Author's Chapter Notes:
I started this chapter right away after chapter one, so you might have a little longer to wait for chapter three! But not to long
Logan sat Marie down on the bed, while he took his bag over to her desk. "Might as well get it out right away Marie."

Marie sighed, but knew that Logan deserved to hear the truth. "Well obviously I'm sick." Logan turned, leaned his back against her desk, crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. Marie continued before he could comment about her being 'captain obvious'. "But to be more specific, neither Jean or Hank can find out what's wrong with me. I've gone through a few tests, but they haven't been able to find anything out of the ordinary."

"When." He asked simply.

"I started to get really tired about four months ago. I didn't think anything of it, since I had just started Ella in school and other activities around the mansion. It took a lot of energy that I wasn't use to, and I figured that all the running and new parenting stuff was finally catching up on me, and caused me to be tired all the time. When I started to fall sleep in the middle of my classes, the Professor and Scott decided it was best if I cut back on my work load. I went to the med lab for all the testing right away and Jean gave me some different medicines to take, hoping it would help my antibodies respond to whatever was affecting my body, but nothing she gave me seemed to help. If anything, they only made me sick to me even more sick." Marie took a slow deep breath, because, even though she had been talking slow, she was still rather breathless.

"Why didn't you call me sooner? Why didn't Scott call me?" Logan asked as he ran his fingers in his hair and went to sit by Marie's side. He pulled her into a hug, and kissed the top of her head as it rested on his chest.

"I asked them not too. I thought with some rest that whatever was wrong with me would pass. I gave up teaching last month, and started resting as much as I could. Three day's ago, I left Ella with Kitty so I could lay down. Ella came running in here to show me something and tried to wake me up, but I didn't wake up. She started screaming, because she thought I was dead Logan. My daughter thought I was dead!" Marie said with so much passion, as if that was the worse thing that could ever happen to her daughter. Tears where running down her face, and Logan started kissing them away, until she was able to continue with her explanation. "Her screams didn't even wake me up. Jean had to revive me by entering my head. I was so exhausted and tired that my body shut down. Ella wouldn't leave my side for the entire night, and that's when I knew then that I needed you here."

Logan looked into her deep brown eyes and nodded his head. "Take all you need, just let me lay on a soft bed, and preferably leave me up here or in my room. I don't want to wake up in the med lab." Logan said while rolling up his sleeves and gently kissing her lips.

As they parted Marie had a smile on her lips. "I can't do that Logan. Not unless it is life and death." Marie told him sternly.

"Then what's the plan, you have to get better. And how do we know if it's life and death or not?"

"I need to go down to the med-lab for more detailed testing, testing that could take days to recover from. The type of testing I had been refusing to go through since I had Ella, and well with all of your memories I was scared, but I have to go through them now. Theses test are the only hope in finding out what is wrong with me." Logan nodded his head in understanding. "The doc's have set up a nice room for me down there, so I won't be on the cold tables all the time. They agreed to allow visitors, in to see me, as long as I am feeling up to it. I can only do this Logan though if you are willing to help." Marie said with courage, but the Wolverine recognized her fear and the amount of needing behind her statements.

"Just tell me what you need me to do Marie." Logan said. For the first time in his life, he was scared. He was scared that Marie couldn't be saved and that he would loose the only person he has come to care about, ever since he escaped the lab where he was the experiment.

Marie turned so she could look Logan in the eye, so she could show him how much his being here for her meant to her, and how much she was counting on him to help her through one of the hardest times of her life. "I need you to watch Ella."

Logan just stared at her. "Watch a kid?"

"Yes."

"Marie, I know nothing about kids."

"You took care of me."

"You could take care of yourself."

"No I couldn't. I needed you there to protect me."

"Marie, Ella is little and tiny, and we have never meet. Children are scared of me, they're suppose to be scared by the big, tuff-ass, wolverine. I don't know the first thing about taking care of kids."

Marie was prepared for these statements, parts of him were after all still in her head. With all of his arguing she realized that he didn't come out and say 'Hell No'. "You took care of Aiden, and you both survived that."

"The rodent was small, and you where there, I just had to follow your instructions." Logan said realizing that this was a loosing fight, he knew that he could never deny his Marie anything.

"And that's all you have to do now. There are calendars on my bulletin board, and detailed lists of what happens everyday. Ella, knows what she is expected to do, she is well behaved, and knows her schedule. Not to mention almost everyone in the mansion has copies, or children in all the activities so they can help you out too."

"What if…" Logan was silenced by Marie's finger on his lips.

"Don't what if it, until you have tried it. Logan I wouldn't have asked you to come home and do this for me, if I thought you weren't capable of being Ella's guardian. And just wait until you meet her, you won't be able to refuse her anything."

"Another girl that can turn me into a pansy with on look, you're killing me Marie."

Marie laughed up at him. "I know." She said with another kiss. "Now this apartment has four rooms, we are now in mine, which obviously has the door to the hall, but so does the living room." She pointed to the door next to the desk. "You go through there and there is living room, then Ella's room is across from my bedrooms door, and the bathroom is the other room." Logan nodded his head in understand. "Help me up and I'll show you around the living room.:

Logan held on to both of Marie's arms and helped her stand up. He slowly lead her into the living room, where he gently helped her lie down on the couch. Has he started to walk around the room, the door that lead to the hallway flew open.

"Mommy…Aiden said that there was a monster under his bed. And I told him that there was no monsters but he wouldn't listen. Will you tell him mommy?" A little golden brown haired girl rattled off as she ran into the room and to her mothers side.

"I'll tell Aiden the next time I see him, sunshine." Marie said while hugging her daughter.

"Ok good, cause I told him I would come get you so you could tell him so." Ella said as she grabbed her mothers hand in an attempt to pull her mother towards the door.

"Ella, sweetie, remember what we talked about. I can't just get up and go where you need me to go? Remember how I told you I was going to be down to the med-lab for a while?"

"But you aren't down there yet mommy." Ella said with a whimper in her voice. "And Wolvie isn't here yet to watch me."

"Yes he is." Marie pointed behind her where Logan was watching and listening to the mother-daughter interaction.

Ella let go over her mother's hand and started to walk over to Logan. She had her hands on her hips and her eyes slightly squinted as if checking him out, and making sure he was who her mother said he was. Her entire face turned into a smile and she jumped into Logan's arms. "You must be my Uncle Wolvie. Mommy's told me everything about, how you were her guard angel, and how she wouldn't have survived Can-a-da without you. Jubilee said that you had bad hair, and a tight…. What was that word mommy?"

"Arse."

"Yeah you had bad hair and a tight arse. I agree about the bad hair but I don't know what an arse is, so who knows. Aunt Juby, sometimes goes loopy and starts talking about weird things, like talking dogs that eat ice-cream, and that yellow she wears all the time. She even forces me to wear it sometimes. And since Juby's loopy and I never meet you before I asked Aiden and he said that you were super cool, and that you were his uncle too. Are you?" Ella was again talking at an accelerated speed and even with his super enhanced hearing, Logan had a hard time following the squirt through her entire ramblings.

"Yes, I am his uncle, sort of." Logan said while looking over the little girl in his arms. She had this golden brown hair, and these bright golden eyes. He had to admit that she was cute, and though she wasn't really Marie's child there were some resemblances between the two. Logan couldn't get over how Marie's smell and the child's where so close, of course that could be do to the fact that they now shared a mother/daughter bond and lived in the same living space.

"Ella, I told you not to go running through the halls." A very pregnant Kitty said as she walked through the door. "Sorry Marie she just ran off, I think Aiden said something."

"Yes he did, but it's ok I was going to be sending for her soon anyway."

Kitty then noticed the Big Wolverine holding up the little Ella.

"Welcome home Logan."

Logan placed Ella on his shoulders and walked over to Kitty. "Thanks Kitty. How are you feeling these days?" Logan asked as he gave Kitty a quick peck on the cheek.
"Like an elephant, but other than that I'm feeling fine considering I'm seven months pregnant with twins." Logan smiled, not daring to laugh at an hormone raging woman, he learned that when Jean was pregnant soon enough. "You got him to agree Marie. I'm not surprised the mighty Wolverine would never deny you anything." Kitty said as she trailed off after getting a glare from Logan.

"Actually he hasn't said yes yet."

"What?!" Kitty said in shock.

"I asked, he fought the idea, then I thought I convinced him, but he has yet to say yes to the whole idea of watching over Ella yet."

"Don't you want to watch me, Uncle Wolvie?" Ella said from Logan's shoulders.

"Of course I do kid, I just forgot to tell your mother yes. Marie I would be honored to look after your little Ella." Logan said while sitting down next Marie with Ella still on his shoulders.

"Good, well I'm off, before I get caught on my feet. Bobby would have cow if he knew I was on my feet this long, but then maybe he should have a cow he would then at least know who I feel! Bye!" Kitty started back down the hall wobbling as she took each step.

"Are you sure Logan." Marie said looking to into his eyes to make sure he was certain of his decision.

"Yes Marie. You will have nothing to worry about, except getting healthy. I will have everything taken care of up here. Right Ella, we will take care of everything won't we." Logan asked the little girl as he pulled her down to sit between Marie and himself.

"Don't worry Mommy, Uncle Logan will be my guard angel too."