Author's Chapter Notes:
This was a bi-polar bunny. It reproduces by duplicating. And it really starts to freak me out. I have no idea if it's finished yet, so I leave this unfinished just in case.
“We all have our little vices…” Marie whispers. A cigar would be a good idea right about now.
“That we do…” Sweet Jesus. Haven’t felt this good in ages. There’s only so much that a willing partner can do. Usually it just takes off the edge, keeps me from losing it completely. Don’t really know if the need for blood is something I have always had, or is it something that has developed over the years, but when it starts to itch, I have to scratch it.

I have always had a healthy appetite when it comes to sex. I bet Scooter would say I’m just dirty old pervert. I may be. But that’s something between me and myself. Don’t go clawing random fucks. I’m no sadist.

Feels like I can finally breathe properly. Night is warm. Cigar is good. I’m relaxed, fucking boneless. Marie’s in the kitchen. Can smell vanilla and her shampoo. She looked little flustered when I walked in, but I guess anybody is a bit off at this time of night.

Now, there’s something I can’t understand. I have tried to ask her, several times, but it looks like she doesn’t know, either. What the fuck is it with women and ice cream? When I wake up in the middle of the night my first instinct doesn’t drive me out of bed to search something sugary and cold. My first instinct usually tells me to fuck off, because it would like to continue sleeping.

“You had a nightmare?” Marie. Standing at the doorstep. White pajamas and pink bunny slippers.
“No. Just came to smoke.”
“Oh. It’s a nice night,” she says and shuffles to the chair next to mine.
“Yeah. What about you? What’s keeping you up?” I ask. It’s only polite, and I kind of like her company.
“Just came to get some ice cream.”
“New slippers?” I haven’t seen those on her before. She plops one foot to my lap for closer inspection. Pink. Fluffy. Bunny. And it fucking stares at me. Creepy.
“Went to mall with Jubes today. These were just too cute to be left alone.” She fiddles her toes, and long, pink bunny-ear flops down on top of beady bunny-eye. Downright creepy. Suddenly she seems to remember something.
“Oh! I forgot to tell you earlier! I got my ears pierced!”

Suddenly I have a lap full of Marie, offering her earlobe under my scrutiny. Usually wouldn’t give a flying fuck about what these critters do, but she’s different. I kind of feel responsible of her. She shuffles and tries to lean closer so that I can see and bumps against my chest. I pretend to choke on my cigar, because that bump… I’m not completely healed, and that short brush of her elbow felt way too good.
“Stop squirming. Let me see…” Because I know somebody who will get not one, but three piercings through his balls if Marie’s isn’t done properly. I know the guy who runs the shop at the mall.

I have to admit they look good on her. Two on both earlobes. Small hoops dangling from them.
“Silver?” It doesn’t look like silver, but what do I know?
“Surgical steel. Guy that did this said to wait until they were healed before trying other materials.”
“Smart guy…”

She sighs and leans her head to my shoulder, cradling against me like a kitten. She is growing up. Wearing make-up, giggling with Jubilee and other kids, shopping skimpy clothes and getting straight A’s in classes, but nights like these, when she’s with me, she’s not Rogue. She’s Marie again. Little kid I found from my trailer.
“Come on, don’t fall asleep on me.” We should get back in before she catches cold or something.
“I bet there aren’t too many women you have to say that…” She’s grinning and sliding off from my lap.
“You’re the only one, darling…” I slap her ass lightly when she disappears giggling back to the mansion.

It actually happened once. I was out here, having a beer and a cigar when she came to me. Just hopped on my lap. We started talking. Talked just about everything there is to talk about. Good and long conversation. I finished my beer and cigar and got some more. Didn’t get drunk, but had definitely a slight buzz going on. It was well past midnight when Marie finally dozed off. I was going to finish my cigar and carry her to her bed after it. Next thing I realized it was morning, and Scooter was staring at me, his nose only inches from mine, quite puzzled look on his face. Took a lot of explaining and mindscan from Xavier before they believed my explanation of how I had gotten there, half naked kid on my lap.

Yeah. It’s getting colder. Closer to dawn. Dew clinging to every surface. I should go back to bed, but what’s the point. In two hours I have to get up anyway. Might as well sit here and enjoy the silence.