Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks as always to Jen, Pete/Melissa, Dot, and Meg. Written for Jennie, who requested "Logan, hair conditioner, rapture."
Rogue had been gone three days already, off to Nebraska to help with the aftermath of a tornado. Logan rolled his neck and shoulders under the hot spray of the shower, attempting to work out some of the kinks.

He hated it when she was off on a mission without him. Not only did he worry she'd get hurt, he hated sleeping without her curled up in his arms. And his right hand was no match for the soft, wet heat of her body.

He washed his hair, then poured some of her conditioner into his hand. He loved the way it smelled in her hair, soft and flowery, not of harsh chemicals like some of the products women used. Then he slicked his hand over his cock, already hard and aching from the scent he associated with her so strongly. The warm water was a poor substitute for the heat of her body, but he'd make do.

He jacked himself firmly, quickly, leaning against the cool tile, eyes closed so he could imagine it was her gloved hand touching him, stroking him to rapture.

He came with a grunt and slumped against the wall, letting the water wash him clean, but leaving the scent of conditioner and sex mingling in the air, so he could imagine she'd been there with him.

"Hey, sugar."

He started, claws extending.

"Logan, don't shred the shower curtain. I really like it."

Instead of cutting it down, he pushed the flowered plastic aside to see Rogue standing by the sink, looking tired, her leather uniform covered in dirt.

"How'd you--" It wasn't easy to sneak up on him, especially for her.

She smirked. "You were kinda busy."

"Uh--"

"I take it you missed me."

"Yeah, darlin'."

She smiled slow and sweet as she unzipped the leather uniform. His body responded, the healing factor an asset in these situations.

The leather hit the floor, leaving her clad in a sheer black body stocking that would protect them both from her skin and still let him see and touch her.

"Got room in there for one more?"

"Always."

She stepped into the shower and he inhaled her scent as he wrapped his arms around her.

He hated it when she was gone, but her coming home was always a joy.

end