Author's Chapter Notes:
ick and watching the Olympics, Sorry!!! I'll try to get the next chapter out ASAP, but no garuntee's!
"Ella, usually gets up around seven, eats at seven-thirty, and class starts at eight. That means she has to be in her seat at eight, not walking into the room at eight." Marie was going over the schedules with Logan as Ella made little comments.

"We found that out the hard way, didn't we momma?" Logan smirked as Marie blushed.

"Yes we did sweetheart. Now school is over at three, but she has soccer practice right away on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One Mondays and Fridays she has swim class, and Wednesdays she goes to music. After practice we usually eat supper, and then it's homework time. It's not much, just a worksheet or two. If you aren't sure how to do it, Scott can help." Logan made a noise has if he was discussed with the thought of asking Scott about anything let alone for help. "Come on Logan, Scott is helping Aiden with his homework, too. So it would be more like you were helping each other."

"Fine, I'll ask Scooter if I have too."

"Who's Scooter?" Ella asked.

"Your uncle Scott." Logan said.

Ella laughed, "Uncle Scooter, he'll hate it." Ella started giggling, which made both Logan and Marie smile, until Marie realized what Ella was saying.

"Logan you can't be teaching her all of your bad habits!" Marie said with as much force as she could while still smiling.

"Oh it's harmless, it's not like I'm teaching her to smoke or drink."

"Don't even think about it! She's too young."

"I taught you how to drink."

"But not when I was four." Marie countered

"True. Ok so anyways what happens on the weekends?"

"That's when we watch cartoons!" Ella said enthusiastically.

"That's right Ella. We watch cartoons in the morning, unless she has a soccer game. But other than that we usually just do whatever we want."

"Like go to the zoo, or go to the lake." Ella said with a grin.

"Ella will help you think of things to do, won't you Ella?" Ella shook her head in agreement. "So you won't have to worry about thinking how you will fill the boredom of the weekends."

"Plus we will be visiting you." Logan said while taking Marie's hand.

"I don't want you worrying about me, I'll be fine. Hank and Jean will have me as good as new before you even notice I'm gone." Marie said with a tear in her eye.

"I doubt that." Logan said while pulling Marie into a hug.

Suddenly the door opened. "Aww did I just interrupt a Kodak moment?" The brightly yellow clad girl said from the doorway.

"Jubes, Uncle Wolvie is here finally! Remember you said that meant I could spend the night with you!?" Ella said while running over to the intruder.

Jubilee looked over at Rogue who was still in Logan's arms. Rogue gave her friend a smile and slight nod of the head. "I do remember promising a certain little trouble maker that she could stay over, but I don't remember who it was. Do you remember Rogue?"

"I don't know of any trouble makers, I only know of sweet little princesses."

"But mommy, you said I could…." Ella said with a whine and pout not noticing that her mother was joking with her.

"Oh you mean my trouble maker Jubes!? Well you can have her, just make sure she gets some sleep tonight. Logan doesn't deserve a crabby child on his first day." Marie said

"Me, keep your daughter up all night? NEVER." Jubilee said with a shocked expression.

"Jubilation Lee, you better behave." Logan said with a fierce look.

"Or what Wolvie, you'll came after me." Jubilee faked a scared look as she made the comment.

Logan raised an eyebrow as his only response.

"Don't worry you two. The two of us will have a harmless girls night. I think I should be the one telling you two, to behave. Now squirt, go get your bag packed, cause I'm not going to let you come running back here if you forgot something."

Ella took off to her room to get her bag.

"Thanks Jubes, I owe you one." Marie said while snuggling in closer to Logan.

"You are after all going to be stuck down in the med-lab for awhile, so I figured one night alone with the big-ass Wolverine wouldn't hurt you too much. Unless he gets ruff, then you might be in the med-lab for a entirely different reason." Jubilee said with a knowing smirk and wink. Rogue blushed at her friends comment.

"Ok Jubes I'm ready." Ella said as she came back into the living room carrying a bag that was bulging full. Her teddy bear didn't fit in the bag so she was left carrying it, along with her pillow.

"You are only going to be gone one night." Logan commented.

"But what if I forgot something?" Ella said with a little pout.

Logan rolled his eyes at the little girl. "Give your mom a hug and kiss, so we can get girls night started!" Jubes said with a jump and clap.

"Mommy, you'll be just fine, cause I know uncle Wolvie, will take care of you while I'm gone." Ella said while hugging her mom.

"I know, now watch after Jubilee." Marie told her daughter as she gave her a kiss.

Ella left her mothers arms and went right into Logan's. Logan was surprised by the little girl's embrace, but didn't push her away. "Now Wolvie you watch mommy for me, she likes listening to music when she sleeps, and she always leaves a light on, and she won't get out of bed right away in the morning, so you might have to drag her out. Any questions?" Logan just stared at the little girl, that was giving him directions on how to take care of his Marie. "Good." Ella then gave him a quick kiss. "See you guys in the morning." And before Logan really registered what happened Jubilee and Ella were out the door.

Marie gave a little giggle, and started hugging him. "Thank you so much."

"I haven't done anything yet."

"Yes you have, you came and that means the world to me."

"You should have told me earlier Marie. I would have came right away, I should have came when I got that feeling that something was wrong. Remember how I kept calling the mansion the day of the mission, until I talked to you? And I have been calling almost everyday since then, I had a feeling something wasn't right." Logan looked down at the woman in his arms after she didn't respond. She was fast a sleep, with her head on his chest listening to his heart. "Ok darlin'. You sleep now and we'll talk later." Logan whispered to her, as he laid down on the couch with his sleeping beauty still nestled on top of him. He gently ran his fingers through the white strips in her hair, as he thought about what could possible be ailing this strong women. He also thought about the four year-old, bundle of energy that he was going to be responsible for.

Logan had never been responsible for anything before, well other than Marie. Look at his first trailer that he picked Marie up in, it was a mess, and really a fire hazard waiting to happen, and did happen. And Marie was so close to being killed three times while under his care, and that was within only knowing her for three days. Then there is his relationship with Marie to consider, he is hardly the responsible on in that. He leaves her for months at a time, and expects her to be waiting with open arms when he returns. Grant it he did take her up to his cabin in the Canadian woods for a few winters and long week-ends (that turn out to be week long vacations), and he did ask her to come on some of his escapades, but she always refused.

She was defiantly the responsible one. Marie always but her classes first, it was no surprise when she graduated a year early, and started teaching right away. Then her students came first. She was always willing to help the younger kids in the mansion. When he would actually come to the mansion for a few weeks, she was constantly dragging him to plays, games, and whatever else was going on. He would put up a show of not wanting to go, but when she watched the younger kids having fun, she would smile and laugh. Seeing her smile made him smile, and when she laughed he wanted to laugh with her, and sometimes did. When the X-men found Ella, it was Marie that made sure she was ok, Marie who took care of her those few days she was in the med-lab, and it's Marie now that watches over the little girl.

Marie was defiantly more responsible than him, but he was willing to step up to par now. Marie needed him to be the responsible one and look after Ella. He new that he could do it, but he didn't want to have to look after Ella, without Marie by his side. Truthfully, he was jealous when Marie told him that she was going to be Ella's guardian and mother. He didn't know why, until he had a dream that night. He dreamt that he and Marie were in their bed, and he was trying to wake her up with butterfly kisses. She started giggling, and kissing him back. Rather suddenly, in the dream, there where two little children, a boy and girl, jumping on the bed laughing and singing, "Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G…" "That's enough you two, why are you up so early?" Logan asked the kids in his dream. "You promised to take us to the zoo, remember Daddy?" The little girl asked with a pout. "Logan you promised to take all of us the zoo." Marie said from where she was sitting on the bed. "Dad you said you would show us what real wolverines looked like." the boy said. "I'll show you a real wolverine." Logan of the dream said while tackling the two children on the bed. That's when he woke up, and realized that he wanted Marie to be the mother of his kids, not just ones that were looking for a home, like they both had been just years ago. Or at least that he wanted to be a part of Marie's life as she raised Ella. He didn't want Marie to be single parent, even if she was capable of being a mother with no help.

The dream also, showed him a future that he never thought possible, or rather refused to think about, but with Marie as his partner it was all he wanted and needed in life. He even bought her a ring he found in Mexico. The ring held a perfectly cut emerald surrounded by two heart shaped diamonds. It was perfect, and he knew Marie would love it, but now wasn't the time to ask her to marry him and be the mother of his children. She was too sick, and had other more important things to worry about. He knew that she loved him, and she knew that he loved her, and for now that was enough. After she got healthy and was back to her happy, healthy, Marie self, then he would create the perfect atmosphere and ask for her hand in marriage, like she disserved. She was his everything, and he did not want to run from his responsibilities and his love any more.