Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jaq for beta, and also to Jenn.
“John!”

He slid down the wall a little, grimacing as he tried to keep standing. “Well at least you remember my name.”

Marie’s eyes traversed his body, her hand flying to her mouth as she took in the multiple cuts and bruises, as well as the bloodstained clothes. The floor was still spattered with blood, and she wondered who had done this to John. She rushed over to him, moving to help him sit down, but he waved her away.

“Leave me alone, Marie.”

She looked at him, blanching at the anger in his eyes. “John…”

He sneered at her. “I don’t want help from some human.”

She stepped back, biting her lip. He had made the word sound so vile, his voice full of hatred. She watched him sit down, his head falling back against the wall as he took a deep breath. His hair was now blond, and she resisted the urge to run her fingers through it. She wanted to know if it was just as soft as she remembered.

“What happened to you?”

His eyes snapped open as the sneer reappeared on his face. “You should be asking the Wolverine.”

Marie forced herself to look at his injuries again. Now that she was closer she could see them in more detail, and the damage that had been done to John’s body made her stomach roil. She refused to believe that Logan was responsible: John had been a student at the school — hell, Logan had protected him along with her and Bobby during Stryker’s attack on the mansion. Why would he do something like this? She took a deep breath, fighting the nausea to continue her examination. Her eyes locked onto three parallel cuts in John’s leg. Only one thing could have made them: Logan’s claws She lifted her gaze to look at John’s chest, and as she followed each slash and cut, distant memories surfaced in her mind — images of things Logan had done, people he had hurt.

She shook her head. “He wouldn’t do it without good reason.”

Pyro snorted, running a hand through his bleached locks. “Just like you to defend him.”

Marie’s gaze had been drawn to the manacles around his wrists. She fell to her knees, grabbing his hand. Her fingers ran over the metal cuff, and he flinched. She couldn’t stop the tears that started to roll down her cheeks.

“I don’t need your fucking pity.”

She looked up, unable to comprehend why he was being so spiteful. She wiped her eyes with the heel of her hand before tucking her hair behind her ears. “Why are you being like this, John?”

He looked away. “Being tortured by your new boyfriend isn’t really putting me in the best mood.”

Marie’s brow knitted in confusion. “My new boyfriend?” She’d only just broken up with Bobby, how could she possibly have a new boyfriend? She continued staring at him, her eyes widening as comprehension dawned. “Logan?”

He looked at her, wrapping a hand in her hair as he pushed it away from her neck, exposing Logan’s bite mark. “Don’t even try and deny it, Rogue. I just want to know how long it was after I left before you started fucking him.”

Marie stared at him, confusion fast turning into anger. How dare he sound so accusing when she hadn’t done anything wrong? Well, besides cheat on Bobby with John in the first place. “You left me, remember? You don’t get to be the angry one, I do. You fucking left me to join The Brotherhood. How did you think that made me feel?”

His grip on her hair tightened, and he yanked her forward, bringing her face close to his. “Did you even miss me, or did you just jump straight into his bed?”

Marie couldn’t believe what he was saying. She took a breath, but before any words left her mouth the cell door opened with a loud clang.

“Marie.”

She turned her head awkwardly, John’s grip restricting her movement. Logan was standing in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes flicked between Marie and John.

“One second.”

“Now.”

Marie frowned, about to start arguing the point with Logan when John released her. She turned back to look at him questioningly.

“Go. I don’t want you here.”

She blinked rapidly, trying to stem the flow of tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. “John —”

“Just go.”

She got up slowly, looking back at him once she’d reached the doorway. Logan grabbed her arm roughly, pulling her out of the cell as he closed the door behind them. His harsh grip never relented as he walked down the corridor, practically dragging her along.

“Logan, you’re hurting me.” She tried to struggle away, but it was useless. She was sure there’d be bruises in the morning. “Logan!” He continued to ignore her, so she tried thumping him in the arm with her free hand. “Let me go, Logan.”

He stopped abruptly, releasing her. She looked up to find him scowling, but the anger disappeared when he saw she was rubbing her arm. He reached out a hand to touch her, but she stepped back.

“What have you been saying to John?”

He frowned, not appreciating her accusatory tone. “What business is it of yours?”

Marie’s eyebrows shot up in disbelief, and then she advanced on him, fury gathering in her face as she poked him in the chest. “What business is it of mine? John thinks we’re sleeping together, and you’re asking me what business is it of mine? What have you been telling him, Logan?”

He raised an eyebrow, his mouth curled back in a sneer. “Maybe I’m missing something here, darlin’, but you saw the state of him, right? Shouldn’t you be more worried about what I’ve been doing to him, and not what I’ve been saying?”

Marie’s anger faltered, her mouth opening and closing as she struggled for something to say in reply. She took a deep breath, her eyes narrowing. “Well, now that you bring up what the hell you’ve been doing, how about this?” She pulled her hair back, turning her head to give him a clear view of the bite mark. “You did this for John’s benefit didn’t you? To feed whatever lies you’ve been telling him.”

He let out a low growl, forcing Marie to back up against the wall. He pushed into her personal space, looming over her. “Didn’t exactly hear you complaining about it last night, darlin’.”

“That’s because—” Because I thought it was about me; that you wanted me, she had been about to say. “Don’t put this back on me. You did it because you wanted him to see, you wanted to give him ‘proof’. You used me, Logan.”

He dipped his head, breathing in her scent. There was no fear, not like last night —nothing but the scent of her shampoo, her light floral perfume and just the tiniest bit of musk. She smelt so goddamn good. His lips brushed the shell of her ear, and he smiled when she shivered. “You don’t know me that well if you think I’d use you.” His free hand slid down her side, his fingers pulling at the hem of her shirt. “So?”

Marie looked up at him, her brow drawn in confusion. “What?”

His hand slipped up under her shirt, his fingers brushing at the underside of her bra. “Aren’t you going to say something about what I’ve been doing to your lover in there?”

She bit her lip, trying to stifle the moan. Her hands came up to push against Logan’s chest to try and gain some space, but instead she gripped his t-shirt and gasped as his thumb brushed over her nipple. “He’s not… we’re not…”

He held back the growl as he took the hardened nub between forefinger and thumb, teasing it through her bra. “Does it bother you? That I’m capable of something like that?”

Her cheeks turned pink; embarrassed that she could do nothing to stop Logan. Or that she didn’t want to. A moan escaped her lips, and the blush deepened. She shouldn’t be enjoying this.

His nostrils flared, the scent of her increasing arousal invading his olfactory nerves. He pulled his hand from under her shirt, unbuttoning her jeans and lowering the zip. “Maybe you’re not saying anything because you like that side of me.” His hand slipped inside her underwear. “Is that what it is darlin’?”

He emitted a growl as he slipped two fingers between her silky folds. Christ, she was so fucking wet already. The feel of her had him hard in no time.

Marie’s teeth drew blood as she stifled a moan, refusing to let him know verbally that she was enjoying this. The hungry look in his eyes already told her he knew in any case. She hated herself for being unable to control her body.

Logan’s growl rumbled from deep within his chest. His fingers rubbed harshly against her clit, keeping up the pressure. It was only when she started to tremble under his touch that he pushed them deeper inside her, pumping them in and out as his thumb massaged her clit. He let out another growl, his erection becoming painful as he felt her tight and wet around him.

Marie was panting, the grip she had on his t-shirt tightening as she fought to keep her self-control. “Why are you doing this?”

He looked at her flushed face, watching with dark eyes as her full lips parted to let out a quiet moan. “Because you want it, darlin’. You just can’t admit it.”

She started pulsing around him, her mouth opening in a silent cry as she squeezed her eyes shut. Her body shook as the orgasm ripped through her, Logan keeping his fingers inside her as she came.

“I didn’t —” She struggled to find her voice, her breath coming out in ragged gasps, “I didn’t want it.”

Logan slowly pulled his hand out from inside her underwear, displaying fingers still covered in her juices. “Then why’d you come, Marie?”

She had no answer, shoving against his chest as she tried to get away from him. “You bastard.”

He stepped back, dropping his arm to allow her to storm off down the corridor. He raised the covered fingers to his nose, inhaling deeply. The tantalizing scent had him just about coming in his jeans, and for a moment he considered licking his fingers clean as he jerked off. His face darkened as he looked down the corridor towards Allerdyce’s cell. He checked to see if Marie was still within his sights before he went back to the cell, making sure to only use his clean hand as he swiped himself in.

Pyro raised his head, and Logan was unable to keep the predatory grin from his face as he stepped inside the cell.