Author's Chapter Notes:
Got this all typed in two days or so, and that is with it being finals week so enjoy!!! And Happy Holidays!!!
“You left a message that you wished to speak to me, what can I do for you Logan?”

The Professor had found Logan looking over the preschool/kindergarten classrooms, watching over Ella as she was learning her ABC’s. Logan wasn’t surprised that the Professor had found, he was actually glad, he would much rather have this conversation were he could see one of his strength and not back down from the responsibility he now had to face.

“Yes, I would like to ask for a job.” The professor nodded his head and waited for Logan to continue. “One that won’t be overly demanding right now, since I have Ella to look after. But something to help around the school during the day, I know you are a bit short on teachers…” Logan trailed off and looked down at the Professor who had a smirk (yes my audience a smirk) on his face.

“I have found myself in a bit of bind with teachers on different leaves all at once. I am positive that Scott and Bobby would not mind handing over their physical education and defense classes. I know that you are more comfortable in the gym than in front of a classroom. When would like to start?”

Logan thought about what he asked for and what the Professor was offering. Being a PE teacher would be nice, he would have the same schedule as Ella and it could be somewhat flexible with her and Marie’s needs. “If Rogue or Ella need me, I might have to cancel some classes.”

“That is understandable.” The Professor knew that Logan through thru asking for a job before he actually asked, but now that the offer was out there he needed to think it through even more. So he did what he did best by waiting silently and patiently, and tried to ignore the rather loud thoughts that were coming from Logan.

“Thank you Charles for the offer of teaching position. I know that you would rather have someone more qualified, but I will do my best.” Logan shook Charles hand as a form of agreement and closure to the new job. “Is Wednesday early enough to start. I want to make sure Ella is ok with it, and run it by Rogue too. She wouldn’t want to be left out of this decision.”

“Of course Logan, that is completely understandable. Does this mean that you will be staying with us for a while?” The Professor surprisingly had to ask. The thoughts running thru Logan’s mind were so fast and un-connected that he had a hard time sorting them out. He knew that Logan was torn between wanting to be with Rogue and finding his past, but know Logan was thinking of Ella and Rogue being sick and so much more that the Professor was surprised that Logan was not being admitted in the hospital wing for being overly stressed.

Logan was again watching Ella in her class, but the Professor knew that he would answer. “This means Chuck, that my girl is sick and needs me here, and I’m not one to just sit around and wait patiently. I need to keep busy, and while Ella keeps my mornings and evenings busy, the afternoon leaves me to much time to silently think.” The Professor nodded, and was about to leave when Logan stopped him. “Chuck, is that cabin still available?”

“Yes.”

“Is the offer still on the table?” Logan asked without turning around from the two-way mirror.

“Yes it is.”

“I think I’m going to take you up on it, then.”

“Alright.”

*****************************************
“Marie, darlin’, can you hear me?” Logan whispered as he brushed a strand of hair off of her tired face. Jean told him that she might be half a wake, and not to overly exhausted her. Logan avoided asking Jean questions on Marie’s condition, mostly because he was afraid of what he would hear. But as he walked into Marie’s room, that though private was still pathetically done in all steal making the room rather pathetic looking he tried not thinking of anything other than spending time with his Marie. Marie was lying on here bed with her eyes closed, and even though her breath’s were shallow, Logan noticed that it was not a sleeping shallow so he knew she was awake.

“Hi Sugar.” Marie said in a whisper and a smile. “How are you doing?”

“I’m suppose to ask you that.”

“Well, it’s obvious on how I’m doing and I‘m rather sick of that question, so I thought I would turn the tables and ask you before you could ask me.”

“I’m doing ok, but I won’t be doing good until you are.” Logan said while gentle kissing her lips. He notice the pulling starting and pulled away. “A little warning next time?” Logan said with a smirk. He wasn’t afraid of her mutation or gift, but he remembered what she asked of him, and didn’t want to seem like he didn’t listen to her.

“I forgot, sorry.” Marie said with a frown and sigh. “Jean and Hank thought it might help save some of my energy if I didn’t have to concentrate on turning off my mutation. At first I didn’t agree, but well now that I’m down here they promised to be careful and it is taking some weight off my mind.”

“It’s not your fault, darlin’. I just remember you telling me that I couldn't just heal you this time, and didn’t want you to accuse me of abusing my kissing privileges and healing you without even knowing it. Plus I like to be prepared by being around a soft landing area with I blackout from your kisses.” Logan said with a smirk. This made Marie smile, too. “I brought you something.” Logan told her.

“Chocolate?” Marie asked with as much enthusiasm she could muster

“No, Hank said no, but I did try.” Logan said while gentle touching her shoulder since he couldn’t touch her uncovered face without gloves on. “I wish they would have told me, I would have taken my gloves down with me.”

“I thought I told you to throw them away.” Marie said stubbornly with a pout.

“I couldn’t just throw out a good pair of leather gloves, plus they hold many fond memories of our early days.” Logan said with a wink.

Marie blushed, but then remembered that he brought her something. “What did you bring me?”

“A picture from Ella, I suggested that she draw you a picture to hang on your walls down here. I figured that the walls would look, sterile.” Logan took out the picture from his chest pocket. He unfolded it and handed it to Marie. She took it in her hands and smiled at the rainbow and flowers that her daughter drew her.

“That’s not her hand writing.” Marie said knowingly.

“I helped a little.” Logan admitted. “I brought down some tape too, so just show me where you want me to hang it.” Marie pointed to one of the grey walls and Logan got up to hang the picture. “I would be prepared for more pictures to soon join this one, we seem to have a little artist on our hands.”

Marie smiled, actually she seemed to be smiling a lot when Logan was with her. This of course is nothing knew, but being down in the med-lab was lonely and smiling was rare. “Yes but she’s my little artist.”

“Our.” Logan corrected, before thinking of what he was saying. When he realized he turned from the picture and looked at Marie with a questioning look. He didn’t know what to say or ask or what he was saying, just that that he was confused about his feelings.

“Logan, do you know what you are saying?” Marie asked in a whisper.

“Yes and no. I know that I won’t be able to walk away from here without you by my side ever again. And Ella is growing on me. I never thought I would get along with kids much, but Ella is different. She reminds me so much of you, or well the you I imagine you were at her age. Marie, I’m staying this time, no more running, unless you are running with me.” Logan said while touching her hand threw the blankets.

“You promise, sugar?” Marie said with a content sigh. She had been waiting to hear those words for years, and she imagined how happy they would make her feel. And though they did make her happy, they made her feel more secure and loved more than anything.

“You get well darlin’ and I will show just how much I promise to you that I will never leave your side again.” Logan said while kissing her forehead thru a current of her hair.

“I love you Logan.”

“Not as much as I love you.”

**************************************************
“Hank I’m just not sure if it is a medical problem. All of our tests are coming up negative or inconclusive.” Jean said with frustration after receiving another failed test result.

“Dr. Grey, there has to be some logical explanation to why Ms. Rogue is so ill. We just have to formulate a solid test that will confer results that we desire. What that test will be, is the true question. As Franklin Roosevelt said ‘It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.’”

“I just don’t know of anything else to try.” Jean said with a disappointed sigh.

“The Russians will try all the rooms in a house, enter those that are not locked, and when they come to one that cannot be broken into, they will withdraw and invite you to dine genially that same evening.” Hank said with a cheeky grin. His quote from Churchill got Jean to stop thinking of Rogue’s health, and to wondering where Hank comes up with some of us quotes. A needed break from the problem at hand.