Dressing in her usual evening attire of lace undergarments, matching silk stockings, and garters, Rogue slipped the bulky sweater over her camisole and pulled a long, tight, black leather skirt over her hips. Heeled boots that came up to her knees and matching gloves completed her attire.

Grabbing her back-pack, cloak, and keys she headed for her bedroom door and slipped out into the empty hall. Glad for the solitude and resulting peace she headed for the garage and the blazer parked in it. Despite being a few years old the blazer ran like a dream, thanks in part to Logan's expertise with vehicles.

With a smile at the low purring of the powerful engine, Rogue headed down the driveway her blood already starting to thicken and pound. A fond glance at the shiny key hanging from her chain only added to her anticipation.


"She needs a better job," Scott muttered watching the taillights fading into the inky darkness. He'd voiced his displeasure at the thought of her working in town and gotten told off for it promptly and quite thoroughly.

Jean smiled softly and shrugged in seeming agreement. Of everyone at the mansion she wondered how many knew the truth. Judging from the reactions of her friends, and several of the young men who fancied Rogue the number had to be pretty low, in fact Jean thought it was closer to zero than ten.

Hiding her grin Jean wondered briefly what they would do when they found out. It was something she was looking forward to with a great deal of anticipation and glee. Both Bobby Drake and Remy LeBeau deserved to get their heads straightened - and Logan would do it for them. Of course she hadn't told anyone that Logan was back in the country, why add to the tension, instead she waited for Rogue to make a move.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The loud thumping of the bass from a jukebox had Rogue wincing even as she walked across the parking lot and slipped inside the worn bar doors to be enveloped by the smokey air, smell of sweat and beer, and the loud cheers coming from the crowd eying the cage. Her eyes quickly scanned the corners of the room to settle on the bare, sweat covered back behind the heavy wire of the battling cage.

"Hey darlin' you come here often?" the drunken slur wiped the soft smile off Rogue's face and she turned to glance coldly at the drunkard eying her.

"I'm not interested bub," she snapped and headed for the bar.

As was the unspoken agreement Rogue sank onto a bar stool near the end of the bar and hid behind the edge of her old green cloak's hood. A glass of bourbon appeared wordlessly in front of her, the bartender winked before moving away.

Like a game she sat silently, her eyes never leaving the cage until he took his first break about exactly ten o'clock. Then he slid onto a barstool next to her, ordered a beer, and the game was on.

Shivering at the banked heat in the hazel eyes watching her, she shifted on the stool even as Logan's hand crept over her leg leaving a path of scorched skin under the silk and leather. Chewing on her lips she closed her eyes and tilted her head forward to hide her reaction.

The pale pink of a blush crept up her cheeks as she glanced at him through the pale strands of hair framing her face. Reaching over she grabbed her glass of bourbon and sipped it. Licking her lower lip where a few drops of the strong whiskey had pooled, she cleansed it before smiling at him an open invitation in her eyes.

"Keep the whiskey coming," the low growl skittered over nerves raw with lust and anticipation.

Shivering she nodded and rose to her feet shakily. Resting one gloved hand on a bare shoulder she leaned closer, until she was nearly touching him. The heat radiating from his skin whispered over hers, tightening her nipples and a rush of wet heat pooled low in her belly. Exhaling against his neck she smiled softly at the slight shudder she felt even as she whispered low, "Straight as usual?"

The lust in his eyes merely stoked the fire that was already lit, even as he rose and headed back to the cage. Unlike most of those within the confines of the bar, he knew what she was doing and he was enjoying it immensely.

"Nice to see you Rogue," the bartender smiled easily at the young woman who'd just stepped behind the bar a delicate flush to her face and naked lust in her eyes, "A lot of takers tonight."

"Yeah, some new faces tonight," Rogue grinned even as she poured a run of shots, "Ain't you glad you listened to his suggestion?"

"Yep, even if we only have these things once a month. Course some of these guys are here to watch you. A lot of 'em are wondering who you're gonna go home with."

"Same man I always go home with," Rogue declared over a rise in volume as Wolverine won another fight. "What'll you have?" she smiled even as she leaned toward a customer, one hand tucked behind an ear to catch his voice.

"A bud with a whiskey chaser," the man hollered back eying her appreciatively.

Pulling the bottle out, Rogue took the cash and handed off the booze. Logan had gotten her this job and she enjoyed it. There was something about working with a tough ex-boxer four nights a week at the bar that eased the tension in her blood. Course the fact that Logan was never far away from her when she was working was a compromise they both enjoyed, there wasn't anything better than watching him work the cage or the room.

Thinking back to that first conversation with Lenny the owner Rogue hid a grin even as she watched the fight for a few seconds. ~'Don't want no trouble,' Lenny drawled eying the young woman who sat next to his best customer, her gaze more mature than most of his girls. She'd become a constant figure whenever Wolverine was in, and always sat in the same spot, drank the same drink, and was a helluva lot more entertainin' than the regular drunks. 'Sides I enjoy the pre-show more than watching a bunch of drunks any day!'

Logan had growled, Rogue had laughed and so she'd learned how to mix drinks. Course, nobody at the mansion knew she worked with Logan every shift, but the one with the fights - and she liked it that way. If no one knew he was around, they didn't harp on her about his habits, about his tags.

Course the downside was dealing with Remy and Bobby who were both insane enough to want to date her, but she wasn't interested. After all she reasoned, why have hamburger when you could enjoy roast beef? She couldn't for the life of her think of a reason so she didn't even pretend interest.

Barely listening to the announcer calling for another fool, Rogue poured a whiskey straight and lifted the glass to her lips before handing it to one of the floor girls. Hiding a grin at the way he took the glass from the girl and drank from the same place her lips had been, Rogue turned to the next customer.

"What'll it be?" she hollered even as the roar of the crowed went up.

The man leered at her, his gaze remaining on the pale column of her throat left bare by her low cut sweater. "I'll have scotch on the rocks, with you for a chaser."

"Have a beer instead," Rogue snapped and jerked the money from the prick's hand.

Lenny groaned at that and glanced at Rogue whose friendly smile had faded to be replaced by a cold, hard look. She didn't look like she was going to bust the guy in the chops just yet, but then he really hadn't said much.

"Aw babe, you don't gotta be so unfriendly. You never know you might enjoy me."

"I don't think so," Rogue nodded slightly at the cage where Logan was watching them even as he downed his last shot of whiskey. When the man turned slightly to see what she'd nodded at, Rogue smirked and shrugged, "I go home with him."

"You don't look nothin' like a groupie. You're hardly the type to want an uncouth brawler like that darlin'," the man replied stiffly, his gaze darting to her quickly.

"I'm not a groupie," Rogue replied. "Enjoy your drinks," turning away she took the next order from a regular who smiled easily at her. Moving down the line she grabbed two bottles of beer and a glass, her gaze skirting past the annoying drunk.

"Look.." he called to her, grabbing her arm and freezing as utter silence filled the room.

"Take some advice friend, leave it alone," Lenny muttered at the dark look Rogue received even as the man held her wrist. "You don't want to end up in ICU."

Turning the drunk let go of Rogue and looked around before taking his drinks and slinking off to a darkened corner. His sense of self preservation kicking in when he caught the cage-brawler's gaze, shivering he shifted his attention to the more receptive women in the room.

Within seconds the noise level was back up and the incident forgotten easily.

A glance at the clock above the bar revealed it was close to four a.m. and Lenny reached for the light switch on the wall to turn the lights down low even as Logan left the cage for the last time that night. With a grin, Lenny watched Rogue putting the last of Wolverine's money into an envelope before reclaiming her seat on the last bar stool.

"Molsens," the rough growl drew a faint smile even as Lenny returned to polishing the glasses. For the regulars remaining in the bar, the end of shift performance was as familiar as the scents and sounds of the bar.

That many had no idea why the couple acted the way they did was irrelevant. Instead they watched and waited to see how the pair teased each other, exuding enough sexual tension to fill a room twice the size of the bar.

Much like an old movie, Rogue watched Logan surreptitiously, her gaze dating toward him before she'd focus on something else. With slow grace the curl of smoke from his cigar drifted upwards even as she fidgeted, her fingers plucking at the silk they were encased within.

The sudden slam of an empty bottle onto the bar broke the silent standoff. With lithe movements Logan rose before heading for the door, passing close enough to touch Rogue without making contact. The obvious shudder she gave drew a few smiles, the odd chuckle, even as she rose, her bag clutched tightly to her and hurried after him.


"One of these nights Lenny my good man, they're gonna use that bar," the comment drew laughter from the remaining crowd even as Lenny glanced at the speaker, a regular who'd learned early on not to bother Rogue or Wolverine. "Thought they was gonna get it on tonight the way they were staring at each other."

"Might be Walt," Lenny drawled calmly. "But I ain't about to complain. Between 'em they entertain us in between fight days. 'Sides," Lenny chuckled as he set a glass down. "With what they've made me in the past year, they might as well own a chunk of it."

"Still that'd be a show."

"I'd have to start charging entry fees if they did that though," Lenny replied with a grin. "And none of you bums could afford the fees."

Laughter filled the bar even as the now familiar roar of a motorcycle filled the air.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dropping her keys on the stand next to the door, Rogue exhaled slowly, easing the tension from her body. With a slight shrug her pack and cloak both landed in a tangled heap on the floor. Shifting she bent over and picked them up, hanging the cloak on the stand and setting the bag on the chair.

The feel of skin warmed leather teased the bare skin under her sweater, even as the familiar scents of smoke, sweat, and booze teased her nose. "I missed you," the soft growl brushed her ear warmly.

"I missed you to," she whispered shakily, her head tilting back to expose her throat. She never felt any fear or unease when they made love. Logan refused to let her, instead his touch, his lovemaking left no room for anything but thoughts of him.

She could still remember that first night she'd known he was back in New York. Calling up the memory she smiled softly, and eased against him as they swayed to a silent tune. She'd been sitting in the darkest corner of a diner hiding from life, from those at the mansion and he'd come in, a dark scowl on his face. He'd promptly pulled her outside, tossed her on his bike and driven to Lenny's.

A beer, and two fights later, she'd found herself sitting on a threadbare couch in a loft apartment staring at a man she hadn't recognized. He'd refused to let her hide behind the layers of cotton she'd been encased in, rather he'd methodically stripped her bare ignoring her protests completely. He'd showered with her, something she hadn't found funny at the time - after all she'd been bare ass naked and he'd been dressed in long johns and a long sleeved t-shirt. He'd then wrapped her in white satin, and held her while she cried.

She'd spent that first night wrapped in his arms, crying softly into a pillow. When she'd woken the next morning, she'd found clean clothes, leather gloves, and her coat on the chair in the bedroom.

Of course she'd freaked, refusing to go anywhere until he'd given her the rest of her clothes. He'd refused and so they'd spent half the day in conflict before Logan had won. Easily, too easily. He'd smiled and called her 'his' Marie, before he'd told her in no uncertain terms that 'she wasn't no fuckin' mummy so she could lose a few layers'.

She'd lost the layers that day and her inhibitions, at least around Logan. He'd dropped her at the mansion that night after wringing a promise of secrecy from her, tucking a key and the address into her palm.

"It's yours," the soft whisper came mere seconds before he'd kissed her gently then driven away.

That had been two years, three months, ten days, and a handful of hours ago - but who was counting. She'd kept her promise, but had taken to spending more and more time in town at Logan's pad than at the mansion. Most people just assumed the because she was shy or scared of her mutation she kept to herself. None realized it was because here she could run around in next to nothing without fear.

"What's on your mind darlin'," Logan whispered recognizing that thought filled look in her eyes. Despite it, the scent of her arousal hadn't faded, instead it jacked up at the soft sounds he made.

"Thinking of the first night you brought me here," she whispered softly, moving into his body. "Thinking how loved I felt. How frustrated I was by the lack of clothes you gave me."

"Was sick of watching you run around like some leper," Logan grunted with a sheepish shrug. "You're beautiful, should be able to show that off."

"I'm poisonous sugah," Roue whispered moving so she could press against him, her fingers plucking on the buttons of his flannel shirt. "But then you know that already."

Logan's smirk made her giggle, "I got the antidote baby. Besides I'd rather remember the first time we made love. I couldn't believe how responsive, how open you were. You were the only woman I'd ever been with that didn't react like they were in danger of being skewered."

"It helped that it was you doing the touching. I'm glad it was you Logan, glad you came back to me."

"Even if no one else knows it?"

Rogue smiled softly, there were days when she wanted to rub it into everyone's face but for the most part she really didn't give a damn about those at the mansion. "I don't care about them. When you're ready to let them know you're home, you'll tell 'em."

Smiling easily Logan nodded a crooked grin on his face. "When we're ready darlin', when we're ready."

Rogue nodded even as Logan gathered her sweater and lifted it. The soft whisper of cashmere over silk teased her flesh and she barely smothered a moan. The brush of fabric over her sensitive nipples hurt in a very good way.

"I um thought," she whispered flushing as she looked at the dark lace covering her pale skin.

"I like it," Logan whispered softly bending down to take a hardened nipple in his mouth. Suckling on it, he toyed with the bud with his tongue, sucking on it strongly even as he closed his teeth on it and bit down. The answering shudder that tore through her seemed to pool in the wet heat between her legs. Inhaling the rich smell of her arousal along with his own, only inflamed his need and he let go to smile at the wet spot on the dark silk. "Tastes good."

"You always seem to like me in white," Rogue murmured softly.

"Black is good to. I like it," moving up her body he picked a familiar spot on her neck and started to suck on it gently, nipping at the pale flesh through the sheer lacy camisole she wore. "Its sinful, and sexy, and looks waay too good on you," he nudged a strap off one delicate shoulder following it's descent with a gloved finger.

"I like you nude," Rogue admitted sheepishly, "But the denim look is hot to."

"Thanks," Logan murmured even as he sank to his knees in front of her, "Its your turn tonight."

Biting her lip Rogue smiled hesitantly, she hated that they had to dress up instead of undress when they made love but Logan seemed to enjoy it. "Can we do it like the first time we made love? Would you be okay with that?"

"Of course," Logan replied softly rising to his feet and staring at her gently, "I'll get the lighter, the new suits are in the top left hand drawer."

"Next to the condoms?"

"Yeah, I found some in a speciality shop that are peach flavored," Logan said as he headed for the kitchen cabinets. "I bought them all."

Rogue laughed softly, "Thank you," she raced into the bedroom and dug open the drawer. Pulling out the black body suit she knew Logan liked she tossed it onto the bed even as he moved into the room and handed her the lighter.

"Light 'em would you?" he asked picking up his suit. "I'll be right back."

With a nod, Rogue looked around and began lighting the candles that were situated everywhere in the room. Smiling at the seemingly endless parade of candles Rogue wondered how she'd managed to luck out. The very notion that Logan would light candles for romance was foreign, she'd wondered who was standing next to her that night.

Two months after she'd first been here, she'd showed up on his doorstep in tears. That day had started off badly, Bobby had been even more aggressive in his pursuit. He'd told her she was a fool for waiting for Logan, and Remy the poor ignorant ass had agreed with him. After that the day had deteriorated beyond belief until she'd escaped from the mansion and taken a cab into town.

Half scared that he had a hot date, Rogue had knocked on the door and waited nervously, realizing that she'd forgotten her key the last time she'd been there. The door had been pulled open to reveal a shirtless, wet Logan who was wrapped in a towel and little else.

Logan had quickly made her comfortable before he'd gone into the bedroom. He'd come out in a body suit and jeans, sat on the couch and held her while she cried. Half a case of beer later, she'd noticed for the first time what he had always tried to keep from her, naked hunger in his gaze and she'd been elated.

Seeing that look she'd smiled at him and taken his hand, it hadn't taken much for her to convince him that she wanted him. All he had to do was inhale and he could smell her desire. When he'd gotten up and slipped into the bedroom she'd wondered if she'd pushed him too far, only to find out just how wrong she'd been. Logan had returned a moment later, swept her up into his arms and carried her into his room.

"You've got that look again," Logan teased gently even as he laughed softly.

"Just thinking of how surprised I was when we made love that first time. When I saw all those candles and the body suits and.." flushing slightly Rogue shrugged sheepishly, "You're the only man I've ever met that can get me hot just drinking from a shot glass and yet you're willing to dress up to be with me."

"That's just cause I know a great thing when I see it," Logan murmured before shimming her skirt over her hips, growling in pleasure at her choice in underwear. "God you're beautiful. You make me ache all the time," the words were muffled as he buried his face against her abdomen, nuzzling into the warmth and sweet scent of her skin.

Moaning softly, Rogue tilted her head back her eyes closing softly as she stood there, feeling his hot breath through the lace and the silk. With her hair cascading down her back, she held tightly to her lover's shoulders to avoid falling down. The firm pinch of calloused fingers on a sensitive nipple had her moaning and acknowledging her panties were soaked.

The wet heat from his mouth through the lace of her thong had Rogue grabbing for purchase deep within herself even as she felt the tension within her body grow, each breath, each flick of his tongue against her clit only drove the tension higher until it snapped and she screamed as her orgasm hit. Opening her heavy eyes she met his intense stare, "I'll get my body suit," she whispered realizing that he had moved her so she was laying on their bed, her chest heaving and a fine tremble in her limbs.

"No," Logan stilled her easily with a hand on her hip. "Tonight is your night. I want you naked."

Giggling Rogue bit the tip of one finger in a move meant to draw his attention to her mouth. "Good, I like naked - even if it should be you!"

"Shh," Logan whispered softly kissing her belly softly, "I love you, and I love this. I'll be right back," he drawled easily as he rose to grab the silk scarf laying a few feet away.

With him absent for half a minute, Rogue glanced upwards and smiled softly. The ceiling had been painted with a dark grey and navy blue hues as golden and silver stars danced along in careless abandon, shimmering softly with the small lights put into the ceiling when the light switch was in the off position along with a soft natural whisper that filled the room, like a warm spring breeze . It was the one thing Logan had insisted upon when she'd started to decorate, "So I won't feel trapped," had been his words and it had worked. Logan'd been around a lot longer than anyone even Logan himself had believed.

He'd put down roots, ties not to a place but to her and she loved him even more for it. Hearing the soft creak of bedsprings Rogue smiled at him easily, "Looks good," she whispered softly even as Logan moved over the bed spread past the pillows to where she reclined.

"Glad you approve," Logan drawled moving gracefully across the bed, arousal in every line of his body. Pausing a few inches away from her, he waited already so hard he ached but determined to please his lover.

Shifting, twisting around Rogue shivered at the heated look on his face, in his eyes. A shrug, a slight shimmy and the garment she wore slid further down her body.

"I love you," Logan looked a little uncomfortable being so mushy but didn't waiver as he leaned forward, pulling her against his warmth. "I wanna taste you so badly, make you forget anything everything but me..but us."

"Mmm, as long as I can do it to you," Rogue purred softly as she moved closer to him. Taking the small, blue and silver packet from beside Logan she tore into it. "Tell me what you want, tell me how to please you tonight."

Sucking in a breath as she rolled the condom down his length, Logan trailed one hand across the pale expanse of flesh below him, "I want you on your knees in front of me. Want to see that mouth of yours wrapped around my cock, your tongue swirling around the head.."

With a slow, shy nod Rogue moved off the edge of the bed. Sliding gracefully to her knees, she moved between his warm thighs. Taking his hardened length in her hand, she leaned forward, her tongue snaking out to lick it through the thin covering. Opening her lips she took the head inside her mouth and flicked her tongue over the tip. The deep, almost tortured groan that came from Logan had her taking more of him in her mouth until she had her nose buried in the thick curls surrounding the base of his cock.

Holding still she hummed softly, even as Logan began to move. Moaning at the way his hands tangled in her hair, Rogue relaxed her throat even as Logan began pumping forward, his hips rising off the bed as he slowly, almost desperately fucked her face. Moaning, suckling, Rogue used one hand to hold his cock steady, even as she reached down to bring herself to climax.

The sounds of his grunts and groans as his body tensed nearly at the point of no return had Rogue's passion escalating swiftly, until she shattered at the touch of her fingers on her clit. The way he arched hard into her mouth a moment before he stiffened and the condom expanded told her his climax had come.

"Fuck, Marie I uh didn't uh..," Logan stammered uneasily.

Rogue smiled softly, licking her lips hungrily, "Next time baby. I only wish that I could taste you, that I could swallow it all."

Logan flushed, he tried very hard not to treat her like one of the fight groupies he encountered, but there were moments when the need was too great, when the desire was way too strong for them to be civilized. Those nights, Rogue usually went back to the mansion with bruises and Logan would spend hours prowling the loft.

"We could you know? I could jack off in your mouth."

"Later," Rogue purred for once uncaring about the risks of his suggestion, a suggestion she'd heard a thousand and one times before but been too hesitant to try. "Right now, we've got more important things to do," she giggled even as she slid another foil packed toward him. "After all the night is still young!"

Gasping at the suddenness of his movements when he lifted her to her feet and dropped her back on the bed, Rogue lay still enjoying watching him stare at her body. Uncaring where her boots landed, she kicked them off with the help of Logan's strong grip. Shivering at the feral, hungry look in his eyes, Rogue moaned even as she watched him peel her stockings off.

The quick nip to her inner thigh was soothed quickly, even as he shifted the scarf piling the damp silk next to their bodies. With a sharp tug on her garters Logan lifted her up slightly before flipping her onto her stomach.

"Tell me how you want it," Logan groaned. "How can I take you?"

"Hard and fast," Rogue panted as she shifted onto her knees, offering herself easily, warmly. "Like I was some fight groupie you picked up for an emotionless fuck. Give it all to me." Snarling at her words, Logan slid into her warmth, sinking all the way in before pulling back. The sound of his thighs slapping her buttocks made him tighten his grip on her garters even as he wrapped one hand in her curls. Hammering into her, he grunted and groaned at each impact, welcoming the sounds of her moans and groans, the whimpers and smothered screams coming from her lips only added to the fury of his thrusts. He knew it wouldn't take long to come, but he wanted to make sure she got off to. Reaching around he toyed with her clit, pinching and rolling it until he felt the familiar shudders along his length that told of her oncoming orgasm.

Hearing her screaming his name, Logan pounded harder, faster until with a roar he came as well. Shuddering, his body tensed like a bowstring, he held her tightly to him even as he rolled to their sides without breaking the connection of their genitals.

Sated Rogue traced an invisible pattern on his chest, her eyes heavy with sexual gratification. Smiling she sighed and slid one leg along his calf before resting it across his thighs so she was straddling him.

"You hungry?" Logan's voice shook even as he made the soft, whispered query.

"No," stifling a yawn, she snuggled closer unmindful of the body suit and gloves they wore. "Tired."

"Go to sleep then darlin', I'll be here when you wake up," Logan promised softly, his satisfied mind barely relaying the trembling in her fingers or the weakness that clung to his body. Regardless of the number of times they made love, each time was always like the first time, explosive in its passion and vigor. Maybe that's what made them who they were, the ability to have an active and inventive sex life without it turning into something meaningless.

The familiar promise drew a soft chuckle, "You always are Logan. I love you, more than anyone ever will."

Smiling at the opalescent stars above them, Logan squeezed her closer and listened to her breathing even out. "I love you Marie," he whispered softly, "And I'm proud of you to."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinking sleepily at the muted light coming from the partially opened bedroom door, she sat up and pushed the blankets off. The soft clang and pop from the kitchen told her Logan was making breakfast.

Wincing at the slight pull of overused muscles, Rogue grinned as she slipped into the bathroom. Eight times in one night was a bit excessive by anybody's standards but Rogue had to admit she'd never enjoyed a night more. They'd made love again in the bed, on the floor, against the wall, bent over the arm of the couch, on the kitchen table, and in the shower.

Glad that Logan had the entire sixth floor of the building to himself Rogue had to admit she wouldn't have cared if anyone heard them. Neither of them were silent during climax, a fact that only endeared Logan to her.

Turning the hot water on she stepped into the shower and let the heat pound down over her for a while before washing away any traces of Logan's touch. Five minutes later she stepped out of the shower and grinned at the man standing watching her his cock fully erect, and a wild, almost desperate need in his eyes.

"Mm, we're gonna have to invest in a few more body suits darlin'," Rogue whispered as he moved closer and lifted her up onto the sink.

"I've got a standing order with the store," Logan promised before leaning forward and making her forget anything but him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten minutes later, she was screaming his name as her orgasm ripped through her. Her nails dug into his shoulder scratching deeply even as she felt his teeth sink into the soft tissue of one breast to leave a rather interesting, colorful bruise.

"Good morning," Rogue panted leaning heavily against his chest, her legs clamped around his hips, her back pressed solidly against the bathroom door.

"Good morning baby," Leaning heavily on the wall next to his lover, Logan smiled at her. "Breakfast?"

"Ooh yeah, I'm starving. Love the uh flesh colored body suit by the way. Where'd you get it?"

"From downtown. That little shop we always go to, seems they've been getting in some fabric from this woman up north. Natural silk or something."

"Did you get me one?" Rogue asked as he shifted, moaning as he pulled out of her and eased her onto her feet.

"Of course," Logan grinned easily. "Its in your drawer, right next to that white lace bra and panties set you bought a month ago."

"Could've given it to me last night," Rogue grumbled good naturedly ignoring the fact that her long hair was wet, and cold against her skin.

"Figured I'd save it till today," Logan replied even as Rogue grabbed her bathrobe and headed for the bedroom. A moment later a pair of jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt, and a pair of gloves lay on the bed for her to wear for the day.

"So you workin' tonight?" Rogue asked as she moved into the kitchen and poured coffee for them both.

"Yeah, Lenny wants me to bartend. Says he needs a long weekend."

"Cool, means we'll be behind the bar all night," Rogue whispered leaning against him affectionately. "I can tease you all night long. Taunt you, cop a cheap feel regularly. You know drive you up the wall."

"I'm looking forward to it," Logan growled even as he watched her closely. Taking a deep breath he glanced at the clock then back at Rogue who stood facing away from him, "Are you happy Marie?"

"Of course I am," Rogue glanced at Logan sharply a frowning marring her face, shock clearly visible in her eyes. "I'm with you. Why..?"

"I meant with keeping us a secret?"

Rogue frowned and shifted uncomfortably. Was she happy sneaking around to be with Logan? Unflinchingly honest with herself she had to admit that she was and she wasn't. "Yes and no," she replied softly. "I'm happy I don't have to listen to Scott's annoying lectures on being with you, or compete with Jean for your attention. But I want to be able to look at them all and say Logan is mine! We've been together a long time Logan, deep inside in the part of me that's stupid and shallow I wonder if maybe you're embarrassed to be seen with me."

Logan nodded at her words and felt the bitterness of his guilt increase, "You aren't an embarrassment Marie. I love you, love being with you."

"I know, I'm not trying to change who you are Logan. I'm not trying to pressure you for more than you can give me," Rogue shook her head. "Its just that I see my friends, the instructors looking at me like I'm some sort of pathetic thing. You know 'Poor Rogue she's hung up on a guy who doesn't give a damn about her'. When you look at me you don't see me that way. You see a woman with a heart, with feelings. One who can cry, and laugh one whose strong enough to love you body and soul. I don't know, its kinda confusing."

Logan nodded slowly knowing that Rogue wouldn't pressure him for a commitment, for anything she didn't think he wasn't willing to give. He realized though that her self-confidence wasn't strong enough to force her to ask him for what she wanted - her mutation had affected her a great deal - instead he would have to make that first step for her. And it was a step he was willing to make.

"You got a class this morning?"

"Unfortunately. Lit at nine."

"I'll give you a ride out," Logan declared easily, "Might as well leave your bag here. I imagine you'll be staying again tonight?"

"You couldn't keep me away," Rogue grinned at him, "I love sleeping with you. You're warmer than ten blankets. A lot more fun to."

Laughing Logan grabbed the keys off the counter as Rogue raced into the bedroom to dress. "Come on kid, I'll take you to class before I go shopping. We're running low on grub."

Shaking her head, Rogue grabbed her denim jacket and followed Logan out into the morning sunshine. Climbing on the back of the bike she wrapped her arms around his waist and hung on as he roared out of his parking spot.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glancing out the window of her office, Jean smiled at the motorcycle that rolled to a stop near the gates. This was the first time anyone but Rogue had seen a glimpse of Logan since his departure three years earlier.

Watching the young woman in question get off the bike and lean against the gas tank, Jean smiled softly. Curious about what was being said Jean debated opening her mind but decided against the invasion. Sooner or later the couple would reveal everything.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What time you starting?" Rogue asked softly, one hip pressed against the fuel tank.

"I have to open at six. I should be here to pick you up about four maybe four thirty."

Rogue nodded and glanced between the gates and Logan who watched her with an unreadable expression. "Come in with me Logan. After class I'll go with you to get groceries," she whispered nervously.

Studying Rogue Logan shifted on the bike his teeth clamped around the stub of his cigar, "You go on. I'll see you soon."

Rogue sighed, swallowing her disappointment even as she grinned at Logan. "You promise?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I promise," Logan grinned at the subtle recognition in her eyes. "Go on. Be good."

"I'm always good."

"Naw, you're great," Logan watched her take a few steps, "Hey darlin'."

"Yeah?" Rogue turned to look at him, even as he crooked a finger at her. Smiling slowly at him she walked back the two steps to reach him.

Reaching up, Logan pulled on her scarf she'd wrapped on after they'd gotten on the bike. Lifting it up he settled it over her lower face before leaning in to kiss her, his tongue whispering across her lips before she opened them to let him in. The soft moan she gave only inflamed his need and he slowly backed away, "Don't kill anyone today okay. I'll see you later."

Rogue nodded slightly dazed before she stepped back as he roared the engine and turned the bike so he could watch her walk up the driveway. Hurrying up the paved road she turned at the front doors and waved at him before slipping inside and heading for class.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tapping her pen on her desk, Rogue tried to focus on the lecture even as her mind wandered to the fact that Logan had actually come so close to the mansion with her. She knew it was the first step in what she hoped would be an easy transition. With his reappearance maybe those at the school who questioned his intentions would shut up.

"Hey Chica, better pay attention," Jubilee whispered softly as Rogue sat daydreaming, her fingers tangled within the chain around her neck. "Mister Summers ain't gonna be too happy you're ignoring his lecture. Especially when you're thinking of tall, dark, and hairy."

Rogue smiled at her friend and shrugged, "Well that's too bad, Logan's more interesting than what's being said."

"Rogue you need to get over this fixation with him. Both Bobby and Remy are interested in dating you. They're two very hot specimens you know."

"I prefer men to boys," Rogue declared even as Bobby turned to look at her a smile gracing his face. God she should have stayed at the loft, at least there she didn't have to listen to annoy lectures on ancient tragedies, or friends telling her that she needed to get on with her life.

"Alright. Take a short break," Scott called noting Rogue was up quickly and headed for the door. Shaking his head he grinned, once again Rogue had decided to be distant and he wondered if it had something to do with the man who'd brought her home.

Thinking of the mystery man on a motorcycle, Scott frowned slightly. Logan was still AWOL somewhere in Canada with his stolen bike and when the other man got back Scott was going to blast him into next week!

Heading for the cafeteria, Rogue grabbed a bowl of fruit salad and claimed a seat next to the window. Ignoring the milling bodies around her she stared out over the lawn, wishing it were later in the day.

"Still pining?" Bobby's cold tone sent a shiver down Rogue's spine as she turned to stare at him.

"What's it to you Bobby?"

"Just tired of seeing you waste your life on a bum. He's not coming back Rogue and you should know that."

"What I know and what you know are two different things Drake. I would have thought you'd have figured out I'm serious about being left alone, especially after Remy got his nose busted."

"That isn't you," Bobby said seriously sinking into the seat next to Rogue's effectively blocking her escape. "That's him in your head."

"No it isn't," Rogue shot back itching to tell him to fuck off she had a boyfriend but knowing that doing so now would only hinder the end results she wanted. `Patience girl, patience. He's a little boy trying to act like a big boy,' she told herself tiredly even as she wished Logan were around so she could talk to him.

"Yes it is. You need to get over this fixation on a man who's probably forgotten all about you by now. Wonder how many women he's fucked since he left. Probably a lot, all red-heads I'll bet."

Grinding her teeth Rogue glared at him even as she tossed her fork down onto the thin table. "Look you wanna tell me what's got your shorts in a knot about Logan? I mean other than the obvious?"

"Obvious? What's so obvious?" Bobby snapped angrily.

"He's got something you want," Rogue snarled at him, her dark eyes flashing even as she felt Wolverine's presence in her mind rise up, itching to take control and snap the prick's neck. "And he's gonna get it as often as he wants it."

"You think he's gonna just be nice and forget and forgive the fact that he can't touch you?" Bobby demanded angrily, throwing the one thing he knew she worried about in her face. He hated having to use her mutation as a killing point but he'd do it if it would get her to leave the tags behind, leave Logan behind for good.

Rising to her feet and ignoring the other students who were currently staring at the table in a mixture of fear and curiosity, "Unlike you Bobby, Logan's never been scared of my touch."

"Yeah well he is a psychotic asshole," Bobby declared easily with a shrug and ducked as Rogue pulled her fist back and swung. "You know as well as I do what kind of guy he is. After all he was hittin' on Dr. Grey when he was here.."

Stomping past Bobby, Rogue headed for the door just as he stood up and grabbed for her arm. The sound of tearing cotton was loud in the silent room as Rogue jerked back from Bobby's touch. Grabbing for the tore shirt, she glared at him, "How dare you?"

"Rogue I'm sorry. I didn't mean.." Bobby's voice faded as he realized that there was a rather painful looking bruise peaking out from the top of her lace bra. "You get hit or something?" he asked pointing at her chest.

"Go straight to hell!" Rogue snarled and gathered her torn shirt before heading for her room. She swore profusely at the silence that surrounded them in the room, at the smell of the fear and anger that mixed in the air.

"Rogue, Bobby in my office. Now!" Scott snapped eying the pair of them. It didn't take a telepath to realize that there was tension there and he was sick of trying to deal with it on behalf of the other students.

Closing his office door he glanced between Bobby and Rogue who was sitting hunched over trying to keep her shirt from falling away. With a sigh he shook his head and turned to reach into his small locker behind his desk.

"Here Rogue, you can wear this," he offered her the t-shirt with a small smile and pointed to a filing cabinet. "You can change behind that."

"Thank you," rising Rogue hurried to change out of her torn shirt, unease filling her at the thought of Logan finding out about this.

Sinking back into a chair, she faced her teacher and waited, "So what's up?"

"I know there's been some problems between you lately.."

"There is no between us," Bobby interjected coldly. "She's still pining for Logan."

"That's my choice," Rogue shot back quickly only to snap her mouth shut at Scott's obvious displeasure.

"Look Rogue, you and Logan are close I admit that. I don't see a problem with you being his friend, even is he isn't here I do however see a problem with you using him as a buffer against living life. I don't think Logan would want you to isolate yourself from the entire student body."

"I'm not isolating myself, and I'm not using him as a buffer. I'm just not interested in being somebody's notch on a bedpost. I don't see why that should be such a problem."

"Where'd you go last night?" Bobby hissed. "Uh? Who'd you get into a fight with. I saw that bruise.."

"Fuck you Drake!" Rogue hissed angrily shifting slightly in her chair. "You had no right to look at me like that."

"Rogue, if it was obvious.."

"Still don't make it right. He has no business staring at my chest like he's never seen a bra before - much less what goes in one. I'm an individual Scooter, not some slide under a microscope. What right do you or anyone for that matter have to tell me that my emotions aren't the right ones, that I shouldn't do this because its not healthy, or wise? Who the fuck died and made everyone within this mausoleum God?"

"Where did you get the bruise?" Scott asked softly, wishing Jean were here to help out instead of in class.

"None of your business," Rogue shot back crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back in the chair. "Look its simple. I am not interested in dating Bobby or Remy, or anyone else from here for that matter. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand?"

"Its not. The reason you're doing it is," Bobby argued looking at Scott. "She wears those tags like they're her lifeline, she doesn't go out with the crowd to the mall or anything like that. After class she disappears for hours only to leave the mansion after it gets dark and then she's back in the morning. Why is she allowed to break curfew and we aren't?"

"She has a job working in town at one of the local diners. Rogue wants to pay for her way, and to do that she works in town."

"Which diner? Why is it that we've never seen her at any of the ones we go to?" Bobby glared at Rogue who glared back.

"I don't think my life is your concern."

"I care about you too much to let you waste your time on some low-life cage brawler who has no idea what you're even about."

Rogue inhaled slowly, trying to calm herself before glancing up at the opening of the door. She smiled tightly at Jean who nodded back at her, before turning back to Scott, "The fact that I care about Logan is a big problem for y'all isn't it?" her tone was cold, void of any emotion whatsoever.

"No," Jean said softly. "But maybe you should spend a little less time with him in your head, and a little more with your friends."

Rising Rogue paced over to the window and stared out at the lush rose gardens that lined the back yard. "If they weren't so determined to get me into bed with Bobby I might be a little more inclined to spend time with them. I've never led anyone on, I'm not interested in a relationship with anyone here. I'm not a little girl, I can't act like one."

"Perhaps you could try understanding where your friends are coming from," Scott suggested ignoring the smug, victorious look on Bobby's face.

"Why should I have to?" Rogue drawled looking at Scott, one eyebrow raised in a very familiar way. "Why do I have to adjust my behavior? I don't see where the equality is in that."

"Rogue try and understand.." Scott sighed as Jean moved over to put a comforting arm around the young woman's shoulders. "We're just concerned you're gonna get hurt when things don't work out the way you want them to."

"You know what? Fuck this shit," Rogue snapped stepping away from Jean and glaring at the pair at the desk. "I don't have to listen to you anymore than I have to listen to my parents. Logan loves me simple as that, he tells me all the time and you don't give a damn about anything but yourselves."

"Rogue that isn't true," Jean spoke softly, hoping to calm the agitated young woman.

"Yeah it is. Not once in the past three years has anyone said Hey Rogue, Logan'll be back for you. He cares about you. Instead its he's an asshole who's out fuckin' every red-head between here and the North Pole," Rogue snapped. "Here's some facts for you. Logan risked his life not once, not twice, but three fucking times for me! He didn't skewer himself for any of you, or risk getting captured by Mags for any of you. Instead he did it for me. ME!"

"Rogue!"

"No! It's my choice, and my choice is Logan. I don't care about the rest of it."

Jean sighed softly and looked at Scott for a moment, obviously Rogue had been pushed too far and was determined to distance herself even more. She wondered what Logan would have to say about this little problem when he found out and shuddered. She didn't want to face an angry Wolverine anymore than she wanted to face Rogue's temper - that meant getting Rogue calmed down.

"Rogue please, I understand your feelings. You're loyal to him, you've always cared about him I know that," Jean tried soothingly, "Its just that you're seventeen, you need a chance to be seventeen."

"I was seventeen, three fuckin' lifetimes ago," Rogue replied stalking across the room toward the door. Pulling on the handle she turned and glared at Jean, "Let go."

"Please Rogue," Jean sighed, "I'm not saying you have to date anyone here, or have to do anything you don't want to. All I'm saying is that you have the right to care about Logan, I just don't want to see you get hurt if things don't work out the way you want them to."

"You're as stupid and self-centered as the rest of 'em," Rogue growled pulling on the door. "The whole thing is you want him, but you can't have him."

"Rogue please!" Scott rose smoothly hoping to prevent a bad situation.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking the bike in front of the main doors, Logan pocketed the keys and headed inside. Despite not having been within spitting distance of the mansion in three years, he still knew his way around. Stepping into the foyer he ignored the surprised look on some teenager's face a moment before she darted into the rec room.

Listening for a moment he frowned as he realized Rogue's voice sounded tense, angry even. Following it he paused outside of a door and turned the knob only to find it locked. Extending his claws, he made short work of the lock, slicing it as easily as butter before pushing it open.

"What the fuck is going on?" Logan snarled glaring at the boy sitting in front of a desk, behind which Scott Summers was perched. Rogue stood a few inches away looking pissed, and on the verge of tears.

"Logan," Rogue gasped wrapping her arms around his torso under his coat she tucked her face into his shirts and shuddered. "You came."

"Course I did," Logan replied softly, hugging her tightly, still mindful of his claws. "You doubted me?"

"How long you staying for?" Bobby demanded rising to glare at the man who held the key to Rogue's heart and mind. "Just so the rest of us know how long Rogue's going to be MIA."

Logan raised an eyebrow at the tone even as he felt Rogue's grip tighten. "What's it to you?"

"I'm sick of listening to Logan this, Logan that.." Bobby started.

"Then we'll settle this now," Logan said pushing Rogue aside easily, a dark, feral look crossing his face.. "You've been givin' Rogue a lot of lip over something you ain't got no say in. You got a problem with me, say it to my face."

"Logan, now isn't the time or place.." Jean started uneasily.

"On the contrary, I think it's the perfect time and place. All I've been hearing is how you figure she needs to start bedding the boys under this roof - who she sleeps with is her business."

"I agree," Scott sighed tiredly. "I'm not suggesting any different. All that's being said is that she should face reality. You just got back, you have no idea how badly she's isolated herself from the rest of us. She rarely socializes with anyone, choosing instead to spend her evenings working in town.."

"I'm aware of what Rogue does," Logan ground out glaring at him furiously. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"She's seventeen Logan. She needs to hang out with her friends, her age mates. I realize that it may seem difficult to grasp.." Scott drawled rising to his feet.

"You want to spend some time with the mallrats?" Logan asked looking at Rogue steadily.

Rogue shook her head, "I told 'em that I didn't mind hanging with my friends as long as they're not trying to get me to sleep with Bobby or Remy for that matter."

"That might prove to be a little crowded darlin'," Logan grinned at her. "Bed's only big enough for two."

Rogue laughed and leaned her forehead against his chest. "Which reminds me.."

"Already got it ordered," Logan shot back with a crooked grin. "Why don't you go get changed, we should get moving if you want to see that new flick of yours."

Rogue blushed before rising up on tiptoe to kiss his bearded cheek, "I'll be a couple of minutes. Just have to change my shirt."

"What happened to the one you had on?"

"It got tore," Rogue glared at Bobby who flushed and slumped down in his chair. "Be right back sugar."

Logan nodded and closed the door softly after her. Turning to face the silent trio who were watching him, Logan raised one eyebrow in a familiar gesture, "Some reason you figure you can just single her out?"

"She's been very dependent on your presence in her mind to get her through daily living," Jean stated softly, Logan's even tone didn't fool her one bit - the Wolverine was dangerously aroused - and not in a positive way.

"Really?" Logan frowned slightly, an unreadable expression in his eyes. "Cause I ain't touched her in a while."

"Thank god for that," Bobby muttered under his breath.

Logan growled at the young man and moved a step forward. "You got a problem bub, shove it up your.."

"Logan!"Jean gaped at him. "Bobby is merely concerned Rogue is using your shadow to keep her from acting like a normal woman."

"Yeah, she's been going and getting into fights and stuff. She even as bruises.." Bobby pointed out even as the door opened and Rogue slid back into the room a bag over one shoulder.

"Bruises?" Logan glanced at Rogue, "You been fighting here?"

Rogue shook her head, "No. When my shirt got torn, he uh saw the um mark on my chest."

Logan frowned for a second before he grinned smugly, "Ooh the one from this morning?"

Rogue nodded with a sexy smirk. "Yeah, but hey its cool."

"Thought it would have been healed by now," Logan growled uneasily. If there was a problem with her he would fix it.

"I like being marked," Rogue shrugged and grinned. "Besides what's wrong with a slight discoloration between friends?"

"Darlin'?"

"It'll fade by the time we get home from work tonight," Rogue declared easily. "One of those neat tricks I've learned using that mediation you taught me, I can filter out mutations - pick and choose which one I use at any given time."

"This morning?" Scott whimpered in amazement, ignoring the rather private conversation going on between Logan and Rogue.

"Yeah, I spent the night with Logan," Rogue grinned at him even as she ran a hand down Logan's chest, tugging gently on his belt buckle before looking at Scott. "He's a lot of fun to do a slumber party with you know."

Logan laughed. "That may be, but I'm not the slumber party type. We'll have to stop of at Lenny's to get the truck. He drove it to his place last night after work."

"You go shopping?" Rogue asked softly.

"Yep," Logan nodded and glared at the trio for a moment. "That canopy bed you liked so much is due in tomorrow, I got three more suits for you, this months grocery order, kinda over spent a bit.."

"How much?"

"Not that much."

"How much Logan?"

"I'll have to line up another fight somewhere. We'll be fine."

"Uh huh," Rogue grinned at him. "Did you take any money from the tip jar?"

"No."

"How about we spend that? After all you've got another month before the next fight."

"But.."

"Logan," Rogue glanced pointedly at him. "We have other things we need to be worrying about. Like picking up the order from Wally's Drugstore. He called yesterday and said it was in, not to mention Reno called and left a message about those cigars of yours."

"Good. Nice to know, we were getting kinda low."

"Yeah well if you'd save the flavored ones for me, we might not be."

"In case you've missed it they're all for you." Logan drawled with a grin at her statement.

"I meant I like the flavored ones for giving you a blowjob asshole, latex tastes like shit," Rogue grumbled as she turned back to the door.

"Just get your ass on the back of the bike," Logan drawled and slapped her ass as she walked past him.

"Just wait, I've got you all night. You have no idea how much torment I can inflict. You'll be begging me before eleven."

"How we going to do that? We won't have any time for our routine," Logan frowned at the thought. "And I doubt that, but even if I am there is always the cooler. Or the office, or the store room.."

"Routine? What routine?" Scott demanded as Rogue and Logan disappeared. "Why are they leaving? I wasn't finished lecturing.."

Jean smiled, "Logan's been back in New York for almost three years. Rogue works with Logan. The reason she's been so determined not to get involved with anyone here is because they've been sleeping together for over two years. If you'd have bothered to ask me Scott I could have told you."

"But, but she's too young for him."

"Bobby you're barking up the wrong tree."

"No I'm.."

"Rogue was Logan's from the minute she crawled into his truck," Jean murmured. "You were never even close to being in the running. If anyone needs to get over their fixation it's you Bobby. Now back to class."

Watching Bobby leave grudgingly Scott whistled and glanced at Jean, "I thought Logan was in love with you."

"No," Jean grinned at Scott. "He really couldn't admit he was in love with a fifteen year old girl Scott. We'd have made things even more difficult than they were."

"Two years huh?" Scott looked at Jean with a perplexed expression, "How often do they uh.."

"From Rogue's projections some nights I'd have to say they uh more often then we do. Not jealous are you?"

"No," Scott flushed and shrugged, "Just wish I'd known about it. Wonder how they manage."

Shaking her head Jean just smiled at Scott, "So you're not too concerned about them are you?"

"No. If it means that both of them are happy and close by then what's to be concerned about. Besides, I've got more interesting things to figure out. Like where they hell they work and what routine they've got. And fixing that door."

"I'll teach you a new trick tonight," Jean whispered softly with a sexy giggle as she nipped his ear before moving for the door. One that you'll really like. Picked it up from Rogue..