Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie goes into the danger room and Scott gets a dose of what Marie has turned herself into....
The room was blank, there was only Scott in here with her, dressed in his uniform, shades strapped to his flesh, hands clenching and unclenching as he shifted around her. Tyring to make her move first, trying to gauge her weaknesses, making feignts she could smell from him. The leather of his uniform filled with the adrenalised sweat that carried his distinctive tone to her nose. It clued her in to when he would move, the tell tale twitch at his eyeline that wouldn't be noticable if he didn't wear his glasses. When he lunged she dropped to the floor, straight down, letting her muscle become like jelly. Flowing away from him, twisting and using the slick floor as a slide, pushing her own body weight away from the team leader.

A snort from his mouth told her enough, she'd surprised him, hand to hand was dangerous here, she wasn't wearing anything and her skin was *ON*. Logan had told her that he expected her to keep it on while they were in the presence of everyone else. Last night he'd touched and stroked her all over, like a cat, just so she could get some rest. Stroking the skin of her body as he'd just laid himself next to her, like a huge warm radiator, his scent filling her mind, letting her relax and settle into a hazy sleep while he stayed awake all night. She woke with his hands on her thighs already shifting them apart, gently positioning himself over her. As she opened her eyes he kissed her warmly, softly, tenderly, letting her wake up and feel him on her. They made love for an hour, never hurried, never losing touch of his skin for a moment, he worshipped her and she'd needed his touch as much as he'd needed her. It had been the best morning of her life at the mansion, something she hoped they'd get to repeat while they were here.

Scott took a dive at her waist, his hand wrapping tight around her midriff, trying to force her over so she landed safely under him. Instead she twisted in his grasp, the bruising she'd have from the move would heal before she got home. It hurt sure but she wasn't going to let Scott pin her, turning the move into her advantage she let Scott carry forward into the move. Taking the wrist that had been on her side she wrenched it backward, pulling the ligaments beyond their tolerance. She heard the tear of muscle, the twinge that shot through his entire frame as she let go of the arm. Scott landed heavily and rolled back up, his arm hanging loose and pain filled. His forearm was useless as a strength muscle now, it would stretch sure but it'd take no pressure. She waved him toward her, bare hands showing, Scott's face went hard and she knew from now on it'd be harder. She couldn't keep the smile from her face as she felt Wolverine riding high in her mind. This was what she'd been waiting for and he was going to get it, all of it.

*****************************************************************************

They'd been walking to the mansion for breakfast when the figure had been spotted walking over to them both. Scott in his pressed Chino's and jumper crossed over his shoulders, he reminded Marie of the catalogues her mother had ordered clothes out of. The pale imitations of men that stood with their plastic smiles and perfect features, tightening her arm wrapped around Logan's side she straightened herself.

Scott took them both in and she could see the tension running through the man in front of them both, his voice clipped and angry when he spoke to them. "Good morning, Charles told me you were back." He left a gap for them to fill and he seemed confused when they didn't fill it for him. Coughing he started again, "Well, the Danger Room has been booked for 11am, you should be ready for then Logan. We'll go through the various scenarios and we'll see how you intergrate with the team...." Logan interrupted him with a raised hand and a raised eyebrow.
"It ain't me who's goin in there 'boy'," Logan's eyes flashed dangerously as he smiled at the man in front of him. He hugged Marie to his side and she smiled as she shifted into Scott's view, "Ol' Chuck wants to assess Rogue here since our little jaunt north. She's been learnin' with *me*."

He put the strain on the last word and they both saw the blood vessel on his neck pulse faster as he tried to keep his blood pressure in check.
"Really? He didn't tell me that." Logan shifted them both around the solid form of Scott who was still waiting for an explanation from either of them. Logan threw the comment behind them as they walked back into the mansion, "Then you'd better go ask your 'masser'." The southern word making Marie laugh as they entered the shadowed halls of the mansion, it had helped to allievaite the chill she'd felt as they'd entered. It still felt like she'd entered a bear trap but at least she could laugh at it with the image of Scott as a slave for the 'Ol' White Masser'. The image suddenly taking all the humour away from it, Logan had hit the nail on the head whether he knew it or not. They were slaves here, slaves to his will, to his dream but not everyone was an idiot here and soon she'd have some allies. Smiling at Logan she went with him into breakfast.

*************************************************************************************

Scott was playing 'dirty', his feints were planned and she fell for at least one of them. Cursing she nursed her arm as the blood returned from where Scott had had her in a tense grip until she'd stamped on his instep. She'd even given him a mule kick as well, right up between his legs as he'd held her in front of him. The shock of it had made him loosen his grip and she'd spun away, he was gloved up now and he thought he was safe. He wasn't safe from her or her skin and she let her stance fall lower, she could feel Logan's gaze on her from above in the control room. She didn't need to look to know he was smiling, she had him in her head, telling her to go low this time. To take out his hip joint as she went under and between his legs, to punch the bunch of nerves just inside the crease of his thigh.

She made herself stumble, her steps seeming clumsy, making Scott compensate for her lowered gait. He'd try to grab her and pin her again, dropping her into a submission posture so she could be 'neutralised' by whoever else was in the team. Thing was Logan had taught her *not* to be a team player, so she dropped further and dragged Scott into her own trap. A snarl made its way out of her mouth as she led him into her, dropping and letting herself slide across the slick floor again. Her fingers tensed and ready to deal the blow as she passed under him, at the last second she stood straight up.

Slamming the heel of her hand into his chin, Scott went almost vertical before falling backward. The anger flushing her blood was singing through her, the itch of her knuckles driving her crazy, Wolverine in her head was screaming at her to kill him, to rend him into pieces. Shaking she stepped toward the prone body on the floor, he was still coming round when the doors opened and Logan was there. He stood over Scott, claws drawn, a growl in his chest that was reverberating through the danger room.

He meant the threat, if she took a step closer he'd cut her, her anger faded as fast as it had risen. Turning her back on them both she walked to the blank walls around her and rested her head against the tiles there.

Listening to the sound of Xavier's wheelchair humming as it came into the room, Logan's footsteps as he moved off the prone body of the team leader. The dry tomb like voice of Xavier as it rang around the room, "I see what you mean about it being a little premature to test her skills. I'll do as you recommend, Thursday will give her more time to lose your 'influence'. It'll be a better test of her true abilities."

Scott was groaning and she heard his shaky voice carry over to where she was standing. "What the....." Listening to the sounds of leather creaking as Scott stood up, feeling the tension of Logan and Scott being so close together. Mounting until Xavier called Scott to go to the infirmary, he needed to be looked at. Hearing the outlet breath of the man she clenched her fists as she wished Logan would've let her finish him but she couldn't not yet. Squashing the desire down she heard Logan's footsteps approach her over the sound of Scott and Xaviers departure.

When he touched her skin she flinched a little as his surface thoughts went through her, pride, love and desire, watching her put Scott through his paces and beating him at every turn. Turning his moves into opportunities for her to attack him, surrounding her with his own bulk against the wall of the room, he purred into her skin. Pressing himself against her; pushing her into his own body, letting her feel her effect on him, of seeing her fight her so called 'equal'. Smiling she let him touch her with gloved hands, letting them run under her shirt and over her goosing skin.

They did come out of the room later, but she needed new trousers and underwear before she could be thought of being 'decent'. They didn't wipe the tape of their 'training' in the danger room, it'd serve to keep everyone on the wrong footing. She was dangerous and at the moment the only one who could control her was Logan and that was only when she let him.

Logan knew Scott would be watching the tape later to learn from his mistakes and he wanted him to see exactly what they'd been doing in there after he'd been patched up. The more he saw of Marie, the easier it would be for her to use it against him. Smiling they went to get some lunch but Marie needed to change first, somehow he didn't think they'd approve of crotchless trousers in the dinner hall.