She had fallen exhausted sleep in his arms, his heartbeat echoing calming against her skin that was getting colder every passing moment. She woke up alone; terrified upon noticing she couldn’t hear or feel her own heart anymore. She was dead. And he was gone. Door was open, nearly torn off from rusted hinges. It was dark outside. Night had fallen while she slept and died. Night had fallen, and he had gone after the vampire, leaving her alone.

Or had he simply fled? Had he gotten enough of troubles piling upon them, taking rather the easy way out by abandoning her than fight? Suspicions settled in to her mind, making it hard to think clearly. She was alone and dead. She had no way of knowing would she rise from the dead as human, or vampire. She bolted out of the shack, fear clinging to her heels and whipping her forward. Hunger was there, too. She felt weak, and if the thought of drinking blood had disgusted her earlier, now it made her mouth water. Warmth. Life. Everything she needed.

She ran, first out of fear, simply trying to escape from everything. Soon her intentions changed. Determination settled in, making her slow her pace and take notice of her surroundings. Her steps got more careful, considered, as she started to sense the life bubbling around her. Animals. Life and blood. All she had to do was to reach out and grab it. Feed. Quench the hunger that sat in her.

*Don’t even think about it.* Barked order stilled her hand just as she was lifting a squirrel towards her mouth. Blur of white, black and silver, and squirrel was gone, running up a tree trunk, escaping for its life. She let out a scream and struck blindly, aiming high, throwing Logan off from balance and sending them both stumbling to the ground. She could feel the blood coursing through him, all that life and promise of a full belly teasing her. She fought with all she got, trying to pin him down and lodge her teeth to anywhere. Anything would do. His hands, chest, face and throat, anything to sate the hunger. Didn’t he understand how much it hurt?

“I’m so hungry...“ She whispered. He had her pinned under him, one paw securing her hands above her head, other cradling her face almost gently.
*I know you’re hungry.*
“Then let me go!” She screamed. Logan shook his head.
*We have a job to do. A vampire to hunt down. Or have you forgotten?* He asked. She could smell rot and decay in his breath.
“Where were you?” She asked.
*Ravensholm. Had a hunch.*
“Hunch?”
*Ghouls. They knew where the vampire is.*
“They talk? And they just told you where that bastard is?”
*Had to persuade them. Loosen their jaws a bit, but they talked…*
“You ate? You Goddamned…” Hairy paw landed over her mouth cutting off the rest of her sentence.
*Damned? Definitely. I ate? Yes. Why? I needed something to replace the little banquet you had earlier! Stop it!* He yanked his paw away when she tried to bite him.
“I’m hungry!”

She kneed him hard to where she knew it hurt the most. Logan let out a yelp and his grip from her hands loosened. She managed to flip them over, change their position. Logan was lying under her, squirming and struggling to get free, spewing curses and threats. It was futile attempt. She was desperate, nearly mad from hunger now. She wasted no time, struck fast and bit hard to open a vein from his throat. Logan howled in anger and managed to throw her off from him.
*Try that again and I stake you.*

She knew she should stop. Stop and try to get a hold of herself, of her feelings and what she was doing. But hunger made it impossible. She snorted bitterly at his words.
“With what? If you’re planning to use that, you should know I might just like it…” She purred, pointing at his crotch where very prominent erection jutted. She stepped closer and reached with her hand, but Logan grabbed her wrist.
*You wouldn’t like it very much. There are more pleasant ways to die…* He murmured, taking her hand and placing it over his throbbing cock. Hunger left her. Arrogance and attitude hid behind her back.

It was thick. She couldn’t bring her fingers together. Surface wasn’t warm and smooth as Logan as a man had had. It was scalding hot, and coarse, scraping her palm raw when Logan moved in her grasp, thrusting against her once.
*Still interested?* He hissed when she let go and backed away from him, rubbing her aching palm to her thigh. She shook her head.
*Good. Hungry?* He asked. Again she shook her head. Shock had replaced the earlier hunger, making her stomach constrict.
*Ready to go and stake that bastard that bit you?* He asked. This time she nodded. Logan rewarded her with a smirk that revealed his gleaming fangs.
*Good…*