Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jaq for beta duty, and also to Jenn. This fic features John Allerdyce (Pyro) pretty heavily.
He’d honestly thought he’d had Drake beat. He’d had him backed up, his fire forcing him into retreat. He just hadn’t banked on the prick being able to ‘ice-up’ and then headbutt him, causing the world to go black as he crumpled to the ground.

***

Pyro groaned as he surfaced, blinking against the light. He swallowed, trying to get rid of the dryness in his throat.

“He’s awake.”

Pyro frowned. The voice sounded slightly familiar.

“So knock him out again.”

He grunted at the sting in his neck. The only thing he said before blacking out again was ‘oh fuck’.

***

The next time he surfaced, he was being dragged by his arms down a corridor. He tried to look up, but it didn’t work. The movement in his neck was restricted, so he was forced to examine the floor tiles. He groaned at the pain working through his body, and the grip on his left arm tightened.

“Welcome back.”

Pyro managed a grunt in response to the gruff voice before being tossed into a bare room. The harsh grip returned, but Pyro lacked the energy for any kind of struggle as manacles were clamped around his wrists. His eyes widened in recognition of his captor before he felt another sting in his neck.

“Not again.”

***

He stood up as the cell door opened, glaring at the man who entered. “Where’s my phone call?” Pyro demanded with characteristic sarcasm

Logan crossed his arms over his chest, standing an arm’s length away. “You don’t get a fucking phone call, you got no rights here.”

Pyro raised an eyebrow, sneering. “You know, just between you and me—I think this place has gone downhill since the professor’s death. Thought you guys were all about protecting mutantkind and all that other flowery bullshit.”

Logan’s arms dropped as he stepped closer, clenching and unclenching his fists. “Things change.”

Pyro’s eyes flicked down to watch Logan’s hands, waiting to see if the blades would come out. “So what now? You going to torture me for information?”

“Not sure that you’ve really got any information I need, but I’m okay with the torture part.” Logan backhanded Pyro across the face, splitting the younger man’s lip.

Pyro spat out blood, a sneer forming on his lips. “That the best you got old man?”

Logan growled, punching him in the stomach before grabbing him by the hair and bringing his knee up. He grinned at the sound of bone crunching as Pyro’s nose broke.

Pyro coughed, falling back against the wall as he slid to the floor. He smiled through the blood pouring from the wound. “I have to say that this approach lacks a certain finesse. Why don’t you use one of the telepaths? Or get Rogue in here to drain me?” Pyro smiled as his torturer’s mask slipped for a moment. “Guess you don’t you want her seeing your handiwork. Afraid that she’ll finally see through her hero complex and recognise you for the animal you are?”

Logan raised an eyebrow. “Marie wouldn’t do any good here.”

Pyro’s eyes widened at the use of Rogue’s real name. “She took the Cure didn’t she? I fucking knew it.”

Logan shrugged. “Only thing she’s good for now is fucking.”

Pyro turned his head, wiping his bloody nose on his shirt. “She was always good for fucking. The Iceman just didn’t know what to do with her.”

Logan’s thumb hooked over his belt buckle. “Who said she was fucking Bobby?”

Pyro’s face transformed, and he began trying to rip his restraints from the wall, determined to get to Logan. “I’ll fucking kill you!”

Logan crouched, and his hand wrapped around Pyro’s throat in less than a second. He pushed him back against the wall, bringing any attempts at escape to a screeching halt. His hazel eyes narrowed as he studied Allerdyce’s face, and his nostrils flared at certain indicators in the fire starter’s scent. Apparently he’d just discovered a weak spot. It was time to see just how much he could use that to his advantage.

Logan brought his face close to Pyro’s, his voice lowering until it was nearly a whisper. “She feels so good when she’s riding my dick, all hot and tight as she drips all over me. Even gets my balls wet,” he said, hoarse at the thought

Pyro gnashed his teeth, trying to bite Logan, but all it earned him was another backhand. The impact made his head thump against the wall and he winced at the pain.

Logan’s tongue came out to wet his lips. “And Jesus, is she ever good at giving head. Makes me hard just thinking about coming in her mouth.” He leant even closer to Pyro, his mouth next to the younger man’s ear. “She swallows it with a smile, too.”

Pyro tried to move his head — anything to get away from Logan. He didn’t want to hear anymore. He tried to swallow against the bile rising in his throat, but Logan’s hand around his throat was making it impossible.

Logan smiled, but it didn’t carry to his eyes. “I’m not done with you yet, boy.”

A blade extended on Logan’s right fist, and he cut open Pyro’s shirt. Pyro started struggling against Logan’s grip, but Logan’s hand tightened on his throat and he stopped, anxious to keep breathing. His chest rose and fell rapidly, but his body stilled the moment Logan’s blade touched his skin. Pyro’s jaw clenched as the adamantium dragged down his torso.

Logan watched the blood flow freely from the wound for a long moment before lifting his eyes to meet Pyro’s. “Feel free to scream, but it won’t do any good.” He made another slow cut, relaxing his grip on Pyro’s throat just enough to let out any sounds the boy wished to make. “There’s no one else down here.”

***

“Logan!”

He turned at the sound of her voice, smiling as she ran up to him. His eyes fixed on her mouth, the innocent curve of her lips as she smiled flooding him with guilt over what he’d just been saying.

“Is it true? Is John really here at the mansion?”

His smile disappeared, and he frowned at her undisguised look of hope. “Yeah.”

Marie tucked a few stray platinum strands behind her ear. “So where is he?”

Logan looked away, trying to decide how much to tell her. “He’s being kept locked up. He was too dangerous to be allowed to wander the halls.”

Marie’s eyebrows went up, and her lips parted in shock. “You’re keeping him prisoner?”

Logan looked down at her, the frown deepening. He didn’t like her insinuation that he alone was keeping the little shit captive. “The X-Men are keeping him locked up.”

She was shaking her head, her brow creasing. “But why?”

Logan started walking up the stairs, not bothering to see if she’d follow. “You weren’t at Alcatraz, so I can’t really expect you to understand — but he’s not one of us, Marie. He tried to kill your friends, and he was Magneto’s right hand man. Is that really someone you want around?”

She chose to ignore his argument and looked up at Logan from the bottom of the stairs. “Can I see him?”

Logan turned abruptly, pointing his finger as he spoke. “I don’t want you anywhere near him, you understand me?”

She looked down at her hands, about to start tugging at the tips of her gloves before she realised she no longer wore gloves. “Like you said, Logan—you don’t expect me to understand.”

Logan watched as she turned around and walked away. He grunted, making his way to his room. Why didn’t she understand that Allerdyce wasn’t one of them anymore? Why couldn’t she see that he was protecting her by keeping her away from the fire starter? Kicking the door shut with his foot, he stripped off the clean sweatshirt he’d been wearing to remove the bloodstained t-shirt beneath. He caught his reflection in the mirror opposite the bed, and grimaced. The blood had soaked through to the wifebeater below. He ripped that off as well, and then looked down at his chest, his fingers touching the areas of red that had gotten past the two layers of clothing. He forced his gaze away from the mirror, and stomped into his private bathroom. He needed to get the blood off.