She lay in the bathtub, eyes closed. This was heaven. Logan had explained how it worked, how she could adjust the temperature of the water by turning the handle next to the faucet. There was even soap. She was sure she would soon turn to a prune, but it didn’t matter. She could remember the last time she had taken a bath, and it had been a quick one. Cold water in a tin barrel, just a quick dip to get rid of most of the accumulated dust and grime before dressing up and going to work.

He sat in front of the cold fireplace. Tomorrow he would have to check the chimney if it still worked. He had used all his knowledge and lots of guessing before he had managed to build a system that filtered practically all warmth and small particles from the smoke, so that only relatively cool steam was released to surface. No use to hide your house if the smoke gave up its location. He lay down on the floor, listening small creaks and cracks his spine made. He was home. And if everything went as he planned, he wouldn’t have to leave ever. No more running around and looking over your shoulder. No more waking up in the middle of the night, ears straining, trying to catch even the smallest of the sounds. He had smelt first signs of the winter in the wind couple days ago. Not the kind of winter they had before the war. There wouldn’t be snow. It wouldn’t even get cold. Weather would be hot and dry. But when it was over… He glanced towards the kitchen. There had been plant seeds in the truck. Grain and some vegetables. He wasn’t a farmer, but he was quite sure he would figure out how to make them grow. All he had to do was to clear the land around the bunker.

Soft rap against the doorframe woke her from her slumber just in time before she slid under the surface of the soapy water. She sat up, then promptly slid back down until soapy suds floating on the surface of the water covered her from neck down. Door opened and Logan stepped in.
“Brought you some towels.” He placed them to the bench next to the tub. Then he just stood there, staring at her.
“What?” She was still slightly angry. And little unsure of how he felt.
“Nothing,” he said, turned and left, closing the door.

She was angry. No wonder. He had only been genuinely amazed that people like her still existed, but words had left his mouth in a wrong way. And now she thought he was laughing at her.
“Shit.” He had to figure out a way to make her understand. He wasn’t exactly well known and appraised for his ability to apologize.

She was in the shower, rinsing off the remnants of the soap when Logan walked in again. He took the towels from the bench and sat on it.
“I’m sorry.”
“For what? Being Peeping-Tom?” Marie asked, trying to cover her body with her hands.
“No. The earlier. In the kitchen. I wasn’t laughing at you. I’m sorry if it sounded like that.”
“Uh… Apology accepted. Could you give me a towel?”
“Why? There’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

He had been so determined to apologize, that he really hadn’t even noticed her lack of clothing. Now he stood up, discarded the towels to the bench and walked to her.
“Don’t… Give me a towel…” She wasn’t even trying to cover her private parts. She was trying to hide the scars. He took her hands and led her away from the shower. Angry bruises on her shoulders enhanced the scars on there. Rest of those were mere white patches on her pale, soft skin.
“I’m sorry for putting them on you, but you’re not ugly,” he said, crouching in front of her and nuzzling his face against the palm print on her stomach. His hands went around her waist and secured her there when she tried to escape.

She wanted to hide. More than anything she wanted to hide her disfigured, scarred skin. Logan wasn’t letting her.
“Could you please give me a towel?” She asked, voice trembling.
“No. I want to look at you. I want to touch you. Let me?” He spoke against the skin of her stomach.
“You’re so soft and beautiful…” she hid her face to her palms in utter humiliation. Nobody, nobody had touched her like this before. Nobody had ever seen the full extent of her injuries. Earlier, in the desert she had been blinded by her need to feel and touch, but now, in here, all she could think about was that Logan had to be lying. Nobody could look at her and say those words. Nobody could call something so ugly soft and beautiful.

Logan turned her gently around, placing a kiss to her lower back, giving the scar there a small, quick lick. Earlier sweat, dust and grime had masked her scent and taste of her skin nearly completely, but now he could smell only vanilla and peppermint. Taste only vanilla mixing with salt and copper. He didn’t know, but he was quite positive that those were combinations he wouldn’t find anywhere else. They belonged to Marie. He let go of her right hip and touched the scar that run over her shoulder blades, pausing in the middle. Vertebrae. Some sort of angel had been watching over her that night. Her shoulder blades were little higher than her vertebrae, and skin on top of it was flawless. Untouched. Had his smoldering bones touched there he could have easily crippled her. He placed a kiss to there, sending silent thank you for what ever higher deity that had given them some mercy that night. He turned her around again. She wasn’t hiding behind her hands anymore, but deep blush colored her cheeks.

“Why do you do this?” She managed to squeak. Logan’s eyes locked to hers. Small golden flecks swimming in brown pools.
“It feels so good to be like this. To touch you. I haven’t… I don’t touch people. Not like this. Do you want me to stop?” she wanted to say yes. One small word, and he would have given her a towel. She could have left. She could have put on her clothes. A safe shield from people’s gazes.
“Don’t stop.”

She had tried to sound sure and mature. Her voice betrayed her. She was shivering from standing so long wet from the shower. Words came out as trembling as her earlier plea for a towel.
“We don’t have to… I’m not going to force you…” Logan started. She silenced him by placing a kiss to his lips.
“I’m cold.”
“I’ll warm you up…” Logan whispered smiling; reaching for a towel and wrapped it around her shoulders before taking another and started toweling her long locks dry.

She brushed his face with her fingertips, drawing a path from his eyebrows down to his cheeks and from there to his neck, leaning closer to kiss him again. Kiss grew more bolder when he let the towel slide to the floor and replaced it with his bare fingers, wrapping the silky, damp strands of her hair around them, massaging her scalp lightly. She parted her lips instinctively, and his tongue licked a quick taste from hers. They were both trembling, and out of breath.
“Bedroom?” Logan asked.
“Bedroom,” she affirmed. She wanted to continue. To undress him and explore his body like he had done to her. Cold and wet floor of the bathroom was even less practical and appealing than the open desert.

“Take your clothes off,” Marie asked. He was more than willing to comply. He wanted to feel her bare skin against his, feel those soft corves pressing against him. Let her scent rub on him. Let his scent rub on her. He undressed quickly and lay on the bed next to her.
“Can I touch you?” Marie asked.
“I want you to…” His voice broke to incoherent murmur when she let her nails graze his forearm.
“Don’t…” He hissed and took a hold from her wrist.
“Did it hurt?”
“No. But don’t.”
“Okay…”

She concentrated to other parts of him more thoroughly, touching, watching and tasting every inch of him. All the while he continued his interrupted expedition on her body, paying serious attention every time she had to stop and moan, memorizing those spots for future use. Small room was soon filled with the scents of their arousals. Finally he had to give up. He could only lay under her and try to remember how to breathe. He hadn’t experienced anything like this before. Gentle kisses and touches all over his body, her skin whispering over his like softest silk.
“Oh, God…” Surprisingly strong fingers wrapped around his erect cock, stroking it little hesitantly, feeling the shaft, sliding over the weeping head. Soon movements got bolder. Strange, yet somehow familiar tightening feeling started to grow at the pit of his stomach.
“Stop…”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you…”

Logan chuckled softly.
“It didn’t hurt. Let me show you…” He turned on his side and pushed Marie on her back, letting his gaze sweep over her body before he bent his head and kissed her, letting his hand wander to her breasts. Fingers teased her already hard nipples and she mewled, rubbing her thighs together.
“Feels good?” She could only nod and gasp when he replaced his hand with his mouth, sucking, licking and nibbling the skin, lips finally closing around one nipple while his hand traveled lower. His fingers brushed over her lower curls. Questioning gaze met her eyes.
“Can I?” She grabbed his hair and pulled his head back to her breasts.
“Yes…”

She parted her legs to grant him better access. One finger parted her already slick folds carefully, diving deeper. Slow and light caresses that made her squirm and grasp his hair, his shoulders, and sheets. Anything. She was nearly sobbing when he found her core, sliding that finger in and pumping it in and out. She needed more.
“Please…”
“Can we…? Can I…?”
“I want you inside of me.”

He crawled between her legs, lying carefully on top of her. His cock slid between her folds, nice and warm.
“Am I too heavy?” He asked. He wasn’t a small man, and seeing her under him, almost pixie-like creature made him worried.
“No… Oh…” She wrapped her legs around his waist, and the tip of his cock sunk in to her, making them both gasp in unison. She pulled him closer, feeling him sliding deeper. At first it felt strange, even painful. Something was stretching and tearing inside of her. She bit her lip when he moved, stifling a whimper that tried to escape.

She was scorching hot and tight, pulsing around him. He could smell blood. Not much of it, but it was enough to start to worry.
“Am I hurting you?” He asked, rising on his elbows. Marie shook her head.
“Just a little. But I think it’s supposed to be like that on the first time. Just… Just… Ah!” He had felt her tensing under him while she spoke. Now she pulled him down on her with sudden movement, and he could feel his whole length sinking in to her.
“Marie?”
“I’m fine. Stay still for a while…”

It was already getting better. That pinching and tearing feeling had disappeared. Only small soreness and ache lingered. He was exactly where she needed him to be. Hard, solid column in her core.
“How about we both try to relax and breath?” Logan suggested. She hadn’t noticed it earlier, but Logan was actually shivering like a leaf, and he looked a bit pale.
“I don’t want to hurt you,” he whispered, trying to back away from her.
“Don’t go. Stay.” She wrapped her hands around him, urging him to lie on top of her.
“I want you there. I want to feel you.”
“Let me go. Now,” Logan growled, face only inches from hers, nearly baring his teeth.