"I'm tired of it Rogue!" Bobby's voice was hard, angry as he stood facing Rogue in the garden.

"Tired of what?" Rogue snarled back. She didn't understand what Bobby's problem was, but then she didn't understand a whole lot about the young man who stood opposite her. "I can't help it Bobby, I don't try to.."

"Your skin is not the issue here," Bobby snarled walking up to poke her in the chest furiously. "I am tired of you being here in body but your heart, your mind is gone. Your emotions aren't even in this relationship.."

"What are you babbling about Bobby? For fuck sake grow up! Why can't you act more like Logan, more like a grown man?"

"That's it," Bobby threw his hands in the air and stared at his girlfriend feeling his heart shredding. He knew this was coming, knew that the end would be painful but he hadn't really thought it would be like this. Every day since they'd gotten together was just one more day for her to throw Logan in his face.

The thing was he knew she didn't do it on purpose; it wasn't like she was consciously comparing them. But it hurt just the same to realize that the girl he loved with all his heart, the girl he wanted to be with loved another. He had watched as night after night she sought out memories of Logan to cling to when she had her nightmares. How she wore that damn tag like some sort of medal, like a badge of honor for her. In her own way, Rogue was and always would belong to someone else, and that hurt, that sliver of knowledge broke his already bruised heart.

"Bobby?" Rogue stared at him in horror.

"I am tired of being compared to Logan, I am not him."

"I didn't say you were," Rogue snapped.

"No you didn't," Bobby sighed tiredly, his face growing impassive. "Do you have any idea what it feels like to know you're not the one your lover wants? I feel like you're cheating on me and he's not even here!"

"You're imagining things."

"Am I?" Bobby stared at Rogue for a heart beat, "If Logan were standing here right this minute I'd be forgotten. You're so focused on him that you don't see what's right in front of you."

"I love you Bobby.."

"But you're not in love with me," Bobby whispered painfully. "And I can't wait for you to fall in love with me forever. I thought with him gone maybe I'd have a chance but it doesn't work that way. We both know this isn't going to work."

"You're not being fair. Logan's my best friend!"

"I'm being as fair as you are. You think its fun to be with someone whose heart belongs to someone else? You should really try it sometime, it's the pits," With a sad smile at Rogue, Bobby stalked past her, headed for the mansion and the seclusion of his room.

Standing letting him go, Rogue wondered why she wasn't tore up by the fact that he'd run out on her, on them. Without thinking she whirled and raced for her room, intent on escaping her own pain at the realization that Bobby was right. Her heart belonged to someone else, and tying Bobby down wasn't fair to him.

Half an hour later she was standing on the platform of the train station her cloak hiding her body, a duffel bag tossed over one shoulder as she waited for the train to stop. Uncaring of her destination she stepped onto the train and settled into her seat, her dark eyes haunted but clear of tears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping into the smoky interior of the bar Logan took a deep breath that hitched at a familiar scent. One that was as familiar, as welcome to him as his own, his hazel eyes searching desperately before falling on the familiar figure huddled in a corner. Walking silently across the room he settled on the stool next to her and ordered a beer.

"Hey," Logan glanced at Rogue out of the corner of his eye, "Come here often?"

"This is my second time here," Rogue whispered sadly. "Guess that means I'm a regular."

"So what brings you back to Laughlin?" Logan asked as he settled in to enjoy his beer.

"Bobby and I had a fight," Rogue started tearfully.

"Yeah, you've had those before."

"Not like this. Never like this one."

"He hit you?" there was barely leashed hostility in his voice along with something she couldn't quite put a name to.

"No, it might have been easier if he had but he didn't," Rogue sighed glancing at Logan with pain in her brown eyes. "He accused me of cheating on him."

Logan couldn't help the shocked look that covered his face; the thought of Rogue being unfaithful to the Ice Prick wasn't something he was comfortable with. Oh he knew Rogue was her own woman, hell anyone with eyes could see that but it was the fact that she didn't go in for that sort of thing that told him Bobby was sick in the head. "I find that hard to believe."

"Yeah, so did I," Rogue sighed and ordered another beer. "But that's what he said. I didn't know he felt like that. Said he didn't want to be with me as long as I was in love with someone else."

"Did you tell him he was full of shit?" Logan asked with a crooked grin as he stared at his beer. He knew what it was like to love someone who would never love you back, but he doubted Bobby did; Rogue loved him. It was one of the reasons he was stuck here in Canada and not back in New York, not that it had done any good. His escape hadn't worked; his obsession had followed him, blissfully unaware of his feelings.

"Yeah," Rogue sighed and took a long drink of her beer. "Then I thought about it and realized he was right. Oh don't get me wrong, I love him. He's one of my best friends but he isn't THE ONE! After he walked away from me, I didn't even cry."

"Maybe it just ain't hit you yet."

"I never wanted to hurt Bobby," Rogue whispered picking at the label on her bottle with a bare finger.

"I never thought he'd think that I would ever want to. God it's so confusing. I mean I really do love him, just not in the happily ever after, white picket fence way. We've been together for two years Logan and I never really let him even kiss me. Holding hands was one thing, a quick hug but that was it."

"So why stay with him if that's the case?"

"Cause it was enough for me," Rogue replied. "It was enough to let me feel normal, like I could control my heart. I think I've always known there was someone else, someone I was in love with, but he doesn't love me."

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah, he's hung up on someone else. I could never compete with her, she's beautiful," Rogue shrugged quickly. "I knew way back when that it would never be more than a friendship between us but part of me kept hoping that he'd realize that I'm just as good as she is, that I can be the one for him. A foolish dream I know, she's beautiful, smart, and touchable."

"So are you. You're smart, and funny, and great to be around." Logan refrained from pointing out that he'd come up with a million ways to touch the young woman next to him, after all it did little for his case. Besides, she wouldn't want him to touch her - she loved someone else.

"You're prejudiced Logan, you're my best friend."

"I may be prejudiced but it's the truth. Ask anyone who knows you, ask a complete stranger. They'll all tell you the same thing. I know you don't believe me but you are beautiful."

Smiling at him Rogue shrugged, "If I'm so great why is it that I'm in love with a man who doesn't love me back?"

"I don't know kid," Logan sighed softly hiding his pain behind another drink of his beer before ordering two more. "Probably cause he's a prick and doesn't understand or see.."

"No," Rogue shook her head. "He's a great guy. He's what every man should be but so few are. He's tough and sexy, a fighter, a real man," Rogue flushed slightly and shrugged, "everything I've ever wanted. Sure he's not exactly the most eligible bachelor but that doesn't matter, he's perfect as far as I'm concerned."

"Lucky bastard," Logan muttered under his breath as she fell silent, turning inward to her thoughts. Shit he'd give anything to be the man Rogue loved, to be worthy of that kind of devotion. He'd always felt something for her, right from the minute their eyes met over the bar they were now sitting at, it wasn't until the first night at the mansion that he realized what those feelings were. Staring into the brown eyes widened by shock as she stood with three claws stickin' out of her chest, he'd known what it meant to lose everything.

He knew everyone thought he had a thing for Jean, fuck she was a hot woman and he was after all a man. Flirting with her helped to keep the curiosity about him at bay and pissed off Scooter so it worked two ways. But flirting was all it was, he wasn't serious about her. No, instead he was serious about Rogue, and as long as he loved her he had to stay away because he wouldn't, couldn't interfere in her life. He had nothing to offer her for one thing, and for another she didn't feel the same.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like?" Rogue asked softly, "I mean to actually be with the person you love? I don't just mean in a fantasy, I mean for real? To be able to reach out and take without having to worry about boyfriends or girlfriends? To be able to be with the one you love without having to worry about how everyone ill take it?"

"Yeah," Logan shrugged. "But wishing don't do shit. If it did we'd both have what we want, and neither of us does. I spend hours wondering, dreaming about what it would be like to be with her. To touch her without worrying about getting killed."

"Let me guess you came back up here to get away from the fantasies?"

"Sorta," Logan glanced at Rogue and sighed softly. He'd come up here to wallow in the fantasies, to embrace them because it was all he would ever have and he knew it. "Have you ever thought of just telling him you love him?"

"He'd laugh at me and say he loves me to just not that way," Rogue replied firmly, confidently. "It would hurt too much to know that he pities me."

"I doubt if he'd go so far as to do that. He'd probably just sit down and talk it to death first."

Rogue smiled slightly, "I don't think so."

"I do," Logan shook his head. "Sometimes you have to be willing to take the pain, be willing to take the hit. Otherwise you spend your whole life waiting for something to come along and then, then you end up alone anyway."

"Like you?"

"Yeah like me," Logan glanced at Rogue who was staring at her now naked beer bottle. "Don't do that to yourself kid, don't live life like you can go back and change it. Cause you can't, and one morning you're gonna wake up and realize that what you've got is worthless. Take what you can get kid, cause something is better than nothing and pride won't keep you warm at night."

Nodding Rogue sighed, Logan was right. "But what if I tell him and it bothers him too much. I'd rather have what I've got now then nothing at all. What if I take this chance only to discover that it wasn't mine to take?"

"Those are the risks kid, life isn't guaranteed. You gotta take the bad with the good, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't."

"Are you planning on telling her you love her?" Rogue stared at Logan as he shifted uneasily on the stool and shrugged.

"I did," Logan whispered softly, his tone an uncomfortable rumble. "And she thought I was joking."

"Well she must not be very smart," Rogue sighed and wished Jean were here so she could break her fuckin' face. Didn't that woman understand what she had? What Rogue would kill to have? No, of course not, she had more men falling over themselves to impress her than Rogue would ever have.

"No, she just doesn't love me like that," Logan replied sadly and ordered another round. "But I knew that already, I knew there was never going to be a chance for us. She's too good for the likes of me, too much a lady."

"Some lady," Rogue muttered under her breath and reached for another beer. "You staying here in town?"

"Yep, you?"

"Just got in this morning. Haven't had a chance to find a room yet."

"You can share mine," Logan offered quickly swallowing harshly as he realized that it was as close to sleeping with her as he was ever going to get. Spending the night listening to her breath would be torture but it was worth it, worth the pain and suffering, the endless sleepless nights it would cause. Being that close to her, being able to watch over her would be all he would ever have and for now it would be enough, it would have to be. "I've got the fights tonight so you'll have it to yourself for the most part, at least until about eleven."

"You know I wish you wouldn't do this. I know you're good at it Logan, I just worry about you getting hurt is all."

"It's a living," Logan replied slowly and stared at his beer bottle. "Come on I'll show you where it is before I head over to the fights. No point in you being stuck sitting here all night."

"Thanks Logan. I ever tell you I'm glad you're my friend?"

"Yeah," Logan smiled sadly; glad she couldn't see the pain in his eyes, he hated that word with a passion. "Feelin's mutual kid."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting next to the window Rogue stared out at the cold night and sighed, Logan was due back in a few minutes and she wondered if he would bring someone back with him. She doubted he spent too many nights alone, even if he loved someone else.

Feeling her anger build at the thought of his feelings for Jean, Rogue balled her hands into fists and moved away from the window to curl up on the bed and pull the covers up over her shoulders.

Closing her eyes, she let the single tear roll down her cheek to fall on the pillow even as she struggled to fall asleep. There was no happy ending to this situation, she loved Logan, Logan loved Jean and never the twain shall meet.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slipping soundlessly into the hotel room, Logan dropped the key on the table and glanced at the bed. Rogue lay curled up sleeping soundly and he felt his heart skip a beat. A glance at the clock revealed it was closer to one then eleven but it didn't matter. He'd spent the extra couple of hours sitting in the bar sucking back the beer in a vain attempt to erase the knowledge that Rogue loved Cyclops.

God it was like his worst nightmare come true, even knowing that he'd never had a chance hadn't hurt this much and he wondered what she would do if she woke up to find him gone again. With a sigh he kicked off his boots, threw his jacket over the back of a chair and sat down on the edge of the bed. Running his hands through his hair tiredly he sighed and leaned back, pulling the loose edge of the comforter over him and facing away from Rogue. Tomorrow he'd send her home, tomorrow he would go back to being alone.

Tonight though, tonight he would relish the warmth of her body curled up behind him, memorize the sound of her breathing in the night. Tonight he would store enough memories to last him the rest of his life because he was never going back to Westchester, never going back to where his whole life had stuttered to a stop.

Jerking awake Rogue gasped into the darkness at the images of men in white coats in her mind and silently cursed the nightmare. It was one of the worst she'd inherited from Logan, in fact she often thought it was the worst. How Logan managed to remain sane this long with that playing out in his mind night after night was beyond her.

Sitting up she glanced over her shoulder at the slight sound from behind her and stared. Logan was stretched out asleep, his face twisted, his eyes moving rapidly behind his lids, his breathing fast and irregular. The muted groans and grunts from him told her he was in the throws of one of their shared nightmares.

Grunting sharply when he rolled, jerking awake suddenly and pinning her beneath him. She stared at the dark fury in his gaze as he raised a hand, his claws coming out for a split second before retreating beneath his skin and an anguished look coming onto his face.

"Oh God Marie, baby I'm so sorry," the words were low, pain laced, as he closed his eyes. From his harsh breathing and the tremble in his hand Rogue knew he wasn't really awake.

"Shh, it's okay Logan. Come on rest now," she whispered reaching up to brush a hand through his hair, hoping it would ease his mind enough to let him sleep.

"I can't do it," Logan whispered slipping down onto the bed, one arm like steel around her waist, "I can't let go."

Frowning as she lay there, feeling his body jerking next to hers Rogue wondered what he was talking about. "Its okay Logan, nobody says you have to."

"It hurts," the words drew a shaky breath from Rogue as he moved, shifting, pushing the covers out of the way as he pinned her into place with his body. "It hurts knowing you don't care."

"I do," Rogue whispered even as her heartbeat picked up, her breath caught as his fingers plucked at the buttons of her blouse. Shifting, trying to ease out from under him, Rogue trembled when his hands caught her easily, holding her in place as his head lowered, nestling between her breasts where his tag lay, protected by the thin undershirt she wore. "I do care Logan; you're my best friend in the whole world."

"Tell me how to make it different, how to make you care," Logan whispered against her throat, his lips brushing through the thin scarf she wore. "Tell me how to make you love me."

Closing her eyes, Rogue felt the tears start to fall and pulled him closer, even as his body relaxed slightly and his breathing evened out, "I already do," she whispered softly. "I already love you Logan, nothing is going to change that. If only I could teach you how to love me.."

Jerking awake Logan glanced around, the warm weight beneath his cheek rising and falling with the rhythm of sleep, the steady pounding of a heart echoing in his ear and he turned his head slightly. He knew before he saw her face who it would be, and he knew why she was laying sleeping next to him. Feeling what little control he had shifting, tearing away he rolled over, rising from the tangled blankets to slip into the bathroom and stand staring at the mirror in the semi darkness that comes just before dawn.

Reaching for the taps he turned the water on, splashing his face and shuddering. God he hoped she hadn't woke up last night. He didn't really want her to know he loved her, it hurt enough as it was without her telling him she was a fool.

Smelling the familiar stench of beer and sweat he stripped down and cranked the shower on, as deeply as she was sleeping he figured she wouldn't hear it, or him as he stepped under the spray and felt the pain scissor through him.

"Damn it!" he muttered angrily, "Why her, why Rogue?" he mused painfully, tearfully his voice choked with moisture. "Why couldn't I fall for someone else? Why couldn't she love me back?" Shaking his head he dropped it forward resting it on his chest and let the hot water wash over him, washing away silent tears that fell unchecked, unnoticed, and resented.

Hearing the shower start, Rogue rose and padded barefoot to the bathroom door that hung open slightly. Reaching for the door handle she froze at the soft words she could hear and a slow smile started across her face. Now it made sense, the nightmare from before, the way Logan had clung to her. He loved her, not Jean, not anyone but her!

Feeling her heart start to pound she withdrew and moved to sit on the foot of the bed to wait. It was time she figured; time to let him know he didn't need to run any further.

Stepping out of the shower, Logan dried off quickly grabbing his clothes and pulling them on easily before he headed for the door. He figured a good breakfast in Rogue before he sent her home, before he sent her back to Cyke was what the situation called for.

Feeling the emotional dagger twist just a little more he snarled soundlessly, his lips twisting to reveal white teeth as he shifted his thinking. No, he wouldn't send her home. He'd take her home, and then he could have a little talk with One Eye before he left again, this time for good. Pulling open the door he froze, she sat on the foot of the bed watching him with a small smile on her face.

"Shower's yours," he growled, "Then I figured we could get a bite to eat before we head back"

"Back?" Rogue asked softly.

"Yeah to the school, to Xavier's," Logan replied walking over to peer out the window, his body racked with tension, every muscle starting to ache with it.

Rogue nodded, obviously Logan didn't realize what he'd revealed last night. "Did you mean it?"

"What?" Logan demanded uneasily, his body tensing even further until his muscles ached with it.

"What you said yesterday about taking a chance, did you mean it?"

"Yeah," Logan smiled sadly at her. "I mean what's the worse that could happen?"

"He could run?" Rogue suggested walking toward him slowly. "He could just pick up and run."

Smiling slightly, Logan shook his head. "I doubt that. Cyke ain't one for runnin'. He's likely to try talking you to death first."

Pausing Rogue studied Logan as he turned away from her, he looked miserable. As miserable as she felt with the knowledge that he had no idea what the truth was. Shaking her head she smiled suddenly and walked up to wrap an arm around his waist and lay her head on his shoulder, she would have to ease into this if he was ever to believe her.

"Oh I'm sure Scott'll have something to say about it," Rogue agreed and shrugged. "He has something to say about everything and he ain't exactly the biggest fan of the guy I love."

"I thought you loved him?"

"Scott?" Rogue shook her head avoiding his gaze. "Nope, not even close."

"Then who were you talkin' about?" Logan demanded crossly, his body shifting, tensing even further and the muscles screaming out with the pain of it.

Rogue smiled and shrugged before heading for the bathroom, pushing the door open she turned to look at him easily and lifted one gloved hand to her throat. Plucking at the tags she grinned, "Guess," closing the door firmly she stripped and hopped into the shower, using the shampoo that was on the edge of the tub to wash out her hair even as she laughed softly.

He'd figure it out; he had nearly a week to do it. With a start she shrieked when the shower curtain was jerked back, revealing her naked body to the cold air and Logan's heated gaze.

"Would you quit with the word games," Logan ground out through clenched teeth.

"You know I think we should come to Laughlin more often, good things happen here," Rogue said reaching for the curtain. "What do you
think?"

"I think you've got five minutes before we go for breakfast and then I'm taking you back home."

"You can't take me back," Rogue said softly.

"Oh yes I can," Logan ground out. He fully planned on having a chat with everyone of her little boys before he left, make sure that none of them ever even thought of hurting her. Eying his tag he sighed and stepped back, as long as she wore it he had something. Oh he didn't think she did it cause she was in love with him.. "Hey Logan can you pass me a towel?" Rogue's voice had him grabbing the other bath towel off the rack and handing it to her. He stepped back when she escaped the tub and stopped to stand in front of him.

Wrapping the huge threadbare towel around her body she stared at Logan, "When did you tell me you loved me?"

"Huh?" Logan felt a sinking sensation in his gut. No! She wasn't supposed to know, his mind screamed.

"I don't remember you ever actually saying I love you Marie. I remember a lot of things about this situation, about us but I don't remember that."

"Before I left the last time."

Rogue paused and thought it over before shaking her head. "No, don't wash."

"Look can we just get you into your clothes before we head down to eat?" Logan said desperately as he backed out of the bathroom.

"Logan," Rogue paused. "Do you love me?"

Closing his eyes, he felt his body jerk like he'd been struck and swallowed before nodding painfully, "Yes."

"Then why are you running again?"

"Because its not what.."

"I feel for you?" Rogue whispered. "Yes it is. I do love you Logan, I've always loved you."

"Not the same.."

"Do you realize you're the only man who's ever touched my skin? The only one I'm not terrified to stand naked in front of."

"That's just cause you know I'll heal."

"Logan, no it isn't," she whispered painfully. "We dream the same dreams, feel the same pain, live the same nightmares, hide from the same people. The only person I know that really accepts me, that doesn't give a shit about my skin is you."

"Bobby doesn't care about it.."

"Yes he does," Rogue said softly. "He says he doesn't, says he loves me but he does. He flinches away from me when my hands are bare. And the mere fact that I don't let him even touch me most of the time should tell you I'm serious here!"

"Look Marie, you're gonna get back to the school and realize you've got so much more than you'll ever have with me." Logan looked pained, this hurt even worse than the knowledge that she didn't love him. Why would she want to inflict this kind of pain on him? Wasn't it enough that she had him body and soul?

"Maybe," Rogue said stepping right up to him and staring at him for a moment. The pain in his eyes tore at her, but she pressed on. "But we both know that there are no guarantees. I'd rather take a day, a week with you than a lifetime without. I love you Logan, and I know you love me. You asked me how to make me care, how to make me love you. You can't MAKE me love you; you just have to LET me love you." She whispered painfully, tears threatening at the stunned look in his eyes along with the pain and shame. Why he would be ashamed she had no idea but it didn't matter. She had to make him understand that she loved him, regardless of the cost.

"Come on, I think the diner's open."

Rolling her eyes Rogue stared at Logan's back for a moment then smiled, "Logan?"

"Yeah kid?"

"Can you love me?"

"Just get dressed."

"Is it cause of my skin?"

"ROGUE!" Logan snapped whirling to face her and swallowed hard. "It would never work. Scott would never let us.."

"So we don't have to go back," Rogue stated softly. "I'm not asking for much Logan. Just a chance to make you see I love you."

"Rogue," Logan sighed raking a tired hand through his hair.

"Please Logan, give me that chance. Give me time to make you understand, to make you see what's in my heart."

The soft words hit Logan squarely in the heart and he sighed, giving in without too much fuss.

"You've got time," he muttered and watched her grin for a moment before she grabbed a shirt and pulled it on. He absently noted it was one of his and he shook his head, lucky fucking piece of flannel.

"Thank you," Rogue grinned at him. "So where are we going after breakfast?"

"Where do you want to go?" Logan replied as Rogue hurriedly dressed, pulling on her gloves easily even as he grabbed a pair and tucked 'em into his pockets.

"I don't care," Rogue replied seriously. "As long as it takes a long time to get there, and lets me prove I care."

"How about Jasper then we'll head south through Montana and do a huge loop before we get back to the mansion?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Smiling at her Logan opened the door and held it while she literally skipped out the door a happy grin on her face. The way he figured it, they had about three months worth of traveling before they got back to Xavier's and he was going to take full advantage of it. The way he figured, by the time they got to the mansion, Rogue would either be in love with him or hate him either way he'd know whether he was staying or going.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue:

Glancing up at the sound of a motorcycle Scott hurried through the mansion toward the front door. The sound of the bike was familiar; almost like the one Logan had stolen earlier in the year and he wondered briefly if it was him.

Hurrying down the stairs he noted the way the door slid open soundlessly and sighed, looked like it was Logan. Hitting the landing he stalked toward the opening door only to come to a complete, stunned halt.

Standing in the open doorway was a familiar young woman who looked very much like she'd just stepped out of a large vacuum. Her hair was tangled and knotted by the wind, a leather jacket hugged her curves and tight leather pants caressed her long legs. Her face was wind burnt, but a huge smile graced her face.

"Rogue?"

"Hey Mister Summers," Rogue smiled at him easily and shifted easily as Logan walked up behind her. She cast the burly guy a smile and winked before stepping forward, Logan giving her a hand with a sharp but affection slap on her ass.

"Bike needs gas," Logan grunted tossing the key to Scooter and pulling Marie a little closer to him. One arm wrapping around her neck as they headed for the staircase.

Instinctively catching the keys, Scott stood there in open mouthed shock as they couple headed upstairs, their bags hanging over Logan's shoulder easily. Well fuck, that wasn't what he was expecting although he didn't know what he was expecting but it sure as shit wasn't Rogue coming back looking like she'd just been handed the keys to her mutation and told to take it for a spin.

"Hey Mister Summers," Bobby's voice had him glancing at the young man uneasily. "Thought I heard a bike."

"Yeah, um Logan's back."

"Rogue with him?" Bobby asked softly, curious to know about the girl he'd loved at one time.

"Oh yeah," Scott smiled slightly, a concerned look on his face. "She looked.."

"Happy?" Bobby smiled and shrugged. "Figured she would if she was with him. They belong together."

"Surely you don't.."

"I do." Bobby sighed. "I think I knew it way back when we were dating, those two are very much a couple. Way I see it, the only reason Logan left was because he couldn't handle the thought she'd figure out he loved her enough to want her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him."

Nodding absently Scott watched Bobby walk away, the mere fact that the young man wasn't angry was surprising. With a slight shrug, Scott shook his head and walked away. Tonight's dinner hours would be surprising to say the least. Scott briefly wondered how Jean would take Logan's return, more importantly how she'd take his return with Rogue and the obviousness of their physical relationship. With a sigh he figured only time would tell.

The end