Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
Logan ate what was on the plate in front of him, but if asked later on what it was that had been digested, he wouldn’t remember.

His thoughts were on the little girl that looked like him and her mother; the waitress who he’d never seen before that day.

Logan was no fool, he knew about the breeding experiments forced upon him at the Wyler facility.

He also knew the possible consequences of the one experiment he’d been knocked out for.

Said consequence was in the back room of Betty’s diner, showing off her prized drawing.

It made sense easily enough; the waitress was a mutant, therefore involved in the Wyler breeding program that took place in the same region, and released with the rest of the subjects on the day someone lost their fuckin’ mind.

Fate had brought Logan there.

He was destined to find the child he’d never even met… hope and maybe even happiness after a half life of nothing but pain.

Only, how did you tell that someone you just met?
---------------------------------------------------------
Kara’s Place

“Jamie, it’s time for bed.”

“But I wanna watch Finding Nemo again.”

“You’ll have plenty of time for that tomorrow.”

“But I wanna watch it now.”

“Well, you have to go to bed now.”

“That’s not fair.”

“... Okay, I’ll make you a deal.”

“I’m listening.”

“If you go to bed know, I’ll come tuck you in AND read you a story from the Nemo story book.”

“Um… okay!”

1 Hour Later

“Read another one!”

“Nope, that’s enough.”

“Awww.”

“Time for bed… Mommy loves you.”

“Mommy?”

“Yeah baby?”

“How come I don’t have a Daddy?”

“… Um… well, because you have an Aunt Kara that loves you very much.”

“Oh… okay.”
---------------------------------------------------------
Logan sat in the front seat of his truck.

He was still parked outside the diner, trying to figure things out.

Three hours and four beers later, he’d devised a plan… he was going to tell the waitress everything.

He prayed that his instincts were right and not just affirming what he wanted to believe.