Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
Gravy’s Bar
Six miles from the Cabin

A tall blonde haired woman with lethal turquoise eyes and a glint in them that promised many a naughty thing, passed by Baltrium on his way out of the bar.

She looked at him for a split second; recognition obviously hitting her and then disappearing almost as quickly as it had come.

Baltrium acted on his gut instincts and followed her back into the bar.

Not realizing that someone was tailing her, the woman sauntered in causing men in various stages of drunk-ness to turn their heads in appreciation.

She stopped behind the man Baltrium had just been talking to and parked herself next to him on a stool.

“Hey.”

Although beautiful, the woman smelled all wrong… not bad, like an odor acquired through uncleanness but, sinister if that was at all possible.

Baltrium knew he had to do something, but what can you do to someone who simply looked at you funny then struck up a conversation with someone you were trying to get out of harms way?

So he did the only thing he could think of.

“Okay, nobody move or your ass gets toasted!”

The crowd turned to see the seemingly calm and mild mannered man from a few minutes before (who they’d barely even noticed) turn into a black, metallic flame thrower.

No one moved an inch.

No one except for the tall blonde bombshell.

“I never pegged you for the perceptive type… oh well.”

And with that, her skin transformed into a deep shade of blue, textured by scales.

Everyone including the man at the bar was fazed… everyone except for Baltrium who shot a series of flames at her before the transformation was even complete.

“Burn bitch!”

He smothered his hands together to kill the fire before returning to his normal state.

“Come on!”

By then the entire bar knew just who Baltrium was talking to.
---------------------------------------------------------
Eric had eventually come looking for his partner in crime after quickly disposing of William.

Needless to say, Baltrium soon made it onto Eric’s shit list.

He tracked down Baltrium to a motel in Maine and decided it best to do the job himself.

When he walked into the room that the motel clerk had so stupidly pointed out; Eric realized that the man he sought had already committed suicide.

Next to him lay a note with the words: “To Laurie, I should have done something sooner.” scribbled in black ink.

Frustrated that he didn’t get his revenge, Eric crumpled the paper heatedly.

Eventually, Eric decided to stop looking for the elusive subject; he’d already lost so much for so little.

It was to be a substitute for Sabertooth who’d been given to William as a gift.

And once the ‘pet’ began to disregard civility, Eric knew it would be impossible to take him back; with or without William in the picture.

----------------------------------------------------------
Kara, the nurse from Merick Hospital where Marie had stayed for three weeks, took the young girl in once she was released.

The two became as close as sisters and Kara became a second mother to Jamie, Marie’s daughter.

While attending classes at a nearby learning center in order to get her GED, Marie made money as a waitress at a roadside diner.

Four Years Later

A man that called himself Logan, since he had never been given another name, drove into a gas station.

“Hey.”

“Hi, what can get ya’ sir?”

“Unleaded, where’s the nearest place to eat around here?”

“Umm... Betty’s, less than a mile up.”

“Thanks.”

Logan gave the kid a few Canadian dollars to pay for the gas and went about his way.

A few minutes later he pulled into the diner’s parking lot.