Author's Chapter Notes:
Response to a challenge by Valeria
Parking in front of Lenny’s Rogue gathered her bag, cloak, and scarf before slipping out of the jeep and heading for the doors. Stepping inside she sighed as the familiar wash of the bar rolled over her.

“Hey Rogue,” the distinct voice brought a nod of recognition as she moved toward her stool. Tonight there were no fights, in fact Lenny’d put Logan behind the bar again so she would be working with her lover in pretty tight confines.

Sinking onto the stool she smiled softly at the glass of whiskey that seemed to appear before her. Glancing up her soft smile grew until she was grinning at the hazel eyes watching her with expectancy.

Taking a sip of the amber liquid she licked the residue off her lips and met his eyes, a silent promise clear in hers, “Buy you a drink?”


With a rough chuckle that sounded more like a growl, Logan took the glass and down the contents in one swallow before setting the glass down and leaning toward her, “Can I take you home?” he whispered in her ear, his breath hot against her flesh as she nodded slowly.

“Only if you promise to be good,” she replied softly.

“I’m the best at what I do baby,” was the quick retort, “I’m better than good.”

Giggling softly Rogue rose and quickly deposited her things in the back room before rejoining Logan behind the bar, “How’s it been going tonight?”

“Steady,” Logan replied handing over a bottle of beer easily and making change without half thinking of it. “Brenda’s here working the floor. She’ll cover us on a break.”

Nodding her head, Rogue leaned forward slightly to hear the order from an older man who always came in and ordered the same thing. Of course he refused to have her guess at it; instead he gave her the order and smiled a toothless grin at her.

“Bobby’s pissed,” Rogue said their shoulders often brushing. “Hasn’t said two words to me since you picked me up that day.”

“Does it bother you?” Logan asked softly, his gaze serious. He knew she needed her friends, knew she needed to feel normal and he couldn’t provide that for her at times.

“Not really, it’s just that nobody else seems to want to know why.” Rogue replied handing off a couple of drinks to the bar maid. “Like everyone knows something is going on but they don’t want to dig any deeper for fear that they’ll end up in Scott’s office.”

Logan shook his head slightly, “Even when I try to help out I still fuck it up.”

“No,” Rogue shook her head and caught the eye of the senior bar maid. A slight nod and the woman hurried toward the bar, “Come on.”

Hiding a grin at the way Rogue almost drug him into the back room Logan turned to stare at her.

“You didn’t fuck up Logan,” Rogue insisted quickly. “You’ve never fucked up. I wish that people would just ask, ya know? I mean how hard is it to walk up and say *what’s going on?* huh? Why can’t they just stop playing games?”

“Ain’t how things work baby,” Logan replied leaning on the edge of the desk even as Rogue’s expression shifted and she began to smile warmly. Picking up on the increased heart beat, the flush climbing her face, and the growing scent of her arousal Logan growled low in his throat, “Baby that ain’t fair. This is a serious talk.”


“Talk’s cheap,” Rogue muttered moving in so she was standing with his legs between hers. Leaning forward she crawled onto the desk, effectively pinning him in place with her body, “Besides, I’m tired of talkin’ about Bobby and that bunch. They just ain’t figured out that I’ve got a real man and not some little boy who needs to be trained.”

Laughing softly Logan eyed her, “Good to know. How long have we got?”

“Fifteen minutes,” Rogue replied leaning forward, her lips almost touching his as she stared into his eyes, “So you better hurry up - I have expectations darlin’. And you’ve got some heavy duty placating to do.”

With a low growl that seemed to echo within the confines of the office, Logan reached for the scarf around her neck. Pulling the sheer gauze up over her face he held her steady as he closed the distance and licked at her lips before forcing her mouth open with his tongue and sweeping in.

The soft moan she gave only increased his need as his hands raced over her body, curling over her buttocks and pushing down, forcing her tighter against his growing erection. It wouldn’t take fifteen minutes that was for damn sure.

Keeping the sheer fabric between them Logan pushed her blouse off her shoulders, dragging her bra straps down with it as he sought out a nipple. Biting down on it he growled low, even as he pinched her hard enough to make her yelp in pain and arch into his mouth.

“Yesss,” Rogue hissed out in pleasure her head tilted back as she braced her hands on his shoulders. “Oh God yes Logan. Please, uh baby don’t oh my god stop!”

“Not in this lifetime,” Logan whispered roughly in her ear as he pushed her full skirt out of the way and his fingers delved into the warmth between her legs. Moaning at the feel of her wet heat he trailed his fingers over the silk between her thighs and relished each and every moan. Tonight was about torture, about foreplay and he knew what she wanted. She wanted him so hot, so desperate that when they got home he’d lose control. She had no idea just how close he was to losing it, even as he shifted, rubbing against her with almost desperate intent.

“I love you Logan,” Rogue panted as she held his head steady while he teased her throat with little stinging nips. She stifled a shriek when he took her breast in his mouth and suckled even as her hips slammed down into his. Fumbling with his jeans, she pulled his belt loose and undid the snap and zipper. A moment later with the easy twist of her leg she pulled a condom from her boot, tore the wrapper, and rolled it on his length before sliding down on him.

“Oh got that is so good,” Rogue whimpered as she held him still within her. Moving in quick, short little movements she quickly found a rhythm that suited what they both wanted. With each impact she moaned softly even as she felt his fingers digging into her hips before she shattered.

Muffling her scream with his mouth, Logan growled as his own climax washed over him. Shaking as he let his body relax and just soak up the pleasure of his orgasm, Logan nuzzled at Rogue’s throat through her hair, “God I love you. What would I do without you?”


Rogue whimpered at the soft words and nuzzled against him, “Probably spend a lot of time being miserable. I need you Logan, I need you so much.”

Logan nodded and leaned up to kiss her softly, gently, “I need you just as much.”

Smiling softly, lovingly Rogue pressed her forehead against his shoulder unwilling to relinquish her hold on him. Unwilling to share the power she managed to have when she’d claimed a piece of his soul.

“We should get back to work before they think we’ve slipped out on ‘em,” Rogue whispered softly after a few minutes.

Logan smiled as he held her, she was the only thing in this world that he cared about and he’d give her anything and everything he had. “Stay with me Marie,” he whispered softly, firmly. “Please?”

Frowning at his words Rogue shifted raising her head to look in his eyes before smiling softly, “Always Logan, always.”

Taking a minute to fix their disheveled appearance they shared a smile before heading back out onto the floor. The regulars and the other staff would know where they’d disappeared to and wouldn’t say anything about it but the others were another matter.




Muted giggles and the odd thump echoed in the foyer of the apartment complex as Logan carried Rogue up the stairs toward their loft. Stopping at the door he grunted as he fought with the key without moving his mouth from her breast.

Stumbling through the door he smiled at her dazed look. “So how am I doing?”

“Mmm, we’ve still got hours.” Rogue panted arching against him. “And you’re still on duty.”

Chuckling Logan nodded and started for their bedroom. “Woman all this heavy duty making out is gonna wear me out before my time.”

Rogue giggled and wrapped herself tighter around him. This was one department Logan was very, very good at she thought as her boots went flying across the room.

The end.