“What are we going to do tomorrow?” Marie asked. They had been on the road for nearly three weeks. Three weeks worth of narrow escapes from Brother Jeremiah’s clutches and traps, and now they were facing a completely new dilemma.
“I have no idea. I was hoping we would have had this settled before that. Looks like I was wrong…” Logan said with a hollow voice. Next night would be the first night on a row of three of them, during which Logan would have to hand the reigns of his life over to Wolverine. Wolf had been waiting patiently, keeping its promise to stay hidden, and it really didn’t feel right to deny that short period of freedom from it.

“Maybe I could speak to it, explain all this…” Marie pondered.
“Good luck with that. It must be going insane by now already…” Logan muttered.
“It helped me last time,” Marie reminded him about the night she had been driven away from her home.
“It’s hungry and bored. I can already feel it. It’s straining so hard to stay down, poor bastard…” She could see ghostly yellow sparkles swimming in his irises, reflecting moonlight. They were walking beside their horses. Logan’s mount had been reluctant to let him in the saddle. It could most likely sense the wolf.
“If it’s in a cranky mood, let it eat the mule. Though I kind of doubt that will satisfy the hunger…” Logan muttered, glancing her from the corner of his eye.
“What do you mean?” Marie asked puzzled.
“It wants something better. Something easier to digest. We should probably stay the hell away from towns and villages for few days.” Marie shivered.
“I could have lived without that piece of information…”

“So, mister I-have-feral-wolf-in-me, where do we spend the next day?” Marie asked when sun was rising. They had taken the habit of traveling during nights and sleeping off the light hours.
“Under the nearest tree?” Logan proposed, pointing towards the thicket surrounding the path they had chosen.
“Do I have a choice?” Marie asked grimacing.
“Yes. Leave me here and go to the next village. Take a room from the inn. Actually it would probably be best if we did that…” Logan said.
“But what about brother Jeremiah? Is it safe to split up?” Marie asked.
“I have a gut feeling that he’s not too far behind us. Might even catch me tonight. That would actually solve all our problems, as long as Wolverine’s on board with that…”
“But what if he’s closer than you think and sneaks past you while you sleep?” Marie asked. She really wasn’t worried about that. She knew perfectly well that nothing could sneak past Logan or Wolverine for that matter, but she had gotten used to sleeping with him. She wasn’t sure if she would be able to sleep without his presence.
“It’s just this one day. I think you can manage,” Logan murmured, letting go of the reigns of his horse and pulling her closer to him.
“Are you sure?” Marie asked with a trembling voice. She hated feeling this vulnerable and needy, but she couldn’t help herself.
“I’m sure. What’s the worst thing that could happen? Wolverine finding out that brother Jeremiah isn’t fit for dinner?” Logan chuckled, but to her ears it didn’t sound very reassuring.
“Here. Take the money and the mule. I’ll keep my horse with me. Wealthy woman traveling alone with a mule isn’t suspicious, but add one extra horse and they will start asking questions,” Logan said, handing her the reigns of the mule and his purse.
“No. I’ll stay with you. I think it’s safer that way,” Marie decided. She could see relief written all over Logan’s features.

They took care of the horses and the mule, making sure they could graze but not wander too far, and made a bed from moss and soft twigs to sleep in.
“Are you hungry?” Marie asked, taking out some bread and cheese.
“Yes. But we don’t have the kind of food I’m craving…” More and more of the hazel in Logan’s eyes were getting replaced with yellow.
“But you have something that could ease the worst hunger…” He purred, taking the backpack from her and throwing it away.
“Logan?”
“Hush. Come here…” He pulled her against him and kissed her roughly, practically devouring her lips. She could feel his elongated canines scraping her bottom lip ever so lightly, not breaking the skin, but causing shiver run down her spine.

“Logan… Not here, not like this…” She whispered. His hands crept under her shirt, fingers clamping to her nipples.
“Right now. I want you…”
“But… Not here, Logan! What if somebody…”
“Only thing I care about right now is you. Getting in to you.”
“Logan…” Her resolve started to falter when his one hand slid under her pants, fingers delving in to already moist cleft.
“You have too many clothes on,” Logan said, yanking open laces that held her pants up, and cloth pooled around her knees. Next thing to go was her shirt. Soon she was standing completely naked, shivering as much from coldness as from anticipation.

“All mine…” Logan murmured kneeling in front of her and nuzzling her stomach, his tongue darting out and laving the underside of her breasts. Marie let out a breath she hadn’t even realized she had been holding, and let her fingers tangle to his hair, her nails scraping his scalp lightly. Approving growl rumbled from somewhere deep inside of Logan’s chest when she yanked his head backwards and leaned to kiss him.
“It still is you, right?” She asked.
“All me. I won’t share with anybody, least of all with some fucking animal…” Logan assured her, one of his hands kneading her breast while the other slid between her thighs, parting her folds and rubbing the spot she had learned gave pleasure like nothing else. Her knees buckled, and Logan let go of her breast, moving his hand to her backside to offer her support while he continued exploring her. She grasped his shoulders and spread her legs wider to grant him better access.

She was unable to speak. She could only murmur incoherently when first one, then two long fingers entered to her throbbing core. Leather of his jacket bunched under her grasping fingers, and she was sure it would tear soon, but she couldn’t let go.
“Oh, Goddess…” She nearly screamed when yet another finger slid inside of her, spreading her almost painfully wide. Pain quickly subsided when Logan leaned lower and suckled the small pearl at the juncture of her thighs. Sudden tightening in her abdomen was her only warning before fiery bolt of pleasure shot through her whole body, robbing her from her ability to breathe and stand up.

She regained some of her senses when Logan was lowering her to the ground on top of his coat he had shrugged off.
“Do you have any idea how good you taste?” He murmured, licking his fingers clean from her juices. He had done it before, even tasted her lower lips, but it made her blush every time.
“But enough of that…” He smiled, undressing quickly and lowering himself on top of her, spreading her thighs with his knees. She couldn’t help noticing he was already getting bigger in every aspect. His shoulders were wider, bulkier. His palms and fingers were almost big enough to curl completely around her smaller frame, and suddenly she understood why he had taken such long time in preparing her. Prayer to her Goddess left her lips when she felt the impossible girth of him stretching her opening.

It felt almost as if he was taking her for the first time again. She feared that her passage wouldn’t accommodate him, but he pushed in slowly, taking his time and stopping every time when she thought she wouldn’t be able to take it anymore.
“Christ… Just a little more… You’re so tight and hot…” Logan muttered with hoarse voice, his breath and lips tickling her earlobe.
“Wrap your legs around me…” She did as he asked, and was instantly rewarded when that slight change of position allowed him to slide in more easily. Base of his cock sat snuggly against sensitive nub of nerves, making her moan from the contact.
“Open your eyes…” She heard Logan whisper. Her eyelids fluttered open. His gaze captured her, and he started to move in and out of her, ever so slowly, taking care to slide against her sensitive spot.
“I love you, Marie… There’s not much that I can offer since you already have my heart… But I want you as my wife. Will you marry me?” His question was whispered with a trembling voice, barely audible. They were both so close, teetering at the edge. It took her conscious effort to answer, to make her lips obey and form coherent word.
“Yes!” That one word tilted them both over and erased everything else but their sweat-slicked bodies and pounding of their hearts.