On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me…

Glaring at the radio as it played yet another version of the cursed Jingle Bells tune Rogue grabbed her sweater and jerked it over her head even as the last note faded away. Pulling on her gloves she reached for her brush as the radio announcer came back on.

“That was Jingle Bells, and now we have a request,” the confusion in his voice was clear and Rogue grinned, “Uh going out to the kid here’s 12 days of Christmas.”

The lyrics began and Rogue stomped on her boots before heading for breakfast. Hopping off the last step she turned for the cafeteria just as the doorbell peeled and running feet sounded, “I got it!” Jubilee’s high energy voice echoed along the foyer and Rogue shrugged it didn’t really matter wasn’t for her anyway.

Pouring herself a coffee and grabbing her usual breakfast Rogue settled at her usual chair only to glance p when the heavy door slammed back against the doorstops. The sight of Jubilee’s slight frame lugging a four foot tall, fully branched spruce tree elicited laughter from the others in the room, Rogue merely shrugged and turned her attention back to her food.

The jingle of silverware being jostled competed with the clacking of a hen as the young woman dropped the tree on the table next to Rogue’s plate. “Hardy har har Rogue, you planning on addin’ to the greenery around here?” she panted with a nod at the tree.

“That ain’t mine. It’s probably Miss Monroe’s,” Rogue replied reaching for her coffee even as she eyed the small, bantam hen that fluttered about in the small, golden cage hanging from a branch.

“Its got your name on it..it belongs to you,” Jubilee panted and headed for her seat.

Glancing at it Rogue smothered a groan a she read the slip. It did indeed say Rogue, c/o Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngster, Westchester New York, USA

The thump of her head hitting the table drew another startled cackle from the hen who eyed her warily, unblinkingly.


On the Second day of Christmas my true love sent to me…

“Good morning New York!” the infectious, cheery voice had Rogue groaning as she glared at her radio.
“Don’t play Jingle Bells or I’ll find you and kill you,” she threatened as she pulled the brush through her hair.

“12 days of Christmas,” the announcer called as the first strains began.

Groaning Rogue wondered if the world was trying to drive her to drink, the bloody song had played about twelve times the day before and for it to start her morning was only a bad, bad sign.

Dressing in the most unchristmasy outfit she could find Rogue descended the stairs warily, her new ‘tree’ sat in the greenhouse out back surrounded by a wire fence so her chicken could run around. Not seeing anyone around that would have the guts to pull one on her she sighed and headed for breakfast.

Sitting nursing her coffee after she’d finished the last of her French toast Rogue glanced up at the angry peel of the doorbell a few minutes before the rapid click of heels on hardwood floor.

Sinking down in her chair she watched as Jean stepped into the room with a smaller wooden box marked ‘Handle with Care – Live Animal’ on the side. Smothering a groan she looked pleadingly at Jean who was stalking towards her like a freight train.

“Good Morning Dr. Grey.”

“Morning Rogue, this was delivered a moment ago for you. There’s a letter in the envelope on top,” Jean said setting the crate down on the table and heading for the main table where Scott was sitting.

Swallowing against the unease in her stomach Rogue tore into the plastic envelope to find a simple card, no address, no name on it – just a few words. “Canadian Geese – both were injured and couldn’t be rehabilitated into the wild. Thank you so much for adopting them. They will need somewhere they can swim; a natural pond would be perfect.”

Staring at the box Rogue glanced up at the faces staring back at her, “What?”

“What’s in the box?” one young boy asked just as the box shifted, a loud honking filling the room.

Pounding her head on the table Rogue groaned, “Live birds,” she whimpered as everyone giggled.


On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me…

Sneaking a plate of food up to her room Rogue closed the door quietly and breathed a sigh of relief. Her new pets, two Canadian Geese and a bantam hen were currently doing whatever they normally did in their new enclosures; her tree was now sitting in the corner of her room decorated with a few white lights and nothing else. The rich smell of pine filling her room pleasantly.

Tucking her feet up under her she sat on her bed and watched the lights flickering slightly while she finished her breakfast. Setting the dirty plate aside she shifted and reached for the remote control to flip on the television. Not finding anything of interest she glanced sharply at the door when the sound of a firm knock filled her room.

“Yes?”

“Uh there’s another uh delivery for you,” Bobby’s voice held more than a hint of laughter and Rogue rolled her eyes before stomping to the door. Jerking it open she stared at him for a few seconds before she realized what he was standing in front of.

Piotr stood with his arms full of what looked like intricately carved leaves on a young sapling. She could feel her mouth dropping open as she shook her head, “Okay once was funny guys, this is no longer a joke.”

“Ain’t us doing it,” Bobby snickered as Piotr stepped past him and dropped the tree with hung leaves of red and gold in the middle of her bedroom, “Merry Christmas Rogue,” the tall Russian kid smiled slightly and disappeared out the door leaving Bobby to guffaw at the site of the other tree.

“So when you gonna plant the trees Rogue? You uh figure the frost’s gonna hop out the ground now or you planning on waiting for Spring?” Bobby chuckled tears streaming down his face.

“I plan on killing you slowly, painfully with some foreign object and letting the Professor figure out a way of disposing of your body!” Rogue snarled and pushed him out, slamming the door in his face as she turned to stare at the tree.

“Who would send me a dead tree with maple leaves on it?” she muttered under her breath, recognizing the leaves easily, the Logan in her head telling her it was a Canadian thing, and the tree wasn’t dead – it was in hibernation. “This is getting really, really weird.”

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me…

Sitting on the cold bench in the snow while she tried to avoid the entire residential body Rogue watched as her growing collection of poultry scratched and waddled about. Their movements graceful, easy, like poetry in motion.

Shifting she glanced up at the crunch of snow under a boot and turned her head to see Scott walking toward her. Groaning she turned back to her observing, “I’m busy. Go away.”

The soft chuckle from Scott only inflamed her ire and she glared at him, “I can see that.”

“Then why are you sitting down? Why not go find someone else to humiliate? This is getting..”

“These came for you,” Scott held out the two small boxes in his hands and waited for her to take them. Watching her carefully tear into the plain silver wrapping he wondered what it was that she would be getting today.

Lifting the lid off the two boxes, Rogue gasped. In four separate but easily connected pieces was a silvery colored halo, complete with a pair of filmy, white angel wings in some sort of fabric.

“Wow,” Scott said studying them, “Someone obviously took the time to make them. I think that’s platinum.”

Rogue swallowed as her fingers itched to trace over them, “It’s beautiful but why me? Who keeps sending these things my way?”

“I think someone who really gives a damn about you,” Scott said patting her on the shoulder and rising to head back to the house, “Oh they wanted me to tell you if you don’t want the geese can they give them to the cook for dinner?”

“NO!” Rogue snarled furiously, “They’re my geese and I’m..”

Scott raised his hands in surrender and turned back to the mansion a smile crossing his face as he heard the rustle of tissue paper and the click of a halo being put together. This was certain an odd method of giving gifts to someone and he wondered what each one meant.

Pausing at the base of the stairwell he glanced over his shoulder to see Rogue settling the Halo on her head and a bright smile crossing her face as she hugged her wings to her. Someone who really cared about the girl, someone who didn’t know if they could ever tell her enough that was for damn sure!


On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

Rolling out of bed Rogue wondered what new horror awaited her today only to pad to her door at a soft knock. Opening it she stared coldly at ‘Ro who smiled softly back at her, and held out a small box. The other woman turned and walked away leaving Rogue standing in the doorway holding a box.

Closing the door she debated tossing it in the garbage but decided whoever was playing a joke on her would suffer a bit more for this one she padded over to her bed and sat down. Pulling the plain wrapping off it she stared at the black velvet box in her hand. With hands that shook she opened the lid and gasped.

Nestled in scarlet velvet were five golden rings each one with an intricately carved letter on the band. “M-A-R-I-E,” she whispered softly and gasped as it sunk in. Someone had sent her a set of bands that spelled out her name.

Frowning through her tears she glanced at the door, who knew her real name around here? The Professor...but he wouldn’t be sending her these things; and he hadn’t told anyone her name – she’d made him swear on all that was holy to him. No that meant that someone had snuck around to find out her name..unless it was Logan..

Freezing at the thought she clutched the rings to her chest and giggled through her tears. Please let it be him! She thought



On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me….


The angry peel of the doorbell at nine o’clock in the morning had become normal in the past few days and Rogue idly wondered if anyone would even think of looking for her here.

Glancing around she smiled, once again she sat swaddled in clothes that had been left behind, but this time they all smelt like one person. Glancing down at the ugly old wife beater that Logan had tucked away in the drawer she grinned, it fit perfectly over her own grey t-shirt, a marvel of fabric. Now all she needed was a kick ass buckle to go with her jeans and she’d be in business.

Giggling softly she flopped back on the bed amid the blankets and stared at the ceiling as she listened the rat-a-tat of heels on hardwood bypass the door. A few seconds later the sound of a knock on her door drew a grin but she remained as she was – thankful that whoever was out there wasn’t a telepath.

A moment later the door swung open and Jean leaned against the doorjamb holding a small, plain white box with a courier’s logo on the side, “What do I have to do – disappear for y’all to realize I ain’t enjoying being made fun of?” Rogue griped.

“If it was one of us then you’d know about it by now. This is the one place no one can keep a secret for longer than it takes Jubilee to open her mouth,” Jean smiled warmly. “Special delivery for you. Don’t know who it’s from, or where but here you are.”

Taking the box from Jean Rogue moved back to flop onto the bed, “I’m not really a Christmassy person.”

“I know,” Jean’s smile softened, “its okay to miss him Rogue, we all know you care about him. Logan’ll be okay though.”

“Sometimes I don’t know,” Rogue whispered as Jean walked away, closing the door softly as she did so. Peeling the tape off the box she dug it open and glanced down inside. A small, equiangular shaped green velvet box sat half buried in paper. Tugging it up and out, Rogue let the box hit the floor as she sat staring at the green case.

“Maybe it’s something poisonous, Cleopatra poisoned herself with a snake – maybe it’s a snake,” Rogue muttered to herself derisively before reaching over to tug gently on the little gold chain hanging out the front of the box. “Or maybe it’s a framed picture of me when I was younger and in an embarrassing pose. Or maybe..Oh my GOD!” Rogue gasped staring down into the silk lining the jeweler’s case.

Strung on a beautiful silver chain set into matching hooks were six beautiful diamond pendants. Lined up in pairs, two teardrop stones flanked two small, intricately placed angels, followed up by another pair of teardrop stones. Frowning slightly she held the case up a little higher and studied the angels, both had been set in a darker gold, and the top stone had two strips of platinum gold that had been braided over the top, giving the impression of a lock of hair.

Setting the case down she grabbed the box, tearing out the paper and tossing it aside as she searched for a card, for some indication of who was sending her such gifts. Even with her inexperienced eye the necklace had to be worth a small fortune.

Ten minutes later Rogue sat staring at the necklace in her hands totally lost with the knowledge that someone she didn’t know, knew her well enough to send her expensive jewelry, gifts of odd natures, and all without a clue as to who had sent it.

Sucking in a deep breath she sighed, “I’ll find out and when I do – I don’t know but it’s gonna be noteworthy that’s for sure.


On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

The annoying but familiar sound of 12 days of Christmas woke Rogue who merely glared at the clock and pushed her blankets off. The minute her feet touched the floor Rogue froze, sitting in a perfect row atop her dresser were seven small boxes marked fragile. Each one had a different colored rose sticking out of them, and each bore the mark of a courier.

Frowning as she realized someone had come into her room while she was sleeping Rogue cursed before moving toward the by now familiar routine of opening gifts. Placing each rose aside to be dried and kept later, Rogue opened each box carefully, almost fearfully.

Peeling away layers of bubble wrap and tissue paper Rogue stared at the seven inch high, stained glass houses that lined her dresser. Each one was clearly marked with a color scheme, each bore her name emblazoned in gold letter. Glancing at the roses she felt a smile cross her face as she realized that each rose had been died to match the house it was accompanying.

“Someone took a lot of time to do this,” she muttered tracing over the tiny windows in each house, the amount of details were amazing and she wondered who’d done them.

Grabbing clothes she dressed quickly, unwilling to leave things as they were any longer. Picking up the blood red rose whose bloom’s tip had obviously been dipped in silver paint she tucked it into her hair and slipped from her room to hurry down the stairs.

Watching her Jubilee cracked her gum, “So any bets on who’s doing this?” she whispered to Kitty.

“I think Rogue’s doing it,” Kitty replied softly. “I mean come on – who sends a person a tree?”

“I think you two should quit worrying about what’s happening with Rogue and start getting ready for classes.”

“Hey most kids have at least a week off before Christmas, how come we don’t?” Jubilee pouted as Ororo smiled at her steadily.

“Because you love learning so much,” she replied and turned the girls toward their classroom, “Now go.”

Long after the pair had vanished Ororo stood studying the closed door the Professor Xavier’s office. Would Charles be able to find out who was sending the gifts? More to the point would he tell if he did? Shaking her head Ororo chuckled, Rogue deserved this, deserved to be spoiled with gifts. Although she had to admit that some of them were just plain weird.

Catching sight of Rogue she watched her carefully, noting the dejected air about her and hid a smile, obviously Charles wasn’t about to spoil the surprise that someone was going to a lot of trouble to arrange!



On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me….

The soft sound of a radio playing the usual song that came on every hour on the hour filled the auditorium as Charles rolled in. With Christmas only a few days away he’d decided that the students needed to decorate and this meeting was to arrange that.

“Good morning everyone.”

“Morning Professor Xavier,” the student body chorused.

Hiding a grin he glanced at each student in turn, noting that Rogue was absent. Glancing at Scott he sent a mental message and received a shrug for his query. Obviously Rogue was still playing humbug!


“Hey Professor,” the door opening suddenly had everyone turning to stare at St. John who stood with a tall, kahki dressed man holding a large vase wrapped in satin ribbons, “Where did you want the mistletoe?”

“Excuse me?” Charles gaped at the young man.

“I’ve got a delivery of mistletoe for,” the delivery man glanced back at his clipboard, “Uh Rogue?”

“Oh,” Charles sighed, “Scott would you sign for the delivery and mind taking it upstairs to her?”

“Not at all,” Scott grinned at him as he walked over to sign the delivery slip, “Thanks so much.”

“Hey no worries. Merry Christmas,” the delivery man nodded at the room and turned and walked away whistling a Christmas tune.

“Sorry,” St. John shrugged his shoulders, “He said he had a delivery so I just assumed..”

“That’s quite alright. Please have seat.”


Glancing up at the pounding on her door Rogue sighed, “I don’t want to help okay? Just go away.”

“I have a package for you,” Scott’s voice held amusement and Rogue groaned.

“Not another one,” she muttered as she got up and padded to the door. Jerking it open she stared at the man holding a large vase of greenery and white berries with the stems still on them. “And you’re giving me weeds?”

“Mistletoe, eight bunches by the looks of it. I counted the ribbons,” Scott declared with a grin, “To go along with the tree!”

“Go away,” Rogue snapped taking the vase and slamming the door in his face. Setting it down on the desk she frowned as she realized that this time there appeared to be a card. Pulling it out she unfolded it and sighed, nope not a love note but rather an interesting little tidbit that she found charming.

“**Although many sources say that kissing under the mistletoe is a purely English custom, there's another, more charming explanation for its origin that extends back into Norse mythology. It's the story of a loving, if overprotective, mother.

The Norse god Balder was the best loved of all the gods. His mother was Frigga, goddess of love and beauty. She loved her son so much that she wanted to make sure no harm would come to him. So she went through the world, securing promises from everything that sprang from the four elements--fire, water, air, and earth--that they would not harm her beloved Balder.
Leave it to Loki, a sly, evil spirit, to find the loophole. The loophole was mistletoe. He made an arrow from its wood. To make the prank even nastier, he took the arrow to Hoder, Balder's brother, who was blind. Guiding Holder's hand, Loki directed the arrow at Balder's heart, and he fell dead.

Frigga's tears became the mistletoe's white berries. In the version of the story with a happy ending, Balder is restored to life, and Frigga is so grateful that she reverses the reputation of the offending plant--making it a symbol of love and promising to bestow a kiss upon anyone who passes under it.**”

Glancing up at the calendar Rogue smiled, only four more days until Christmas Eve and then with any luck this nonsense would stop. Setting the card down she walked over to the window and stared out at the shimmering snow that blanketed the ground.

Glancing upwards to the sky she plucked at the tags around her neck, “Please God keep him safe. Let him know he has someone to come home to.”



On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…


A glance at the clock had Rogue breathing a sigh of relief as she realized that it was past ten which meant no deliveries. With a hint of a smile she dressed and headed downstairs to work on her English Lit project, aware that she only had two days to get it in.

Sitting at the computer deep in thought over the next portion of her essay Rogue heard the doorbell and wondered who was stopping by. Not caring as long as it wasn’t for her, she refused to budge off the chair and hit the save icon.

The muffled sound of voices didn’t even bother her; instead she flipped another page and made a couple more notes before glancing at the screen and reading what she’d already typed.

“Hey Rogue,” Jubilee’s cheerful, secretive little tone had her grinding her teeth.

“Jubes,” Rogue greeted her without turning around.

“Got something for you,” Jubilee snickered.

“Oh? Let me guess it’s another plant?”

“Uh no, a box from some fancy store by the looks of it. At least that’s what I’m going to assume since it’s got a brand name on it.”

Turning Rogue stared at the large white box Jubilee was holding. With a put upon sigh she rose and took the box before heading over to the nearest table and dropping it on it. “There, you’ve delivered it. Thank you.”

“You’re not going to open it, Chica?”

“Not at the moment,” Rogue replied and turned back to her homework.

“Fine then I will,” Jubilee said breaking the seal quickly before lifting the box lid.

“Hey!” Rogue protested rising to her feet, “This isn’t funny! I didn’t say..”

“Wow, you’ve got a really good friend,” Jubilee whistled as Rogue moved toward her. “Look.”

Staring down into the box lined with tissue paper in a multitude of colors were what appeared to be sheer body suits. Picking the top one up, Rogue stared at the vibrant color and the iridescent colors. Jerking a glove off she rubbed her fingers over it and glanced at Jubilee, “This isn’t silk.”

“You can tell that by touch?” Jubilee asked shifting a little uneasy with the way Rogue’s hand was bare.

“You get used to it,” Rogue replied softly and started digging in the box. Pulling out a small card she flipped it over to see a store name, “Arachnid Castle, care of spider silk..”

“Spider silk,” Jubilee whistled. “Someone took the time to harvest spider webs?”

“Obviously,” Rogue muttered plucking at the fabric. Quickly scanning the card she shrugged, “I have to hand wash them in cool water, with a mild soap. There’s a number to get some specially designed for these garments.”

“You’ll have to get some,” Jubilee said even as someone cleared their throat in the doorway. “Hey dude, what’s happenin’?” she smirked at Scott who held up a white, unlabeled bucket.

“This goes with whatever that is,” Scott said setting the bucket down, “And it’s heavy so get someone else to carry it.”

Rolling her eyes Rogue returned her attention to the body suits, counting them she realized that there were indeed nine. All were different colors, and yet they all had one very obvious thing in common. All were embroidered with her initial at the neck.

Shaking her head she wondered what she’d ever done to deserve such lavish gifts – regular silk – the really good stuff wasn’t cheap and this stuff would be even harder to come by so it would be even more expensive. Someone out there really liked her – either that or they pitied her. She rather liked the idea of being liked.



On the Tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me…



“So what’s the damage today?” Bobby asked dropping down into a chair next to Rogue who merely glared at him for a few seconds before returning her attention to the breakfast in front of her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“Hmm let’s see, a tree, poultry, silk, jewels, rings, what ever else is there to get a girl?”

Growling low Rogue glanced up as a shadow crossed the door of the cafeteria at the peel of the doorbell, “I told ya, I’m not into Christmas. Whoever is doing this is just doing as some practical joke or something.”

“Uh huh, sure. I’d spend thousands of dollars on a necklace for a girl just as a joke,” Bobby snickered, “You’re losing it girl.”

“I am not losing it!” Rogue snapped angrily. “If I knew who was doing this I’d tell ‘em to stop..”

“Another gift for you Rogue,” Charles rolled closer to her and held out a slim box, “Don’t have a clue what it is though.”

“If it’s like any of the others, something that I totally don’t need,” Rogue muttered angrily taking it. Glancing around at the expectant looks she swore, “What?”

“Come on open it. We’re enjoying this,” Kitty said nudging her with a foot. “Come on, hurry up.”

“You know if the thought of having you in my head wasn’t so disgusting I’d touch you,” Rogue growled out.

“Cool,” Kitty shot back with a grin as Rogue tore the packaging off and opened the box. “So what is it?”

“Nothing?” Rogue said reaching into the box and pulling out a couple of pieces of paper. “See not a gift, it sorta looks like..”

“A deed,” Charles said taking it carefully. “A very old one.”

“I don’t know anyone with property other than you!” Rogue protested. “And I know you haven’t been sending me these things.”

“That’s right, we’d have found out by now,” Jubilee declared.

Rolling her eyes Rogue watched Charles read through the pages, “Well? Who’s it from?”

“I’m not sure,” Charles declared. “There isn’t a name on it to indicate who the owner would be.”

“Great,” Rogue slapped her forehead, “Now whoever’s doing this is giving me property! Like I need that!”

Chuckling Bobby patted her on the back, “Just think when it gets too crowded here, we can all move out to your place.”

“Shut up.” Rogue bit the words out amid laughter from those around her.

“Just out of curiosity is there a size to the place?” Scott asked with a slight frown.

“Yes,” Charles said scanning the document to find it, “Ten thousand acres.”

“Ten thousand..” Rogue gasped. “Okay now I know someone’s playing a bloody joke on me.”

“Rogue just calm down. There’s two more days to that song and perhaps..” Jean started.

“Sure, I’m calm. Just peachy actually,” Rogue griped as she rose and took the deed from Charles’s hands. “I’m going to my room – where no one pulls dumb jokes on me.”

Watching Rogue stalk off Jean glanced at Charles, “Do you know anything about this?”

“No,” Charles declared easily, “I don’t. I tried to figure it out with her help but she doesn’t know anyone who could afford to send her the gifts she’s gotten. Or for that matter anyone who would send her anything.”

“Curious, that’s for sure,” Jean muttered with a grin. “But at least she’s getting something out of this.”

Ignoring the snickers from those around her Jean winked at Charles and headed for the coffee pot.


On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me….



“Bah humbug,” Rogue ground out and shut off the radio as it played yet another round of what she’d deemed the worse song in history. “Stupid holiday, stupid people, stupid gifts, stupid, stupid, stupid!”

The angry peel of the doorbell had her racing into her bathroom and turning the water on full blast. She didn’t want to know what was on the menu for today, all she wanted was to have Logan home for Christmas and now it looked like someone out there was trying to humiliate her!

The knocking on her door was ignored and after a few minutes it stopped. Breathing a sigh of relief Rogue peeked out of her bathroom door and stared at her door. A flash of white at the base of it had her frowning and she moved over to the envelope.

Picking it up she opened it and pulled out what looked like reservation slips. Unfolding them she read slowly, carefully even as she sank onto the nearest object as she realized that she’d known all along who was sending her gifts. Gifts that meant something to the person sending them. The only thing left to do now was figure out why.

“Eleven days in Niagara Falls at a luxury hotel,” Rogue whispered softly. “Oh Logan it’s been you all along. I wish you knew you didn’t have to send me these things. I’d have been happy with just having you home.”


On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me….

Waking in a better mood Rogue glanced at the calendar despite the fact that she knew the date by heart. December twenty fourth, Christmas Eve, the day that preceded miracles. Dressing carefully she pulled on one of the bodysuits, and grabbed a skirt, blouse and high boots before beginning to put the suits away in her dresser. Getting to the bottom of the box she smiled as she realized that for each suit there was a pair of matching gloves. Pulling on the pair that matched the forest green one she wore, she pulled her hair back into a braid and headed downstairs.

“She’s in a good mood,” Jubilee whispered as she saw Rogue walking toward the cafeteria. “You think she’ll still be happy when she realizes that something else came for her?”

“Don’t know. Maybe?” Kitty whispered softly. “Only one way to find out. If she gets that dark look again, run for it.”

Jubilee nodded seriously and followed her friend into the cafeteria, “Morning Rogue.”

“Good morning Jubilee, Kitty,” Rogue smiled at them as she helped herself to breakfast, “Can I get you something?”

“Uh no, no that’s okay. Um something showed up for you earlier. Here,” Kitty shoved the small, black box at Rogue and stepped back awaiting the explosion.

Taking it Rogue studied it for a moment then shoved her plate at Kitty who took it without protest. Opening the top of the box she smiled down at the flat band that winked back at her, set into it were twelve stones, a ruby, a sapphire, an emerald, an aquamarine, an opal, and seven diamonds all spread out to cover the top of the band.

“Wow, uh if you find out who’s sending these things, you uh wanna find out if he has a brother?” Jubilee whistled. “That’s gotta be worth a few thousand bucks.”

“I don’t think he’s got a brother,” Rogue whispered softly, “but you never know he might.”

“Cool.”

Watching Rogue smirk slightly before taking her plate back, the pair glanced at each other, “Wonder if she figured out who was sending her gifts?” Jubilee whispered.

“I don’t know but we’ll see.”


The dusky light spilled into Rogue’s room as she set the newest gift on a shelf in a new china cabinet she’d found in the attic and claimed. Stepping back she sighed, more material things than she’d ever have to deal with but she’d give it all up for one thing. Glancing out the window she sighed and glanced at the floor fighting tears, tomorrow was a day of miracles perhaps she’d get what she really wanted….if she was lucky.