Author's Chapter Notes:
They're on their way home and theres still things they need to talk about, time to get down and dirty in the battle of wills to come....
HOUR FIVE
**********

The rain hadn't eased up any as Logan drove them toward home, lunch sat heavy in her stomach making her feel sleepy, the swish of the wipers adding to the monotony that was lulling her to sleep. It was Logan's foot that brought her out of the slumber she was slipping into.
"Hey wake up, we've got somethings to go over before we get to Chucks'."
Stretching her back against the seat, flexing her fingers together Marie waited for him to speak. Watching the rain fill the windscreen and be pushed aside to clear the path for them; only to be obliterated by the next assault of water. The road they were on was more like a river and she was glad that Logan had taken the keys to drive through this.
"So what do we need to 'go over'?" She risked a look toward him, the steel grey of the sky didn't throw much light down into the truck, so the darkness she saw in him she hoped was a mixture of the weather and him.

His hands flexed on the wheel as he pulled out a cigar, stuck it in the corner of his mouth and flicked the lighter in. When he had the thing lit he breathed out a perfumed cloud, adding to the darkness around him. His voice was deep, filled with iron, the same voice he'd used when he'd been training her. Asking her to push beyond what she 'thought' she was capable of into what she 'could' do.
"The 'mission'. As far as Xaviers concerned the kid is dead." She added mentally 'Yeah I nearly went with him' but kept it to herself. "The kid is gone that's all he needs to know, so keep your mind blank, better yet fill it with something else."

She nodded at him, seeing his eye take in her movement, telling him she understood what he needed her to do. Her own mind went into the territory they'd avoided, Xavier could look into her memories of where she'd been, where she'd learned her new skills and if he did that he'd find Logan's refuge. Steeling herself she voiced the question. "Logan what about where ah was?" His quick glance in her direction told her that he'd been thinking about that too. His voice barely changed in tone when he answered her.
"Make somewhere up, make it rural, keep it basic, no 'fluffy' touches, remember this is *my* place you're makin' not a good homes and gardens piece." Smiling at his choice of words she turned her face to the rain filled windscreen. Opening her mind to reach out to the piece of Logan she constantly carried with her. Finding him she began the task of building a home.

********************************************************

"Checks or plain colour?"
"Huh?" The cigar was almost gone and the sweet smell of the tobacco was clinging to her skin.
"Curtains Logan, plain or check?" His eyebrow raised itself as he negotiated traffic on the slick highway. Annoyance flared in her blood, she was trying to do what he'd asked her to, build a memory of first going into the 'cabin', something that would stand up to scrutiny. Pulling herself into a tight ball she tried to concentrate on the image she had already.

The soft honey colour of the wood, the way the door frame had nicks and grooves in it, the set of antlers above the doorway. Old and pockmarked with age, a shed set not attached to bone, the iron of the door handle, a little rusty, the hinges that squeaked when she first opened it. Dust motes that glittered in the cool autumn air, Logan pushing past her to get inside and sort out the small one room space.
The old pot bellied stove that was fed by the wood they both chopped, the smoke blowing back through the first time they used it. Logan having to climb up to the shingle roof to unblock the debris that had been forced down it by squirrels. They'd eaten what he'd found in there for their first meal at the cabin. Squirrel and huckleberries, the pan being taken to the small stream at the bottom of the hill.
The view she'd worked on the hardest, from the small cabin you could see the mountains, grass plain below slowly rising to a pine forest that covered the slopes. She'd gotten help from her 'inner' Logan for this one, he'd given her the memory to work with. A place in Alberta, just past the badlands, the rise of the desert plains being eroded by the water that coursed down from the north. Life beginning again, as the grasslands filled out with brush, mingling into broadleaf forest then thinning out to pine as they climbed the soft rising peaks of the mountains. It was perfect, it gave a geographical place that was as far away fromt he real place as she could find. She even took the journey he'd made and added herself in the truck, even down to the food she'd consumed.

Exaseperated she tried again, "Check or plain Logan, ah need to know or ah'll never get him convinced that it's a real place. Somewhere ah've *been*, ah notice different things to you an ah need to get it right!" He grunted and opened the window, letting the rain wash over his face, watching as the rain flushed his skin. Reminding her of the time she'd seen him naked in the rain, squashing the thought down and locking it away. It was something like that that could give her away, let the truth out about where she'd really been with him. Logan wasn't too bothered about him finding out it seemed but she *was*. It had been her birthplace, her new life started there and she didn't want him to know where it was, hence the memory implants she was doing.

Finally he rolled the window back up, his hair dripping wet and a lighter look on his face, he looked like a wet dog and she couldn't help but laugh. His eyes flicked to hers and saw her trying to stifle another chuckle, his mouth quirked up as he rubbed his wet head and thrust the cold water slicked hand at her.

"LOGAN! Arrgghh, you're gettin' me wet!" Suddenly the air in the cab went thick with tension, his hand on her skin burning hot. Everything switched over so quickly, from playful to sexual, weaving out of traffic Logan dumped the truck onto the grass verge and left it there. Engine dead, windscreen filling with rain blurring the outside world. She felt the air spark with need, purring she shifted over the seat to him, his body already waiting for her to straddle him.
He didn't wait for her to settle before bringing her into a deep kiss, smothering her with his passion. Dragging her hips down into his, hands forcing her to grip him as he raised himself, shuffling out of jeans so he could fill her. Her own preparations being stopped as he just slit her jeans open with a claw. Her head against his own as he slid her down, the growling in her throat being balanced by the one in his chest.

The feel of him stretching her, the raw passion of his mouth as it chased over her skin, hands never still on her body. Drowning in him, losing herself to the fire in her blood, listening to that alone as he began to pull her hips toward him. Finally seeing his eyes, the mixture of their colours, hazel ringed with darkness, a blend of the two personalities that filled him. Smiling as she clenched herself tighter with each pull of her hips toward his own.
Lifting his hands for a second to lift her shirt up, freeing her breasts to his mouth, the sensations he was giving her keeping her mind concentrating on the *now*. Suckling he flicked her nipples with his tongue, sliding the rough surface over the sensitive skin, taking his time with each one, thrusting into her body as a counterpoint to the sensations he was creating in her.

Gripping the back of the seat behind him she ground herself down into him, filling herself totally with all he had to give but still wanting more of him. Letting her own darkness out of her as she began to move with him, meeting his thrusts with her own. Sweat beginning to rise through her skin as she fought against his control of her. Eyes blazing as she forced his head off her breasts, taking his mouth and plundering it, biting, suckling his tongue as it entered her mouth. Hands grabbing hold of his still wet hair and keeping him still as she ground herself deeper into him.
His own movements stilling as he let her drive, letting her shift over him, feeling her body curling into the power that was coursing through nerves already sparking at the strain. The scent of their combined bodies driving her insane, fighting against her need to hurt him, to feel blood flowing under her hands. Her claws firing behind him, smashing through the tempered glass and steel giving her a firmer grip to grind down. The scent of her own blood making her go over the edge Logan had been driving her toward, snarling out his name as he gripped her tight to him. His own hips shifting as she stayed still; her core spasming around him as she felt his breath against her skin. He followed her soon after, hands locked on her hips, head buried in her breast, sweat running down his skin mingling with hers.

There had been no foreplay, nothing but the playfulness that had erupted into this *need*, this drive to mate, to seek comfort, bonding against the enemy that lay only a few hours away. Yet she'd fought him, taken her own pleasure in hand as well as his, this time she'd been an aggressor and as she slid her claws free of the metal and glass behind his head. He'd smiled at her, as they slid away back into her arms he'd taken her hands, licking the blood from her skin where they'd torn through. The sensation making her quiver again, the skin so sensitive, so thin it felt like he was licking her wounds. Heat, pleasure, so different from what she'd just experienced with him, her eyes fluttered closed as he continued to clean the skin of her hands.

When he'd finished he pulled her to his open mouth, sharing her taste with her, mingling with the cigar and the musky taste she'd always assocaited with Logan. They didn't talk, they didn't even make a sound as they both made themselves decent again. When he pulled out into the traffic again and they were making headway did he break the comfortable silence between them.
"So, you got the memory sorted out?"
Nodding she answered, "Sure, ah'll use what ah have an we'll wing the rest." Holding her shoulder to his he smiled, they needed to be natural not complete in every detail, eyes missed things and memory wasn't perfect. Xavier knew that just as much as he did.

The next thing wouldn't be as easy to ask of her but he had to. "I need you to do something when we get back." She raised her head and caught his serious look, smiling she stroked his cheek as she waited for him to ask it. "I want you to drain someone, someone at the school." She didn't pull away but her eyes went distant, looking out at the rain filled road ahead of them.
"Why?" He sighed out, his voice dropping to a whisper.
"Because we need to convince them that your skin is still a problem, that you, *we* need our space, that we're dangerous to keep nearby. There's several places on the grounds we can stay in, without being in the house proper. The further away we are the better, so I need you to arrange an 'accident'."

Marie gave this some thought, it sounded okay in practice and she wouldn't have to take much of someone to drop them. Plus it would be a chance to use her control on someone else apart from Logan. But how to do it? A thought swam into her mind, she'd need to be assessed by Xavier, how much useful stuff Logan had shown her. That meant a session in the danger room, thing is how could she'd convince someone to come in with her?
"Logan," he quickly looked at her taking his gaze away from the semi that was just in front of them.
"What?"
"Could you get an alpha team member to test me?" She watched as his smile split across his face, he squeezed her to him, pride evident in his scent.
"Sure I could, damn I bet I'd even get Scott in there, along with the Ice Prick." He checked her face ans saw the steel the winter had revealed in her eyes. "Sure that's what you want?" She nodded as the rain began to finally slow down into mist, her conviction making her confident.
"Yeah it's what ah want, they think ah can't do it, wouldn't do it, time to put them straight don't ya think?" His reply was a kiss on her head, smiling she cuddled upto him, the still wet feeling in between her legs a reminder of how much she trusted him and him her.

When they got home they were in for a surprise, Rogue was no longer just a second stringer, a hanger back, she could and would kill. An someone would have that pointed out to them very soon; a smile that had nothing to do with her humanity spread across her face at the thought of the blood and pain she would inflict on those who'd chained her. Those who'd thought she was in need of pity, using her as bait for the trap, on no she had a few tricks of her own and she had no qualms about using them.