Author's Chapter Notes:
Uh, forgot. Adam/Camo belongs to me. Logan and Marie... Grr... They do not.
Cabin looked undisturbed, everything on the front porch exactly like he left it when he went inside to eat with Marie. Door was closed. When he tried to open it, he found it locked. He had installed a crude lock on it, holders on both sides of the doorframe, and sturdy branch to lift on top of them when they slept. Again Marie screamed. Not even a word anymore, just a scream. He threw his full weight against the door once, twice, before it gave up and opened, revealing their one-room home, Marie standing on the bed and screaming her lungs out. Scanning the cabin even as he crossed the floor with long stride and pulled Marie to his arms he found nothing unusual. Nothing threatening. Just usual scents, him and Marie, wood, smoke, mice that lived under the floorboards, scents coming from outside only those he had come to relate to this place.

“Something was outside. At first I thought it was you. Then it started sniffing and scratching the door and…”
“Marie, calm down. It was probably just a fox. I have seen couple of those running around,” Logan tried to calm her, cradling her against his chest, but she pushed away from him and threw him an icy glare.
“Foxes do not growl and curse before running off. Well, growl, maybe, but I’m quite sure ‘fuck’ isn’t part of their vocabulary.”

His hackles rose. He let go of Marie and stood up. Walked stiffly to the front porch and drew in scent. And there was big fat nothing. Nothing at all. But that didn’t mean a thing. He had been wrong before. He hadn’t caught the scent of the other Destroyer, the one that had made them leave his bunker. Nostrils flared again, claws shot out from their sheaths and before he realized what he was doing, railing of the porch and front door were decorated with distinctive marks gauged by his claws. Huff, snort and roar with bared teeth, directed to nobody, and to everybody, and claws slid back in and he felt little more himself again. More in control. Safe enough to go back in, where Marie was waiting, her scent telling she understood the situation better than him.

“Adam. It was Adam.” As soon as whisper left her lips, Logan grimaced.
“Fucker can’t be that durable. You obliterated that place.” Couldn’t be. Shouldn’t be. If he was, they were truly, utterly fucked.
“Has there been anything about him in this?” Logan asked picking up the book Marie had discarded earlier. Marie shook her head.
“But I haven’t read it all. I just got to the part where doctor… Mom decided to move in here,” she said.
“We have some studying to do tonight. But first I’m going to fix that door. At least it will slow him down a little if he tries to come and get you.”

“Camo. He’s really called Camo. Adam is only his code name for this project,” Marie said. Logan had been tinkering with the door, trying to find a best way to block it. Marie had been reading, skimming through the book with fast pace.
“Let me see,” Logan asked, reaching for the book.

**… We came across few suitable specimens, results of earlier programs. One of them especially caught our interest. Camo. Fast healer, able to change his outer appearance and scent. Strong. With enhanced senses. Intelligent. Able to turn to invisible brief periods of time. Those abilities combined with Eve’s…**

Logan slammed the book shut, snorting from disgust when sharp metallic tang of fear settled to his tongue. That thing was something else. As if somebody had designed it to fool the likes of him. He wouldn’t be able to see or smell him. Not before he got too close. And there had been no information about his aggressive abilities. Stuff that had been listed was purely defensive mutations, much like Marie’s skin. There had to be something more. Because things the book described could have been written about Logan.

“If it’s him, he won’t try anything in two-three weeks,” Logan said. Marie quirked a questioning eyebrow to him.
“He’s after you because he wants to mate. There’s no use doing that if you’re not ready for it. He will wait until the BC-shot they gave you wears off. After that…” He didn’t have to finish his sentence. Marie’s mind filled the blank. Image of a beast-like man insane from lust, barging through the door Logan had kicked in just few hours ago made her whimper.
“I won’t let him get to you. I’ll find him and take care of him before anything happens. He won’t get his paws on you, I promise.” He was going to keep that promise. No matter what it would take, he would keep it.
“And from now on, I won’t let you out of my sight. We start doing things together again.” For the past week Marie had been reading, arranging the cabin and wandering around in the forest for her own amusement while Logan had been patrolling and hunting. That was going to end.
“We’ll hunt together…”

Marie slept few hours they had left before the sunrise on the bed, fully clothed. Logan lay curled on his side, facing the door and Marie curled against his back. He had spread a thin layer of sand to the floor, hoping that if he were wrong about his earlier assessment of Camo and fucker decided to come for Marie, he would see his tracks in the sand and could locate him before he got too close. Hunt together? Now, there was a joke. Play bait together would be more appropriate. He wasn’t going to search Camo. It would be futile. Logan was going to prod and poke his senses until that bastard had no other choice but to come forward and reveal himself.

“No. Take them off.” Marie threw a hesitant glance towards him. Logan had been acting all weird after she had woken up. Now she was getting dressed, ever present adamantium chain mail sliding against her skin when she was tugging on jeans and a t-shirt.
“Off?” She asked puzzled.
“Everything except the mail. Off. Now.”
“Okay…” She really didn’t think it was appropriate attire, but if it was what Logan wanted…
“Put your boots on.” Ugly, clunky and sturdy shoes with a worn look on them. She would need them if Camo came to play. Soles of her feet were too soft to run through woods barefoot.
“Weren’t we supposed to go hunting?” Marie asked when Logan shrugged off his shirt, leaving only his jeans and boots on.
“We are going to hunt. My way…”

She barely got out of the cabin when Logan suddenly pushed her hard enough to send her on her hands and knees in front of the porch.
“Hey! Ow!” she started to get up, but Logan was on her in a flash, pushing her to the ground with his foot. She could feel the sole of his boot through the mail she wore.
“Logan! What the…” One hand tangled to her hair and other clamped over her mouth. Logan was now crouching over her, bending her neck almost painfully and leaning closer. Close enough to lick her earlobe and give her throat a small nip, growling and purring.
“I won’t hurt you…” She could hear him whisper almost inaudibly, but it was clear he wasn’t going to explain his actions.
“Oh, God…” She whimpered when Logan’s palm left her mouth and slid under the mail, grasping her breasts roughly and tweaking her nipples.

He couldn’t deny it. Sight of Marie, on her hands and knees in front of him made his blood boil and every part of him harden in a new way. He wanted her like this. Helpless, defenseless, completely at his mercy. He knew this would have worked better if she was naked, but mail was for protection. Boots gave her protection from Camo. Mail protected Marie from Logan himself.

He was still forcing her to stay down, head bent uncomfortably backwards, his knee pressing against her back and one of his hands kneading her breasts.
“I’m going to make you come. I’m going to make you scream my name. Then I’m going to fuck you until you scream no more. You’re mine, and after this you will smell like it, too…” Logan murmured with a low, surprisingly loud voice, and suddenly it clicked. She realized what he was doing. She let out a low moan and arched her back before rolling around carefully. Logan was now straddling her ribcage, one fist still tangled firmly to her hair.
“Take me. Make me yours…” She pleaded, rubbing his thighs.
“On your fucking knees!” Logan growled, yanked her around and gave her buttocks a swift slap. Then the hand fondling her breasts pulled her harshly against his chest, knee shoved her legs apart and she could feel his other hand disappearing between them, fingers spreading her lower lips none too gently.
“Logan…” Dull teeth lodged over her throat with a furious snarl, forcing her to silence again.

He knew he was taking this too far. Even when her scent told him she wasn’t afraid or hurt, this was the ultimate humiliation. He closed his eyes. Marie. It was Marie. He was baiting Camo, but it was Marie in his hands. Her tight, slick core around his finger. He withdrew that finger and found her clit, already swollen. He could hear her soft gasp when he slid the pad of his finger over it.
“That’s it… It’s me. It’s just me, Marie. I’m not going to hurt you…” He could only hope Camo wouldn’t hear his whispered assurances. Marie was shivering and spreading her legs even further apart.
“Logan, please…”

Suddenly he let go of her, letting her fall to the ground and stood up.
“Look up.” Her mind and body were still reeling from the feelings his rough handling had woken.
“Look the fuck up!” Command was spoken more harshly and she made a conscious effort to obey. Logan was staring at her, heated gaze flicking every now and then to the surrounding forest. Thin sheen of perspiration covered his skin. His cock was straining at his jeans, and he was stroking the bulge lazily.
“You want this?” He asked.
“Do you want this?” He growled when she didn’t answer. Marie nodded, unable to form a coherent sentence.
“Say it. Tell me what you want.” She crawled to him on her hands and knees, grasping his thigh and nuzzling her face against the denim of his jeans. Logan shrugged her off, still stroking himself.
“What do you want?” He repeated his question again.
“I… Take me. Fill me,” she managed to moan.
“I will,” Logan snarled, pushing her on her knees again. She could hear him opening his jeans.
“Up. Stand up.” She did as she was told. Logan’s hands landed on her shoulders and bent her forward until she had to lean against the railing of the porch for support. With one swift stroke Logan slammed his cock inside of her. Claws erupted from his knuckles, making his grip from her shoulders tighten painfully, and she could hear his roar, and her own scream echoing through the woods surrounding the cabin.

Another animalistic sound drowned the echo they had created. Something impacted to them from the side, tearing them apart. Marie scurried hiding under the cabin. Logan was down, but unharmed and conscious. Air around him was rippling, like on a hot day above tar. Something was circling him, howling and wailing furiously. Camo had taken the bait.