**Logan, your presence in the briefing room is needed**

Urgh. It always takes couple of minutes to recover from Xavier’s summons. It probably is too much to ask to lower his voice with a couple of notch. It’s not like I’m deaf, even if I’m not the most receiving person telepathically speaking.

As usual, Scott and the crew are already waiting, primped and prepped when I rush in. Getting in to leather is a bitch. I still don’t understand why I can’t go in my jeans. Easier to move and easier to take off afterwards. And get your mind out of the gutter. Have you ever tried to peel off blood, sweat and shit soaked leather while you’re so fucking tired that it hurts just to lift your pinkie? If not, keep your mouth shut.

“What is it this time?” And why the fuck is everybody staring at me… Oh. Zipper. Oops.
“Magneto has escaped from the prison. We have a reason to believe that he’s going to renew his efforts of the mutant supremacy,” Professor explains. Magneto? What the fuck am I doing here? There’s not much I can do about it. Without Scott majority of New Yorkers would be dead as a doornail, I would be a fucking pretzel and Marie… Marie would be dead.
“Were not expecting you to come along. But it looks like you didn’t manage to dispose Mystique and Sabretooth. Team is leaving to capture Magneto in five minutes. We’re going to stay back and hold the fort, just in case his friends decide to make an appearance,” Professor says. And fuck if he isn’t wearing leather, too. A cloak made of black leather and small X’s embroidered to sleeves and the hood of it. I have to bite my lip to stifle quite unmanly giggle that threatens to escape. I do not giggle. At least not in front of the most powerful telepath in the world. I’m not stupid, you know.

“I have alerted children. They’re in Danger Room. I disabled all the programs, so they’re quite safe.”
“Good. You should go in there, too.” Because telepathic or not, there’s not a lot he can do against Sabretooth. His mind is too much alike mine. Xavier’s able to control him brief periods of time, but it takes a lot out from him.
“No. I have already sat aside too many times while my children go to war. It’s time to stop hiding.” I hate it when they start this noble shit. Like it would do any good to the people he’s trying to protect if he’s getting gutted like a fish.
“You can do your magic from down there as well as in up here. You’re going. And that’s final.” Thank God I have the final say in these matters. Xavier looks a bit miffed, but takes the elevator.

I think I have never seen this place this empty and quiet. It’s like a fucking mausoleum. Scents are still floating around, but it’s so quiet I can hear my own heart beating. Slow, steady rhythm. Calm. Have to stay calm. Few times I have slipped in the battle. Not a good thing to happen. It took days to sort out my head afterwards.

Kitchen. Check. Classrooms. Check. Dorms. Check. Calm and quiet. All doors open. Easier to scan the place. Easier to spy on to certain little girly…

She was in the bed when Xavier called. Bedclothes are rumpled. There’s a pocketbook on the pillow. Never pegged her the type to read those. Box of chocolates on a small table next to bed. Every surface of the room covered with stuffed animals. It’s quite sad, actually. She’s fucking seventeen. Should be getting groped at the backseat of a car instead of staying home, cuddled up with a mountain of fake fur and cotton.

That’s a new one. Looks like hand-made. Small card attached to it. From Jubilee. What the crap is this supposed to be? A fucking beaver with claws? I will never understand that kid. Not if I lived thousand years.

Bathroom. For what the fuck do women need all this stuff? Five different deodorants, three brands of toothpaste. Okay, those I can understand. But it’s all the rest of the stuff that I can’t understand. Jar after jar different creams and lotions. Four different shampoos. Hmm… Only one bottle of bath gel. That freaking strawberry. I thought she had gotten rid of it already.

I wasn’t home last Christmas, but from what I heard afterwards, it had been quite scary episode. Screaming Marie sitting in a tub filled with strawberry-scented redness. Uh-huh. Better not go there. Don’t really have the urge to end up as one of those sick old pervs who get off by thinking little girls…

There’s one thing I’m going to do. Right now. Those fucking bunny-slippers. I’m going to get rid of them. She will fucking never ever get laid wearing those. Not that it’s somehow my business if she’ll get laid or not. But those slippers got to go. Now, where the fuck are those… Here, bunny, bunny, bunny… Got some carrots for you… One freaking big carrot…

**Logan? Team is back. Meet us in briefing room.**