The sound of traffic after the silence of the ocean grated on Rogue’s nerves as she moved through the crowded streets. Pausing in front of a window, she smiled softly and hurried to the door. Slipping inside, she frowned slightly. An annoying buzz on the back of her neck followed by the low, angry snarl of Logan in her head and Magneto’s sudden tensing told her that she was being followed.

Subtly glancing behind her, she swore as she realized who the fool was that had been following her. Shaking her head, she glanced around and noted the number of people present even as she shifted, waiting for him to make a move.

“Good afternoon, I’m Marissa,” the accented voice belonged to an older woman who smiled warmly at Rogue where she stood by the door.

“Afternoon. I, uh, know I don’t have an appointment. I came in on…”

“No problem,” the woman waved away her concern. “You seem a bit tense, is there a problem?”

“Another person from the cruise I’m on is following me. He hasn’t really gotten it into his head that I’m not interested, despite the repeated brush offs,” Rogue explained softly. “I’ll deal with him later.”

“Nonsense,” the woman stated calmly, her gaze scanning the crowd behind the young woman. “We don’t allow that sort of thing around here. I’ll inform security,” she reached over and pushed a small button summoning the doorman.

Stepping past the woman, Rogue eyed the clothing hanging on racks around the room, only half paying attention to the whispered conversation between the woman and the tall, broad shoulder man standing there with an impassive look upon his face.

Catching sight of a black silk robe, she moved closer to it and pulled it out, staring at the embroidered designs even as she smiled slightly. Perhaps they had one that was big enough for Logan; she didn’t think he’d refuse to wear it.

“Now that the unpleasantness is dealt with, what can I do for you?”

“I’m, uh, I’m doing my shopping for my wedding and honeymoon,” Rogue stated calmly, softly. No one needed to know he hadn’t asked her yet… this was about being prepared, showing him she was a woman, an adult.

“Okay. What would you like?”

“Everything,” Rogue giggled softly. “I need everything from the skin out for myself and I want to get him something that he can wear as well.”

“What interests do you share? Any particular bedroom games you enjoy playing?”

Rogue gave a hint of a smile, “We like to dress up.”

“Dress up?” the woman frowned, “I’m afraid we don’t carry…”

“Not in costumes,” Rogue raised a hand, “Um, my skin reacts when its touched, it hurts people so we, um, we have to wear body suits.”

“All the time?” the woman looked shocked, horrified, and sympathetic.

“Only when I’m super excited or stressed. A wedding sorta stresses people out and we just want to be sure that we both have protection. Don’t want to hurt him on our wedding night.”

“Oh, okay,” with a quick nod the woman scanned the room. “Well, we do have several suits that cover from head to toe in various colors, styles, shades. Are you in town for a while?”

“Yes,” Rogue agreed.

“Perfect, if you don’t find something we have that you like I can have it specially made for you. It usually takes a day to get it back though.”

“That’s okay. Let’s have a look, shall we?” Rogue smiled, at ease as the woman went through the various lingerie items they had, as well as the body suits. Picking out a couple that she knew Logan would like in his size she also made several selections for herself.

When Marissa turned to set another item on the counter Rogue caught sight of an outfit hanging on a rack. Reaching over she picked it up and studied it, a slow, appreciative grin crossing her face.

“This as well,” she said holding it up and handing it to Marissa, “Do you have it in dark green as well as the white?”

Marissa smiled, “I think so. But if you really like that one, I might have something else you’d enjoy. Right over here,” pulling the dark forest green piece off the rack she held it up and glanced at Rogue, “Well?”

“Both. I’ll take both in my size,” Rogue smirked, “After all a girl can’t have too many. I’ll also need at least a dozen pairs or more of matching panties, bikini cut as well as thong, and one or two strapless bras.”

“Stockings?”

Rogue frowned slightly, “I never even thought of that. I suppose I will need them, especially for under my wedding dress. Is there a good shop here that…?”

“Down the street about three blocks is a place called Artemis, tell them I sent you and be prepared to be dazzled. If they don’t have it, you don’t want it.”

“Thank you; I’m gonna pay for this and head over, would you mind wrapping it and I’ll pick it up later?”

“Not at all, Rogue,” Marissa said following Rogue to the counter. “I’ll have George there escort you down the block. That bloke doesn’t need to be haunting your every step.”

“Thank you,” with a grin, Rogue offered the slim silver card that was directly linked to her bank account in New York. An account that no one not even the Professor knew about – after all a girl had to have some secrets. After paying for her purchases, Rogue slipped out of the boutique and headed down the street with George.

When he left her at the door to the bridal shop, Rogue sighed. Obviously that dick of Cherie’s hadn’t gotten the hint, he was lounging against the window of another store a few feet away, staring at her.

Glaring at him, she jerked open the door and stepped inside to be greeted by a tall, willowy redhead whose name tag read Nicki, who eyed her distrustfully, “Can I help you?”

“Uh, yes, Marissa from Trighton’s Lingerie sent me. I’m looking for a bridal gown.”

Instantly the girl’s smile warmed, her posture relaxed and she took Rogue’s arm, “Come in then. I’m sorry we’ve had some rather unsightly people in lately that, well, damaged a couple of the gowns beyond repair and it was a rather ugly scene. I jumped to the conclusion that you were…” the girl paused and waved her hands away, “Forgive me.”

“Of course,” Rogue smirked at her. “I have an idea of what I want, what’s the possibility of you having it?”

“Describe it, honey,” the girl winked at her.

~I sure as hell hope you ain’t going in for one of those upside down bowl skirted things. I wanna be able to see you under the satin y’know.~ Logan’s whisper had her giggling in her mind.

“Something sinfully sexy, strapless and fitted, I don’t want a long train, but it must be able to fit a corset under it.”

“Corset?”

“Something my other half likes the look of,” Rogue replied softly, “Got anything like that?”

“Several,” Nicki declared and led the way to the back of the store where a rack hung. Sorting through the gowns, she pulled three off the rack and hung them nearby before turning to face the girl who had entered the shop. “You like these ones?”

“Yes,” Rogue nodded softly, thoughtfully, the low, pleased purr in her mind telling her Logan liked them too.

Both women glanced up at the jingle of the bell and Rogue tensed as she recognized the blonde haired snake that walked toward her. Clenching her fists she glared at him. She was unwilling to make a scene and ruin her shopping trip, and yet she wanted to have her space and to be left alone. Mentally shrugging the possibility of making a purchase here goodbye she shifted, her body taking on the stance Logan had taught her for a fight.

“There you are, darlin’,” he smirked at her as he walked up closer than was safe. “How goes the shopping?”

“Don’t you understand English?” Rogue hissed as he moved even closer and pressed against her. Pushing him away, she glared, “Or are you just too stupid to?”

“She can be a bit temperamental,” he smiled charmingly at the sales girl and leaned in closer to Rogue, “What, I’m not good enough for you? You like ‘em mute? Was he good in the sack?” he whispered softly, blowing on her neck even as he leaned toward her a little more.

“Back off,” Rogue hissed angrily, “Or you’re gonna be wishing you hadn’t met me.”

“Ooh, such a feisty little girl. I like that,” he drawled.

“Listen Regibald or whatever you wanna call yourself it’s really plain and simple. Fuck off!” Rogue snarled grabbing his throat in a move she knew Scott had never taught them, “I won’t tell you again. In fact, you come near me again and I will clean the decks with your face. Understand that?”

The garbled sound of his breathing did little to ease her anger, “I am not a holiday fling, nor am I interested in having an affair with a married man. I have a real man waiting for me at home…”

“Some stupid redneck cage brawler?” he croaked.

“Yeah, some stupid, redneck cage brawler with six nine inch long adamantium claws in each hand and the skill to use them to take your buttons off your coat or shave your head! You touch me again, you even come within arms reach of me and I will call him and he will be here within a half hour and he will kick your ass right after I finish stomping you into the ground! And while you’re laying there bleeding and moaning at the pain of broken bones he’ll fuck me hard enough to rock the entire boat! Get the fuckin’ picture?” dropping him she sucked in a quick breath and turned to Nicki, “I do apologize. I’ll leave before you…”

“No, no,” Nicki held up a hand and smiled softly. “I’ll have someone escort him back to his hotel or wherever he’s staying. It’s obvious to me that you were provoked and you didn’t do any damage.”

Standing panting Rogue glared at the man on the floor who lay trying to collect his breath, “You never learn, do you? Figure because you’ve got money that every woman wants you… frankly I’d rather stick with my friends, my family, with my redneck Logan because you aren’t worth the effort it would take to wash your filth off of me!”

Watching him being carted off, Rogue sighed as she realized she’d revealed that at least Logan was a mutant in front of people she didn’t know. ~Oh God, Logan, I’m so sorry! I didn’t think…~

~Hey, you did what you had ta to protect yourself from that bastard without using your skin. I’ll live with these people knowing I’m a mutant.~

~But, I shouldn’t have said that. I should have thought it through first! God how stupid, how childish…~

~No, not childish. You’re all woman. You didn’t hide behind me; you merely reinforced the fact that I exist. I’m proud of you, baby.~

“Would you like a glass of water or something?” Nicki asked softly, aware of the turmoil in the woman’s eyes.

Rogue exhaled shakily and shook her head, “No, I’m fine. I just lost it there for a moment. Please, I’m fine.”

“I’ll get you one regardless,” Nicki said and hurried off. A moment later she was back with a tall bottle of water, “Here you are. Uh, did you want sequins?”

“Sure, pearls, sequins, beads, whatever. I know how much I’m looking to spend; I’ll know the gown as soon as I see it!”


Twenty minutes later Rogue gasped as she stared at the gown in front of her. The gown was exactly what she’d wanted, a deep plunging V neckline with an empire waist and beautiful flow detail.

“What’s the lace at the bottom?”

“Ivory Alençon Lace peeks out of the neckline and hem,” Nicki stated calmly. “It’s actually one of our best dresses made by Alvin Valenta. The train is a sweep train if you’re curious.”

“Perfect, I love it. The only problem I might have is alterations…”

“We can courier it back and forth if you like or if you’ve got a tailor back home…”

“My undergarments are being packed up as we speak,” Rogue sighed and smiled at Nicki, “I’ll fetch them and be right back. As long as I’m wearing them, we should have an idea of what would need to be adjusted and what won’t.”

Nicki nodded and watched Rogue hurry off, leaving the gown and her shoes. Shaking her head the woman sighed, obviously this woman knew exactly what she wanted, glancing at the dress she chuckled, it would be a good commission if she up sold her but did she really want to? The woman probably knew more about what she wanted than anyone else did and it didn’t matter what she offered – if it wasn’t wanted it wouldn’t be purchased!



Two hours later Rogue sat at a sidewalk café nursing a cup of coffee even as she noticed the familiar figure of the ship’s Captain approaching. With a sigh she shrugged, it had been nice while it lasted but even she knew she couldn’t nearly choke the man and expect to get away with it.

“I hear you’ve been busy,” settling across from her, the Captain smiled.

“Yeah, well, I don’t take kindly to having some dick shove himself against me,” Rogue grumbled.

“So I heard. He wants you thrown off the ship.”

Rogue stared out over the street, enjoying the moment of hustle and bustle, “So are you going to do as he asks?”

“Depends on what you want. Somehow I doubt if he’s going to forgive and forget. It may be a risk to continue on the voyage,” he explained. “Personally I’d rather have you on board then him but as I said it’s your decision.”

“I did pay for a round trip,” Rogue pointed out softly. “And while I’m not adverse to losing money, I just don’t want to do it because I’m not about to let someone try to coerce me into having sex with him.”

A quick nod of agreement, “I’ll pay for your return home to New York on a jet if you’d like.”

Rogue slid a glance at him, “You’ll explain to the Monroes? I don’t want them to think this is their fault or the result of anything they’ve done.”

“I’ll be very clear when I explain that you’ve decided to return to New York. What do you want me to do with Reginald?”

“You could throw him overboard in shark infested waters and I’d be happy but that’s not likely to happen so do the one thing that he’d hate. Shun his wife so she spends time with him!”

Chuckling at her words, he nodded, “Did you still have some shopping to do?”

“Yeah, give me another day before my flight out,” Rogue sighed before looking at her companion for the moment, “It’s high time I went home and faced my future anyway.”

“He’s a very lucky man, Rogue,” with a smile he rose, “And if he loves you half as much as you love him, you’ll both be okay.”

Nodding, Rogue settled back in her chair, content for the moment. She still had a few things to pick up but she’d be home soon and then…Then Logan wouldn’t know what hit him. His little Marie, the scrawny kid from his trailer had grown into a woman and she wanted her man!