Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
Wyler Genetics
Ontario, Canada
Two Weeks Later

“Hush little baby don’t say a word, momma’s gonna buy you a mockin’ bird, and if that mockin’ bird don’t sing, momma’s gonna buy you a diamond ring…”

“What is she doing?”

“Umm… singing.”

“I know that… why?”

“I think she’s singing to the baby.”

“Great, just what we need... the stronger a connection she forms with the fetus, the harder it’s going to be when we take it away from her.”

“Why can’t we just let this one keep the kid, and maybe… let her go.”

“WHAT?!”

“Never mind.”

“Look, these are not ‘people’ we’re talking about, they are God’s mistakes and we are doing society a service by keeping as many as we can here. I’m trying to find a way to bring some good out of all this and you want to let them go? Well, I will do nothing of the sort. The female and her… spawn are staying in this facility.”
--------------------------------------------------------
Wyler Genetics
The Observatory Room

“Ah know you’re probably too little to hear me or too little to even have ears but Ah’m gonna talk to ya’ anyway. Ah’m gonna love you so much, you’re not gonna know what to do with it all, but that’s okay, you can save some for your kids when you grow up...”

“It’s time for you to eat now.”

“Good, I was gettin’ hungry… do you still got any of that sugary stuff from the other day? Ah liked it.”

“Yes, I believe we still do.”
--------------------------------------------------------
The Cabin
The Next Day

“What do you mean ‘it escaped’?”

“Just what I said… I got off the phone with your boss and the next thing I know Baltriums on the floor coughing up a fucking lung and ‘it’ was gone.”

“You did not hold up your end of the deal… Eric will not be happy about this.”

“You think I don’t know that? Give me until tomorrow morning and I guarantee that I’ll have found him.”

“Alright… you have until tomorrow morning, first thing. I’m only doing this because I don’t wish to see Eric unhappy, but if I must…”

“You won’t.”

“Remember… first thing.”

A Few Minutes Later

“BALTRIUM! Get Sabertooth out here! We got an escapee to find!”
--------------------------------------------------------
The Cabin
Outside of Sabertooth’s Cage

“Tranq darts? Check. Recycled vomit with what should be enough mutation inhibitor in it and hopefully not nearly enough Ipecac? Check. Urge to seek vengeance slash justice? Check. Let’s get this party started.”
--------------------------------------------------------
The Cabin
Ten minutes later

“BLATRIUM! Why isn’t Sabertooth out here yet?!”

A Few Moments Later

“BALTRIUM!”

Angry due to the situation and his protégé’s lack of response or ability to do as asked, Stryker made his way to the room that held his pet Sabertooth’s cage.

To his surprise said pet was lying on the floor looking positively burned alive (or dead) and Baltrium (whose mutation allowed him to control flames, though that wasn’t the extent of it) was no where to be found.
--------------------------------------------------------
Two Miles Away From 'The Cabin'

“Don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner… Goodbye Kitty… you sick bastard, goodbye my soon-to-be-dead Ex-boss… Eric shall take care of you. Now… to find that claw guy… thank God for GPS.”