The air was warm that night. So very warm despite the chill that raced over me. I can still remember it - two bodies pressed together atop that old statue with nothing but the fall winds and the full moon's glow wrapped around us. As close as lovers, as intimate as making love, and as selfless as it could possibly be.

There was no leather bound geeks, no annoying buzz of anyone else as we stood together. The air was clean, crisp with only the scent of us on it and I welcomed it.

I've never felt so exposed, so stripped bare as I did that night and yet I've never felt so shrouded. Wrapped in arms that clung to me, lips pressed against skin that should have been cold but were warm, my nose buried in the strands of hair blowing in the wind.

Every sense I had screaming of possession, of desire, lust, longing, and something else I hated to think of. That part of me I try to control telling me to just take, to hell with what anyone said or did. We were one.

Even as I felt the pain begin, the searing agony of my body's reaction to a touch that was never meant to be painful I wallowed in the security of it. I wrapped myself in the silver light and the pale strands of hair that whipped around us even as I leaned forward, my lips crushing hers beneath their weight.

I welcomed the pain, the bliss as she kissed me back. My only thought was that it was just us. Two people made whole by our actions, by the pale glow that bound us.

I don't remember too much after she broke away from me other than the look in her eyes, part desire, part lust, part guilt, and part knowledge.

It was the last that told me more than anything that she understood. That she realized what I had done, what I had given her. The soft smile on her lips as I sank to the base of that bloody machine told me she welcomed it, returned it.

That look so ageless told me that we'd done it. As corny as it sounds we'd gotten caught between the moon and New York City.

What else were we supposed to do? We'd fallen in love that night and I've never looked back, never regretted that.

No matter how far I am from her, from the world she must walk in at least for now all I have to do is look up into the night sky and there's a reminder. That big, glowing rock that keeps the stars company also keeps my heart, my faith alive.

My Marie and I are linked by more than just memories - we're linked by love, and the moonlight.