rolled my tongue around my mouth, grinning cheekily despite the fact he couldn't see.

"That sounds kinda kinky."

He was silent a moment, then, "You like kinky?"

I laughed, "Get back between my legs you dweeb."

With a low growl of impatience he dove for the bed, lowering his pelvis to mine with a long round thrust. The underside of his cock grazed my stomach again, his tongue darting out over his lips as he looked so very dedicated to keeping in control. I propped myself up on my elbows again, trailing the tip of my tongue up the dip in his neck, over his chin, then around the planes of his lips. Breathing very hotly, I tugged at his lips with mine.

"Logan..."

He grunted back at me.

"Now..."

Propping himself on an elbow he let the free hand cup my breast, the thumb running steady circles over the nipple. I took a sharp breath in as I felt him move, tilting his hips so the press of his cock was at my entrance. I wanted it in me - I wanted him to stop pissin' around and get in there already! I wrapped my legs around his hips and growled quietly, nipping at his ear, and I never saw anything affect him so noticeably. He melted, pressing me down into the bed as he planted his lips down on mine and dipped into me with a long round thrust.

I arced my body with a muffled moan, the rude shock of having something inside of me that I had no control over making me writhe with a strange mesh of confusion and complete adoration. And he hadn't even started the steady thrusting yet. When he did, I felt like I was turning inside out, the shifting of my insides and the hot welling in my bones senting blinding pumps of bliss through my skin. My skin ...

It was tingling all over, catching against Logan's as our sweaty bodies twisted together, and the very thought of him, of skin, of everything - he'd have no problems getting me to orgasm I knew - no no problems at all. His lips were at my neck as he worked into me with controlled rolls of his hips, the rest of him just shifting and embracing me and mumbling things. I wasn't sure of what - my brain wasn't working. I was holding onto him for dear life and rutting for all I was worth, bleating little gasps into the air and showering him with gratitude.

"Oh... owhn.... Log- oh ..."

"Hmm?"

"You're good..."

He didn't pause, just kept kissing and sliding hands up and down over me and thrusting. He nodded as if it were an afterthought. I frowned in wonder.

"Am I?"

He chuckled into my neck, "Very."

"Uhng...hehehe," I arced my back, rocking my hips and dragging my nails up his back, "Oh Goood..."

"Back atcha," he said, shuddering at the skimming caress.

We didn't say much after that - not enough room and my sensations took over any thought before I could speak. It wasn't the place for speaking, just showing, moving, breathing. His lunging had gotten faster and I was grappling his shoulders, listening to him talk into my skin as the climax grew in my chest, in my loins, hell even in my ears.

"Ye bewful..."

"Yeah?"

"Soft," he nodded, and his breaths grew rough. Something broke within him, I could feel the new sheen of sweat on him as his arms, the hardness of his muscles rippling under the smooth stretch of skin. His mumbles slipped to groans, and the mounting crashes of joy dragged the last of my self control from my fingers. Every breath I pulled into my lungs was lined with gorgeous tingling, and all I could do was throw my head back, clutching him desperately.

"Logan! OH... ohhh Logan..."

He growled, mouth opening and grazing teeth on my neck before slipping into a hot wet kiss. He groaned, a long groan that echoed off the walls, rough and throaty.

"Oh more, please God more..."

He whispered to me before dipping into a kiss, "Marie..."

His hand slapped hard on the bed-head behind me, gripping it, the tantalizing arc of his muscular arm curling over my head. I ran my hand down the curve of it, under it, past the bunch of muscle at his underarm and to the nipple that was barely an inch above my own. Huffs broke through as I muttered to him.

"Oh please, huhn... oh soon please soon... groan Logan - groan."

He frowned with concentration and I breathed against his lips.

"God it turns me on - I'm so close - please..."

He let out a breath of a growl, tracing my lips with his, the unescapable friction between my legs maddening me. I could bearly keep still for one moment it was so heady - it was at the verge of pain, and I couldn't articulate. My body clambered madly for release, and with impatience my arms pressed him down on top of me so the whole length of his torso was crushed against mine, chest hair rubbing against me. I practically grabbed his head and drank deep from the wet depths of his mouth, wrestling with his tongue as fervently as he'd wrestled for his life so many times before.

The groans lifting from him now were frantic.

"Ohhhhh," he rumbled, "Je-ohhhh..."

He couldn't speak, and I just plundered his mouth with more steadiness, the play of our lips powering my own arousal. As he concentrated on my neck, I could see the lush curve of his ass rise and fall between my legs, and the blessed pumping motion that it was causing. I ran the back of my ankles and heel over his thighs as he went, and a long moan escaped me - a surprising rush of perfection rose up and smashed over me with what only could be described as merciless brutality.

"HUuuuah!" I reeled, "OH GOD.... oh GOD!"

I had no control - I was tumbling and sliding and I couldn't stop it - never wanted to.

"NOW Logan please - Huhhhh huhhh Oh GOD say my name!"

"Ohhh Marie..."

"Oh YES!" I nodded, gasping, writhing, grabbing, arcing, pounding myself over him and feeling my insides clench his cock without mercy, "You're good, you're good... oh God... Uhngh.... do it again - I can do it again... please Logan PLEASE!"

To my glee he began growling, a long deep growling that rose up slowly as he plunged into me madly, my hands splayed and digging deep into the flesh of his back as he moved, till it slid up to a helpless groan. He opened his mouth over the lilt of the pulse in my throat, tongue pumping over the flesh and the rumble of his growling resonating through me.

"OH!" I nuzzled his hair, so fluffy and brown and sweet - God I loved it, "Yes... I'm - OH GOD!"

I clenched my teeth, squeezing Logan to me with everything as a second orgasm ripped through me.

"Uuuuah! ANNH!!"

I threw my head back in a final release, Logan pressing me to him and pounding with a savage roar of triumph. I moved with him, the brief unity and tandem of release the most blessed thing I'd ever felt. I watched his face, his eyelids fluttering as the burst of heat from him inside of me heralded is own climax, glorying in the look of sheer ecstacy that floated over his features. It was the happiest I'd ever seen him.

I took in a sudden shuddering breath as something akin to an 'aftershock' of an orgasm washed through me, his steady thrusting growing slower as he fell from the little piece of grace he'd been experiencing. I lay back from my propped elbows, flumping onto the bed and letting my eyes trace the sweet rough yet handsome contours of his face. With a wonder I'd never get over, I let my fingertips slip down his brow, over the curve of the cheekbone, down the lips, over the proud round of his chin, into the small dip of a cleft then down his neck. I sighed, tilting my head, afterglow buzzing my every nerve.

I felt my brows dip down as I looked to him with all sincerity.

"I'm glad it was you," I breathed.

His eyes fell open as my words broke him from his reverie, and he brought his head down, kissing me softly. I sighed again, feeling a little empty as he slid out of me after a few final strokes. He was silent as he ran his hand down the length of my torso, taking a hungry long look before sinking down onto the bed next to me, digging out the sheets and draping them over us after he wrapped me in his arms, curling around me from behind. The warm cling of his naked body against mine was such a dreamy sensation, and the warm brush of his lips over my ear had my heart tingling again.

"Sleep. I'll be right back."

I wriggled. I wasn't really too sleepy. I mean, my body was tired, but everything inside of me was still buzzing madly. I pouted, nuzzling him as he tried to crawl out of the bed.

"I can't."

I could hear him sigh patiently. "I'll be right back."

I heard him pad into the bathroom, and I squirmed, enjoying the elysium running through me. He ducked out again, condom gone, and I giggled as he hurried back over to the bed, practically leaping under the covers and laying his body behind me again. The smile on my face died as a thought fell through me.

"Logan..."

"Hmm?"

I frowned. "W- Why did we do this?"

He was silent, and I wasn't so sure whether it was because he was thinking, or shitting himself or - I dunno. He pressed his lips to my shoulder, letting them move against my skin as he spoke.

"Because... we needed to."

Hmmph. That was descriptive. I almost felt like a child when I spoke again.

"Why?"

"Cause-" He shifted, his lips now at my cheek, broad shoulders and chest enclosing my smaller frame, "Cause things changed."

I swallowed, the frown not leaving me. "Do - do ye think for the better?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "Yeah I do."

"Logan..."

"Yeah?"

I looked over my shoulder to meet his gaze, possibly looking rather vulnerable in the process.

"When- when you're really in love with somebody... do you know it?"

A crease formed between his brows as he gazed into me, tilting his head a little.

"Not always."

"Ya never have a choice though," I said, looking away. "Ah figured that one out ages ago. You can't choose who yer in love with. Ye just gotta - enjoy it or hide it."

His fingers trailed over my cheek. "How long ya been hidin' it, Marie?"

I sighed, looking at the muscled arm that was under my neck, running my fingers up it absently.

"Too long."

His lips were on my cheek again, his hand cupping my shoulder and sliding down it tenderly.

"You don't have to anymore," he said.

I rolled onto my back, meeting the intense gaze from those hazel eyes I'd come to depend on. I'd seen that look once before, the conspiratory lean and the little smile as he promised me protection in a gaudy red-leather decorated train. A question tickled my heart, and I couldn't shake it.

"Are you in love with me?"

He gave me a cheeky smile, sliding a knee between mine as he leant down towards my lips.

"You bet," he growled, finishing the sentence with a claiming kiss.

I couldn't help but sigh with relief. I wasn't too sure what would come from this - experience - but I did know that change had slammed itself into my life and made itself very damned comfortable. Logan rolled me over again, snuggling into my back like before, and I was quietly amused by this cuddly affectionate behaviour that seemed almost out of place. Almost, if you didn't know him like I knew him.

Contentment spawned droopy eyelids and dreamy sighs, and his warm body was the best damned sedative I'd ever know. It was odd, falling asleep so early in the afternoon, but after all our rutting, the half-hour nap did us good.



Love is a Many Splendid Thing.

When I woke up, the smell of freshly baked apple pie creeped around my senses and made me feel as warm and as content as a kitty on the doormat. I sat up, feeling a little more well rested and quiet, watching Logan fuss at my desk. He wore his jeans, no shirt, and he had a cardboard box open, cutting the apple pie within. He looked to me with a grin as he saw me rise, and I noticed with some amusement that his eyes were fixed to my bare chest more than my eyes.

"Got you better pie," he said, pointing to the pie before sucking sugar off his thumb. I stretched my neck, looking at the pastry in front of him.

"What kind of apple pie is it this time?"

He shrugged, frowning at it thoughtfully. "Um... 'I'm Really Glad We Had Sex' pie..."

I giggled, leaping out of bed, haphazardly tying the bed-sheet around my hips.

"Sounds good to me."

His eyes kept running over me, and I did a turn as I loped over to him and wrapped my arms around him. Aaah... skin to skin. I'd never get over it.

"Did you get it from that cheesecake shop in the mall?!"

He nodded, "Yeah. Thought it was better than the frozen food version."

I sighed, leaning on his shoulder and kissing it.

"You're such a sweety," I swooned, "I love you." I kissed his shoulder again. He smiled a little, cutting the pie. I let my hands hang around his hips, and a frown took me. "You should go see Jean, get yourself checked out."

He glanced back at me and shrugged, "I'm fine."

Oh great, Mr. I Can't Get Hurt was feeling invulnerable. I nudged him sharply.

"You had a good damned bolt of electricity there, Logan. You need to make sure everything's okay."

When he glanced back at me I saw that stubborn set in his jaw, and his eyes had the echo of fear.

"Logan?"

I saw his hand grip the knife as he cut, and his shoulders tensed underneath my hands. I wondered if something happened while I was asleep, that he had already been to see Jean perhaps? I frowned at him.

"If I go see Jean," he said, "She'll do tests, to figure out what's wrong. Cause something has gotta be wrong for me to suddenly be able to touch you."

He had a point, and he knew it.

"I mean - what if she tries to fix it? What if it's only temporary?"

I pulled him around, pain bubbling within me.

"Would it make a difference?" I said, "If you couldn't touch me anymore?"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Nothing would change, I'd - I'd still - " He pulled me into a tight embrace, stroking my hair tenderly, "I'd hate to have you not being able to touch anyone anymore."

I hugged him tighter, kissing the skin under my lips, and I knew he was scared now.

"I liked this afternoon," he said, "I want that... for always."

I nodded, "So do I."

Pulling me down to the bed, he pulled over a plate with a slice of warm apple pie, and with more ceremony than I thought he'd ever bother with, he held it up to my lips and eyed me meaningfully. I laughed, shaking my head.

"You're such a dork."

He pulled the fork back indignantly and took a bite, "Fine then. No pie for you."

I giggled. "Suddenly it's Logan's Self Congratulatory Sex Pie?"

He looked at me with a mouth full of pie then nodded thoroughly, "Oh yeah."

I grabbed the fork, straddling his lap and taking up the plate of pie, digging into it. I gave an appreciative moan.

"They make the best damned apple pie."

Logan nodded, eyes locked on the uncovered breasts not a few inches from his face. Leaning forward he nuzzled them, running the edges of his lips over the nipples. It was an affectionate gesture, and as his hands clasped my back, holding me to him as he nuzzled me, I ate the warm sweet pie, rolling my head back and enjoying the perfection of the moment. I sighed, the tart pie and the wandering of Logan's lips on my chest being too much goodness for a girl to take.

"Uhn, I'm gonna want more Logan at this rate..."

He chuckled in a breath, "I'm a super-healer baby, I got plenty to give."

I groaned, rolling my head back again, but this time in a fitful groan.

"Logan - we gotta get you checked out sugah."

Happily nuzzled between my breasts he made the most pitiful noise I'd ever heard, closely resembling that of a lonely puppy.

"Oohww," I whimpered back at him, "Logan come on..."

Then the dirty bastard latched onto a nipple and gave a long suckle, which made me buck and moan.

"Oh that ain't fair!"

He just suckled more, thumb skidding around my other nipple.

"My turn today," he rumbled. I giggled.

"After my shower..."

He nodded, "Yeah... showers are fun."

Ah. Obviously he decided he was washing with me, and damned - I wasn't complaining.



The Species Under Scrutiny

Another little thing I learnt that day - Logan is incredibly creative with sponges. Enough said. I had to practically drag the big baby to the med-bay, cause I hadn't let him have 'his turn' with me yet. He scowled like a petulant child, grumbling quietly, promising me all manner of torture. I knew though, deep down, he was terrified. We'd not encountered anyone else since we stole from his room, and deliberately so. He just wanted to get into the infirmary and get it over with.

We walked in calmly, Jean's eyes lingering at where his hand tagged my gloved one tightly, fear in the movements. She smiled in her usual warm lazy manner.

"Hey guys - what's up?"

I thumbed at Logan and pushed him forward. "Doofus got him self electrocuted!"

Jean's face flickered with horror and her jaw dropped.

"God, Logan - sit down - get your shirt off."

I smiled a little at him as he grudgingly complied, Jean pulling out a few regular doctor's instruments, stuffing the ends of her stethoscope into her ears and rushing a hot breath on the cool metal ear before pressing it to Logan's chest. I looked at where it nestled, the ruffling crop of chest hair there, remembering how soft and delicious it felt. I smiled lopsidedly before realising the gravity of the situation.

"How do you feel?" she asked, face drawn in a frown of concentration.

"He feels great," I said under a snigger, and Logan winked at me. I cleared my throat, shaking my head, quietly berating myself for my lack of restraint. "Urm - Logan?"

"I'm fine," he said, lingering a look at me before glancing to Jean. Jean was looking between us, and I could see her brain ticking over. She could feel the difference in the repor, she'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice it immediately. Her eyes settled on Logan again.

"But?"

Logan shrugged, "But nothing."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Logan..."

Jean looked to me and I lifted a hand, yanking off a glove and walking over to him.

"Look..."

Logan's eyes fell shut and he sighed angrily as I laid my hand on his bare shoulder, our skins touching, warm and clinging. Jean narrowed her eyes in fascination. Her own hand lay on Logan's shoulder, unprotected, completely safe.

"How did this-"

"Dunno," Logan grunted, "I just got zapped by that dicky old socket and - now I can touch her."

Jean pulled the stethoscope back, sighing in deep thought, eyes roving over Logan. She shook her head.

"That's odd... Look, I'm going to run a few tests."

Logan immediately groaned, throwing his head back like an impatient child, and Jean pointed at him dourly.

"For your own good, Logan. I just want to make sure everything's working right."

"So do I," I agreed, nodding.

He gave me a long unappreciative scowl and sighed.

"All right, just get it over with quick huh?"

Jean smiled, "It's okay Logan, it won't hurt a bit."



Gift-horse Racing Bets

Logan waiting was not something I think many could handle. He was growly, impatient, and above all - sulky. I sat him down in front of the television whilst Jean processed the results, supplying him with beer and giving him back rubs. One thing that seemed to calm him was me touching him, cause I could still touch and it was a sign that maybe this wouldn't fade. Problems arose when Jubilee strode in, bold as brass as per usual, spotting my bare hands against Logan's neck (God the soft fuzzy hair there felt beautiful) and massaging idly as I watched some advertisement about super-soaking sponges. She squealed and ran over and it was all I could do to leap out of the way before she touched me. She looked between me and Logan, utterly confused.

"Hey dude - you're touching him! You can't touch your best pal!?"

I gulped and shrugged, "No, Ah can't I - I still can't touch people babe it's - it's Logan. He can touch me."

She frowned, pointing at Logan, "Can he touch people?"

"Yeah," Logan nodded with a grunt.

"Riiiight," Jubilee shifted her weight onto her other leg and harumphed, "Bizarre..."

That's all there was to that one, because she shrugged, muttered, "Rules to be you!" and strode off after whatever she was after before running into Logan and I.

I smiled at him, ruffling his hair, and he just scrunched his hands at the lilt of my waist, pulling me close. I watched him for a minute as he shut off the television angrily, trouble broiling in his hazel eyes. Part of me wanted to remind him that I loved him, but I thought that maybe it wouldn't help, that it'd upset him more because it was me that he was so upset about. I didn't get much more of a chance to think about it, because a familiar voice dropped into my head.

//Bring Logan down to the infirmary.//

Jean's mental messages were often more simple and perfunctory than Xavier's, and they had a distinct feminine command to her that made her messages instantly recognisable. Quite simply - they felt like Jean. I looked to Logan, squeezing his hand.

"Sugar..."

He glanced up to me, nodding. "Yeah... I know."

Letting my brows knit, I leant forward, pressing my forehead to his.

"I know it - it might not help but -"

His own brows mirrored mine.

"I love you Logan."

Cradling my jaw a moment, he actually managed a twitch of his mouth that approached a smile.

"Thank you," he breathed tenderly, tilting his head and nudging a kiss to my lips. It was a warm soft feathery touch that made me smile. Always made me feel so delirious.

Anyways. I tried to make the walk to the infirmary as little like a funeral procession as possible, but he just wouldn't cheer, and my Logan was not one for optimism. The world doesn't need to be a cynic, cause Logan is enough cynic for all. We both loped into the infirmary with similar deep-grained pouts of worry, and Jean, glancing up from her tests, just smiled brightly at us.

"Woah... who died?"

Logan didn't look impressed, and he just scowled.

"Jean..." he said, expectantly.

She rolled her eyes, amused at his impatience, and tapped the top of her clipboard.

"Okay. From what I got in these tests, Logan is perfectly healthy, but it seems that the electricity in his body has switched polarizations."

I frowned, obviously looking confused cause she continued.

"In everyone's body, there is a negative ionic charge on the outside, and a positive on the inside. When we move a muscle, they switch. In Logan, it seems his body healed itself by switching polarizations permanently, to be always the other way around. It appears that Marie's abilities of energy draining are useless against this reversed polarization - I don't know why but I'd like to look into it."

Logan frowned, his face still tense. I could tell she hadn't said what he wanted to hear.

"That's nice - will it go away? I mean - fade off after a few days or..."

"No," Jean shook her head, "I'll be real suprised if it does I mean - you don't just change polarizations like that, not unless you go through real trauma. From what I can tell, it's permanent." She looked to me. "Congratulations Rogue - you got a touch-buddy."

I looked to Logan, who's eyes were shut, a long sigh of relief falling through him. He grabbed my hand, planting two firm kisses on my lips before sliding his arms around me tightly, lips against my neck. I think I heard him breath that he loved me, I couldn't tell. I was too busy sighing with similar relief, scruffing my bare hands in his hair and revelling in the knowledge that I could touch him, for some time yet at least.

Jean smiled, it was a knowing look, and meeting her gaze her smile widened - she nodded at me. Without words, I knew what she was saying. This is love, Rogue, and now you have it - isn't it wonderful?

It was. It was the best feeling I'd ever had in my life, and there was no shortage of it. No shortage at all.



The Underwater Trouser Snake Discussed

"So he's big huh?"

I held my hands apart a good eight inches and grinned. Jubilee gave a low impressed whistle.

"No shit!"

I shook my head, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks as I leant to her conspiratorially, "He goes all night! Superhealers rock!"

Jubilee grinned now, "Woohoo!!"

I swung my legs at the bench next to the pool, a good foot away from Jubes but clad in nothing but a small dark green pair of bikinis, slightly metallic with faux snake-skin print. I watched Logan as he climbed the diving tower in that confident swaggery way, his muscles shifting and bulging under that delicious light-brown skin. Once at the top he glanced down at me, and I could feel the eyes rove over my barely dressed body. He was loving every moment of it.

It was known as a little foolish, me runnin' around with so much showin', but Logan insisted that I not wear the seal-skin suit and he took me shopping for the little green bikinis. He likes deep rich green on me - says it makes my skin look nice. He talked to the Professor, and Xavier actually agreed to letting me out like this, as long as I was careful.

Everyone knows about this little strange thing with Logan and me bein' able to touch, and I know that plenty of the guys were swearin' at what a lucky Goddamned suvva-bitch Logan was for his newest of abilities. I played the whole thing down, but of course it was like a dream come true for me.

What was more important than this skin thing, was that damn it - he loved me. He really did. It was heaven.

"Is he a grunter, a moaner, or a groaner?"

I smirked. "Groaner for sure, with a lot of grunting thrown in..."

She sighed, "Wow."

"Yeah."

"So is he as good at sex as he is at diving?"

Watching Logan fall like a powerful bullet into the blue water below, I scrunched my nose, shaking my head.

"No."

Jubilee blinked at me, "No?!"

"No," I said again, shaking my head some more, "He's a hundred times better at sex than he is at diving."

Jubilee sighed again, watching him drag himself out of the pool, dressed only in little denim hip-hugging shorts. "Wow."

"Totally."

She pointed to him, "Did you make him wear those?"

I grinned, "Absolutely."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2410