“Rogue, let me in.” What the fuck? It’s two o’clock in the middle of the night? What the hell is Scott doing behind my door at this hour? And what makes him think I would let him in?
“Come on. This is important. It’s about Logan.” And why is he whispering?
“Hurry up. We don’t have all night.”

“What? If this is part of Xavier’s strategy to convince me how wrong and ugly it was…” I start and open the door. Scott pushes in to my room, grabs me and covers my mouth.
“Shut up, and listen. Listen carefully.” I try to struggle, but he’s stronger than I. And covered from head to toe. He really has prepared for this… This… What ever this is. He’s holding me with one hand and pushes the door closed with other.
“It’s about Logan. If I let you go, promise not to scream?” He whispers. Why the fuck is he whispering? Only one way to find out. I nod. For the best of my abilities. It’s kind of hard to move your head when it’s squished between man’s palm and chest, but I guess I manage just fine. Scott seems to think so, too, because he lets me go.

“You have to take him out. Just take him and leave. Now.” Huh? I’m sure I didn’t hear that right. Or there’s something wrong with the way my brain is processing things. Scott didn’t just tell me to take Logan with me and run. Did he?
“We had a meeting tonight. Xavier’s… Oh, shit. It’s bad. You have to leave. I’ll give you codes to the elevator and to DR. You can take his bike. I don’t think it’s rigged. Jean is packing you some supplies in the kitchen.” Why this is so fucking easy? Why are they suddenly so nice to me?
“There’s a but?”
“Yeah. Xavier has Logan’s memory blocked. He’s not going to remember what happened after last Tuesday. I’m sorry, but we can’t help it. And it’s better than he looses some, than that he looses it all… Come on! Why aren’t you getting dressed already? I don’t know how long Jean can keep this a secret from Xavier!”

Last Tuesday. The day I saw him in the bathtub.
“He doesn’t remember anything?” Oh, God. This isn’t happening.
“Move! Put some clothes on, take him and leave! You have time to cry over it later!” It’s easy for Scott to say. Maybe it isn’t even right kind of comparison, but how would he feel if one day Jean wouldn’t suddenly remember their marriage. Their life together. I tell it to him.
“At least you have the chance to start over with Logan. Take it before it’s too late. Jean can’t hold Xavier back much longer.” Can’t hold Xavier back? What is he going to do? He already has Logan locked up and his memory tampered…
“Xavier is planning to wipe Logan’s memory. Right now his memories are still there, just behind a block. If Xavier has his will, Logan will loose those memories for good.” Oh. This is bad. I start scurrying around, jumping around in my underwear. Scott blushes and clears his throat.
“Here. The one starting with an x opens the elevator. The one below it will override the locking mechanism in DR. Go to garage through Blackbird’s hangar. I have disabled security cameras from there. Gives you more time to get out. I’ll go and see if Jean needs help…” He says handing me a scrap of paper. And with that Scott’s gone.

I choose the same clothes I had on when I first saw Logan. They’re old and worn, but they’re comfortable. And I really don’t want take with me anything that I have gotten from Xavier. Symbolic and maybe utterly needless and stupid gesture that I probably will regret at some point, but right now it feels like the right thing to do.

Now I’m standing in front of the elevator. There’s a backpack on the floor next to it. Parting gift from Scott and Jean. My hands are trembling. What if this is a set up? Some evil scheme that they could use to prove that Logan truly is the monster they claim him to be? What if Scott and Jean are truly trying to help me, but Logan’s even more messed up from the head than they know? What if he doesn’t remember me at all? If Xavier has already wiped his memory?

I will be none the wiser if I just stand here. I punch in the code Scott gave me. Wait for the alarm. Wait for them to jump out and scream ‘sucker!’. None of that happens. Elevator slides open. I take the backpack and walk in. It’s only one floor, but ride feels like it lasts forever. Finally door opens, and I stand at the end of metal corridor. At the other end of it I can see the door to Cerebro. What if Professor is there right now? Waiting for me, like a spider waiting for the fly to stumble in its net?

This iffing isn’t going to help me now. I brace myself and step in to the corridor. Elevator closes behind me, and I can hear it returning to ground level. Code that Scott gave me won’t bring it back down. Only one way to go now.

Massive door to Danger Room. Red light blinks couple of times before turning off. I can hear movement when door starts to open. Surprised gasp and soft footsteps. Logan. Oh, God. Let him be all right. Let him remember.

“Marie?” He’s standing at the doorstep, looking at me and shuffling his feet hesitantly.
“We are leaving. Scott and Jean let us go. Come on.” I turn and start walking down the corridor, towards the hangar. I can hear Logan walking behind me. I can practically taste anxiety and tension radiating from him. I would like to stop and tell him that everything’s okay, but there’s no time for that. I don’t know how long Scott and Jean can keep Xavier and Ororo oblivious.

“Scott told me to take your bike.” Logan nods. Then narrows his eyes.
“I don’t have the keys. They’re in my jacket pocket, and my jacket’s in my room.” Would Scott be that stupid?
“Wait. I’ll see what’s in here…” I open the backpack. Logan’s jacket is there; on top of variety of food and everything else Jean thought we might need.
“Okay. We’re good to go,” Logan grunts, putting on his jacket. I shoulder the backpack.
“Are we good?” He asks before sitting on the bike. I nod and brush a quick kiss to his cheek. He doesn’t look reassured, but small spark of hope flashes briefly in his eyes.