Author's Chapter Notes:
These next few chapters will be a part of an entire day broken up into sections, this one deals with the hours from dawn to morning. The enemy is at the gates and 'things fall apart, the centre cannot hold'.
"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" W.B. Yeats

Hank had been talking with Logan nearly all night, the man had some decent arguements but his paranoia wasn't something he'd agree with. Yes what Xavier had done was unforgivable but surely the destruction that he expected to arrive was nothing more than a fantasy from the disturbed mind in front of him. Thing was Rogue seemed to agree with him, she'd been more than forceful in her own arguements about her friend Kitty. She was adamant that someone should be looking after her, someone who knew the problems a fully mutant child could have.
He had to admit his curiosity had been peaked by the information, he'd seen both of them in the kitchen and looking at the two young adults (and finding out about their mutations from Rogue) it did pose a few questions for him.

Inside he was torn from getting as far away from here as possible and seeing this out to the bitter end. If what he'd read was true then he too was tainted by the things Xavier had done. His research was off the back of 'donated' samples, which were nothing of the kind, samples of organs he'd dissected were now evidence of torture and mutilation. Which as a doctor had made his mind reel away from the evidence, it went against everything he felt about his profession. He was a man to aid life, not destroy it, not to excise what was different or strange. Life was life, whether it was scaled or smooth, pink or blue skinned, tall or short. His business was saving it and his answer had come to him when he'd been wrestling with that one; he'd stay.
As vile as Xavier was the men who'd used him to gain power were worse; if he could save one life from the mess that would come down from this nightmare then he'd do it. Besides where else would he find such people and the resources to do what he could here? Decision made he'd finally closed his eyes just after 3.30 am, laid out on a sofa in the cabin he'd been invited to. The occassional squeak above him told of the night-time revolvings of the occupants upstairs. Closing his eyes Hank settled down for a rest, a few hours sleep would do him good, at least here he wouldn't have an intern disturbing him about a culture that had done something 'odd'.


Winds shifted and moved around the group that was a mere solidification of the darkness around them, they'd been dropped by a helicopter nearly five miles north of the target area. His men instantly dove for cover, several using the large trees around them, laying flat against the largest branches. Their shapes lost in the leafy darkness, he sensed them all, their minds were clear, sharp, focussed. When they were hunting they always had an extra 'edge', it was the gift from their commander. He called them his 'children' or his 'sons', when in reality they were augmented soldiers. Men who were considered 'too
dangerous' psyhcologically by the rest of the army, he'd recruited them to his project. He expected complete loyalty, those who didn't disappeared and the rumours of the dog pens had been born. He'd seen them in action and he believed everything he heard now, the twenty men under his command followed the rules to the letter. He hadn't lost anyone yet and he wouldn't here, signalling with his hands his men flowed toward his position.

Even as they approached he could see their eye shine, their eyes looking like wolves coming together for a hunt. As soon as they were seated, tension riding through their frames, some twitching with eagerness to be off. He gave the signals to his men, telling them that the target lay five miles south, that they would do a two pronged attack just before dawn. One at the front and one through the roof, he signalled for weapons check, several guns were suddenly on show. Knives were the rest, they were here to collect *live* subjects so gunfire should be kept at a minimum. Any level two's or ones would be put to sleep using body strength, they were children after all and shouldn't cause too much trouble. The group broke up into it's respective components, they all had targets to aquire and by 7.30am they should be awaiting pick up six miles west from these co-ordinates with their cargo.

Raising himself off the lush ground he gave the signal to commence their attack, a smile on his face that had more to do with death than humour.

***************************************************************************************

Jubes was awake, her mind was still reeling with the information she'd overheard between the new doc and Ro'. So she'd done a little snooping of her own, Kitty's laptop wasn't very secure at the best of times and this time was no different. She'd scrolled through the usual bumf of her journal until she'd hit the most recent and the files that were with it. 'Password protected' it had said but then Kitty's passwords were usually something in Russian. And being the resourceful woman she was she's begun to keep a Russian to English dictionary in her side table drawer. Pulling it out she'd tried all the usual mushy things, 'lover', 'darling', 'big', 'muscular', it had been after an hour of frustrating effort that she'd hit on the word. 'Betrayal', it had been the password and the information had opened up to her eyes.

All the dates, names, files, money, times and places where deals had been made. It made her head swim, that something like this had been going on behind closed doors. That Xavier had been selling those he couldn't manipulate or use for experimentation; others he'd just dumped back into the world even more lost and alone. There was no reason for this surely, but then her mind went back to the things she'd heard from the kids that had stayed for a while before running. That there were things she'd never understand, that she was blind, she was a sheep in wolves clothing.

Now she was beginning to understand, she'd locked onto the files that covered Logans own trips out. Each one was logged on here, a file number linked to a picture, there were hundreds. It made her situation seem like a fairy tale, there had been a Blue Beard in their midst. A child killer but one who'd been working on the orders of an Ogre, one who just happened to look like a fragile old man. She'd been there when Logan had emptied his soul to them all, telling them why he'd done it. He'd done it to keep Rogue safe and she'd been safe up until Xavier hadn't wanted her safe, he'd wanted her to choose and she had.

When Rogue had gone with Logan, everyone had expected to hear of her death by Logan's hand, even her. But knowing that most of the impressions she had of Logan had been 'implanted' made her blood boil. Since Xavier had been knocked out by the cocktail of drugs Hank had given him her mind had been clearer than it ever had been. Now she had something to compare to she'd realised her mind hadn't been her own for nearly three years. Oh she'd been happy, of that she was sure but she hadn't really questioned *anything*, she'd just accepted it. Now she was free from the invading influence her mind was making up for lost time.
She'd searched for her own file on the database but it hadn't been there, that was a small mercy at least. But Rogue's had been on there as well as Logan's, there were projections of offspring from the two of them. It had been sickening reading, to see the manipulation that had been awaiting the pair.

When she'd had enough she'd switched off the computer and her mind had begun to whirl, all the things she'd taken for granted were gone. Her mind had begun to piece together the things she'd seen but never thought much about. The way Jean had always been there, at a cost to her relationship with Scott, the way Scott had always been a kind of brother figure for everyone. Being the responsible adult figure, the one all the boys wanted to be, Jean the perfect model for the girls. Any who didn't fit the model were expelled, her mind instantly jumped to John.

John the firestarter, the kid with the deep eyes that had spoken of so much grief and pain. He'd tried to fit in, tried to be 'good' but he'd been needy, wanted something more than the people here were willing to give him. So he'd run, taken some jewellery and split, she'd seen him with The Brotherhood soon after. She'd tried to speak to him but Scott had stopped her dead, he was 'the enemy' now. At the time she hadn't questioned it, he'd turned his back on them and stolen things that had meant something to someone.
But now she was looking from the outside in and suddenly the image of a Stepford Wife popped up in her mind. They were being turned into cookie cutter people, everyone the same, everyone saying the same things, everyone justifying their standpoint by using the chaos of the rest of the world around them. The chaos they *helped* to cause, the Beta team made up of the brightest and best of the elder students. Those who were deemed *safe* to go out and spread the message of tolerance between mutants and humans, as long as you behaved in the right way. Somehow the line between Magneto and Xavier was no longer there, they'd been the same just the opposing faces of the same entity.

Pushing herself up off her bed her eyes caught the clock blinking its bright red digits to the darkness.
4.00am, wiping her face with her hands she rubbed some life back into her skin. She'd get ready for the day, this one she was sure she'd get through herself, with her mind clear for the first time in an age. Heading for the shower as the first pieces of light filtered through the darkness, turning the lawns a deep grey against the dark of the tree line.


*****************************************************************************************

Their approach had been silent, a wide arc and they'd managed to get within a half mile of the mansion when the first trap had been sprung. A swing made of a sapling tied back with a set of three sharpened stakes on it, the man who'd triggered it had been watching his step. Yet it hadn't saved him the pain of having the points ram through his body. One was lodged in his thigh, the other two were in his abdomen, the points just poking through the skin at the back. In his defence the solider hadn't made a sound, just the thwack of the wood righting itself and the soft sound of rupturing flesh. When he'd gone over to see him, death was already chasing around the man's eyes. He'd snapped his neck for him, ending the suffering for him, but anger was beginning to form in his muscle. The sounds of other traps springing all along the front edge of their attack drew his attention, the sounds of falling bodies and the crash of a large object falling made him run the entire length of the line. He'd lost three men to the traps, one nearly decapitated by a wire noose. It had been strung through a vine, forcing the man to walk through it and catching under his chin. The bent sapling springing and taking the knot that tightened the noose high up while the man's feet were ensnared by a second loop. Stringing him like a bow, the flesh around his neck severed through, only the bone of his spine keeping him from losing his head completely.
Whoever had set these knew what they were doing and that changed *everything*, the rest of his men were gathered up, some had cuts and torn uniforms where they'd just avoided the traps left for them. He signalled for a group assault, they'd go in as a force, the first plan was shot, if these had been left then someone was expecting them. He'd already lost men and he wasn't going to lose any more, his face was a grimace of anger as they moved slowly toward the edge of the forest. The school ahead of them, it's rooms still dark on this side, the dawn was coming and he wanted to be in before light really showed itself. Someone would pay for his men's death, the rest of the men were eager to get there but they had to test every piece of ground from where they were to the edge of the forest. He signalled to everyone to get on with it, they had a job to do and they'd not failed yet, losses would be dealt with. As they began a light went on over to the east of the mansion, the lake cabin's outside light flicked on before being switched off again.

***************************************************************************************

Logan wasn't sleeping, he was 'resting' a state of mind where he just closed his eyes and his brain went into a kind of alert slumber. Sleeping was something else entirely, he dreamed then, this was what he used to keep alert when he was on huntng missions. After talking to McCoy downstairs he'd come to bed to find Marie wrapped up in the covers and hogging the bed. Slipping himself around her he'd closed his eyes but not shed clothing, there was something 'wrong' and he wouldn't let himself relax until the kids were out of here tomorrow. As soon as they were ready they were heading out, away from here and hopefully to Emma's place. Marie had told him what Jubilee had said about Magneto and The Brotherhood, the kids couldn't cope with firepower like that, so they needed to be out of here as soon as.

His mind was just going over the possibilities of using the trucks when he picked up the sound of one of the logs going over. He'd stacked dry wood under the drop, the snap would carry over still air for at least a mile, something he'd be able to pick up on. Alert he let the sound come over the still air to his ears, filtering out Marie's breathing and the sounds of the house. Opening his eyes he went to the open window, leaned out and listened to the world waking up. It was times like this that he loved his nature, the way's he'd listen to the world around him. So he could distinguish normal from odd, the birds weren't singing in the stand where he'd laid the deadfall trap. His eyes searched the treeline, looking beyond it into the greyness that was now changing into the multicolored greens of the forest. Where there had been an opening of light before there was shadow today, lifitng his nose to the still air he breathed in. Faint on the winds that flowed from the forest to the lake, was the copper tang of blood. Whatever it belonged to had been injured by the traps the kids had set, a group of shadow shifted as the light got better and Logan saw what he'd been dreading appear. A human head, covered in deep grey material, no helmet but obviously a soldier.

Turning to Marie he woke her silently, a hand on her mouth to quell her voice. As her eyes cleared he just nodded to her and pointed outside, she mouthed 'Now?' he just nodded to her and let her get up. He watched as she dressed in deep colours, tied her hair back and put on her boots. When she was ready to go they both went downstairs, Logan left Marie to wake their guest while he went outside to go and check what he'd seen was real.

Marie moved quickly to the large furred man on her sofa, he looked like a bear to her eyes sleeping through the winter. So when she began to shake him awake his mouth was the first thing to open, "What is it no...." She pushed her gloved fingers over his mouth and saw his eyes shoot open as she did it. She put her own finger upto her mouth and mimed 'shhh', Logan returned to the room his face dark with anger. Marie waved at Hank to get up and he did so without too much trouble, Logan looked at the two of them and pointed to the mansion. He wanted them there, he'd try to take out as many as possible but there might be others already working toward the other side of the building. Nodding she pulled Hank with her as they went toward the back door, seeing a light switch Hank did what he usually did, he flicked it on. Hissing in annoyance Marie snapped it back off, Logan just growled at him, snapping his blades free he slunk outside. Hoping to God that no one had seen the light go on and off, he went to do a little hunting.

*******************************************************

Jubilee got down to the kitchen, only to find Ro' asleep on the kitchen table, her skin red and puffy around the eyes. She'd obviously fallen asleep down here after dinner, snapping off the main light Jubilee just used the minor under cabinet lighting. If she woke her up by using the kitchen it'd be less of a shock to her eyes, she couldn't help but hate the woman a little. Yet she'd been a victim just as much as they had, it hadn't softened her view though. Ro' had been here longer than she had, she'd given her advice about living here, how to 'fit in'. Now it seemed as if the woman in front of her had never even belonged in the first place. Snorting through her nose Jubilee made coffee, her eyes noticing the clock above the fridge, the hands reading 5.15am. Yawning she put the water in and set to making her breakfast, she always had a good breakfast, besides the kids would be up in about an hour. She wanted them to have at least one person around them that knew what was going on. Outside the edge of the trees got a new shadow, men lining up waiting for a signal to run across the open ground toward the windows of the ground floor. Unseen by Jubilee as she watched the coffee drip through the filter into the pot, wishing she knew how to use the expresso machine so she wouldn't have to wait so long. Stifling a yawn she kept her gaze at the pot as the front door opened and shut, the sound only just being registered by her sluggish mind.

*********************************************************

Marie led Hank over the ground quickly, keeping low they both ran for the front door, Marie's senses working overtime as she searched for foreign scents. Ears straining to hear voices or movement that weren't theirs, they made it to the main doors and she twisted the large doorknob. It opened in her hand, swinging open she shoved Hank inside and followed him through. Snapping the lock home she sent him upstairs to rouse everyone, her voice harsh, cruel almost. "Get em up 'n' movin! We don't have time to argue, just get everyone out!"

She left the big man to his own devices as she bolted to the other wing, her eyes taking in the light of the kitchen. Slowing down for a second to see the figure of Jubilee talking to Ro' as they shared coffee at the table, the picture window behind them showing at least ten men dressed in dark grey running toward the house. Barking out, "Behind ya!" to them both as the men came closer, she didn't stop to help she had others to warn and get out. They were both team members, they'd have to look after themselves for a while, she had to get the rest of the house up. Silence was no longer a premium and she screamed out to the Rec Room, "JONES, get your ass movin' we're under attack! Go wake everyone you can, get goin or I'll be on your ass!!"

She saw his tousled head poke out of the Rec Room door and shoot toward the stairs opposite, Jones was a good kid, and she was glad he didn't sleep. She powered her way to the last set of stairs, legs pumping as she heard glass shatter and the scream of fear that suddenly turned into a scream of rage. She hoped whoever that was was still alive because as soon as these kids were up and movin' she was goin back down there and she wanted some payback of her own.

**********************************************************

Logan crept along where the traps had been set, there were three dead, one with a stake trap, one with a garotte wire an the last had been the deadfall that had woken him. The man under the deadfall was still kickin', the breath was shuddering as his body tried to keep goin. Pressure was keeping the man alive, his legs were crushed and Logan just put his boot on the exposed neck. The crunch wasn't that loud to be noticable, the man's eyes faded out, his chest stopped rising and Logan went for the tag around the now crushed throat. As his hand went down the mouth opened, looking into the raw mouth he saw something he'd hoped he'd never see again. Canine's that were dropping down into the mouth, sharp, and wet, he'd seen this before.

Bloodsport, the vampiric assassin, he'd tangled with him in the Far East, where his mutation gave him a better edge on the frightened superstitious minds there. Taking hold of the man's head he severed the neck completely, no point taking chances. He threw the head away into the bushes and went back to do the other two. Bloodsport had a very handy mutation, he could regenerate from injuries, slower than him but he still regenerated. Someone had been messing with their biology set by the looks of things. An if Xavier had been dealing with the people that employed someone like Bloodsport, then the gloves were off. Following their trail he headed after them body low to the ground, a grim look settling on his features.

**********************************************************

Jubilee just heard Rogue shout "Behind ya," when the glass of the window exploded inward, Ro' had just turned to look behind her when the window had shattered covering her with glass. Her scream of suprise had morphed into something else by the time Jubilee turned her gaze back to the window. Men dressed in deep grey fatigues were pouring into the room, Ro' was being held by two men, three were heading toward her. She dropped the mug in her hands and let them have it, red hot coffee going everywhere. The burst was concentrated, powerful and totally unexpected, it dissolved one man's face and severely burned the one to his right, the third was temporarily blinded. Five shadows ran out of the kitchen into the house proper, Jubilee went to go after them but the third soldier grabbed her by the throat.

Behind her Ro' was being restrained, they'd gotten her to the floor and were covering her, keeping her down and locked up. They needed her alive but they were crowding her, she had no air, no way of escape and her mind now free from Xaviers control began to panic. Trapped, now as she felt the straps going over her hands and feet she screamed out in rage. She would *NOT* be caught, trapped and penned, not now, not ever AGAIN! Her eyes went white as she looked over at the under counter light, pulling energy from the sockets she fried the men holding her. Watching as the power surged through her, turning her entire body into a conductor, they jumped and smoked as their hair burned under their clothing.

Jubilee passed her veiw, her face pained as she struggled with the man who was choking the life out of her. Seeing her hands search for something and seeing her reach out for the coffee pot. Ro' blew the item closer to her hand seeing her grip it and bring the nearly full pot against the man's head, the glass shards entering the man's throat, slicing into flesh. Blood arced out over the kitchen, spattering the surfaces, colouring the glass, the grip around her throat finally loosening Jubilee kicked the dying man away. She drove the rest of the coffee pot back into his head and leapt away, about to help Ro' when she shouted to her. "NO! The children, Jubilee, get them away!"

She didn't need telling twice, coughing and her body pounding on adrenalin she went into the corridor and punched the fire alarm. Whoever hadn't been woken up by the racket of the fight would be now, she ran up the stairs Jones had gone up moments earlier. She could hear kids moving silently above her, feet pounding, bags being hefted. She caught sight of Jones moving a group of kids into the elevator and shouted to him, "Any left on this floor?" Jones shook his head as he pushed the last few kids inside, "Get downstairs to the lowest level, do not go out using the tunnels, understand!" Jones punched the button and Jubilee stayed as the doors slid shut, the frightened eyes of the kids staying with her. When they'd gone for definate she went higher, hoping that Kitty and Peiter were on the ball as the fire alarm rang in her ears.

**********************************************************

Marie held her ear in pain, who the hell had pressed the alarm? It had been a good idea but she was suffering because of it, Peiter was at this end, directing kids to the stairs and the lift. They were dressed in pyjama's and slippers but they were carrying bags, thank god they'd been told to pack last night. A body dressed in grey appeared, just behind Peiter. It raised a gun toward the back of Peiters head and she just lost all control, snarling she threw herself at the man behind Peiter. Peiter ducked as she went over him, her claws snapping free as she vaulted over the large man she considered a friend.
Watching as the man's eyes widened as her hands sank into his chest, punching through the kevlar vest he was wearing and out of his back. Her weight sent him over, the gun clattering to the ground as the second man came up the corridor. She saw him and the other one who was trying to find a way upstairs to the second floor. Tearing her hands free of the dying body beneath her she went for the next soldier, her mind free of everyting but hate. The gun raised to her body and the shot hitting her in the gut but she still went forward, bringing her hands through and around the man. Tearing into his armoured body as if he were wearing paper, blood flew across the walls, covering her with it, dripping from her hands as she tore him apart.

She wasn't even aware of the other soldier running toward her knife raised above her head to strike down into her brain. It had been the sound of the blade snapping that brought her back out of her frenzy; she looked up to see Peiter grabbing hold of the soldier by the neck. The calmness of his movements an exact opposite to her own, her teeth bared as she saw Peiter push him into the wall and squeeze until blood flowed across his fingers. When the body stopped twitching he let it go, the kids had gone down, her own blood was singing and Peiter knew that a calm mind was better around the kids and he just took off toward the lift. Leaving Marie to carry on her hunt, a sound above her told her that someone had found a way up to the top. A snarl on her lips she went after themm her hands dripping gore she went after her prey, the scent of earth and death following her.

**********************************************************

Logan spied the rest of the team, they were creeping around to the front of the school, the dawn light painting their shadows against the honey coloured stone and green ivy. He had to do this well, make sure every head was off, dismember the corpses and burn what was left. Only way to be sure, his mind replayed a scene from a movie he'd watched with Marie once. A science fiction one where a guy talked about nuking a planet from orbit,'the only way to be sure'. He felt like that now, just as they entered the building he had to be sure that every single one of them never came back out. This was a small insurgence group, a quick recovery group, there would be more if these guys got away, even one of them.

Shadowing them he let them enter the foyer, these were seasoned men, their heartbeats were calm, focussed even. He snapped the locks on the door, shutting them in and he clawed the security lock, nothing was getting out this way. The sound made the man on 'six' duty turn, there were seven of them in all and soon there would be six.

**********************************************************

He'd felt the death of his men already, the way's they'd died were horrible, two had been burned alive by electricity, two had been blasted by what could only be described as a plasma cutter. One had been crushed to death, the other had his throat opened for him, yet another had been sliced apart by a woman, another had been ripped open by something the man had feared, the final one was upstairs was hunting for his target, a drug filled dart gun in his hand.

Adrenalin was pumping hard through them all when they entered, so they heard the slice behind them, they all turned to see their man on 'six' twitching as something pushed three blades through the body and tear it into two. A face that looked like it had come out of a nightmare greeted them all, blood smeared and teeth grinning like death itself, sharp canines flashing and a low growl building as he shifted toward them all.

Suddenly an order filled his head, 'RETREAT! PULL OUT, NOW!' that came from his commander who kept a link with him at all times, the men were attacking the smaller man in front of them but no matter what they did it didn't seem to make a difference. Bullets were used, knives, bare hand manoeuvres that snapped fingers, these were the best they had. They'd never been stopped but he'd killed four already, the blades in his hands were flashing as the body tore through the grey coated flesh. Fear crept up his mind as he saw the smile that covered the man's face and a word erupted unbidden into his mind, 'Wolverine'. Each blow from his men had been blocked and savagely turned against them, he had wounds that were healing in front of his eyes and the voice in his head said 'RUN!' It went against his training, his entire life had been spent confrinting odds greater than he could cope with, this was no different. He felt another death and mentally he added up the deaths, there was no one left but him and one other.

He grabbed the solider and pulled him with him deeper into the school, all of his instincts screaming at him to fight, to stand his ground. Yet the voice of his master wouldn't allow him to waste his life. They'd made a mistake, they hadn't known he was there, if Xavier had been using Wolverine then they were in deeper trouble than even his master had imagined. All he'd been after was the merchandise promised to him, if Wolverine was there then there were bigger fish than they in the pond.

**********************************************************

Logan let himself go, the first man attacked him high and he just gutted him, using the blades to sever him into two pieces, the bodily fluids making his nose itch as the acid fell to the floor along with the rest of the organs of his torso. These were soldiers, trained men who knew the risks of their profession. The foyer was becoming like a slaughter house as the next two tried to stab and shoot him at the same time. He let the attack fuel his anger and hatred, letting Wolverine loose on those that would kill every person in here if he let them go free. He killed two by using their attacks on him against the other solider. The blade that went through his arm he pushed into the man opposite him, so the blade connected to the man's head. The gun shot that only passed through him blew the others stomach away, that was the thing with guns, if you knew how they worked you could use their force against your enemy, especially if you healed as fast as he did. The leader of the group watched as he killed two more of his men before taking off and dragging the last of his men with him.

Logan took his time taking the heads off those in the foyer, then he went after the rest. Licking the blood from his claws he tasted the power he'd been holding in check for too long. After this there would be no more 'hiding', they'd either accept him or they wouldn't either way he'd had it with being a lap dog. Once the kids were safe, he was out of here an Marie as well. Howling he went after the strays, sensing their fear as he followed the wide scent trail.

**********************************************************

Hank was huddled with the rest of the kids below, the security camera's had been put on by Kitty and she was watching the fighting, Ro' was in her way down, her face stoic and calm for the first time in days.
Her hands switched channels and there on the lawn was something they all thought was a dream, Magneto levitating over the lawn, a huge group behind him, walking toward the mansion, all coming from the road. It looked like the entire Brotherhood had come calling. Kitty's voice started screaming orders, kids were suddenly pouring out of the rooms and she caught Hanks eye.
"Get Xavier, get him ready to move, do it NOW!" Hank did as he was asked but the thought in the back of his mind came forward, should he leave him here? Let him pay for his crime toward the man who was somehow on the lawn outside? He'd read the reports, seen the things he'd profited from, Hank left the children and went alone to Med Bay.

**********************************************************

Marie found the man, searching through the rooms upstairs, frantically looking for someone, someone who was now safe downstairs. Locked away from these killers. She didn't wait for him to see her, she used her boot to snap his knee from the side, happy to hear the crunch of the cartilage as it popped out. A muffled scream and he was down, taking his head in her hands she snapped his neck back to wring it but he shifted down and away. Rolling over he avoided her grip but not her claws, she pinned him by the thigh, slicing him open as she shifted up his frame. Blood coloured her world again and she laughed as it took her enemy, she tore him pieces, letting her anger flow through her. Only when she was covered with his blood like Kali did she stop her attack, the need to destroy gone with her enemy. Pulling back from the mess that had been a human only minutes before she finally 'saw' what she'd become. Her blades snapped away as her stomach fought to keep food down, running away from the carnage she'd created Marie heard the one sound she'd never thought to hear, Wolverine howling for the hunt.

A grim expression on her face as she went to try and save a little of Logan's humanity, whatever he had left.