"DAMN IT! Look what you've done!" Logan shouted at the room full of X-Men behind him. He glared out the window after Carol, flying away with his Marie's body.

"What we've done, Logan? Who's the one who frightened her so badly?" Jean asked, her voice cold. Logan could tell from her scent that she wasn't so unemotional, though. She reeked of fear and self-doubt.

"If you had all done your jobs in the first place, Ms. I'm-a-Psychic-I-Can-Help-You, then Carol would never have been able to keep Marie's body! That bitch had no right to stay in there, shoving my Marie to the side! Damn it all to hell and back, Jean, she blames Marie for her death when it was no one's fault! And she'll never let Marie have control again, if someone doesn't do something to fight her from the outside. You all are too busy being pure and shameless to do anything," Logan said hotly, turning to face them. His eyes blazed. "If someone--and of course, there's no need to name any names here, is there?--had bothered to look into her mind, then maybe you could have realized that Carol wasn't only one in there! But, no, you had to stick with your damn ethics. TO HELL WITH ETHICS!"

Logan walked forcefully across the room, shoving Scooter out of his way. He made it to the door before anyone else managed to speak.

"Where are you going, Logan?" Professor Xavier asked.

"I'm going to find that bitch, Chuck. And when I do, no matter what it takes, I'm going to make sure that she isn't in control of Marie's body anymore. Got a problem with that?" Logan asked with a low growl.

Professor Xavier was silent as Logan slammed open the door. Everyone else kept their mouths shut until he was out of the room. Then all hell broke loose.

"How dare he--"

"I can't believe he--"

"Carol couldn't have kept that secret--"

"Someone should have guessed--"

"It'd be great to have Rogue back again."

The last comment brought the silence crashing back down on them own. The speaker, Jubilee, stood up.

"I'm gonna go with him. He's gonna need help convincing that girl to let go, and he won't be able to hurt her to help Rogue. I can," she said simply. With that, she walked out the open door.




Logan found the motorcycle he'd seen Scooter working on and grinned ferally. It was fitting that that asshole could supply his ride once again. He was just throwing his leg over the seat when Jubilee walked into the garage.

"I'm coming," she said.

"No, you're not, kid. There's only room for two on this bike," Logan said gruffly. He appreciated that Jubilee, once she realized that Marie was alive, wanted to help, but this wasn't a job for kids.

"That's okay," Jubilee said. "I've got my own."

She hopped onto a mint-condition Harley that looked like it had been ridden often and cleaned well. She pulled her shades down. "You ready to go?" she asked. Resigned, Logan nodded and gunned the engine.