Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
The Cabin
The Next Day

“William… you have disappointed me greatly.”

“I know Eric, but I need more time… I can find him, just-“

“The time for excuses has passed my dear boy, it is now time for action.”

“Eric please, don’t do this-“

“Shh William, you mustn’t beg… it degrades us all.”

“...”

“Now, have you any last words?”

“Yes, I can find him, I will, just let me live and I’ll do everything in my power to get the subject back!”

“No need… Mystique is doing just that and I trust her instincts.”
--------------------------------------------------------
Twenty Miles From the Cabin

“Man, you are one hard mutant to track.”

“How did you find me?”

“GPS.”

“…”

“Not important. What is though is that you’re okay.”

“Thank you.”

“Stop. I’ve done plenty of rotten shit in my life, so don’t go praisin’ me.”

“Okay.”

“Oh, um… good news… Kitty's dead.”

“…”

“That bastard from the cage… you know; yay-high, smelled of unholiness.”

“Grrrrrrrrrrrrwl!”

“Right… he had a little accident involving some very deadly flames. Come on, you must be freezin’ out here… I’ll buy you a drink.”
--------------------------------------------------------
Merick Hospital
Ontario, Canada
Happening At the Same Time

“Miss…”

“Marie.”

“Miss Marie, I’ve checked the results of your blood test and everything seems to be in order.”

“Ah knew it’d be fine… they really took good care of me and the baby.”

“Who’s they?”

“The people at the other hospital… Ah mean, it wasn’t so good at first, but once the doctors found out Ah was pregnant, Ah got a comfy room and lotsa’ meals.”

“How did you end up at the other ‘hospital’?”

“Ah- Ah met a man… he told me about a place for people like me…”

“I’m so sorry.”

“They never meant to hurt me… they just needed my body is all, they were trying to do something good… they were…”

Deep down Marie had known the truth all along; they weren’t try to help her, but that lie was all she had to hold on to… until the baby.

She began to cry uncontrollably and so the nurse just held her.
--------------------------------------------------------
Gravy’s Bar
Six miles from the Cabin

“Why me?”

“Whaddaya’ mean?”

“Why did you choose to help me, what made you change?

“I dunno know.”

“You’re lying.”

“I don’t wanna talk about it… I can’t.”

“Yes… you can.”

“…”

“Tell me.”

“…”

“Please.”

“… Stryker picked up this girl once… a real looker. She was maybe nine or ten, but you could tell she was gonna be a knock out… Bright gray eyes, dark black hair and her face…”

“Was she a mutant?”

“Yeah, of course, she could break glass just by speaking… Stryker wired her mouth shut…"

“What happened?”

“… Don’t make me tell you, you don’t wanna know.”

“Yes I do… please… tell me.”

“… I stood by while that fuckin’ bastard raped her; day-in and day-out…”

“…”

“When I saw you in Sabertooth’s cage, every one of those days replayed in my mind. So don’t thank me okay, I’m no better than that scumbag who’s probably dead by now.”

“Dead?”

“Yeah…. some people were supposed to come by and pick you up, but when you ‘escaped’, the shit hit the fan and it all fell on Stryker.”

“Why didn’t you kill him?”

“What? Should I have avenged the girl? I didn’t help her when she was alive… Besides, like I said, the fuck is probably dead by now anyway. ”

“…”

“Yeah, I’d say the same thing if I were you...”

Baltrium tucked C$50,000 in the other man’s shirt pocket.

“Here, this’ll take you wherever you wanna go.”

He then threw C$100 on the bar counter and left.