“Yeah?” Logan’s leaning forward, his hands braced to both sides of the doorframe.
“Well, speak up. Don’t have all night…” He closes his eyes and shakes his head. Wrinkles his brow and tries to focus his gaze to my face.
“I… Uh…”
“Kid, we really have to talk. We have to do it later. I’m kind of tired now…” It’s taking all his strength just to stay upright. His head droops lower. Suddenly he chuckles. He’s looking at my slippers.
“Fucking bunnies. They’re weird.” And I can’t help it. I take a step closer and wrap my arms around him. Bury my face to his chest. There might be moments I’m afraid of him. Afraid of things he does. Afraid of myself. Right now he’s just Logan, and I’m just Marie. He sways a bit before he finds his balance again. One strong hand comes around me and his face lands on top of my head.
“I’m sorry if I scared you,” he mumbles, his warm breath seeping through my hair. He’s leaning already more on me than the doorframe. I don’t think I can carry his whole weight.

“Logan? You’re kind of heavy…”
“Yeah…” He’s straightening his stance but doesn’t let go of me. I have to tilt my head backwards to see his face. There’s a dull, glassy look in his eyes.
“Shit… I really have to go to bed. You couldn’t just answer to that fucking phone?” He hisses and stumbles backwards, taking me with him. Luckily we land on the bed.
“Good night, kid…” Logan mumbles, closing his eyes and pushing me off. I land on the floor. I can hear him cursing silently.
“You alright?” He manages a weak whisper.
“Yeah.” I hit my tailbone and it hurts like a bitch, but he doesn’t have to know that. I stand up slowly, rubbing my ass. Logan’s already fast asleep, clutching my teddy against his chest. There are moments, and there are Kodak-moments. I try to jostle him to a more comfortable position. He hates sleeping on his back, so I push him on his side. He sighs and squints his eyes half open.
“Go to bed, Marie… You have English lit at eight…”

That do I have. Jean’s class. And she’s currently standing at the doorstep, observing us with unreadable look on her face.
“Logan?” She’s walking closer and Logan is trying to get up.
“You know I don’t… Want people in here…” He’s slurring. His eyes are now open. Pupils like pinpricks. He’s afraid.
“It’s okay. I just came to get Rogue. I noticed she came in.”
“Kid’s okay… She’s going to bed… Get the fuck out of here, Jeannie… Please…” And I can’t just stand and look anymore. I move between them.
“I’ll be alright. Go back to sleep -eeep!” Logan hauls me to the bed, hiding his face against my back. He’s falling back to sleep but his hand around my waist grips me like a vice.

“Uhh…” Jean steps closer to help me, and low rumble reverberates from Logan’s chest.
“Maybe he’ll let go if you go out?” Because as cute and cuddly as Logan was with my teddy, this doesn’t feel cute and cuddly anymore. This is starting to freak me out. Jean backs away from the room slowly. With every retreating step Logan’s hold around me loosens, and finally I’m able to squirm loose and follow Jean to the corridor. We close the door silently. Jean tiptoes to her and Scott’s room. I sneak in to mine. It’s four o’clock. In three hours I have to get up, have some breakfast and act all chirpy and refreshed. Crap.