Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
Wyler Genetics
Ontario, Canada
One Week Later

“So, what’s today’s count?”

“None.”

“What do you mean 'none', I thought we were making progress.”

“’We’ weren’t doing anything. *You* wanted this and I was stupid enough to go along for the ride, but… it stops here.”

“I don’t understand?”

“You know, for a guy that got all A’s in college, you’re kinda slow on the uptake. Lemme’ spell it out for you… No more experiments, no more buying test tube mutants and breeding them and no more of your sycophant speeches about ‘God’s’ mistakes. It’s all over.”

“It’s not over until I say it is! Do you actually think you get a vote?… This isn’t a democracy, it’s a dictatorship!”

“Oh brother… shut it up. And no, I never doubted the politics of this little… whatever it was that you were running… BUT, as your brother and co-founder of Wyler Genetics, what guard wouldn’t believe me if I told them that you’ve decided it best to let the subjects go?”

“WHAT?! No… they would never believe you.”

“Well, they did when I said and I quote… ‘Mr. David Wyler has asked that I inform all of you about this project’s termination and our plans to embark on new endeavors. It is unfortunate that you cannot join us on our journey, but this facility will be shut down due to the change and most obviously the lack of growth potential versus original investmests. Mr. Wyler, also asks that you release all of the subjects from their respective confinements so that we may decide on the best method to deal with them. Please have them in the observatory wing at o’ 800. Your wages for this month and next will be given to you upon the shift’s end today… On behalf of my brother and myself; thank you all for your hard work and loyalty to this institution. See you in the observatory wing gentleman.’… Yeah, I totally memorized that… I could’ve won an Oscar.”

“O’ 800? That was three hours ago!”

“Yup, and don’t bother runnin’ to catch em’… I already had everyone checked out and transported to a local mutant-friendly hospital.”

“How could you do this to me… my own brother?! I could kill you!”

David Wyler made to strangle his brother, but was met with a sudden ferocious shock of electricity.

“Surprise big bro!”

Shaking on the floor, David managed to put into words his feelings of betrayal.

“You’ve… been… one of… them… all along.”

“Yeah Davy, I have… and I tried to hide it… tried to hate mutants just like you did, but I couldn’t… I can’t hate what I am. And I won’t… not anymore.”

With that Greg Wyler left his brother and prayed that he would one day see the error of his ways.