Sipping on the strong black brew Jubilee had made Scott barely made a face at the acrid taste as he stared out the window. Being leader of the team meant he had to act responsible - however, that didn't mean he couldn't plot.

Leaning back in his chair he glanced across the room to where Rogue stood making herself something to eat. A few chairs away Jean sat talking to Storm and he grinned before hiding it behind his coffee cup.

{Oh Jeannie,} Scott sing-songed as his wife looked up from her conversation.

[What is it Scott?}

Ignoring the mild irritation in her mental voice, Scott raised an eyebrow at her, {You up for a little game of cat and mouse?}

[What are you talking about?]

{How much would you pay to see Logan squirm at the end of the hook?}

[Scott you're not serious. What are you talking about?]

{I imagine Rogue's getting a little impatient with that over grown hunk of scrap metal - what say we give her a hand. Gets him outta our hair; and the Professor'll have a bit more peace of mind -instead of having to deal with Logan in anger management.}

[Ooh, please continue.]

{Meet me in the garage in ten minutes, we're going to town.}

[Scott you are gonna kill me one of these days.]

{Just looking to invest in some padding.}

Rising Scott grinned at his wife and glanced at the door to Rogue's right. Setting his now empty cup in the sink, he made a quick, quiet exit from the room hiding his grin as Rogue glanced at him before heading for the sitting room with a large bowl.


Sliding into the garage Jean looked at her husband with a smile, "And just what are we up to?"


"Come on. Lets take a ride babe," Scott drawled opening the door to the Porsche. "Lets see if we can rekindle that spark."

"What spark? What are you talking about?" Jean demanded as Scott slid behind the wheel and cranked the engine over.

"How long as Rogue been after Logan?"

"Be more apt to tell you when she hasn't," Jean replied quickly with a grin. It was common knowledge around the mansion that Logan belonged to Rogue. The young woman had made it more than abundantly clear, rather vocally on occasion - of course the gruff Canadian had some problem with that proclamation - although not enough of one to actually confront the young woman about it.

Logan wasn't the kind of guy that people claimed. He was gruff, bad-tempered, and down right unpleasant to anyone and everyone. Yet somehow the tiny slip of a girl who'd crawled into his trailer seemed to hold him in place like a solid foundation. It was a constant source of amazement how Rogue could tame him down with a simple look, a smile, or a touch. The team had witnessed it on more than one occasion when they were out on a mission.

Just the other day during a mission as a matter of fact, Logan had gone berserk on Scott's ass because he'd been told not to chase Mystique - who'd attacked Rogue. There'd been a rather loud, very nearly violent confrontation in the Blackbird before Rogue had walked up to Logan and slid an arm around his waist and offered him a smile.

She'd whispered something to him that had his eyes narrowing but his claws had slid back beneath his skin, and he'd shrugged a little before letting her lead him back to their seats. Scott had been on the verge of having a heart attack until a lightbulb had flashed over his head. His idea had grown as he'd watched the events unfold the day before and the idea had solidified itself last night as he'd watched them interacting over a game of hockey.

"Exactly. Just last night she spent the evening curled up on him watching hockey, or rather watching him watch hockey. Tonight will probably be a repeat of the evening the same as every night. I just think we should give him a push in the right direction."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well Rogue's birthday is in a month. I just think we should give her what she really wants for it. More than anything, more even than control, Rogue wants Logan. So we need to come up with a plan that's gonna give everyone what they want. Rogue gets Logan, the rest of us gets a little peace and quiet! And Charles gets a break on the repair bill for the Danger Room."

"Okay so what do you want to do?"

"We all know that Logan goes nuts when Rogue's outta the mansion, outta his sight for too long. How about we offer her a prepaid holiday for a week.."

"Rogue won't leave the mansion willingly."

"She will if we tell her why she's going," Scott promised easily as he grinned at his wife. "We'll just let her mull it over then send her somewhere nice. Let him think she's run and boom - he's off after her and we get some peace for a few days!"

"Of course we're gonna need those few days to recover because he's gonna claw everyone and everything until he finds out why she took off!" Jean warned.

"We'll just need a few accomplices. Besides, that new kid Remy's a pain in the ass. Makin' eyes at every woman within a hundred feet.."

"Sounds like Logan.."

"Logan hasn't looked at another woman in so long I'm beginning to think his eyesight has gone on him. Besides, Remy deserves a good ass-kicking considering he takes advantage of the situation all the time."

"Poor Remy he has no idea that you're setting him up to get skewered."

"Oh I'm sure he'll be glad of it once he learns why."

"I'd like to know why," Jean grinned at her husband.

"Women find scars sexy," Scott replied honestly. "You said it yourself."

"I know I did." Jean sighed and looked at her husband closely. "Okay. But we're gonna have to figure something out that's solid. No half-way plans Scott. If Logan finds out what we're up to, he's gonna kick all our butts and let God sort us out!"

Scott grinned, "Its for a good cause dear."

"Oh brother!" Jean groaned softly shaking her head and hoping to hide her grin. "Are we in trouble now!"

Parking in front of one of the more upscale restaurants Scott hurried to hep Jean out of the car before they started inside. Walking with one arm around her waist he smiled to himself, the familiar thrill of being near her enough for the moment.

"So we need to discover somewhere Rogue would like to go," Scott said as they settled at the table and the waiter handed them menus.

"She was heading up to Alaska when Logan picked her up," Jean pointed out softly.

"Any idea where she was heading in Alaska?"


"She told Logan she doesn't want to go to Alaska anymore. Something about having enough memories of that place already," Jean replied quickly, memory racing at something she'd overheard. "Personally I think she stole his memories, much like she's stolen most of his experiences and personalized them for herself."

"Okay, Alaska is out. Have to think of somewhere else."

"Or something else." Jean pointed out with a smile as she took the glass of wine and sipped it slowly.

"There's always that mission to talk to that Headmaster from Richmond."

"If we send Rogue we have to send someone with her," Jean pointed out reasonably.

"So we send Logan.."

"That won't fly. You know how much he hates the thought of going on one of those `boring' missions. Besides, Rogue won't go. She's too loyal to Logan."

"So we send the frenchie."

"Scott!" Jean laughed quickly. "Professor Xavier won't let her go."

"Southpoint!" Scott snapped his fingers, "Send her to our cabin for a couple of weeks. If Logan doesn't know its our place, he's bound to get all worried."

"How you gonna stop Rogue from spilling the beans about it? They tell each other everything up to and including something like this! I don't want to be a wet blanket but we do have to figure out a way of getting her there without getting killed."

"There's a cabin ten miles from our place I know the owner. We'll stash her there and pretend ignorance. I mean after all we can't foresee the future," Scott pointed out excitedly.

"Okay so how we gonna get her up there without death to us?"

"Getting her up there without anyone knowing is the easy part. Keeping her there is another thing."

"You sure about there?"

"No but it did sound good!" Scott laughed with Jean even as he leaned back in his seat. What they needed was some way of getting Logan out of the mansion for a few hours so they could plot and plan without fear of being overheard by Logan's hearing.


"You know the kids have been thinking of doing some sort of charity event for the kids over in Richmond. That would be a perfect time to get him outta the way for a few hours."

"We do need to organize it, and decorate for it.." Jean paused at Scott's little gurgle of glee. "Ooh I am so gonna love this. Watching that pompous jerk fall flat on his ass is going to be so much fun!"

"This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Logan dropped me a month ago does it?"

"Dropped you? Now Jean, he didn't drop you. He just got wind of Rogue being in danger."

"Dear he dropped me. Off the staircase - remember you jumped him about it and spent the next two days in the medlab."

"Jean you slipped. Besides, Logan and I have come to terms with our mutual emotional status."

"Oh brother," Jean muttered as Scott took a long drink of his beer. The mansion residents had to be forewarned because Scott was out to make sure Logan was happily married by the time Rogue turned twenty-one!


It didn't take a genius to figure out that something was going on and Logan knew nobody ever called him that. He growled at the looks from some of the younger kids, especially the appraising, disgustingly arrogant look from that Cajun kid that seemed to want Rogue. Damn fool was going to get himself well acquainted with a set of metal claws if he didn't watch his ass.

"Hey Logan," the soft voice had him cringing inwardly and he turned to face Storm who for some reason had been after him to go to a meeting.

"Yeah Storm?"

"I'm glad I caught you Logan. The meeting is about to start and we can use your expertise."

"Unless its how to build a fight cage then I'm not going," Logan muttered under his breath as the woman grabbed his arm and began dragging him down the hall. Silently cursing the fact that he'd developed a fondness for the young weather goddess, Logan allowed himself to be pushed and prodded into the room where a bunch of teenagers sat.

"Cool, thanks Logan for comin'," Bobby smiled at the gruff fighter. He'd never admit it not even to John but Logan was the hottest guy in the school and the toughest.

"Yeah Wolvie we weren't sure you were still here. Its cool you could come," Jubilee said moving so he could have a chair and watching as he settled into it with a slightly pained expression before the trademark scowl slipped into place.


"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Lets get on with it, I ain't got all day!"

Hiding her smile Storm settled next to Logan; security in case he decided to run. "So have you decided what you want to do?"

"We're thinking a dinner slash dance. We figured out what we want to raise," Kitty started softly.

"How much?" Logan asked promptly, his mind already going to the bank account nobody on earth new about - except for a particular young streak haired mutant but that was beside the point.

"Well since it is a school, and they teach mutants there we figured around a hundred grand. That way it would be enough to help them rebuild and maybe buy a few books or something," Kitty said reading her notes.

"An admirable amount," Logan said mentally calculating if he had anywhere close to that amount. With a low growl at his own stupidity he shook his head and reached for his wallet. He needed to know these sorts of things. Noting the inquiring looks at him, he adjusted his jacket and settled in for a rather boring morning.

"So we figure if we do this dinner and dance and charge people a hundred bucks a plate..." Jubilee's voice sorta faded out as Logan focused on a point on the table and lost himself in his own memories of things he'd much rather be doing.



From where she sat in the upper story of the library, Jean smiled at Logan's distant expression and leaned against the railing. [ Boy do you not have a clue.] she thought a moment before she straightened as Rogue appeared suddenly in the doorway.

"Hey Logan," Rogue's southern accent drew a shudder from most of the men and boys in the room including Logan and Jean had to stifle a giggle.

"Yeah darlin', whatcha need?"

"My flippin' truck died."

"Again?"

"Yeah, only I don't think it was natural. Looks like someone tried to drain the tank or something," Rogue frowned as she leaned against the doorjamb. "I know you're busy with this fund-raising stuff but when you're done could you look at the uh thing for me?"

"Sure. Where is it?"


"Garage. I got it towed," Rogue held up a hand when Logan shifted. "I didn't even think to call sugar. Besides I didn't want you to think I was like most stupid women that forget to fill the gas tank."

"I'll look at it," Logan promised and watched her smile easily before sashaying outta the room. Turning back to the table he growled to get the boys' attention. "Don't ya have something you're supposed to be doing?" he snarled at them especially at the Cajun freak.

"Dat be a woman," Remy whistled low.

"Dat woman is not a slab of meat bub, better remember that!" Logan ground out his claws itching to come out.

"De chere isn't.."

"Remy, take some advice," Bobby leaned back in his chair. "Quit while you're still alive. If Rogue don't kill you, he will."

"But.."

"Enough," John declared glaring at the only one stupid enough to push the Wolverine's buttons. "Back to the matter at hand. We would still need someone to do part of the leg work. Even if one of us does it, we still need an instructor to drive whoever is doing it around to hand out the invites and such."

"No," Logan snorted. "I am not driving anyone around. I dislike driving anyone but me around."

"I'll do it. You can do the heavier stuff," Storm said softly, calmly. "You know help the boys moving furniture around. After you've looked at Rogue's truck of course."

"Yeah," Logan shook his head and pulled a cigar from his pocket, "Something that ain't getting done while I'm sitting here. Just do up a list of things you need me to do and leave `em on my desk," Logan instructed before he stalked outta the room, closing the doors behind him with a thud.

"Are you fuckin' crazy?" Jubilee whirled to face Remy the minute the doors were shut. "You have to be. No one in their right mind would even dare to be so..so.."

"Honest?" Remy shot back.

"Suicidal," Storm shot back. "Rogue belongs to Logan you go poking your nose in Remy and you're gonna get it chopped off!"

"You're just exaggerating. Der' ain't a man alive that insane."


"No?" Kitty shuddered. "He just killed half an invasion force by himself! Not to mention getting shot in the head and walking away from it, or killin' that other super healer at Alkali Lake. And you don't think he's capable of hurting you? Yeah, we know you're fucking nuts."

"Kitty!" Storm stared at the young woman. "How do you know so much about what happened at Alkali Lake?"

"I overheard them talkin' bout it. The last time they touched.."

"The last time they touched was the at the Statue.." Storm paused as Kitty shook her head.

"No it wasn't. Rogue was down in the Danger Room running a simulation and got hurt. Logan was not too happy and touched her. When I heard them they were arguing about Alkali Lake."

"Uh oh," Storm said softly staring at the other girl before glancing up to see Jean standing at the edge of the railing. "Did you know about it?"

"No. She never said anything to me."

"We might be in trouble. When did they touch?"

"Oh its been a while. Christmas?" Kitty shrugged and looked at the two senior members of the team.

"Christmas? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, cause she's been suffering from insomnia most nights since then."

"Jean you're gonna have to talk to her."

"Yeah," Jean smiled and glanced at the closed doors. They didn't know it but they'd just found a way of getting Rogue outta the mansion and a way to keep her mouth shut so Logan wouldn't find out what she was up to.

Hurrying to her room Jean flipped through her personal address book and smirked, sitting down she dialed the long distance number and waited for it to be answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello Jasmine?"

"This is she," the woman's voice responded politely.

"This is Jean Greye, I own the cabin.."


"Oh yes. Sorry I was a bit distracted and didn't recognize your voice. What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you knew if there was a cabin for sale in the area?"

"Sure, there's a couple actually. One around the lake and one about ten miles down the road from the turnoff. It's an old hunter's lodge and isn't quite as nice as ours."

"How much is the hunter's lodge?" Jean asked quickly.

"They're asking seventy five thousand."

"Can you put a bid on it for eighty. I really need that place."

"Are you at home at the moment?"

"Yes, do you want the number?"

"Please and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"Alright its one four three, five five five, nine seven nine one," Jean rattled off. "Just leave a message if you get the machine."

"You'll know by dinner time."

"Thanks."

Hanging up Jean sat there grinning as she rubbed her hands together and thought of how exactly to get Rogue to cooperate.

"What are you up to?" Scott asked softly.

"I found a cabin. I'm buying it."

"Jean.."

"No, no listen to me. Its perfect, something that Logan would love. The cabin's about ten miles away from the turn off and its an old hunters lodge. Primitive, isolated, and its perfect for getting Rogue out of here without a word to Logan."

"And how are you gonna get that to happen. I happen to know that Logan's been helping the kids out with their fund-raising plans. And Rogue's been doing some research, but they're suppose to watch the hockey game tonight!"

Jean smiled, an evil, lurking expression that had Scott feeling a moment of panic. "He has to go into town sooner or later. I just need ten minutes alone with Rogue and she's as good as gone!"

"You don't do something to upset her," Scott warned. "We want to make her happy - and tie Logan in knots, not make her want to hide from us."

"Oh I won't do anything to hurt her!" Jean smiled softly. "Just offer her a chance to do something for Logan for once."


Rogue shook her head trying to get rid of the rather annoying grumbling that seemed to fill it as she sat there staring at her text books. Finally giving up she tossed the advanced biology text book aside and the grumbling stopped.

Smiling as she realized it was one more thing Logan didn't see any need for her to read about she rose and padded across the room to the mini-fridge in her room. Pulling out a six pack she popped the top on one of the beers and settled on the edge of her bed.

"Rogue?" Jean's soft voice had her growling for a moment before she called out to come in.

"Hi Jean," Rogue saluted her with the can of beer before returning her attention to the window and the fading sun set.

"I um have a question for you?" Jean said moving into the room and closing the door quickly.

"Yes it is real beer. I've been craving it.."

"No, no that wasn't what I was going to ask you," Jean smiled softly and sat down in one of the chairs in the rather large room. "I was just wondering if you would be interested in doing something for Logan?"

"What did you have in mind?" Rogue leaned forward, her interest peaked.

"I got a line on a cabin - a retreat for Logan. Only problem is I sorta bought it sight unseen and I want to know what needs to be done. You know Logan so well, would you be interested in going up and checking it out. Redecorating or whatever needs doing?"

"Why?"

"Well because you know him so well.."

"No, why would you of all people buy Logan a cabin? You think.."

"No. I'm buying it for him for you," Jean said easily. "See you're always saying that Logan deserves something for all he does for us, for you. I know its your birthday coming and just thought that this way you could give him something that he really needs. A chance to get away from all the hubbub of the mansion once in the while. And if you know where it is, know what it is in it just another bonus for you."

"Where is it?"

"Ten miles from Dease Lake."

Smiling Rogue nodded, already hearing the slight purr coming from the Logan in her mind. He really liked the idea of having a retreat, and he liked it even better that she would be the only one there for some time. The place would smell like her.

"You gonna tell Logan?"

"Nope, see no point in telling him you want to surprise him for your birthday right? After all we both know Logan would drop everything and rush up there to make sure you're okay."

"Nobody will know? I mean I won't get up some morning and find Remy asleep on the couch or something?"

"If you do just kick him out. Its your and Logan's place. And something tells me you need it just as much as he does."

"I do need a retreat when the voices get to be too much. Logan tries his hardest to keep `em all quiet but sometimes they just gang up on him and run rampant for a bit until he gets really, really mad."

Jean smiled, "Kitty told us about you touching him last Christmas."

"How'd she know about that?" Rogue frowned uneasy with the thought of anyone knowing about a touch that truth be told had filled her head with thoughts from Logan he'd tried very hard to get her to forget although not for the reason many would ever think.

"Overheard you two arguing."

Rogue nodded and sighed, "It changed."

"What did."

"Logan, when he touched me this last time. Something shifted, something changed. I got a fresh dose of Wolverine, his fighting skills, his abilities - strengths, weaknesses and all, but under it, laced through it was something else," Rogue shifted, flushing slightly. "Logan loves me, he wants me."

"I know."

"He's scared though," Rogue whispered staring at her beer can. "Not that he's a coward or anything.."


"No, no he isn't. Logan's scared he's going to hurt you, make you see just how bad he really is."

"Don't tell anyone about this," Rogue looked panicked for a moment and Jean nodded.

"I won't breath a word of this. Besides, I think Logan deserves to be happy and you do make him happy. Matter of fact I think you're the only person on this planet that does."

Rogue smiled and shrugged. "So how do I get to our cabin?"

"Scott is going to get Logan out of the mansion for a few hours tonight - drag him to some `fact finding' thing in town and I am going to fly you up."

"You sure nobody's gonna know?"

"Nobody's going to know anything Rogue. Relax, you're safe and sound with me."

Rogue nodded and glanced at the old, battered green duffel she'd had when she first arrived. It still sat in the bottom of her closet, waiting for the day when she ran again. "Guess I should start packin' huh?"

"Yeah, we leave at seven."

"Okay."

Rising Jean slipped soundlessly from the room a small smile on her face as she headed for her room. Rogue really was in love with Logan, the crush she'd had, had long since faded in the face of cold reality to reveal the love of a woman. A love that saw the bad, saw the scars, the shadows and didn't care about them! It was given because of the darkness, not in spite of it and it showed. It was a love that was returned albeit reluctantly because Logan didn't believe himself worthy of her love and devotion but he'd long ago given up on trying to keep himself from loving her.

Oh yes, things would be interesting for a day or so before Logan gave in and went to her. Very interesting and Jean smirked, perhaps Remy would get that wake up call he was so determined to avoid!


A low pitched growl did little to ease the tension in Logan's shoulders as he sat next to Scott talking to some woman in a low lit bar. Completely ignoring the conversation going on he glanced at the wall and noted the time.

Damn it, they still had about two hours of this `meeting' to go and he was bored beyond reason. He wondered briefly if Marie was still studying for the biology exam or if she'd given up on it. Hell there wasn't anything in those text books that he couldn't tell her.


"Logan?" Scott's annoying tone had him barely restraining the urge to gut something - namely the red glasses encased geek sitting next to him.

"Yeah what?"

"Looks like we're done here. You uh wanna make any stops?"

Logan smiled evilly at Scott and shrugged, "Sure. Why not?"

"So I need the address to get there?"

Logan shrugged easily, one eyebrow jacking up at Scott's insistent tone, "Its on eighth street."

"Okay," Scott followed Logan out of the bar a tiny smile on his face, ooh yeah the big man was beginning to sweat and it felt good. {Jean? How's it going?}

[Need another hour. Rogue's at the cabin and I'm on my way home.]

{Gotcha.}

"So what's this place like?"

"It's a fight bar," Logan replied lighting his cigar. "One of the few in New York."

"And its legal?"

"No asshole," Logan grunted angrily. "It isn't. Which means you're gonna haveta shut up and try not to get in the way."

"So why are we going?"

"Cause I'm in the mood to pound something and since you're the only one around I haveta find someone else to beat. Besides it doesn't pay to beat the shit outta you."

"Oh," Scott shuddered at the thought of what he'd gotten himself into and wondered if maybe they should have thought of another means of making Logan squirm. Two hours later he knew it.

The fight club had the distinct look of an illegally run operation not to mention the unsanitary look of having not been cleaned for a few days or years! Young women walked around nearly naked and Scott had found himself amazed when Logan just brushed `em off and headed for the burly, fat man sitting at the end of the bar.

The fact that Logan beat everyone who challenged him easily, with moves that Scott wasn't sure he'd seen the other man use before had Scott shuddering and praying that Logan didn't pick up on his fear. Shaking his head he watched Logan finish off the last in a long line of contenders before heading for the bar and the clothes he'd left behind.

"Are we done?" Scott asked softly eying the cage with something akin to horror.

"Just gotta collect my earnings," Logan smirked and turned to the bartender who nodded and disappeared to reappear with a thick, manilla envelope that looked like it had been through World War One.

"So that's a cage fight?" Scott asked as they pulled out into traffic and headed for the mansion.

"That's a cage fight. Not as good down here, like all you American's are `fraid to take a pounding. Canadians fight better."

Rolling his eyes, Scott glanced sharply at Logan, "Can I ask you something without you skewering me?"

"Sure," Logan shrugged, he had to admit he was feeling charitable.

"What's up with you and Rogue?"

A low snarl filled the car as Logan's head whirled to face Scott, "What the fuck do you mean?"

"I mean she keeps throwin' herself at you and.."

"She's a kid," Logan growled his fists clenched. "And I made a promise."

"Really? Cause even I can see you're crazy `bout her."

"She's special," Logan ground out. "And our relationship is none of your fuckin' business."

"Perhaps," Scott acknowledge.

{I'm back Scott,} Jean's mental message popped into his head with amazing clarity and he hid his smile.

"Besides, you don't see me fawning all over your relationship with Jeannie now do you?"

"Not since you dropped her!"

"Yeah well, Rogue needed me," Logan shot back taking a long drag off his cigar and closing his eyes.

"Yeah," Scott rolled his eyes as he turned into the mansion's driveway.

Glad to be rid of Scott, Logan headed inside without looking back. Taking the stairs two at a time he headed for Marie's room only to come to a dead halt when he saw the Cajun thief coming out of it.

"And what are you doing?" the low hiss had Jubilee jumping and running.

"I be pickin' up de Chere's stuff," Remy said holding up a bag that belonged to Jubilee. "What be you doing?"

"None of your fuckin' business," Logan ground out and shoulder checked the younger man as he walked past. Stupid fuckin' pervert should be shot.

"Wow, chere Rogue needs to calm him down a bit. Don't he t'ink we got eyes," Remy's voice drifted up the hallway and Logan paused his eyes narrowing.

"Remy, shut up before he kills ya," Jubilee's tone held laughter as she dragged Remy's ass outta harms way.


Logan rapped sharply on the door before opening it and noting that the room was empty. Marie's scent, usually so strong in the room was conspicuous in its lack of strength. "Kid? You here?" Logan called hopefully.

Getting no response he flicked on the light and glanced around, the drapes had been drawn, the desk cleaned off completely, and her closet stood half open. Noting the empty hangers, Logan moved further into the room and started jerking open drawers.


Jean flinched when she heard the unmistakable sounds of a furious Wolverine and sent out a mental warning to everyone within striking distance to evacuate the floor. With a smile at Scott who looked unsure she rose and stepped out into the hallway just as Rogue's bedroom door opened and Logan stepped out.

"Evening Logan," Jean greeted him patiently and turned to head downstairs.

"Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Don't give me that," Logan snarled stalking toward her easily, his fists clenched even as his claws slid out from under his skin.

"Uh she said she was going to do some research the last time I talked to her," Jean said softly, eying the claws uneasily. "Did you look in the library?"

"Its nine at night Jeannie, she wouldn't be in the library."

"Oh she's probably out for a walk or something. You know everyone's been going on about her upcoming birthday and she's probably just went to get some space from us."

"I'm sure you'd better be right," Logan snarled at her as he stomped past. "Or you're gonna get a taste of adamantium and it ain't gonna be memorable."

"Uh okay," Jean stood still as Logan stomped down the steps and disappeared into the hallway.

"Well, they're separated now all we gotta do is keep him from killing us," Scott drawled with an evil little smile. "How about a drink?"

"Ooh, I like that idea. I'll give Rogue a call in a couple of days, check up on things."

"Until then lets try to avoid Logan as much as possible."

"You are a genius," Jean whispered softly and patted her husband's jaw. "And I am so glad you're mine."


With a sigh, Rogue slapped her hands on her hips and stood there eying the inside of the cabin. Jean had arranged for the boxes of goods now sitting in the middle of the floor to be delivered and it was up to Rogue to decorate.

"Decorate?" Rogue huffed softly, "Yeah that's what you think. Logan loves it just the way it is. However, since I'm living here to we're going to clean up a bit and add some of my touches. You hear me Logan?" she shook her head and giggled, before digging into the first box.

After unpacking it she raised an eyebrow her face growing more and more red. "I don't know where I'm supposed to hang these but satin sheets are not for the walls. I wonder?" Padding up the stairs she opened doors until she came to the master bedroom. Sitting in the middle of the room was a brand new king-sized canopy bed. Leaning against the doorjamb she laughed until her sides ached.

"Jean you're brilliant," she chuckled and set to work making the bed. When the bed was finished she started on the rest of the room, hanging up what she'd brought with her and making room for Logan's clothes.

Working through the day, Rogue finally halted when it the sun started to set and looked around. Another couple of days and the place would actually look inhabitable - at least to her. Logan on the other hand had other ideas if the purring in her mind was any indication.

"So what do you think sugah? You like?" Rogue asked as she started for the kitchen.

~Now you know I do!~


"Good, cause I'd hate to kick your ass if you didn't," Rogue giggled and started making dinner. Tonight would be the best night, she would be sleeping on the brand new, spiffy canopy bed with brand new pillows. If only she'd known about it the night before instead of sleeping on that awful couch.

Sitting down on the porch she watched as the sun finished sinking beyond the horizon before rising to head inside. She'd promised Jean she'd give it a day or two before she called but the urge to call Logan was so strong that she reached for the phone before shaking her head and putting it down. "Nope, a promise is a promise. If Logan can keep his, I can keep mine."

Exhausted she headed upstairs to have a shower before slipping between the satin sheets, secure in the knowledge that she was alone in the cabin. That it was the first thing she would be able to give back to Logan.



Charles sat behind his desk eying both Scott and Jean who looked guilty. Glancing down at the top of his desk, a desk that had at one time been beautifully hand crafted in solid cherry wood but now had scratches all over it from Logan's rather impressive temper. Picking up a piece of paper, Charles looked back at his two favorite students.

"One thousand, nine hundred, eighty three dollars and sixty four cents," Charles quoted easily. "That's how much the electrician is currently billing me, not to mention the fact that the students are terrified, Remy's been acting like a choirboy lately, and Rogue seems to have mysteriously vanished. Any explanations?"

"Sure," Scott leaned back in his chair and shrugged, "We just wanted to do something for Logan is all."

"Do you think you could have done something that wouldn't result in my accountant wanting to kill me?" Charles snapped waving the page around. "I mean.."

"Professor, we all know Logan is nuts about Rogue. And we all know he isn't going to act on that," Jean shrugged uneasily. "All we want is for him to be happy and for him to be happy he needs Rogue. Now Rogue is safe, she's happy and she'll be back soon.."

"Where is she exactly?" Charles demanded.

"Somewhere she wants to be," Jean smiled easily. "Look it's a surprise okay. Just bear with us this please?"

"As long as nobody gets hurt and Logan gets calmed down sufficiently that classes can resume I'll be happy."

Jean smiled and glanced at her watch, "Oops gotta run Professor. Rogue's due to call and Remy the poor, unfortunate boy is about to answer the call!"

"Jean.."

"Trust us. We're killing two birds er womanizers with one stone," Scott said as they rose and hurried for the door. "We'll continue this after okay?"

"But.." Charles watched them disappear out the door and shook his head. Their plotting was going to kill him - or bankrupt him.

Slipping into the room, Jean noted Logan sitting scowling at the hockey game on t.v., Jubilee sitting with Kitty giggling over a magazine, and poor Remy within arms reach of the phone. She glanced at Scott as the phone rang and Remy reached over to answer it.

"`Ello, Xavier's Institute for de Gifted," Remy's french accent had Logan stiffening and Jean elbowed Scott who glanced at the gruff Canadian.

"Hey Remy, is Jean around?" Rogue asked quickly, hoping that Jean wasn't out on a mission or something.

"Chere, where you be?" Remy asked quickly, "You don't wanna talk to dis tief? I'm hurt."

"Remy is Jean there?" Rogue's tone held little patience.

"Who's on the phone Frenchie?" Logan's low growl had everyone jumping and the kids in the room rising to hurry out of the room. "If it ain't Rogue get off it!"

"Dat be no way to speak to Remy," the thief groused. "You t'ink you de only man in de world for the petite."

"Listen you little twirp, either get off the phone.."

"It be for Jean," Remy glared at Logan who hadn't moved a muscle off the couch.

"Thank you Remy," Jean said snatching the phone away from him and sinking into the chair easily. "Jean here."

"Hi Jean," Rogue sighed. "How's things going down there?"

"Very well considering the circumstances. Just have to be a little more careful for a bit. How about you?"

"I'm done, just finished up today. You should see the place - or not!" Rogue giggled suddenly, "Logan doesn't like that idea. Anyway, I was wondering if you were going to send him up soon?"

"When would you like it?"


"Since he's probably going to be driving I'd say tell him tonight or tomorrow. I mean he's gonna wanna know as quickly as possible. And the Professor's probably anxious to get rid of him for a bit, considering his temper."

"No, no that's been fine. Nothing we haven't expected however you might be right. I'll do it at the earliest convenience okay?"

"Great. Talk to you later Jean, give Logan a hug for me okay. Tell him I miss him," Rogue said and hung up the phone after Jean's acknowledgement.

"Who was that?" Logan's low growl had everyone jumping and even Scott looking uneasy.

"Oh just a friend of mine. Wanted some tips on decorating," Jean smiled easily at him as she rose and padded from the room.



Walking down the corridor, Jean hummed under her breath even as she struggled to repress the gleeful little giggle that threatened her. Rogue was getting desperate to see Logan, Logan was steaming very, very nicely and Scott had discovered a few creative tricks in the bedroom. All in all it was a very good day.

Turning the corner she headed for her office a smirk of satisfaction on her face. Shifting the files she'd grabbed from the foyer table, she reached for the keys as she walked past a supply closet.

"What the.." Jean whirled only to step back as a very disgruntled looking Wolverine crowed her into the small space of the closet and glared at her. "Uh Logan, hi. What's wrong? You look.."

"Where is she?" the words were carefully spaced out, hard and bitten off in rage.

"Who?" Jean drawled wondering if anyone would hear her scream.

"Don't even think it Red. Where is my girl?"

"I didn't know.." Jean stuttered to a stop when he grabbed the lapel of her jacket and hoisted her up. "Logan, Logan what are you doing?"

Ignoring Jean's nervous demand, Logan bound her hands and feet before gagging her easily. "When your memory returns, give me a holler." he snarled and left her hanging from the single copper peg on the wall.

Stepping out of the closet Logan smirked and headed for the lift Scott was in on this, he knew it! Logan had the distinct impression Scott would be more forthcoming with the information he wanted than Jean had been. Course Jean was going to be there for a while so it didn't really matter.


"Hey Logan," Jubilee's greeting ground on his already exposed nerves as he walked into the entertainment room.

"Mmph," Logan grunted snatching the remote back from Remy who paled and moved down the couch a desperate look on his face.

"What's on the tube?" Bobby asked stepping into the room and glancing at Logan who held the remote.

"Hockey, so sit down and shut up," Logan ground out his senses alerting him to the return of Scott.

"Anyone seen Dr. Grey?" Scott asked the room, noting Logan on the couch and he way he had a great deal of space around him. With a sigh, he turned amid a chorus of `no's'. "Thanks."

"Red said something about doing some thinkin'," Logan smirked at Scott. "Might want to check out the library."

Feeling a sickening sensation as the familiar words came back to haunt him, Scott smiled slightly and began backing out of the room. Unless he missed his guess Logan had ambushed Jean - which mean that she could be anywhere.

Hearing the phone's angry peel he picked up the nearest receiver, "Xavier's School for the Gifted. Scott speaking."

"Hey Scott," Rogue's soft voice had him smiling. "Is Jean handy?"

"Naw, Logan's getting impatient. I have a feeling she's tucked away until he finds out where you are."

"Oh. I told Jean earlier to tell him where I am. I miss him."

"Unless that's Rogue One-eye get off the phone," Logan's angry roar had Scott flinching and Rogue giggling.

"Put him on the phone Scott," Rogue laughed softly. "I wanna talk to him."

"You sure, I'd hate to torture you like that!"

"Jean's probably hanging up in one of the supply closets Scott, go rescue her. And Scott, just so you know talking to Logan, being with him is hardly torture."

"Yeah, say that after he's tore a strip off you," Scott said as Logan appeared looking furious. "Anyways here he is."

"Thank you!"


"Give it here," Logan snarled turning to glare at Scott. "NOW!"

"Who is it?" Logan's snarl had Rogue shaking her head.

"What are you doing there?" Rogue demanded suddenly.

"Where are you at kid?"

"In the middle of the woods. What's wrong Logan?"

"What's wrong?" Logan roared. "You are nowhere near the mansion that's what's wrong! Do you have any idea how worried I've been."

"Logan I can take care of myself," Rogue snapped noting the concern and fear in Logan's voice even if no one else could ever pick up on it.

"Really? Do you realize that you've missed three of the playoff games? Huh? Not to mention you've been nowhere to be seen when its been our night to steal the tv. Where are you?"

"I told you.."

"Exact location or I'm gonna start skinning Frenchie here," Logan drawled eying Remy who looked sick.

"I don't know the exact location, it's a cabin in Northern BC."

"I'll get Jean or Scooter to fly me up," Logan shot back.

"But Logan.."

"And why are you calling Jeannie?"

"Uh Logan.."

"Never mind we'll discuss this when I get there," Logan snapped and glared at Scott who had started for the lower levels. "Which will be very soon."

"But Logan.." sighing Rogue shook her head as the dial tone began to buzz in her ear. It looked like Logan was in one of his moods and she was the only one who could calm him down. Smiling to herself, Rogue glanced around the main hall of the cabin. Ooh yes, Logan was in for a shock and she was glad she was giving it to him.

Humming softly, Rogue headed for the kitchen to make dinner. Gathering the supplies to feed two she cranked the stereo and got to work, after all she had only about two hours.


"Where is she?"

"Up near Dease Lake," Scott said eying Logan uneasily. "She's got a surprise for you.."

"Fuck that bullshit. You're taking me up there. NOW One-eye."

"Now Logan.."

"Move or you're gonna have a new set of scratches to show Jean."

"Not until you tell me where my wife is," Scott shot back unperturbed.

"Lower level, supply closet. Just sorta hanging around."

"Logan!" Scott gasped and whirled to rescue Jean.

"Uh uh, not so fast geek. First off you're gonna take me to Rogue," Logan said grabbing Scott's sweater and holding him steady. "Or I can make things very uncomfortable for you."

"No way, Jean's probably panicking by now."

"Naw, I don't think so. Now move, fly boy or else."

Growling, grumbling Scott headed for the Blackbird, glad to be rid of Logan but worried about Jean. It didn't take long before he had the plane in the air and was on the way to northern Canada.

"And just for your information I don't appreciate your little nick-names. I have a name, use it in the future."

"Yeah whatever Cyke," Logan shrugged uneasily. He missed Rogue, missed their conversations, missed being able to hold her, touch her. Granted he still believed that loving him would hurt her in the end but this seperation had made him realize that he'd much rather have a minute with her than face a lifetime without.

Ignoring Scott was easy for Logan as they sped along until Scott set the plane down in a small clearing a few miles away from a rustic looking cabin, "This is the place. It's the only hunter's lodge within a hundred miles."

"She better be okay," Logan warned and glared at Scott, "Or you're gonna need a doctor."

"She's fine," Scott shot back uneasily and leaned back in his seat. "Now, are you getting off my jet or going to sit here and study the lay of the land?"


"Go to hell," Logan grunted and moved off the plane. Leaving it in the clearing he headed for the cabin he'd spotted, every sense tuned into his surroundings. Hearing the soft, steady beat from a stereo, Logan paused as he acquainted himself with the tune he grinned suddenly and broke into a light run.

Coming on the cabin he took the steps two at a time and stalked across the porch to try the door. Opening it he stepped inside instantly assaulted with Rogue's scent mixed with the rich aroma of cooking.

"Hey sugar," Rogue's soft voice had his head whipping around to face her.

Logan stared at the young woman standing looking at him with a grin. Her long hair had been pulled back into a ponytail, her face was scrubbed of all traces of makeup, and she was dressed in jeans, a sweater, and her scarf. "You tryin' to kill me?"

"No," Rogue shrugged and smiled at him easily, familiarly. "Figured you'd want to get away once in a while. This way you've got a place to go.."

"What?"

"The cabin its ours. Our place, or your place. You'll probably use it more than me.."

Logan stalked over to her, stopping mere inches away from her forcing her to look up at him. "Why?"

"You deserve it," Rogue shrugged carelessly. "You've always been there for me, saved me time and again - I just figured it was time I did the same for you!"

Logan grinned, "You saved me a long time ago kid. When you didn't run from me after that brawl in the bar.. When you came to me then, you saved me. I just repaid you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Still don't get you off the hook for running out on me. But I appreciate it all the same."

Rogue giggled, "Dinner's ready. Hope you're hungry I made lots."

"I'm starving," Logan said dropping his jackets on the couch as he followed her into the kitchen. "So you gonna stay here with me for a while or head back?"

"I've always been with you Logan. Just figured out that this time we could have some privacy to do whatever we wanted. That and I'm very much a big fan of moving this relationship outta limbo and into the bedroom."

Logan grinned and hefted her onto the counter easily, soaking up her shocked gasps. "Yeah?"


"Yeah," Rogue stared at him. "We're doing everything else that couples do, why can't we have the sexual part too?"

"Cause once we start, there isn't any way out. Not for you, not for me. I need you too much."

"Good, I'd hate to think that it was all one sided anyway." Rogue shot back as he pulled her close for a quick, hard kiss before releasing her. "Now then, you wanna carve the chicken?"

"Be glad to," Logan said wallowing in the sexual tension that filled the air, knowing that it would be released soon.



"Well?" Charles eyed both Jean and Scott uneasily. It had been three days since Logan had taken off and the student body had breathed a sigh of relief.

"Haven't heard from either of them," Jean replied softly a glance at her husband. "I'm not too concerned although I am curious."

"You have a phone number?"

"Of course," Jean replied firmly and prattled it off. "I don't know if she'll answer though. I've never tried to phone her."

"We'll see," Charles replied dialing the phone easily. Hearing the ring he shifted in his chair and waited.

"Unless this is an emergency.." Rogue's soft voice held an undercurrent of something, even as the sound of a low, satisfied purr reached them.

"Rogue? Are you okay?"

"Ooh yeah," Rogue panted catching Logan's wandering hands and holding them in place on her breasts. "It's the professor," she hissed at him when he nipped her shoulder. "Behave."

"I can't help it if he's gotten really bad timing darlin'," Logan replied softly in her ear. "What's he want?"

"I don't know," Rogue whimpered at the soft sting of his teeth abusing the skin on her shoulder. "But I'd like to uh oh yeah, find out."

"Better ask him," Logan whispered moving slightly so he could continue his exploration of Rogue's body with his mouth.


"Did we catch you at a bad time?" Charles asked hearing the soft whimpers coming over the phone line.

"Sorta," Rogue panted then dropped the phone as she felt a familiar warmth sweep across her hip, nipping at the soft skin of her upper thigh. "Logan, please.."

"Anything you want babe," Logan shot back dropping a quick kiss on her abdomen before trailing lower.

"Rogue?" Jean called glancing at Scott and blushing slightly, "We were just wondering how things are going?"

"Very good," Rogue said scrambling to get the phone back to her ear even as Logan's busy tongue went to work on her nether regions. "We uh, we're doing good. Right there Logan!"

"I aim to please," Logan replied softy moving up her body to take the phone from her hand. "Now then if it ain't an emergency we're sorta busy."

"We haven't heard from either of you in days," Charles said softly, noting the lust thickened sound of Logan's voice. "Considering your mind frame when you departed, we were concerned."

"We're good, very good. We'll call you back," Logan said as Rogue leaned up to nip at his neck, grabbing the exact spot that could push him to the brink of insanity faster than anything else. Reaching over he dropped the phone at the hook before returning his attention to the young woman under him. "Much much later," he whispered before bending his head and kissing her.

Hearing the phone drop, Charles frowned slightly before the distinct sound of someone's gasping breath echoed over the line, accompanied by the slight squeaking of wood, and the grunts and mumbles of two voices who were obviously wrapped up in what they were doing!

Hanging up quickly, Charles eyed the couple before him who looked beyond satisfied. "Do you have any explanation?"

"Only that we're very please they're together," Jean replied. "Its about time. Logan's been going insane with wanting her, and Rogue's been throwing herself at him like he's a god. Just figured it was time that they got a chance to be together."

"And how does Remy fit into this?"

"Just a scapegoat. He's got three girls dangling right now, and we just figured it was past time that he smartened up!"

"Things will return to normal then?"

"Oh for sure," Jean giggled as she glanced at the phone on Charles' desk. "But I do have to admit that I wouldn't mind finding out just how they're.."

"Get out of here!" Charles gasped. "Out! Now both of you! I don't want to know anything about this!"

Laughing Jean followed Scott out of the room and winked, "Mission accomplished?"

"Yeah, we'll let them have some peace for a while. Next mission though is those twos."

"You got it."