Author's Chapter Notes:
Xavier goes a little too far and Marie realises exactly what and who she's been blind to, Logan gets his marching orders and takes her with him.
The scream that met her ears pierced the dream she was in, it had been a nice dream, one where she'd been in control of her head for once. She'd been visiting her aunt in the cool green expanse of the midwest, where the sky went on forever.

When she was awake enough to work out what the scream was and who it was, it sounded like Kitty, flinging on her robe she tore open the door to see a very naked Logan pawing Kitty. The girl was out of her mind, she'd phased half through a wall before leaving Logan grabbing thin air, his hands scrabbling at the surface of the wooden wall. When he turned round she could see that Logan wasn't home, he was still asleep. Only when Scott appeared with Peter dressed in clothes and Peter all metalled up did she realise exactly what Xavier had meant when he said 'He'd arrange things'. Grabbing Logan quickly she hauled him inside her room, slamming the door on the two men who were now trying to get inside.

"Fuck!" Logan was only just beginning to come round, his face was an absolute picture when he realised where he was. Dragging the sheet off her bed he wrapped it around himself, pushing her aside he just wrenched the lock open.
"Logan just what the hell do you think..." Scott never got to finish as the punch landed square throwing him back into Peter. Logan's hand sprouted claws and he shoved them up into Peter's face, the big man didn't even twitch. Logan was drawing his hand back when Marie just pushed between them both.
"Peter, let him go, please." The gentle giant looked down at her and she could see the man trying to work out just what had happened. Kitty was his sweetheart, he loved her he really did and if Logan had done anything to her then it'd take more than she had to stop him. Eventually he moved aside and Logan stalked past, he was barely holding himself together. Marie watched him stomp away, someone would pay for this treatment of him, she knew from her own memories that he sometimes woke up in the wrong places. Frightened that he'd gone beserk and killed someone he cared about, he'd found himself in her room, naked and he had no idea what he was doing there. He'd be quiet for a while until she could convince him that she'd found him *outside* her door.

Scott was coming round, Peter picked him up as his head cleared, crossing her arms she just watched as the man whod been her teacher turned his anger onto her. "Rogue, what do you think you're doing, you can't have Logan in your room! I mean a relationship between a student and a teacher isn't acceptable Rogue, he's old enough to be your damn *father*!"
So that was what this was about, she just looked at the two of them, her eyes cold and flinty.
"Who ah have in *MY* room Scott doesn't concern you or anyone else for that matter. If ah want to fuck the entire New York Islanders or the Devils for that matter it's no concern of yours or anyone elses." Her voice raised even higher, if this was the effect Xavier was going for then she'd give it to him in spades. "An if you think your *so* righteous ah'd look to that wife of yours and the amount of time she spends caring for the beta team members." Her eyes flicked to Peter who for his part did his best not to suddenly shrink away from the stare she was levelling at him. "Ask Bobby about it, she seems to have a thing for *ice-cream*."

With that she slammed the door on them both. Furious with Xavier she started packing, Logan would run she knew that as much as she knew her own mind and if she wanted to keep her own mind she knew she had to keep her thoughts angry and her emotions high. Time she thought about herself and her partner, Logan.
---------------------------------------------------------

He couldn't understand it, one minute he was in the bathroom about to get under the shower, the next he was in Marie's room. It took a few moments for him to recognise the taint of Xavier in his mind. The scent he had on his body wasn't Marie (thank god, whichever one was looking after him today), it was Kitty. He didn't want to see the fallout from this one, he knew for a fact that if Xavier had done this then there was an ulterior motive. One he wouldn't share with him, fuck no, he'd just fuck up any relationship he'd had with the people here to get what he wanted from him.
Well fine, he could leave now, he had Marie with him, she come with him he knew that. All he had to do was tell her when and she'd be there, dropping the sheet he pulled out his packs. Adding to the already packed contents, when they were full he finally got the shower he needed. There wouldn't be stuff like this where he was going, well not for a while.

He'd get sorted first, sound out a place they both would be safe, then he'd come get her. Xavier had fucked around with his head once too often, the next time he'd let Wolverine sort things out for him. The depth of darkness in there sometimes scared him and Chuck hadn't even seen the surface of it yet. He would if he carried on and when he came back nothing would be left standing, no child, no teacher, nothing, he'd burn it to the ground and piss on the ashes. Cracking his neck and rotating the joints as the heat went through him he caught the reflection of his face, the image one he'd seen a lot before he'd found civilisation. A seriousness filled his movements as he prepared to leave the only home he'd ever known, driven out by the one man who'd told him he'd always have a place here. Thing was he didn't think he could cope with the cost anymore, not on Xaviers terms anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------

The summons had come via a very irate Jean, the very air around her prickled with hatred and if she was reading her scent properly, jealousy? Then it clicked into place, Xavier had built the illusion in everyone's heads, that she'd bedded Logan or he'd bedded her. As they walked through the corridors she caught the whispers around her, the tale becoming more complete as they got closer to the office. Logan had gone to her room, stayed there all night, Kitty had surprised him when he'd been coming out and he'd made a grab for her too. That he was unstable, unpredictable that he'd managed to survive touching her seemed to be something that was overlooked.

When she went inside Logan was already there, looking blank, smoking a cigar as if it was a normal briefing. Ororo was sat with Jean, both of them giving Logan the medusa glare, when they looked at her Ororo had a soft almost pained look on her face. Jean on the other hand was filled with anger fuelled by jealousy, Scott was sat with Hank and Peter. Both of them holding an arm each keeping Scott seated, Xavier behind his wall of mahogany as usual. He looked at Marie with a twinkle in his eye and his mind reached out to hers 'Told you I'd find a way'.
The smile that she gave him didn't reach her eyes and she walked over to where Logan was sat. The satisfied look he gave her as she sat with him almost made her heart leap with joy. As she was lowering herself into the seat Jean's voice cut through the silence. "Charles surely you can't let her...." He raised a hand and she fell into silence, he turned to look at her and then turned his gaze on everyone present.
"It's her choice Jean, she's of legal age and we all know the risks involved. No one better than Logan himself, he has touched her before." The intake of air around her made Marie's skin tingle, Logan's hand touched her thigh and her own voice rang out in the panelled room.
"Ah asked him to." The incredulous looks she got from everyone around her made her faulter but the grip that increased on her thigh gave her the strength to finish what she'd started. "Logan's the only one brave enough to even bother with me, sure you trained me, saw me as a teammate, but Ah still scare you stupid." She turned to see the hidden smile in Logan's gaze just for her. "He's mine, Ah'm not interested in anyone or anything else." The darkness she'd seen in that warehouse returned for a second and retreated again. Xaviers voice cut through the air, the coldness suddenly between the two groups vast.
"Well then I hope you'll take the little help I can give you Rogue. Just in case you ever change your mind there'll always be a place for you here." She turned to see the others barely holding onto their restraint, using Logan's leg to push herself upward she nodded to Xavier.
"Sure, Ah'd be stupid not to. Ah'll be down in a few minutes with my bags," she looked at Logan. "You packed sugar?" He slowly unfolded himself and stretched, making sure everyone saw the flash of claw that he let escape for a second.
"Sure, I'll bring the truck round front."

It was that easy, her entire life smashed in a few moments and an implanted memory in the heads of those around her. It had been so easy for everyone to believe it, that Logan had hurt her and she was going with him as a willing victim. They'd never known her, not one of them. She was better off as far away as possible.

When Logan came round with the truck Xavier pressed a bundle into her hands, "You'll find everything you need in there Rogue. Good Luck." The smile that covered his face was one of completion of winning but to her the game wasn't even in full swing yet. He'd regret this day, she'd make sure of it, smiling her thanks she walked over to where Logan was waiting.
"You ready?"
"Yeah Sugar, as sure as the sun comes up in the morning." His quirky smile made her look askance at him, "What?" He let her get settled before he set off his repply being drowned out to the ears that were listening by the engine.
"Because where we're headed, sunlight don't appear for three months." Shivering slightly she let herself relax into the seat, there were a lot of miles between here and the artic. There'd be time to talk, to train and to plan but her mind didn't let go of the way Xavier had used them both. She'd get even for both of them.