“So, what do we do now?” Marie asked. They had woken up, and were sitting in the kitchen. Logan had surprised her again. He had presented her curious looking black, hot liquid. Coffee. She knew tea, but coffee she had never tasted before. It tasted bitter, but yet something in it tickled her taste buds like nothing had before.
“I have to fix up the truck.”
“What’s wrong with it?” Marie asked, taking a careful sip from the steaming cup.
“Everything. Have to strip it bare and build it back from the scratch. Right now it screams ‘Army Property’.”
“Can I help?” She asked. Logan tilted his head.
“I don’t know. Know anything about trucks?”
“No. But I have worked in a garage. Few years ago. I was painting cars.”

It was a long and tiring day. First they had driven the truck to an underground garage. Then they had started working on it. Even though garage was well equipped, at the end of the day they had only managed to remove truck’s outer shell, armored plates that shielded its cargo and passengers from bullets.

“Those bastards weigh a ton!” Marie panted, sitting on a workbench. She watched as Logan extracted the last plate and dragged it to the side, bare skin of his upper body gleaming from sweat and grease, muscles rippling and bulging from exertion.
“Tomorrow we’ll start with the frame. Lower it a little and I was thinking we could turn the lorry enclosed. But that’s tomorrow. I’m fucking too old for this shit…” Logan groaned, wiping his face with the remains of his T-shirt.
“You’re not too old,” Marie giggled.
“Yeah. I am. I was one of the first Destroyers ever made,” Logan grunted, completely serious.
“But that’s… That’s not possible!” Marie gasped.
“I was eight years when I manifested. Two years before the War begun. They carted me to training when I was eleven.”
“That would make you… How old it would make you?” Marie asked, scrunching her forehead.
“Close to hundred years.”
“You don’t look that old.”

“Without the army I would probably look like eleven. My mutation prevents me from aging. They suppressed it, to keep me growing until I was big and strong enough for their purposes,” Logan said. Marie shivered. Suddenly the godlike body next to hers didn’t look so appealing and arousing anymore.
“First couple weeks I was sick like a dog. It felt horrible. Then I got used to it. In a way I’m glad at that it happened,” Logan continued.
“You’re happy that Army caught you?” Marie whispered, not believing her ears.
“Without them I would still be a kid. Grown man in a kid’s body. And I have a feeling I would be even more messed up than I already am…” For a moment they sat side by side in silence.
“So, that’s about it. Lets go and get cleaned up. I’m hungry,” Logan said, hopping down from the bench.

“I think I’ll take a bath,” Marie said, stretching her arms and legs while they walked towards living quarters of Logan’s lair as she had started to call it.
“Do you mind if I join you?” Logan asked.
“Didn’t you want to keep some distance between us?” Marie asked puzzled.
“It’s just a bath, Marie.”

They washed most of the grit and filth off in the shower while they waited the tub to fill.
“Let me help you with that…” Logan said, taking the soap from Marie when she tried to reach her back. His soapy hands slid over her skin, fingers massaging sore and tired muscles. She nearly fell to asleep under Logan’s ministrations.
“That feels good,” she moaned, closing her eyes.
“Yeah… I’ll go and get us something to eat. You just hop in the tub…” Logan’s voice was little hoarse, but she thought nothing out of it. They were both just tired. Eating in the tub proved to be a good idea. Some tinned vegetables, dried, salted fish, and dried fruits and nuts for dessert. They were both too tired to cook.

“I think I might never get out of here…”
“Soon we have to. Water’s cooling down,” Logan murmured, leaning to the brim of the tub, head thrown backwards, eyes closed.
“Or we could add more hot water,” Marie suggested scooting closer to the faucet. Her legs brushed against Logan’s and they both flinched slightly.
“Shit…” Logan hissed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.
“Just remembered that I was going to check the chimney today. Forgot all about it…”
“Can’t you do it tomorrow?” Marie asked.
“Yeah. I guess I can. It’s not like we don’t have time,” Logan said smiling lightly and reached for the drain at the bottom of the tub, opening it.
“Come on, get out of there for a minute,” he said, helping Marie getting up from the tub. She stood at the brim of it, shivering. Logan plugged the drain and started to fill the tub again.
“Now, where did I put it…” He muttered, rummaging through cabinet that stood next to the tub.
“There.” He took out a small bottle made of glass. There was yellow, almost golden liquid inside of it.
“Honey and beeswax,” he said opening the faucet and adjusting it little warmer than their earlier bath, pouring some of the liquid in to the water.
“You worked pretty hard. You will be sore in the morning. This should help you to relax,” he explained when they lowered themselves back to the tub.

Logan had been right. She already felt her muscles start to stiffen when she lay on the bed. Scent of honey wafting around her, and soft feeling it left on her skin made it little better. She couldn’t remember the last time her skin had felt so pure and warm. It was practically glowing in the dim light the lamps provided to the bedroom. She had expected it to leave a sticky surface, but Logan had explained that hot water helped the honey to soak in to her skin, leaving only very thin layer of beeswax to the surface. Both honey and wax contained pain-relieving substances. She closed her eyes, small smile tugging the corners of her mouth. She had thought earlier, in the garage that it would be impossible for Logan to look any more attractive, sweat beading on his skin and muscles straining, but after they had gotten out of the tub she had nearly swallowed her tongue. Honey and wax coating had enhanced his already tanned skin, and helped to outline every muscle, tendon and bone in his body. She remembered Logan mentioning that he had enhanced senses and she blushed slightly. He most likely had been able to smell her reaction to him.

He curled on the mattress he had spread in front of the fireplace. He really hadn’t needed that last part of their bath. He could have drawn it just for Marie and let her enjoy it alone. At first he had intended to do so. But seeing her, immersed in the water, her nostrils flaring lightly, eyes closed and whole body relaxed, he had been unable to resist. Scent of honey and beeswax still clung to his skin. Same scent wafted from the bedroom where she slept. His lids felt heavy, but he didn’t want to sleep. Not yet. It felt so good just lay in peace and listen the small sounds she made in her sleep. She was a quiet sleeper. Hardly breathing, shifting only now and then and murmuring in her sleep so quietly that even his superior hearing couldn’t catch the meaning of those words she spoke.

He wanted to go to there. Lay in the bed next to her. Keep her close. But it was better this way. Better to wait, and learn. Earlier fiasco of their attempted lovemaking made him almost blush, something he never did. It really had been too soon. Even if their bodies didn’t agree with their minds. After their bath it had been quite evident how much she wanted him. And for a moment he had pondered weather to take her in the bathroom, or in the bedroom. Soft golden glow on her skin, aroma of her arousal mixing with honey. Half hooded eyes scanning his body hungrily.
“Fuck.” He sat up, gaze shifting from the fireplace to the closed bedroom door.

“Hi. What’s the matter?” She asked, surprised to see Logan standing at the doorstep, black, woolen quilt wrapped around his shoulders.
“Can I sleep with you?” He asked.
“We already shared a bath. I don’t see why it would be a problem,” Marie said, lifting a blanket she lay under and patting the empty space on the bed next to her. Logan suppressed a growl that threatened to escape. She slept nude, just like him.
“Do you want me to put on some clothes?” He asked. Marie shook her head.
“Just come to bed.”

And it was only natural to crawl under the same blanket and pull her close, her back against his chest, buttocks against his crotch, legs tangling together with his.