Author's Chapter Notes:
For almighty_frog’s “hot chocolate” request.
He recognized the smell, but it was a little different than usual. The richness of the chocolate aroma made his mouth water as he imagined biting into one of Ororo’s fresh chocolate chip cookies—best use of chocolate he’d ever tasted; at least, it had been before he discovered this.

Logan walked into the kitchen still breathing in the heavenly aroma and found Marie busy stirring a spoon around in the mug in front of her. On the counter sat an open zip-lock bag full of brown powder. “Where did you get that?” he asked suspiciously—he always knew what was in the cupboards as he hopped to find something worthwhile to drink around the school.

Marie looked up in surprise and smiled widely. “Hey, sugar!” she greeted brightly. She took the spoon out of her mug and took her time licking off the drops of hot chocolate clinging to the silverware. Logan’s nose twitched and his tongue snuck out of his mouth to lip his lips.

He growled warningly. “Marie...?”

“Oh, this?” She innocently glanced at the zip-lock bag. “It’s my homemade hot coco mix,” she told him proudly. “Best in the world!”

Logan cocked his head in interest, he hadn’t known that Marie ever made up anything but the basics in the kitchen. “Don’t you share?” he suggested.

She winked at him and turned to the cupboard with the mugs. “Since you caught me, Ah’ll give you a cup to buy your silence.” Looking over her shoulder, she said, “Don’t go telling anyone else about it.”

Logan gave her a toothy grin in response as he drew closer to the already prepared mug. Damn, did it smell good. His fingers curled around the ceramic mug and he was draining the contents before he knew what he was doing.

”Logan!” Marie scolded. “That was mine, you chocolate fiend!”

Unwilling to show any guilt, he set the empty mug down and stared pointedly at the mix bag. “You have more.”

She pouted at him. “That’s not the point and you know it.” He shrugged with a small grin on his face. Marie poked him in the ribs and then drew close to him. “Ah didn’t know the big, bad Wolverine had such a taste for chocolate,” she said in a low, almost sultry voice.

Logan’s eyebrows shot up in surprise as she somehow got even closer and leaned in until her nose was almost brushing his chin. There was a twinkle in her eye as she whispered, “Seems you missed some.” Suddenly she closed the remaining distance and briefly kissed his lips before using her tongue to lick the small traces of hot chocolate from around Logan’s mouth. The tingle of her power started to draw him into her body and Marie pulled back with a small noise of reluctance.

They stood there soothing their pounding hearts in silence for a few moments. Marie finally glanced up to find Logan staring at her with a small, amazingly bright smile across his lips. Her face felt hot, and she tried to turn to the stove where the hot water was boiling for the coco, Logan caught her arm and wouldn’t let go.

“Logan, the coco—“ she tried to explain.

“Darlin’, that’s not what I’m thinking about right now.”

Sure that she was blushing bright red by now, Marie hesitantly leaned in again. “Have you found a new addiction?” she asked quietly.

His eyes sparkled in amusement as he wrapped her in a tight embrace that brought their bodies flush against one another. “Not so new,” he admitted before leaning down to kiss her hair.