Logan’s Past 12

---------------------------

Gawd knows what time it is, it’s just dark. I managed to evade Logan during dinner time; sneaked down for a quick bite while Chef and the others were just finishing the clean up. She wanted to know where I was during dinner. She answered her own question when she mentioned that she was surprised to see Logan sitting alone. I got a friendly, ‘I’m so sorry he’s such an ass’ smile from her and an extra serving of dessert to take back to my room. Somewhere in her past she must’ve had a Logan-like guy, she’s so understanding about what I go through with that man!

Now I’m just laying here, nothing but the moonlight streaming in through the windows. Edward Logan is staring up at me from the chest at the foot of my bed. Rolling over onto my back for a second, I remember how easy it was for Jean Marie to talk to him. I’d really like to know what the heck happened in the last hundred or so years! So much of him seems to be the same as the kid in that yearbook, but then so damn much is different too! I suppose it could just be the effects of age, but does that explanation really work when he can only remember that last 15 yearsor so?

My trusty computer beeps, it’s the sound that lets me know I’ve got mail. I got rid of that damned guy’s annoying voice ages ago. “You’ve got mail!” So blasted chipper! Nobody should be that happy, especially for just a sound bite!

I punch the power button for the monitor and wiggle the mouse. Up pops the picture of Jubes, Kitty and me from last summer. Logan called us the three stooges; I think he was covering up the bone chilling fear we instilled in him at being legal, alone and loose for a whole month down at one of Professor Xavier’s beach houses in the Keys! I seem to recall a flash of disbelief go across his face when we returned at the end of July, all together, each in one piece, and with no tickets, warnings or need to repay bail money!

I hit the bar at the bottom to open up my mail program. It’s something from Mandi. I haven’t talked to her for a couple a weeks. Lemme see, not since she helped me to confirm the existence of Jean Marie. I wonder what she’s got to say?

From: Mandi@BrantchilleLib.org Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2230hrs To: Rogue@Xavierschool.net Subject: Found this stuff…

Hey Rogue! Did some more hunting around after we talked the other day. I know I said that I’d given you all I found on Jean Marie, but I was wrong. Had to enlist the help of our head librarian, Ms. Geraldine, but she was excited to give a hand to the hunt! Seems her people, way back in the day, knew Jean’s people. How’s that for a kick in the teeth? If I hadn’t spoken to her about your inquiry, I wouldn’t have the stuff I’m sending you!

I was sort of psyched when Ms.G hauled all this stuff out, there’s definitely more on Jean than you and me found on Edward.

So, anyway, hope this stuff helps. Let me know how it all turns out for you!
Later,
M

Oh, holy shit. I mean it! Oh. Holy. Shit. At the bottom of the page, right after Mandi’s ‘M’ signature, I keep scrolling and the crap that’s rolling past my eyeballs is enough to turn my stomach. For bad or good, I don’t know yet. I suppose it’s good, but oh shit, that’s bad!

What’s the first thing to pop up? The damn yearbook picture, what else?

Oh. Holy. Shit.

I know! I know! I’m repeating myself! But there’s just nothing else to say!! Ya know how before I was wondering if Jean Marie was someone from my past, some ancestral relation? If she was ME or am I her or whatever the hell?? Well, those questions just became a lot more important,because as much as Edward Logan looks like my Logan, Jean Marie looks that much like me, maybe even more!! I said it before, and I’ll say itagain…

Oh. Holy. Shit.

And it just keeps getting better! (That’s sarcasm for you folks that can’t tell) Oh, yes, just oodles and oodles of better. There’s the yearbook picture, and here’s a lovely shot of Edward and Jean holding hands in front of a fence, and here’s another of Jean standing between two small horses (wonder if those are the twin colts? – no, NO! let’s not go there!). Here’s one that must be graduation day – caps and gowns all around– looks like the class picture, but Edward and Jean aren’t hard to spot; over on the edge of the group, rightfuckingnexttoeachother!! Get any closer kiddies and Ms. Winters is gonna tell y’all to get a room!!

Oh. Holy. Shit.

I know, there I go again; but you can’t see the photo that just rolled up. It’s a wedding photo. Yes, that’s what I said; A. WEDDING. PHOTO.

And of course, I make the mistake of thinking that this can’t possibly get any worse, so of course it does.

Because just as the wedding photo comes to a stop, mid page, taking up fully the entire computer screen, who the fuck comes stalking into my room without knocking??

Yeah, you got it, Logan.