Author's Chapter Notes:
Whipped Logan is just so much fun to play with. *eg* Thanks to everyone who reviewed, I appreciate it. Makes my muses happy, which makes me happy, etc. etc.
“Logan, pleeeeeeeease!”

Logan tried to ignore her. She had been complaining the whole day and whining for the last 15 minutes and it was starting to grate on his nerves. He had to get out of there, or he’d break. “Are you sure you don’t need anything from the library?”

Marie pouted, crossing her arms in front of her chest. “You hate me, right? You just want me to suffer.”

“No, I don’t. But I could name a couple of reasons why I’m the wrong person to ask.”

It was day five after the accident, and sometime this morning she’d got it in her head that she needed a shower. And she’d asked him to help her with it.

“But I stink. My hair’s all oily.”

“I like your hair just fine that way.” God, he’d got good at lying to her through his teeth. The last five days had been pure torture. Her friends Jubilee and Kitty had taken care of her ‘female needs’ up till now, but he knew there was no way the girls could get her and the heavy cast into the shower accident-free. So of course she’d asked him. Strong, manly him.

She continued pouting and sank lower into her pillow. “You’re a jerk.”

“Darlin’, you have no idea.” He picked up the dirty dish and glass from her nightstand, patting her head. “I’ll be right back.” She stuck her tongue out at him, and he rolled his eyes. “Be good.”

When he returned ten minutes later, the bed was empty. “Marie?”

Something broke in the bathroom, and he yanked open the door. Marie sat on the toilet, her face red with exhaustion. The soap dish had fallen to the floor and shattered into a million pieces. Marie wasn’t looking at him, instead staring straight ahead. Her chin was trembling.

“Shit, Marie, why didn’t you wait for me?”

“You said no.” Now her lower lip trembled.

Shit. Fuck. Crap.

He sighed deeply and stepped over the broken soap dish, crouching in front of her. “Look, I... Don’t think I don’t want you to be nice and clean an’ all. I just...”

“It’s my skin.” Her lip trembled more.

“No! Well, yes.” She swallowed hard, and he wanted to slap himself. “But not like that.” He made her look at him. “Not like that, Marie.”

She stared at him, and then he could practically see the light go on in her head as she blushed a deep scarlet. “Oh my God, I’m such an idiot.”

“No, you’re not.” He stood up and scratched his ear, trying to work out a way to get her in the shower without having to see her naked. Because that wouldn’t be good. At all. “Look, maybe we could... You could undress in the tub, right?”

“Um, yeah. I guess.”

“Good.” With that, he hoisted her up, sat her in the bathtub and closed the curtain. Marie shrieked and dug her fingers into his arm as he raised her, and he saw how she blushed.

“Logan! For Christ’s sake, are you trying to give me a heart attack?!”

He just rolled his eyes. “Go on. Undress, shower, and then stop your whining. Or better, stop whining before you shower.”

She grumbled behind the curtain, momentarily muffled as she pulled her shirt over her head, and then said shirt was flung at his head, her scent enveloping him like a blanket. A lesser man would have fainted.

She showered extensively, muttering expletives all the while, and then the water stopped.

“Um, Logan?”

“Yeah?”

“How exactly do you plan on getting me out of here?”

Oh dear.

The END