Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie gets to play with the Team and Logan gets to have some *personal* time with Jean....
Her mind was focussed, her body humming with the *need* to release what she'd been taught. Standing in front of her was the beta team, Peiter, Bobby, Kitty and Jubilee; Scott was dressed in his uniform also but he was standing to one side as was Logan. The room was blank, there would be no program here, this was an evalution, a test of her abilities. Hence the beta team, they'd be fighting against her one by one, Ororo and Xavier were watching from the observation room. She was wired up like everyone else in front of her, her heartbeat steady and her body coiled ready.

A small nod from Scott and the first attack came from Bobby, a blast of artic air meant to freeze her where she stood. Thing was she wasn't there when it hit the space where she'd been, she was already closing the distance between them. Her fist bunched, pulled back and ready to smash down into the face of Bobby, catching her form through the cold air current he shifted his head. Her blow grazing against a temple, the force behind it still rocking him back on his heels.
She didn't stop her attack, her leg shot out and kicked his balls hard, the armoured cup saving his children but the plastic crack sounded loud in the round room. Shock made him clumsy as her foot shifted to the side of his hip, smashing her bare foot against the joint. The look of pain flashing in his eyes enough to make her shift out of his way as Bobby dropped down to his knees. His own training kicking in as she shifted around him, snagging her leg and pulling her over. A snarl of annoyance left her mouth as she felt Bobby trying to put her in a wrestling move, pinning her down. Relaxing her back and thighs she felt his grip slide on her suddenly liquid muscles. Twisting out from under his weight she turned her own body on his, wrapping her arm under his throat and pressing her knees against his back. Locking herself in place as she pulled back, the choke hold wasn't taught here, it could kill if done too long and Scott had his mouth open when Logan's voice boomed out. "ENOUGH!"

Marie let him go, her arms slamming his head forward into the floor, the red splash of blood colouring the grey tile beneath her bare feet. Standing over the now blood covered face she sneered at the boy beneath her, she could've snapped his neck before he'd even fought back. Logan had been right Scott's training was worthless in a real fight, when it was life an death nothing was outside the rules, because there we'ren't any. She shifted back away from the recovering form of Bobby, she'd hurt him, she could smell the pain on him and the scent of regret. That brought her up as she watched him go back to the team he was part of, the look that passed through them all was something that made her blood cool a little. They'd looked at Logan like that once, like an animal that was only just tamed, as if they expected it to attack them at any moment. Smiling she tried to allay their fear of her, shifting her body and smoothing out the anger she felt running through her body.

"Who's next?" Scott motioned to Kitty and Marie's face fell, what should she do? The air was thickened with fear from both Kitty and Peiter, she had a plan and she voiced it. "Why not give me a challenge One-Eye? Kitty's not much of a fighter, she can kick sure but I've been out with *Logan*." The words hit their target and Scott raised his hand stilling Kitty, Scott turned to smile at her and Logan in turn.
"If that's what you want, Pete arm up, you and me, no quarter."

As Kitty stepped back to go into the arms of Jubilee she could see the fear in Kitty's eyes fade, she wouldn't have to risk her baby. Jubilee's face was watching everything and Marie caught the slight nod in her direction as she led Kitty to the bench that sat near the entrance.
A low snarl got her attention as Logan shifted his stance, from relaxed to tense, she read the message in his movements. No quarter meant she could injure, she could *hurt* them because they were meaning to hurt her. That meant using *everything* she had, every dirty trick, every nasty move, every pressure point she'd learned and finally if she needed to; her claws. Nodding at him she moved into the centre of the room, her bare feet nad hands relaxed, her face smiling as they both approached her. The sound of Peiter shifting was the last thing she consciously remembered, everything that came next was instinct mixed with darkness. Her pupils widening as she realised that this was something she'd been waiting for.

**********************************************************************************************

Jean was taking a rest, her body needed it especially when she was trying to keep out the minds around her. She'd been finding it more difficult lately to keep them out, every hike in emotion seemed to run through her first, as if she were the conduit for the school. Sighing she put her feet up on the counterpane of their bed, relaxing and letting her mind go blank. Going through her usual routine of blocks, strengthening them with repetition. Feeling for the link between her and Scott she let it open, flooding her mind with what he was going through at the moment.

**Blood red, everything was blood red, (she knew she'd never get used to seeing through his eyes like this, her presence wouldn't disturb him or put him off. She wanted to know what was going on downstairs, how the evaluation was going) Rogue was kicking the hell out of Peiter, her skin was the same colour as Peiter's. Her hands were a blur as they found spots on the bigger mans skin and pushed hard. Rogue's face was a mask of anger, of rage, teeth bared, eyes dark, hair loose and flying everywhere. Watching as she used her weight to vault over the bigger man, the bare steel feet rushing toward Scott's face. Her view dropping as Scott ducked her first attack but the blow that sent him onto the floor came from behind. Scott turned quickly, her view again filling with Rogue and Peiter. Peiter had her in his arms, trying to crush her when she dropped her head to his and kissed him. The kiss didn't seem to do much, from Scott's point of view but the memory that flashed up into his minds eye obscuring the view from his eyes made her come up short from the bed.
(Rogue wrapped around Logan, her hips against his, his teeth lodged in her shoulder as he fucked her against the wall of the danger room.) The feeling of arousal that accompanied it made her pride burn as the view returned to Peiter now stumbling away from Rogue holding his crotch. She'd used her body against him and won, turning to Scott she winked at him and licked her lips, a shine to her eyes that made the memory of what Scott had seen rise again unbidden in his mind but this time it was Scott fucking her against the wall not Logan.**

Anger suffused her skin as she flung herself off the bed, her mind already opening the door, slamming it against the wall. Her face a mask of rage as she went to confront her 'faithful' partner. She could only wonder if this was the reason he'd asked her not to link so deeply with him, she could access his surface thoughts but not the deeper realms. She'd agreed with him that everyone needed some privacy inside their own head but if he was keeping things from her....She marched down the hall not seeing the chandeliers above her beginning to swing as she passed beneath them. A gentle wake of destruction followed her path, flowers died, vases cracked, wood aged and crumbled into dust, all she was concerned about was Scott and what he was keeping from her. She didn't notice the death she was bringing with her.

*******************************************************************************************

Scott was having a hard time keeping his mind clear, she was dancing just out of his reach, back flipping away from him. Her body lithe and wrapped in sinful leather, eyes flashing at him, her chest heaving with breath, skin shining with sweat. Peiter was sat on his knees getting his breath back, she'd drained him, taken his mutation and then used her knees to crush his genitals. The only way he'd still be using them *was* because of his mutation, the savage laugh she'd given the air when she'd dropped him made a dark fire leap in his chest.

She was a female version of Logan but deadlier, honed, crafty, dark and he felt himself drawn to her darkness. He wanted to feel her hips against his own, her teeth in his shoulder as he slammed her against the wall. To be the man who'd made her scream his name into the sealed air, he wanted to *tame* her. Even now she was waving her hands at him to come and get her, to dare him closer. Her skin lost the metal hue to it, showing the pink of her own deadly mutation. Steeling his resolve Scott began to run over to her, expectation riding high in his chest as he mapped out the move in his head. Going in low, he'd scoop her up, taking a leg and wrist in gloved hand, shoving her against the danger room wall.

She let him touch her, let him think he had her, felt the exhalation of air and the small smile he let show before she hurt him. Knowing his scent had heightened the longer the fight had gone on, he *wanted* her, wanted to plant her against the wall like Logan had. Needed to feel her writhe against him again, wanted to hear her say his name in his ear. As he picked her up she knew what was coming, she let him plant her against the wall, felt his erection tight and hot against her as he tried to drive the air out of her lungs. Shifting herself she let him drop into her hips and everyone saw the reflex push of his own into hers.

Inside her mind she reminded herself that this was the man who was going to give her to Magneto, use her as *bait* to catch an enemy not caring if she lived or died. This was the man who thought her worthless as a human being but fine as bait to draw out others, never training her because of the 'difficulty' of her mutation. Giving her the tasks no one else wanted or would do, she was a second stringer, a back up, a robot solider programmed to do as was asked but no more. She wasn't Kitty, she couldn't slip into places, her mutation drove her mad for a while before she'd learned to assimmilate the minds or like now, keep them out altogether. She could scent his triumph, his body still trying to keep her still as his body fought for dominance over her own.

She let her mind slip down the gears, let the darkness rise in her soul, slipping her legs around his waist, locking them behind him. Her hips meeting his own as he desperately tried to keep her hands away from his face, with each breath he released she tightened her grip. Every breath out she squeezed tighter, narrowing the amount of air he could get, but each time she did it she brought him closer to her sex. Scott stopped struggling with her hands as he realised what error he'd made, then he tried to get her legs off him. Sitting high on his hips she gripped his hair and pulled hard, tearing at his visor. The peices of it smashing on the floor, he was blind and she laughed harshly.

Inside his mind he screamed out for help, oxygen was becoming hard to get into him and she didn't seem to let up. Rogue's laughter ringing in his ears as she let him pull them away from the wall. He'd gotten what he'd wanted, instead of a nubile young woman he'd gotten a harriden with thighs of iron. He tried throwing her to the floor, his own vision becoming black as she continued to squeeze her voice whispering to him as she did it. "Ah know what ya had planned for me ya bastard....bait for buckethead!" Suddenly her grip loosened and he felt her shifting away, oxygen filled his crushed body, a pair of goggles thrust into his searching hands. Logan's voice gruff and cold as he handed them over.
"Here, we don't want this an unfair fight do we?"
Snapping the goggles on he opened his eyes to see Rogue still heaving with effort and Logan looking at her with obvious pride. She looked over toward Kitty and Jubilee a smile on her lips but a look he didn't recognise in her eyes. When she turned her face back to his the darkness was back, a smile on her plump lips reddened by the exercise. She was deadly but she was attractive too and he felt his body twitch as she looked him over before moving back into the centre of the room.

*******************************************************************************************

Jean opened the door to the veiwing room, there was Ororo and Charles watching the display below them. Taking her place at the side of Charles she didn't notice her mentor turn to look at her with a look of open fear on his face as her mind expanded and took in the entire room below. Eyes narrowed as she saw Rogue in the middle of the room her young body heaving with effort and the dishevelled look of the beta team. Keeping her voice neutral she spoke, "How's it going?" Ororo didn't look away from the room below but she did answer her friend.
"Very well, Rogue is a very good fighter, she's already put Peiter down once, now Scott's giving it a go. He's holding back from hurting her too badly, this is only a test of her abilties after all. But what we've seen Logan's training of her has been very complete." She folded her arms and kept her eyes on Scott, while her mentor at her side hurriedly began building blocks in her mind surruptiously.

******************************************************************************************

Scott was hurting, she could smell it, when Logan had tapped her shoulder telling her to let him go she'd understood. She hadn't wanted to let go but she had, she couldn't kill him, not yet. The pride she's smelt from Logan had been enough to make her smile though.

Now stood back in the centre of the room she waited for his attack, knowing it would be harder this time but powered by anger and anger made you sloppy. She dropped her height and saw his move just before he hit her, the blow snapped her head back and she growled at her own stupidity. Ducking the next blow she smashed her fist into his diaphram, her knuckles straining to keep her claws sheathed. Moving her fingers swiftly she pressed several pressure points on his body, cutting off blood to his vital organs. He stumbled around her trying to figure out why his chest suddenly felt heavy when his feet felt light.

The door slammed open and Jean was there, everyone looked over at her but Logan and Marie. Scott collapsed and she was over at him with Peiter following her, picking up his leader they ran toward the medbay. Logan didn't run he just went over to Marie and *looked* at her. She replied to his unspoken query, "Ah didn't kill him Logan, you told me trainin' only. Ah know the *rules*, they don't!" With that she left them all, not seeing Logan's smile touch her back as she left the mansion.

Logan looked up at the faces that were still watching from above, locking gazes with Xavier he just stared at him; hard. Before just leaving the room where Marie had just taken apart a team in under thirty minutes. Pleased with himself he went to find Jean.

******************************************************************************************

The bruising was already colouring in his midsection when Logan walked into the medbay, Peiter passed him in the hallway outside and a nod had passed between the two of them. Enough information in it to tell of the meeting they would have later.

Scott was laid out on the gurney, his face pale and his breathing shallow, Jean turned on him as he walked in. "Just what the hell did you teach her Logan?" The little bleeps and sounds weren't good and he looked at the colour of the man laid out in front of him. Taking hold of his arm Logan pressed a few points, then worked on his bare midsection. The last one emitting a cry from Scott. "WHAT DID YOU DO?" He ignored her scream and just showed her the monitor, the thready pulses were now strong again. His eyes met hers and she shifted back a little from the gaze that was in meeting her own.
"Savin' a life that you should be doin more for. Although with your history I'd doubt you'd give a shit about anyone."

Jean didn't understand what he was talking about, Logan leaned on the edge of the gurney Scott was on and she was about to touch Logan's arm when he just pushed away from her. "I'm not gonna clean up yor messes anymore Jean, you've left too many people behind you sometimes. I'm not a gravedigger for your mistakes." Logan turned his back on her, adding before he left completely, "If you wanna know what I'm talkin about have a dig round in the Boy Scout's head. He knows what you've been doin' where you've been, what you've done. Just know this I'm not cleanin up after you anymore, you'll have to do it yourself."
He left her looking at the man she thought she knew laid out on the gurney, her hands already heading toward his skull.

He heard the cry as he was just leaving the stairs, Jean knew what her lover had been hiding from her, what Charles had been hiding from her. Where she went when she thought she'd been going on 'errands', he did feel a little guilty but he had other concerns now. Like how they were going to ride out this storm he'd just opened up for them. Setting off he ran across the grounds to the cabin by the lake, they had about an hour if they were lucky. By the end of it he wanted them either off the grounds or prepared to kill whoever came close. Survival mattered and whoever wanted to come with them would, the rest.....well that was another story altogether.