Scott:
Okay I know I’m considered to be a bit uptight but really you try living my life for a day or so and see how well you hold up. I have an uncontrolled mutation that could potentially kill everyone within the mansion without a thought – if I lost my glasses or visor, a girlfriend who thinks I don’t notice her little ‘swoons’ for another man, and a career that I love with a vocation that’s extremely dangerous. I know that there are a lot of things that happen around here that make things unusual up to and including Logan’s effect on every woman under the roof.

Now I’m not one for calling names and pointing fingers but lets face facts, Logan’s got Jean and Rogue panting after him and seems to be completely obtuse about it. He hangs out with Rogue to the exclusion of everyone else, treats her like a normal woman - to the horror of every man on campus who quite frankly is too terrified to do it.

Personally, I think it’s great. It’s obvious he loves her and that’s a good thing. The fact that my girl flirts with him doesn’t really bother me anymore, I mean I’ve come to realize something. Jean’s a telepath she knows what he’s doing and more importantly why he’s doing it. Of course I’m not about to let him know that, after all I have a reputation to uphold and I rather like seeing him squirm like a worm on a hook.


Jean:

I’m not as much of an air head as everyone assumes. I’ve seen the looks that Logan and Rogue share, seen the way they interact and I know they’re in love with each other. Hell they were in love way back when he left after Lady Liberty. He just wasn’t ready to face that fact so he ran under the excuse of his past.

The fact that he flirts with me to get Scott’s motor going only makes me laugh. Yeah he’s sexy as sin, and he’s the best fighter on the team but he’s also taken. Maybe if I didn’t love Scott so much and if I didn’t know that Rogue adores the big ape I’d have been tempted but lets face it when it comes to Rogue and Logan nobody gets the insider view.

I’ve watched Rogue develop into a powerful woman full of emotions, of intellect, and I’ve watched the schoolgirl crush she’d had fade away to leave a love that humbles me. I’m not sure that I feel that strongly about Scott, or if anyone has ever felt that strongly. Rogue doesn’t just love him, she worships him almost fanatically - and he feels the same way about her!

We’ve had plenty of talks Rogue and I, some not as nice as others but the end result is the same. We understand each other now and that’s the important thing. After all I’ve got an image to keep.



Rogue:

You know I think these people haven’t got anything better to do than bitch and gossip about Logan and I’s relationship with Scott and Jean. I’ve heard so many different tales, everything from Logan and Jean are sleeping together to Logan’s in bed with Scott and Jean, to I’m nailing Scott to get back at Logan. All untrue and all pitiful lies. Logan and Jean aren’t sleeping together and Logan wouldn’t be caught dead in bed with a man he’s too much a lady killer, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be sleeping with Scott. I prefer my man a little rougher around the edges.

Besides I’m not so stupid as to jeopardize the only comfortable bed in the place! If everyone knew that I slept in Logan’s room every night they’d probably shut up but they don’t. Instead all they see is the way Logan chases Jean, the ‘animosity’ between him and Scott - which is so fake by the way - and me waiting on the sidelines for Logan.

Sometimes it’s not a bad thing, but other times - especially when it’s my friends trying to think up ways to get Logan to notice me it can be a headache and I’ve had more than one of ‘em. I wish everyone would grab a brain and just shut up. Logan loves me and that scares him because he doesn’t want to hurt me and he knows he will one day. Those are the risks you take when you’re in love - sooner or later you’re gonna hurt the person you love it can’t be help. After all death comes to us all in one form or another and I’ve already lost Logan to death about four times so I know I’ll cry!

I’m patient; I can wait for him forever if I have to because I know beyond a doubt that Logan will never touch Jean or any other woman for that matter. And he knows I know it I can see it in the smiles he gives me, the touches, the way he lets me have half the bed. We love each other and that’s something we will kill to protect.


Logan:

Yeah, yeah, yeah I get the picture. You’re hurting Rogue by chasin’ after Red, you need to think of her a little more. Fuck you’d think I was two! I know what’s going through Rogue’s mind at any given moment. See I chase Jean for one reason and one reason only - convenience! I ain’t interested in nailin’ her, ain’t my type. I just like the way Scott simmers every time and the way it gives him an edge on the battlefield. I ain’t about to let my Rogue suffer, no matter what anyone thinks of me.

I’ve heard the rumors, seen the looks and it don’t bother me cause I know the truth. You gotta trust someone not to hurt you to touch them sexually - and frankly Jeannie don’t rank up there on my trustometer. Come on people she’s a doctor - doctors and I do not mix. The adamantium in my body should explain that!


Nope I want a woman I can trust cause there’s touch and then there’s touch. Rogue’s touch doesn’t send me into a rage like most people’s does. In fact it has a calming affect on me not that I advertise it. She can bring me back from the brink of insanity or rage with a simple touch on my arm, my hand, my chest. She can also turn me inside out easier than anyone ever has.

I know what everything thinks of me. Thinks I’ve done these past eighteen years of my remembered life and you know what - you’re wrong. I’ve only tried a sexual touch a couple of times and both times left me feeling hollow, used, so I avoided it. Still do as a matter of fact. Until Marie, until the tiny slip of a girl half frozen and starving crawled into the cab of my truck and smiled at me. I know I’ll never be good enough for her but that don’t stop me from loving her, needing her. And I know she loves me back but more than that we trust each other.

You tellin’ me you’d screw that up for an easy fuck? You’re even stupider than these geeks; cause in my life Marie comes before anyone or anything else- even me!

Storm:

Being the quiet one, the calm one I see more than I say and what I’ve seen, well let’s just say I’m glad I’ve got white hair. I’ve seen the way Logan chases Jean, teasing, taunting her with innuendos and making her long for something she can’t have. I’ve seen the way Scott gets so irate and spends an extra hour in the gym after classes. And I’ve seen the way Rogue merely smiles and leans a little closer to Logan.

Oh yes, I’ve seen it all. Now just between you, me, and the wall it is a load of manure people! Complete and utter artistry because Logan’s wrapped so tightly around Rogue’s finger that he can barely move without her. That simple fact has eluded most of the other residents; they all see what they want to see - not what’s in front of them.

I’ve lost track of the number of times that Rogue’s little friends, her classmates have sat giggling about how Logan acts. Course I’ve also heard the nicknames, the slurs against him, and the pure unadulterated hatred for a man who’s capable of takin’ on everyone within the walls of this structure - and winning.

Personally I think if half the mansion knew where Rogue sleeps they’d shut up but then its hard to say. Most people don’t get it. Don’t get that Logan, Scott, Jean, and Rogue are all walking a fine line. See contrary to what we all think Logan doesn’t trust us. He trusts Rogue with his life but not the rest of us, so we have to constantly work to gain that respect. In their own way, that small group of people are learning how to respect each other, how to let down their guards. I can only hope that it’s a productive endeavor because a distrustful, unrespectful Logan is a very, very dangerous man. Just ask Mystique if you don’t believe me - after all she’s the one who got three claws to the belly - repeatedly.


Charles:

Logan’s a very complex person - and a very simple one. What you see is what you get with him and what most see is a burly, uncooperative, moody, son-of-a-bitch. Doesn’t mean he’s less human, just means he’s a lot harder to control.


A lot harder to tame, although I do have to say Rogue manages just fine. I’m not one for invading people’s minds without good reason or an open invitation but with those four I just had to. Jean thinks Logan’s ‘acting’ all lovesick over her is cute, Scott thinks Jean’s nuts and Logan’s a hell of a fighter and a good guy. Logan thinks Rogue’s the end all be all of this world - something that surprised me the moment I found that thought - and he would do anything for her - kill or die for her. Rogue well she just sits back and waits. She loves him, adores him so completely that it amazes me that they aren’t together officially yet.

Oh yes I have seen a great deal within their minds and it isn’t surprising how they act. You can’t have two very dominant men such as Scott and Logan within the same power structure without them acting like a pair of roosters in a hen house. Just isn’t about to happen ladies and gentlemen.

And Jean and Rogue well they’ve developed a friendship that I haven’t seen before, both adore the men in their lives, both worship their lovers. In that emotional attachment they’ve found a common bond. That bond allows them to be friends, sisters even and I’m happy about that.

Now if I could just convince them to quit putting on the shows they do and get on with living. I mean have you ever been woken up at one in the morning because you’ve got a bunch of girls projecting plans to get Logan’s attention pretty strongly? Don’t recommend it, although some of their ideas are quite amusing.

Bobby

There are days when I wake up thinking it’s gonna be a great day and it is. Those days are rare though, cause every one of ‘em usually happens when Logan’s out with the other X-men leaving Rogue here at the mansion.

Course most days are hell, Rogue sits pining for Logan whose busy chasing after Dr. Grey. Not that I’m opposed to that union - I’m not. I am opposed to it hurting Rogue because for some reason she loves the big lug. I’ve seen it in her eyes, seen the shy smiles, the lingering looks that are as heated as a touch. Seen the lust that lays buried beneath a layer of respectability, and it makes me mad.

If I had a little more back bone, if I was a bit more of a ‘man’ I’d confront him about it. But since I’m just a kid to him..hmm, that’s it! I know what I can do! I’m a kid so I’m pretty safe – at least he won’t kill me so I will confront him on it. I’ll make him see what he’s doing to Rogue; if he’s smart he’ll stop doing it.


Jean

Well Kids can be determined beings but this is ridiculous, Bobby jumped down Logan’s throat about how he’s hurting Rogue – even got so intense he used his mutation to hold Logan in place and Rogue hit him. Which broke his nose and then Kitty had to get into it and hit Rogue who is currently glaring at the pair from her chair by the wall. Logan on the other hand is irate and ready to kill someone because Rogue’s lip got split.

It’s funny but I can’t let my laugher show or Logan will kill me but to watch him being soothed by an irate Rogue is cute. He’s all berserker rage and uncontrolled fear and she’s got him sitting next to her quietly with a soft smile, a quiet word, and one hand on his shoulder. Of course his head is resting on her arm, unconcerned about the amount of bare skin exposed above the glove, his gaze his hard on the pair of teens I’m currently patching up and I shift so I’m in the line of vision.

I can tell we’re gonna have to be careful around here tonight that’s for sure.

Charles

Well I do believe we have a problem on our hands – Bobby and Kitty are pretty much trapped within the confines of the third floor, Rogue’s got Logan waiting on her hand and foot, and Logan’s furious at the pair who are captive on a floor.

The only upside of this is the scheming of Kitty and Jubilation Lee has stopped at least for the moment. Oh how I wish Logan and Rogue would just get on with it and everyone would go back to worrying about exams all this emotional drama is giving me the mother of all headaches!