It was a strange sensation, riding on a motorcycle with her unconcious friend behind her, zipped into her jacket. Of course, Rogue was getting used to strange situations involving herself.

It was still odd, being back in her own head. She hadn't had a lot of time to think about it before, but a bike ride across mostly bare country was the perfect opportunity to make up for lost time.

The nice part about being back in control now was that she was in full control. Carol's last gift before she'd settled into the back of her mind had enabled her to touch if she wanted while still be deadly when she needed to be. It was what she'd sought during the years when she'd been herself at Professor Xavier's school. Now that she'd attained it, what else was there to do?

Rogue mentally reviewed her list of talents and came up sadly short. She could kill with a touch. She could draw minimally well. She could solve just about any personal problem her friends brought to her, but she didn't consider that so much a talent as a blessing, since it had meant that she could avoid those same problems.

Staring ahead at Logan, who was going well above what she knew was the speed limit, Rogue thought about the way he'd stood up for her against Carol. He'd been determined to get Marie back, no matter what. Some part of her, deep inside, compelled her to find out why.

Knowing that she wouldn't be able to get her answers for some time, Rogue settled herself more comfortably on the seat and tried to make her mind blank. The more questions she thought of, the more she confused herself, and there'd been more than enough of that lately, she thought.




Logan growled each time he hit a bump or a pothole in the road. His still-healing ribs weren't taking the beating very well.

For a minute, he considered slowing down, waiting for Rogue to catch up with him. But, as much as he'd wanted her back, he couldn't make himself talk to her at the moment.

The woman behind him wasn't his Marie. She wasn't the girl who'd cuddled against him on that train, who'd needed his comfort and his protection. Although he'd not been able to offer much of that once Magneto had shown up. She definitely also wasn't the girl who'd looked at him so desperately as her life was draining away, tied to the forces of Magneto's machine.

Rogue was someone altogether different, and Logan wasn't sure what to do with her. Deep down, though, he was sure that it'd be fun to find out.