I’m finishing my class, giving kids last instructions and sending them to showers when Professor wheels in to gym.
“Logan,” he greets me with that ever-present, polite smile of his. I nod and grunt. Start collecting scattered gym mats. Xavier just sits there, staring at me with unreadable expression on his face, and truth to be told, it’s freaking me out. Like he knows something about me. And there’s not much that he already doesn’t know about me.

“It’s Rogue.”
“What about her?” I ask, dragging the pile of green mats to the side.
“There’s something bothering her. I gave her rest of the day free. I was hoping you could look in to it.”
“Why me?” It’s not like I’m her guardian. I’m just a guy who had enough common sense to offer her a free ride when she was running.
“She trusts you.” Duh. And why is that?
“She trusts me. Have you ever considered why?” Because for a telepath Xavier can be quite slow on the uptake.
“Every freaking time there’s something wrong with her, or she needs somebody, you push her to me. Like I was the only one capable of taking care of her. No wonder she thinks I’m the only reliable one around here…”
“If that’s how you feel, it may be better if I asked Jean…” Professor starts.
“Don’t bother. I’ll go and see what’s going on.”

As much as I hate to play counselor to a teenage girl, I have to admit that the trust she so openly offers tickles my ego in a good way. Like I could be something more that I am. Like I really could be somebody. Somebody worthy of that trust. So, I take a quick shower and get dressed before taking the lift to first floor. Go and make myself a sandwich before taking the stairs to the second floor.

“Just a minute!” I can hear bedclothes rustling after I knock on the door. Is she sick? In bed at this time of the day? Door opens, and she stands there, dressed to her pajamas and those hideous bunny-slippers. I swear one of those is trying to wink at me. Creepy.
“You alright? Professor asked me to check on you.” She blushes. She actually blushes, cheeks turning to crimson.
“I’m… I’m just fine. It’s just a little headache…” She stutters. And that’s a fucking lie. Big fat lie. First one I have ever caught her.
“Need anything? I could go and ask Jean some painkillers,” I propose, just to see how she’ll react. She squirms a bit, the shakes her head.
“No. I just need to sleep it off. I guess I was up too late last night…” And she’s blushing even more, eyes darting between her slippers and the doorframe. She knows she can’t fool me. Have to give her some credit for trying. I would probably have bought her act if it had been any other of these brats scurrying around. But what the hell. It’s obviously something personal.
“Okay. But go to see Jean if you’re not better tomorrow.”

I have rest of the day off. I can just kick back and relax. Best place to do it would be the garage. Tinkering with my bike. Not going to happen today. I noticed earlier from the roster that Scott had the place booked to his mechanics class for the rest of the day. Now there’s just something about that guy that makes me want to growl and pop my claws. Just out of the principle. To see how high he would jump. He’s so fucking anal about every little detail. I bet that if Jean bothered to take a look, she would find quite thick and long pole buried up in Scott’s ass. And wasn’t that just disturbing image…

Yeah. There’s much more important things to think about than Scott and poles in any part of his anatomy. Like Marie, for example. What is so freaking personal that she feels uncomfortable discussing about it with me? I fucking know what kind of tampons she uses, and when. If that’s not personal, and kind of awkward, then I don’t know what is.

Might be some guy. There’s a scary thought. Marie with guys. Men rarely tend to think with their brain when Marie’s in close proximity. With that skin of hers… It’s going to be hell when she finally decides to loosen up and start dating. Might be a good idea to bail out from here before it happens. Or not. If anything, it should be quite amusing to watch those brats first toppling over each other in their haste to nail her, then toppling over when they get first hand experience from her touch.

Shit. I really am a bastard. But on the other hand, why the fuck should I care?