Author's Chapter Notes:
I like Logan and Rogue on motorcycles and in bars. What can I say? I guess there's a little bit of redneck in me after all.
* * * * *



At the moment there were two things Rogue loved most in the world. One was the machine she was straddling because there is nothing like riding a motorcycle down almost-rural back roads and feeling the purring beneath you. And yes, damnit, the bike purred to her. The second thing she loved even more than the bike was the man sitting behind her and currently attempting to drive her insane with his hands.

His right hand was running up and down the top of her thigh, the fingers making little circular patterns on her jeans. His left hand was being just as naughty, snuggled up beneath her breasts with apparently no intention of moving any time soon. Which was probably worse than moving, in her current state.

"Logan," she said warningly over the commlink in their helmets.

"Yes, Marie?" He was laughing. Not a lot. Logan didn't burst into gales of laughter or anything. But she could tell that what he was doing to her amused him. And aroused him, if what was pressed against her ass was any indication.

"Dammit, Logan, I'm trying to keep us on the fucking road, and you're not helping!" Rogue said, shaking her head a little.

"Do you even know where we're going, darlin'?" Logan asked. She almost forgot his question because his right hand decided to rest on her stomach, not even an inch away from—-

"You'd know if you were paying any attention to where we are instead of trying to drive me insane," she said curtly. Then, feeling sorry for her tone, she pressed herself back against him for a second and sighed. "Sorry, sugar. Just look around as we go. You'll figure it out. Your 'I'm too tough to be smart' routine doesn't work on me, you know."

All Rogue heard was a grunt, which was fine with her. At least his hands were still. Not exactly in places that were conducive to their health when in relation to the fact that she was the one controlling the motorcycle, but still nonetheless.

"You know you like my hands," Logan said softly after another minute. Damn him, he was right, and they both knew it.

"Later, sugar, later. Okay?"

"Okay."

Now, maybe she'd get some relative peace until they reached their destination, which happened to be Rogue's favorite place to be outside of the mansion. Full of cigar and cigarette smoke and the sound of clatter balls, it was the kind of place she'd loved to come to for relaxation even before she got Logan in her head. She'd discovered it a month or so into her stay at Xavier's and was now considered a regular. She'd started to bring Logan with her when he returned, and now they came every chance they could get. Today, however, would be their first visit as a couple.

"The White Wolf," Logan growled happily behind her. Rogue grinned because he'd finally figured it out, and even though they were only halfway there, she'd expected him to realize it a lot sooner.

"Yep," was her only answer.


* * * * *



Logan was glad that Marie was so good on the bike because it meant he could concentrate on the way she felt pressed back against him. On how she felt under his hands. Not that she let that go on for long. Yeah, she was right, no use her getting hurt because he was distracting her. It'd been fun, though. When he'd realized their goal, having Marie driving gave him some time to think.

Every time he and Marie had gone to the White Wolf before this, they'd been rather obviously friends. He'd made sure of that. Did want anyone getting the wrong idea about what kind of girl Marie was. That meant, of course, that a lot of men, from her age on up, had hit on her from as close as they could possibly get with him in the way, all throughout the course of each night. Dense as he was, he hadn't been able to figure out how she drew the attention of practically every man in the vicinity, but he'd always made sure to let those assholes know that he wasn't going to let them give Marie any shit.

Now he was going to be in the pool hall, surrounded by men who would be looking Marie up and down in that damn disgusting way and women who'd probably be giving him the same treatment. He wasn't conceited about his looks, but it'd take a dead man to not notice the way the women seemed to prefer him.

So, he was taken and Marie was taken, and he had a bad feeling about what was gonna happen. Not that he was going to mention that to Marie. After all, pool did have some advantages for a man who'd decided to take things slow with his woman, not the least of which was the fine view he'd be getting of her pretty little ass. An ass which he was *not* going to think about at the moment because he wanted to be able to walk into the hall comfortably, thank you very much.

She skidded to a halt in front of the White Wolf. She loved to do that because it drove him crazy, since he hated the sound and the thought of what might happen if she ever lost control. Logan got off first and then slid his arm around Marie's waist when she hopped off. Shit, he loved the way her breasts bounced when she moved like that. Marie slipped her own arm around his waist and they were good to go.

The few regulars sitting outside at this time of day raised their eyebrows a little and nodded. Logan nodded back in the usual manly fashion and Marie smiled.

"Hey Jack, Joe. Anyone good in?" she drawled out. "I'm in the mood to play two against two today. Logan and I want to beat some ass."

"And there's no one in there better'n the two of you, li'l girl, if that's what you're asking," Joe replied. He returned her smile, and Logan had to remind himself not to growl. These men weren't a threat to him. No, no, not at all.

Nevertheless, the ushered Marie into the hall quickly. A cloud of smoke enveloped them as soon as they stepped over the threshold, and Logan breathed in deeply. This was his kind of place.

"Who'll be our first victims today, Logan?" Marie asked, her eyes sparkling.

"I don't know," he said slowly, taking a look around. The occupants of the White Wolf had definitely noticed their arrival. The men were ogling Marie and the women were looking at her enviously. He felt a mixture of possession and pride that he'd never felt before. The possession, yeah, that was familiar. But the pride...he'd never have imagined that he'd feel pride over other people noticing how gorgeous Marie was, especially now that they were more than friends. "Looks like Joe was right. Let's just lay each other today." He stopped and realized what he said, then corrected, "Play. Play each other."

"Sure, Logan. Do you want to pay for the table, or do you want me to?" Marie asked him. She grinned up at him mischievously.

" I will," Logan said firmly. He didn't believe in the woman paying for anything, even if the outing was a casual one between friends. Casual this was, but friends...they were that and beyond.


* * * * *



Rogue watched Logan go pay for their equipment while she stood just inside and to the left of the door. She scanned the room, noting the usuals in the crowd, as well as a few people she'd never seen before. One was a man who stared boldly at her, his eyes scanning her body before meeting her own slightly narrowed eyes. He just smiled and started towards her.

Logan appeared by her side then, equipment in hand. He handed her stick to her and led her to their table with one arm slung around her waist. She wasn't sure if he'd noticed the man who was now glaring speculatively in their direction.

"Don't pay any attention to him, darlin'. Just play," Logan advised. Well, that answered that question.

"That could be taken several ways, Logan," Rogue said low, flashing him a grin.

He raised his eyebrows. "I know."

They settled into play then. Rogue broke, and Logan sunk the first ball, a stripe. Occasionally one or the other would give an extra shake of the ass before a shot, just for each other's benefit.

Fortunately for the game, this didn't really distract either of them. Logan won, for once, with the eight ball in the side pocket. He grinned at Rogue, and she mock-pouted.

"This means we'll just have to play again. And this time I'm gonna win, Logan," she said, tossing her hair over her shoulder. She sighed when he just grinned at her and motioned that she should break.

The second game was a little tenser because the man who'd been staring at Rogue since she entered was edging closer and closer. Rogue could tell that Logan was keeping an eye on the guy, to make sure that he wouldn't try anything. Whenever the guy moved closer, Logan's shoulder muscles flexed. It kind of amused her because he'd never had a reaction like that in all of the weeks they'd been coming here.

"Your shot, darlin'," Logan said after he hit the cue ball to a spot where he thought she wouldn't have any shot at all. As Rogue examined the table, she knew better.

"Thanks, sugar," she said with a grin. She leaned over the table and took her shot, hitting the cue ball into one of his stripes, which then knocked into another of his stripes before sending her solid four into the middle pocket.

"I guess I get to go again," Rogue said sweetly, laughing a little at the way Logan just shook his head and sighed.

"Sweetheart, why don't you try a go with me? You're already beating this bum. I could give you a much better game," the mysterious man said, smiling smugly. He moved closer to her.

Rogue heard Logan growl, but she held up a hand to stop him. This was something she could handle. "I so do not think so, asshole. Unless you didn't notice, this man is my guy, and he's not very patient with idiots like you who try to hit on me. So get lost," she said coldly, turning back to make her shot, which she missed.

She felt him come even closer to her, leaning down to whisper, "I don't think he looks so dangerous, sweetie. You need a real man, anyway," he said, running a hand down her back to cup her buttocks.

Suddenly he was gone. Rogue looked back to see him swinging in midair, Logan holding him by the collar.

"Oh, I'm man enough for her, bub. Now I think you should get out of her like the lady suggested, before I decide to lose my patience," Logan said on a growl. Rogue looked at him with shining eyes.

"No fighting!" the man behind the counter said, even though he was used to this sort of thing and the rule was broken at least once a week. Not usually during the day, though.

"Let the little man down, Logan, and let's go grab something to eat. I'm starving," Rogue said. She slid an arm around his waist, pressed against him, then whispered in his ear, "And it's not just food I'm hungry for."

Logan looked down at her and grinned. There was a gleam in his eye when he said, "You're right, darlin'. Suddenly I'm really hungry, too." He casually flung the guy away, not watching where he landed, and they walked out the door without finishing the game.

After all, some things were more important.