*Of all the places… That little prick sure knew where to hide. I would have never expected it to stay here. Not with all those ghouls wandering around…* Logan spoke, his voice a silent whisper.
“Where are they now?” She asked, remembering the horde of rotting corpses that had surrounded them when they arrived to town just a day earlier. Logan shrugged his shoulders.
*Here and there. And I had to eat…* Now she spotted the first signs of carnage, his earlier feast. Torn bodies scattered here and there, some of them still moving, crawling towards them on what was left of their hands and knees. Logan growled and kicked away one that had gotten too close and was trying to take a bite out of her ankle.
*We better get moving. I didn’t get all of them. They went to hiding, but your scent will draw them out soon.*

*It’s in there.*
“You have got to be kidding me…” She huffed, staring at the building looming above them. The church of Ravensholm.
“I thought vampires and other undead creatures couldn’t enter to the house of your God,” she said. Logan grimaced.
*I thought so too. Looks like I was wrong…” Logan said, reached for the door handle and bolted back howling in agony, cradling his burned paw against his chest.

“That can’t be good…”
*It’s not. We have to lure it out. I’m not welcome to His house anymore,* Logan practically whined, eyeing his blistered paw menacingly, his lips trembling. She turned her gaze from him, and saw from the corner of her eye how he lost his internal battle, bathing the paw with his tongue and giving it few, careful nips with his front teeth. She let him tend his wound for a while, then turned back to face him.
“How are we going to do it? If it knows its safe in there, how we are going to draw it out?” She asked. Logan tilted his head and scratched his jaw.
*And how the hell do we kill it? I was counting on the traditional, fear of cross and garlic, stake and behead it, then shove a cross down to its throat. Somehow I have a feeling that it won’t work…*
“How it is even possible for it to stay in there?” She was wondering when doors of the church blew open and vampire walked out calmly, as if he was welcoming two old friends of his to his home, wide smile on his face, hands spread out to welcoming gesture.
*Claude!*
“Oh, my Goddess…”

It really was Claude De Santos. Flashing impressive looking fangs with every smirk he threw at her direction. She felt sick.
“Nice to see you. Looking little haggard, there, old friend…” Claude murmured, moving faster than their eyes could follow and struck Logan to the ground, pinning him down by pressing his foot over his throat.
*Nice to see you, too, De Santos…” Logan croaked, clawing the foot, trying to throw vampire off from him. Claude threw his head back and bubbling laughter rose from his chest.
“Looks like your little bitch is about to trade master. Don’t worry. I’ll take real good care of her…” He taunted Logan, throwing Marie a knowing wink.
“I’ll rather die!” She shouted. Claude snorted.
“Don’t be boring. Everybody who say that dies.”

She could hear a crunch when Claude applied pressure on Logan’s throat. Logan was still grappling and squirming, clawing foot that kept him trapped and blocked his airway. He might be the mighty predator, but he needed to breathe. Every passing moment his struggles got weaker. She tried to push Claude away from him, but vampire just laughed, sending her stumbling backwards with a casual flick of his wrist.
“Don’t be so hasty, little wench! I’ll be with you as soon as I get this mutt finished off…”

She landed on her back and hit her head. Jolt made her remember Logan’s guns they had retrieved from the shack. They were still hidden in her boots. Loaded with silver. She didn’t have the slightest idea if it would work, but she pulled guns and sat up, taking aim to Claude who was kneeling, whispering something to Logan who could only snarl weakly, last of air escaping from his lungs. She shot. Both men yelped from surprise. Claude tumbled off from Logan, and he rolled up, backing away from the vampire, wheezing and gasping for air.

Claude turned to look at her, lips drawn to an arrogant grimace.
“You really think this will make difference? Little silver? You can’t be that stupid!”
*It already made. You can’t be that stupid, Claude… Remember when we found that pair that had fallen to a well? Which one we had to finish off? Was it the wolf? Or the vampire? Refresh my memory…* Logan growled, grasping Marie and pushing her behind his back.
*Because the way I remember it, vampire didn’t stand a chance against that hairy mutt.* Again Claude laughed, bitter cold voice echoing from the buildings around them.
“That was then. This is now…” Again he struck, blur of black cloth and bone-white skin. This time Logan was ready, expecting him, and welcomed him with open arms. His hairy paws curled around Claude and his jaws locked around his throat, a perverse imitation of lover’s embrace.

“Wait! Wait! Care to trade?” Claude hissed.
“We do not trade with the likes of you!” Marie shouted. Logan shook Claude like a terrier would shake rat, low growl tearing its way out of his chest.
“I have a cure… Kill me… And you will… Be a filthy animal… For the rest of your life…”